Same blog different sites

12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Can we copy paste same blog on different web 2.0 blog sites? Will it be deleted or if google will not count the link?
#blog #sites
  • Profile picture of the author coolspot
    it will get picked up as duplicate content at some point and you risk losing traffic to you site/s. pages may even get delisted and all sorts. best to keep your content unique to each site if possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458269].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      I guess you people have never heard of going viral...

      Plenty people republish some of the blogs they have seen...
      even here in threads.

      If there was any mythical duplicate content penalty, then
      all we'd have to do is just find a blog, copy it and
      BOOM! Instant takedown of our competition!

      Don't you think this is the way article sites work? They
      want you to republish...

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458335].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        I guess you people have never heard of going viral...

        Plenty people republish some of the blogs they have seen...
        even here in threads.

        If there was any mythical duplicate content penalty, then
        all we'd have to do is just find a blog, copy it and
        BOOM! Instant takedown of our competition!

        Don't you think this is the way article sites work? They
        want you to republish...

        Paul

        Not to mention that every news site that syndicates articles from the Associated Press would be screwed...
        Signature
        Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
        Delivered to you each week!

        >>> Sign Up Now <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458374].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sharyn Sheldon
        Duplicate content is content that appears on more than one page on the SAME site. That's what Google doesn't like.

        However, there are some web 2.0 sites that don't want you to have the same content as another site. I had a Wordpress.com site shut down because it had the same posts as on a Blogger site. Same thing with Squidoo (or Hubpages, can't remember).

        On the flip side, syndicated news articles are the same idea and there's nothing wrong with them.

        Can't hurt to try. However, I never copy my main money site's content to anywhere else. Some people do. I just prefer not to.
        Signature

        - Sharyn Sheldon

        [BRAND NEW PLR] Shoestring Budget Startup - Ready-to-Go, Customizable Course and Complete Sales Funnel

        FREE Content Planning Template Finally...an easy way to make sure your content is working for you

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Baker
    I prefer not to copy others content because I know Google HATES it.. Why not outsource an article writer?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by Matt Baker View Post

      I prefer not to copy others content because I know Google HATES it.. Why not outsource an article writer?
      Does that mean they hate wikipedia, amazon, gasbuddy, NYT, CNN,
      Foxnews, ezinearticles, etc...not to mention every single song
      lyric site on the planet...as well as their own news sites that they
      tell you to republish on your own site?

      This duplicate content nonsense became a problem for the
      panic stricken way back when, and has been hard to shake.

      Every single sentence spewed by google, has been skewered,
      broasted, baked, barbecued, until the original statement has
      just been lost.

      Just like the crazed people becoming zombies over the
      new ad placement algo...forgetting to actually read the
      details and the context of the whole idea....along with
      losing the facts, of course.

      Why muddle up good myths and stories with facts,
      logic, and context?

      Here's a tip. Don't use those post to facebook buttons again....
      Just think. A whole sub-zero sneak attack has been going on
      as they came up with a perfect way for people to penalize
      themselves...and not even know it...just one example of
      the conspiracy...albeit a little lame....but hope some get the
      picture.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458661].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dminorfmajor
        I love Paul. He may come off as pompous but only cold, hard truth spews from his mouth. lol

        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        Does that mean they hate wikipedia, amazon, gasbuddy, NYT, CNN,
        Foxnews, ezinearticles, etc...not to mention every single song
        lyric site on the planet...as well as their own news sites that they
        tell you to republish on your own site?

        This duplicate content nonsense became a problem for the
        panic stricken way back when, and has been hard to shake.

        Every single sentence spewed by google, has been skewered,
        broasted, baked, barbecued, until the original statement has
        just been lost.

        Just like the crazed people becoming zombies over the
        new ad placement algo...forgetting to actually read the
        details and the context of the whole idea....along with
        losing the facts, of course.

        Why muddle up good myths and stories with facts,
        logic, and context?

        Here's a tip. Don't use those post to facebook buttons again....
        Just think. A whole sub-zero sneak attack has been going on
        as they came up with a perfect way for people to penalize
        themselves...and not even know it...just one example of
        the conspiracy...albeit a little lame....but hope some get the
        picture.

        Paul
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458835].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author opportunist86
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        Does that mean they hate wikipedia, amazon, gasbuddy, NYT, CNN,
        Foxnews, ezinearticles, etc...not to mention every single song
        lyric site on the planet...as well as their own news sites that they
        tell you to republish on your own site?

        This duplicate content nonsense became a problem for the
        panic stricken way back when, and has been hard to shake.

        Every single sentence spewed by google, has been skewered,
        broasted, baked, barbecued, until the original statement has
        just been lost.

        Just like the crazed people becoming zombies over the
        new ad placement algo...forgetting to actually read the
        details and the context of the whole idea....along with
        losing the facts, of course.

        Why muddle up good myths and stories with facts,
        logic, and context?

        Here's a tip. Don't use those post to facebook buttons again....
        Just think. A whole sub-zero sneak attack has been going on
        as they came up with a perfect way for people to penalize
        themselves...and not even know it...just one example of
        the conspiracy...albeit a little lame....but hope some get the
        picture.

        Paul
        But if ezine articles republishes your content, they must be making some some changes like spinning.
        If you still are sure that adding same blogs doesn't matter, you've helped me solving a big problem.
        Thnaks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5461346].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by opportunist86 View Post

          But if ezine articles republishes your content, they must be making some some changes like spinning.
          If you still are sure that adding same blogs doesn't matter, you've helped me solving a big problem.
          Thnaks.
          Anything republished from Ezine is supposed to be used as is, no changes are allowed.
          Signature
          Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
          Delivered to you each week!

          >>> Sign Up Now <<<
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5467625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hossain
    Ok lets do an experiment. We all know google loves warriorforum and google usually index every thread of this forum within few hours. Now

    1- copy an article from a google indexed link
    2- start a new thread and post in inside of the thread.
    3- after few hours See what happen?
    4- see what happen after some days, weeks and even months.
    Signature

    --- Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you! Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you --- '(◣_◢)'

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anna Howard
    Google wont be delete any sch content, it will just lower the rank and authority of the page where you are going to post such content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5459067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danlew
    I think it will be treated as duplicate content. It's better that you should rewrite or spin the articles first before publishing them to other blogs or Web 2.0 properties.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5461386].message }}

Trending Topics