1) How many web 2.0/article sites should you have as your 1st tier of links? Difficult to answer I know, but a rough figure would be useful
2) Should your articles to these sites not be spun?
I've read today on this forum that you won't be penalized by Google because it will be syndicated content, not duplicate content. However, if this is true, what would happen if you posted the same article to hundreds of sites???
3) For your 2nd tier of links, if you use another web 2.0 property, should it be a spun version of the article you are linking to, or should it be something completely different?
4) Do social bookmarks help your ranking in the SERP's, or are they only useful for traffic? I treat these as tier 2 links and have been using the free versions of Socialmonkee and SocialADR for a while but without any noticeable improvement
5) Is it best to to treat the majority of your blog comments and forum profiles as tier 2 links? Obviously, I understand the importance of diversifying your links so it is a good idea to have some of the higher quality ones point to your money site, but is it more effective to strengthen your tier 1 links with some of these types of links
Any comments would be most welcome..