I have been focusing a lot on creating quality and original content(nothing spun) for one of my blogs. I later found out that my on page SEO was totally messed up so here are some stuff I fixed yesterday:
- Page/Post Title beings with my keyword
- Page/Post Title contains at least 3 words
- Page/Post Title contains less then 66 character (which is the max that google sees)
- Meta description begins with keyword
- Meta keywords contains no more then 3 keywords
- H1tag begins with keyword
- H2tag contains keyword
- H3tag contains keyword
- My written content contains my keyword in the first 100 words and last 100 words
- At least 1 image with keyword in ALT attribute
- 1 external link to Wikipedia
- 1.09% keyword density
- Use of related keywords
I did NOT create a sitemap xml for this particular blog.
I also used the webmaster tools to index my blog to google to make sure they check it again.
Barely any backlinks
Now the problem is that it does not rank for my targeted keyword which does not have a lot of competition(50k). I have made one sale and right now the conversion rate is 1.35%. I get around 20 unique views a day.
Is there something I have missed or I am doing wrong? I'm sure most of you will tell me that I should build backlinks. I use SocialAdr and so far I don't see any results. Quite honestly, I don't know what this particular service is doing for my blog.
I would appreciate any help you guys can give me to actually get this blog on the first page.
Here is the site: Compare eReaders - Compare Top eReaders from 2011 Compare eReaders