Hosting account affects ranking

25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi, I have some sites in Hostgator and I am in a baby plan, so I can host unlimitad add-domains, but I am worrying because some of y sites are not ranking very well, I have done proper SEO onpage and offpage.

My question has to do with the fact that if I have multiple domains in a same ip, like baby plan does, then google do not rank my page very well.

Do you guys, think it whould be better to get the reseller plan for my domains?
Or should I buy a hatchling plan for every website?

what has been sucessful for you?
What do you advice to me?

Tahnkyou
#account #affects #hosting #ranking
  • Profile picture of the author Talen
    Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author C Rebecca
      Originally Posted by Talen View Post

      Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking.
      Hosting has to do with rankings,
      - If you are switching to a fast host, it improves user experience of the website and thus rankings
      - Location of your host influence your rankings in case of geo targeting

      As far as hosting on same ip is concerned... Nothing to worry about it. Its perfectly fine to host many sites on same ip.
      Signature

      FREE 30 minutes of Ecommerce Marketing consultation. Consulted clients like Overstock.com, About.com, Lowe's and more...
      Book at: hello@techzui.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
    Load time does affect ranking, so if your hosting currently provides a slow load time then rankings will be affected but it is minimal!

    But on the larger scale your rankings has nothing to do with what hostgator plan you are on. Stick with the plan you have and invest in an SEO service that delivers quality backlinks or do the SEO work yourself!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Dandy
    If you have a lot of multimedia on your website could affect your load speed and visitor bounce rate. not good with google
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephaneM20
    Yes, hosting does not have any direct connection with search engine ranking. It's important for you to minimize the load time of your website as much possible, because that's one of the important issues you need to have for your website for getting potential customers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris X
    It does.
    My site took a big hit when I changed the host... ever since, I pick my host before I start building the site.
    Signature
    "A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time." – Henry Ford
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shinebook
    How you can give fact that on page and off page optimization is done by you. They continue work on site. Once you have completed your on page then you should build quality link and no one can say that ---- number of links are enough for top ranking in search engine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brentcans
    I don't think so!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author richardtj
    Hosting has nothing to do with ranking except when:

    You rely on a backlink campaign from one site to the next on the same class C IP.
    Your provider has an IP not in the country you're trying to rank your site for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by Talen View Post

      Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking.
      :rolleyes:
      Care to explain or prefer to get banned for trashing the thread without any obvious explanation of why you post that?

      Originally Posted by richardtj View Post

      Hosting has nothing to do with ranking except when:

      You rely on a backlink campaign from one site to the next on the same class C IP.
      Your provider has an IP not in the country you're trying to rank your site for.
      :rolleyes:

      What does Google say about loading times? Search for it - they want fast loading sites. And it's normal, they want to show good results that open fast, just like a customer getting hot food in his plate fast and yummy.

      You really just think about C Classes? And IP's form same country? OMG... This forum is so trashed... what a shame...

      @OP,

      You have a perfectly normal hosting plan. But SEO is 100 times more complex then just "good on page and tags" or whatever you people say in this forum.

      BUT if you choose a bad hosting (and Hostgator CAN BE bad sometimes) especially with slowload times, you can get nailed by Google - and thats a fact. Google wants a top 10 of fast sites - otherwise they (Google) seem to be doing a "bad" service for their visitors. See the restaurant example.

      Usually HG is pretty fast changing your hosting plan to another server/IP if you ask them. Have you tried that already?
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389014].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Talen
        Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

        :rolleyes:
        Care to explain or prefer to get banned for trashing the thread without any obvious explanation of why you post that?
        Where did I trash this thread? I stated a fact that has no reason to be explained. Here, I'll write it again so you can duly have me banned...

        Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking. I'm sorry if facts upset you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389050].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by Talen View Post

          Where did I trash this thread? I stated a fact that has no reason to be explained. Here, I'll write it again so you can duly have me banned...

          Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking. I'm sorry if facts upset you.
          You're wrong.

          Try switching one of your sites to a hosting company with slow servers and ****ty uptimes. Then come back here and tell me hosting has nothing to do with rankings.
          Signature
          Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
          Delivered to you each week!

          >>> Sign Up Now <<<
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389558].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Talen
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            You're wrong.

            Try switching one of your sites to a hosting company with slow servers and ****ty uptimes. Then come back here and tell me hosting has nothing to do with rankings.
            Neither you or anyone else bothered to read the OP if you would have you would see that my answer is 100% factual.

            The average hosting services such as hostgator and bluehost rarely if ever have uptime issues or server slowdowns, at least that has been my experience over the past 6 years. So, even if we were discussing uptime issues and slow servers it's pretty much a rarity these days in my opinion...unless you are buying server space from some guys grandma who has a 1990's server in her garage.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389607].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
              Originally Posted by Talen View Post

              Neither you or anyone else bothered to read the OP if you would have you would see that my answer is 100% factual.

