All Adsense sites on same "Shared Hosting" account? Pls. reply

17 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi fellows,

I just want to clarify a big confusion here.

I have more than 10 Adsense websites (6 months old) ranking on page # 1 of Google and most them are top 5 in SERP.

My question is, since I have hosted all the sites on the same "shared hosting" account (hostgator), does it affect my Adsense earnings in any way? The reason I asked this question is because my adsense earnings sky rocketed when these sites start hitting high on SERP (position 1, 2 or 3), BUT gradually as time passed I am getting low revenue, why? any reason.

90% of the traffic is pure organic from Google searches. The only thing I am lagging is the "content". I have practically one or two '"UNIQUE" articles per site! Is this the reason of my adsense earnings dropping? For instance, one of my website receives 120+ unique visitors per day and with CTR theme its not getting a single click, i.e., no earnings !!!

Please help me here, as I am planing to grow adsense websties in the future, but seeing such results, its a kind of discouraging for me.

Your expert reply advice is highly appreciated.
#account #adsense #pls #reply #serp #shared hosting #sites
  • Profile picture of the author rahman.warrior
    never .. no problem with adsense how many accounts you have , no problem with hosting , it's all about seo. if you are linking to your website from same server it's less effective than another servers backlinks. no problem wit adsense
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5412762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      There is no problem. Effectiveness is relevant, and not
      about getting banned. The world runs of shared servers.

      Do you have a blogspot blog? Thousands on the same
      server.

      All my sites except one are on the same server. I
      interlink and link up like a madman.

      People use one IP for traffic volume, not to avoid
      getting banned.

      All subdomains are treated as a different domain.
      So, what does that do for a site like about.com,
      running adsense, and thousands on same server?
      Nothing.

      In 2012, rarely do you have to worry about overloading
      a server for the average animal. That's why google puts
      thousands on one. Adsense is a non-issue.


      People try to hide because they do bad things. They get
      banned or penalized because they do bad things.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5412817].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        There is no problem. Effectiveness is relevant, and not
        about getting banned. The world runs of shared servers.

        Do you have a blogspot blog? Thousands on the same
        server.

        All my sites except one are on the same server. I
        interlink and link up like a madman.

        People use one IP for traffic volume, not to avoid
        getting banned.

        All subdomains are treated as a different domain.
        So, what does that do for a site like about.com,
        running adsense, and thousands on same server?
        Nothing.

        In 2012, rarely do you have to worry about overloading
        a server for the average animal. That's why google puts
        thousands on one. Adsense is a non-issue.


        People try to hide because they do bad things. They get
        banned or penalized because they do bad things.

        Paul
        Hey Paul,

        Thanks for shedding light on this issue.

        Actually, when I started out adsense I used blgospot.com blogs and I still have 3 or 4 of them running without revenue!!! I mean the same situation where people are visiting but NO clicks are registered.

        I must admit that when I started working (back on 2007) on adsense websites (blogspot.com) I used a loop-whole to get tons of traffic, hence making me decent money daily. I personally feel, my account is somehow "flagged" and thats the reason of me loosing revenue.

        I am right in assuming this? If yes, then if I put my friends adsense code on my existing websites (which are ranking high in SERP) will it make any difference.

        What do you say?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
    Thanks for your reply, but the interesting fact is that I only have 2 or 3 baclinks to my websites. The traffic is all Organic from Google. The reason I am getting traffic is because:

    1. I use EMD (exact matching domain names)
    2. Excellent ON-Page SEO

    But why I am still loosing revenue. As I mentioned one of my site receives 120+ unique visitors per day but NO adsense click!!!

    This is really strange, especially when I am using CRT theme.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5412799].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rahman.warrior
      Originally Posted by markwilson4074 View Post

      Thanks for your reply, but the interesting fact is that I only have 2 or 3 baclinks to my websites. The traffic is all Organic from Google. The reason I am getting traffic is because:

      1. I use EMD (exact matching domain names)
      2. Excellent ON-Page SEO

      But why I am still loosing revenue. As I mentioned one of my site receives 120+ unique visitors per day but NO adsense click!!!

      This is really strange, especially when I am using CRT theme.
      hello,

      are you loosing visitors ?? how about analyics report ?
      and can i see ad position , that main thing to get click from visitors
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5412818].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
        Originally Posted by rahman.warrior View Post

        hello,

        are you loosing visitors ?? how about analyics report ?
        and can i see ad position , that main thing to get click from visitors
        No I am not loosing visitors, in fact they are increasing day by day due to my SERP position and organic traffic.

