Totally confused on backlinking. Please help!

by mc9320
10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Having some trouble understanding how to come up with a successful linking strategy and would appreciate some words of wisdom on the following points..

1) How many web 2.0/article sites should you have as your 1st tier of links? Difficult to answer I know, but a rough figure would be useful

2) Should your articles to these sites not be spun?
I've read today on this forum that you won't be penalized by Google because it will be syndicated content, not duplicate content. However, if this is true, what would happen if you posted the same article to hundreds of sites???

3) For your 2nd tier of links, if you use another web 2.0 property, should it be a spun version of the article you are linking to, or should it be something completely different?

4) Do social bookmarks help your ranking in the SERP's, or are they only useful for traffic? I treat these as tier 2 links and have been using the free versions of Socialmonkee and SocialADR for a while but without any noticeable improvement

5) Is it best to to treat the majority of your blog comments and forum profiles as tier 2 links? Obviously, I understand the importance of diversifying your links so it is a good idea to have some of the higher quality ones point to your money site, but is it more effective to strengthen your tier 1 links with some of these types of links

Any comments would be most welcome..
#backlinking #confused #totally
  • Profile picture of the author mustafizrana
    There is no absolute method to be followed. Use the one you like most.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557682].message }}
  • I think you are over thinking it a bit. Just get some backlinks to your site and don't worry too much about link structure etc. Ideally ones from good quality web pages. These will count for more than spammy ones.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author highstake
      Hi mc9320,
      Actually , no need to count that how many backlinks you need because it isn't beneficial at all. The only thing i follow is to create backlinks randomly. Spread your articles on High Quality Directories and create backlinks on blogs and forums related to your niche.
      Useful Tip
      Search Google using Time-Line Feature, Search your keyword in last 24 hours and if you find a good article supporting comments , skim the article and write a useful comment with your backlink.

      Cheers
      Signature
      "If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right" - Henry Ford[B]
      Quran Online | MP3 Naat
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5558031].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tobi1kanoby
        Originally Posted by highstake View Post

        Hi mc9320,

        Useful Tip
        Search Google using Time-Line Feature, Search your keyword in last 24 hours and if you find a good article supporting comments , skim the article and write a useful comment with your backlink.

        Cheers
        As far as I know Google Time Line is History.
        Isn't it?
        Signature
        Free Backlink Finder Tool Find unlimited backlink opportunities
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5558364].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author highstake
          Originally Posted by tobi1kanoby View Post

          As far as I know Google Time Line is History.
          Isn't it?
          Its still available , In the The left menu of Google , There is a link which says "More Search Tools" , Click on it and go further as you need.
          Signature
          "If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right" - Henry Ford[B]
          Quran Online | MP3 Naat
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5558410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Heronimus
    Hello mc9320.

    On fiverr.com people ask 5 dollars to run you a full SenukeX campaign with 450 - 700 backlinks and run them through Linklicious to get them indexed quickly!

    They just need your site, up to 3 keywords and we do the rest.

    And its all done within 4 days now.
    At the end you will get a list of all the sites that made links to you main webside.
    I cant posts links yet P.M. me if you want the link of the person i do business with.

    I hope this helps.

    Greetz..
    Heronimus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5558833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adarme
      There are no hard and fast rules, if your website is new, do not add a lot of links at the same time. Try and drip feed them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5558942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kangtj
    No exact method about how much you should get backlinks, just don't do it excessively.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5559001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avy Smith
    Originally Posted by mc9320 View Post

    1) How many web 2.0/article sites should you have as your 1st tier of links? Difficult to answer I know, but a rough figure would be useful
    Squidoo, Weebly, Tumblr and Hub Pages. All these four have fine positioning so following them serves a great deal.
    Originally Posted by mc9320 View Post

    2) Should your articles to these sites not be spun?
    I've read today on this forum that you won't be penalized by Google because it will be syndicated content, not duplicate content. However, if this is true, what would happen if you posted the same article to hundreds of sites???
    I tried spun to EZA, AB and SA the content backfired. However, Article Rich and several others accept them. The reason was clear the spinner was not good enough the articles became senseless.

    Submitting same article to various article directories is fine but you have to submit articles to EZA and Bukisa first.
    Originally Posted by mc9320 View Post

    3) For your 2nd tier of links, if you use another web 2.0 property, should it be a spun version of the article you are linking to, or should it be something completely different?
    It depends upon your skills. However, squidoo traffic might be lost if you gonna publish spun in there.

    Originally Posted by mc9320 View Post

    4) Do social bookmarks help your ranking in the SERP's, or are they only useful for traffic? I treat these as tier 2 links and have been using the free versions of Socialmonkee and SocialADR for a while but without any noticeable improvement
    Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit and Slashdot can be useful in some way for SERPs.

    Originally Posted by mc9320 View Post

    5) Is it best to to treat the majority of your blog comments and forum profiles as tier 2 links? Obviously, I understand the importance of diversifying your links so it is a good idea to have some of the higher quality ones point to your money site, but is it more effective to strengthen your tier 1 links with some of these types of links

    Any comments would be most welcome..
    If you are talking about putting up affiliate links that is not quite helpful because posting them to the relevant social networking sites and groups helps a great deal. That way the products will be helpful for the ones that need them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5599901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jackdcosta56
      Well if you plan out to follow a strategy for creating backlinks I'd rather advice you not to because Google can sense the trap of links very easily and if in any case it gets to know that you are using a wheel or some other strategy it could put your site into the sand box.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5624654].message }}

Trending Topics