              The average hosting services such as hostgator and bluehost rarely if ever have uptime issues or server slowdowns, at least that has been my experience over the past 6 years. So, even if we were discussing uptime issues and slow servers it's pretty much a rarity these days in my opinion...unless you are buying server space from some guys grandma who has a 1990's server in her garage.
              Then what you were trying to say was that it was not HIS hosting affecting HIS rankings, but that is not the way you worded it.
              Signature
              Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
              Delivered to you each week!

              >>> Sign Up Now <<<
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389768].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Talen
                Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                Then what you were trying to say was that it was not HIS hosting affecting HIS rankings, but that is not the way you worded it.
                He didn't say his rankings were affected he asked:

                My question has to do with the fact that if I have multiple domains in a same ip, like baby plan does, then google do not rank my page very well.
                And I replied:

                Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389847].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Aussie_Al
                  One of my Hostgator sites I have 10-12 sites all on the same account

                  I just checked half of them (the ones I worked on) are still ranked above the fold, first page of google for their key words.

                  So in my experience it hasn't had any negative affect on my rankings, no.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5390053].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
          Not only are you wrong for making such a statement.

          Google constantly DE-INDEX'S sites because the server they are on is so SLOW it provides a very crappy users experience.

          Oh wait, now your going to tell me that if a site is de-indexed that won't effect ranking either right?

          Get off this forum with your nonsense!

          Originally Posted by Talen View Post

          Where did I trash this thread? I stated a fact that has no reason to be explained. Here, I'll write it again so you can duly have me banned...

          Hosting has absolutely nothing to do with ranking. I'm sorry if facts upset you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5390308].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
            Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

            Get off this forum with your nonsense!
            Amen to that!
            Signature
            People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5391720].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Talen
            Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

            Not only are you wrong for making such a statement.

            Google constantly DE-INDEX'S sites because the server they are on is so SLOW it provides a very crappy users experience.

            Oh wait, now your going to tell me that if a site is de-indexed that won't effect ranking either right?

            Get off this forum with your nonsense!
            You are the one speaking nonsense now...Google constantly de-indexes sites for being slow? Now I've heard it all... and if you would have taken the time to actually read and comprehend the OP you would find that my answer was 100% correct.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392184].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
              Yes Google has, does, and will do so. You believe whatever you like. pfft

              Originally Posted by Talen View Post

              You are the one speaking nonsense now...Google constantly de-indexes sites for being slow? Now I've heard it all... and if you would have taken the time to actually read and comprehend the OP you would find that my answer was 100% correct.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5400290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Magento developer
    If I have site with page rank of 5, now I want to change the hosting for my site then it'll affect my rank or not... I want to maintain my pagerank as it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5388982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kokopelli
    There are some that feel otherwise - i.e. that a hosting account in a "bad neighborhood" can get you penalized/banned by Google. E.g.:

    Most of the blogs who are in their initial or intermediary phase use shared hosting services for hosting. Such servers share the same IP for all sites hosted on it. Now if one of these other sites is performing a suspicious SEO technique that site will get banned and there is a good chance that your site will also get banned due to same shared IP address.
    Source: bloggingjunkie.com/oh-no-am-i-in-bad-neighbourhood.html

    and

    Just as a bad neighborhood can have an adverse impact on the value of your home, your website can be penalized for sharing an IP address with websites that are involved in spam or black hat practices. Regardless of the quality of your website, you may be at the receiving end of Google penalty your IP is attached to a bad virtual neighborhood.
    Source: wolf21.com/blog/choose-web-hosting-provider-carefully-prevent-google-penalty/

    ... etc.

    I also feel if you're on a host/IP that has been acting badly, or has been banned, that it may affect your own site negatively. But, even if there is only a small possibility it may, why chance using a shared server with a host notorious for spamming, malware, etc.?
    Signature
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tylerjaysen
    well I don't think that hosting will negatively affect your rankings..unless load time sucks and is slow and/or stops...then yes it will affect it.

    Also, having add-on domains on one hosting isn't as good as having a reseller account where you can host several domains.

    And yeah, having the same C class (or IP) for multiple domains isn't the best way to get optimal SEO juice. Much better to have several reseller accounts on different C class blocks spread out on diff IP's.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392071].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
      Originally Posted by tylerjaysen View Post

      And yeah, having the same C class (or IP) for multiple domains isn't the best way to get optimal SEO juice. Much better to have several reseller accounts on different C class blocks spread out on diff IP's.
      Why? Expalin b4 I take out the AK :p

      Hint: inter-linking?!

      Source: too many years of experience (I feel old now)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMAnthony
    Thankyou guys for all your comments and replies, and re-replies among you , I can see that many of you have not experienced ranking troubles for having many sites in one plan hosting alone, and the only bad thing it could happen is if I have adult, drugs, porno, hate, etc related topics domains in it, or if I have some sites with a ton of mutlimedia in them that could slow the loading time, which would cause a minor rank in search result for some of my sites.
    Well, that is not a problem since I use a very clean wp theme and no videos nor flash in them. I will keep with my offseo campaigns up and maybe I would get a reseller plan in the future.
    Thankyou
    Signature
    PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!



    Are You Ready to Make Money? ----->How I Made $2000 USING LINKEDIN!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5397769].message }}

Trending Topics