        I use CTR theme and its amazingly great to produce some high revenues.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ericnelsonator
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
      Originally Posted by ericnelsonator View Post

      All adsense sites on same shared hosting should be no problem at all.. I host about 15-20 sites on each shared hosting account and it works without any issues. Though my policy is to avoid any cross linking between my sites - none at all.
      No cross linking is done here.

      I have a few blogspot.com blogs (old ones) who also behave the same way and don't produce any revenue, should I get rid of blogspot.com blogs or simply remove adsense code from them?

      Any idea?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414108].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discustipated
        Im using CTR them and it works fine with me. I have really high ctr is all i know and though my keyword for the niche im in gets 880 local exact us searches, I get $2-$7 days from all the long tails I pick up as well. Its the only site I have made money from though adsense.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ramdom123
    Are you seeing page impression on your adsense account?
    Are the ads relevant to your site theme?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413508].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
      Originally Posted by ramdom123 View Post

      Are you seeing page impression on your adsense account?
      Are the ads relevant to your site theme?
      Yes the impressions are there.

      As I mentioned, it always starts with earning money when I make the website, then gradually it goes down to no revenue

      I have one of those problematic websites with:

      - EMD

      - Page #1, Position #1 in Google.com

      - CPC $4.27

      - Global 2400/Monthly (us) 1900



      Receiving 120+ visitors (unique) per day but still not clicks. This is what makes me confuse, because on the contrary one of my site, again #1 on google is making $2 to $4 daily.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greenfatman
    CTR theme sucks! change theme...Did you already checked if the ads are relevant to your keyword/niche?, is there a lot advertisers on the topic you chose???
    Sometimes you can find a keyword with a lot advertisers and then the following month can drop.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
      Originally Posted by Greenfatman View Post

      CTR theme sucks! change theme...Did you already checked if the ads are relevant to your keyword/niche?, is there a lot advertisers on the topic you chose???
      Sometimes you can find a keyword with a lot advertisers and then the following month can drop.
      Thanks for your comments.

      I see relevant keywords and the site is receiving 120+ visitors daily. I mean, one day without clicks is ok, two days without clicks is ok, but every day without click / revenue on CTR theme is unrealizable for me, especially when other similar sites are making few bucks a day.

      Can you recommend an alternate theme to CTR, I just want to try that one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414097].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kmachine
        Originally Posted by markwilson4074 View Post

        Thanks for your comments.

        I see relevant keywords and the site is receiving 120+ visitors daily. I mean, one day without clicks is ok, two days without clicks is ok, but every day without click / revenue on CTR theme is unrealizable for me, especially when other similar sites are making few bucks a day.

        Can you recommend an alternate theme to CTR, I just want to try that one.
        Is true the conversions with CTR Theme are really low, there are a couple of free themes that convert better.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hammertorch
    It does not matter whether your multiple sites are hosted in one shared hosting server. As long as you are not linking your site to each other then it's good to go no need to worry, and by the way getting zero clicks is not surprisingly common with 120 visitors a day, there are even times you dont have any clicks even if you have like 200 visitors.
    Signature
    Live a laptop life style by working home base
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maraun
    Maybe the ads your page is showing are not that high paying or relevant to your content right now? The advertiser market is changing constantly. One month a keyword has a CPC of $3, the next month only $0.5. That's of course a huge jump and should seldomly happen in competitive markets but something like this might be at play here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5413946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ramdom123
    I agree ctr theme sucks it totally looks like a MFA site. You can use any other good theme just make sure you have good ad placemen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414297].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMnwxlh2
      I have a wedding site that I started in Feb 2011. I was making about $1/day with my original theme. I changed to the CTR Theme in November, hoping that I would increase the ctr. Worst, the clicks dropped drastically (people not clicking anymore). Last week I went back to the original theme and the clicks are coming. No change to the number of visits (100-150 per day). I use statcounter to track the exits and I now see exits to my adsense ads.

      Also, the homepage was on the 1st page/5th position. When I changed to the CTR theme, the homepage dropped to the 2nd page (12th position). Not sure if this was related to the CTR theme.

      Norman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5433579].message }}

Trending Topics