Were should I submit my articles

by ayetti
44 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have been writing articles and submitting them to sooper articles, should I be submitting them somewhere else? I promote them all I can there but it seems like they don't really do very well.
#articles #submit
  • Profile picture of the author Tiffiney Cowan
    If you're talking about articles with original content you could try Ezine http://ezinearticles.com/.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5575969].message }}
  • I am posting my articles in ezine after getting approved doing social bookmarking to that url it works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5575987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DevilNup
    There are many online article directories where you can submit your article. Below is the list of some most popular article directories

    Goarticles
    pubarticle
    articledeck
    ideamarketer
    ezinearticle
    article.xxl
    abrticlebin

    Make sure that your content is unique and original. duplicate contents are considers as spamming and you will be banned from that article directory if they find you doing so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5575998].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
    Depends if your looking for backlinks or traffic. If you want backlinks, then you should look into AMR (article marketing robot). If you want traffic, then you should submit the original articles on your site, and then backlink them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576003].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ayetti
      Originally Posted by co2 View Post

      Depends if your looking for backlinks or traffic. If you want backlinks, then you should look into AMR (article marketing robot). If you want traffic, then you should submit the original articles on your site, and then backlink them.
      I am just doing it for backlinks, my only goal is to promote my carpet cleaning website. I have no intentions of going any further with this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ayetti
      Originally Posted by co2 View Post

      Depends if your looking for backlinks or traffic. If you want backlinks, then you should look into AMR (article marketing robot). If you want traffic, then you should submit the original articles on your site, and then backlink them.
      I am tempted to try AMR, would that be a mistake for a small site with few backlinks to start with?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I will never understand why people post unique articles on sites they can't directly monetize.

    Seriously, I just don't get it.

    Your putting a lot of money in some other guys pockets, like EZA, instead of adding that unique article to your own sites & monetizing.

    I remember reading on this forum a few months back, some guy said he had +1,000 articles on EZA! Good grief, that's an entire article directory worth of content, that they could put on their own $10 domain, & get paid for it.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ayetti
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I will never understand why people post unique articles on sites they can't directly monetize.

      Seriously, I just don't get it.

      Your putting a lot of money in some other guys pockets, like EZA, instead of adding that unique article to your own sites & monetizing.

      I remember reading on this forum a few months back, some guy said he had +1,000 articles on EZA! Good grief, that's an entire article directory worth of content, that they could put on their own $10 domain, & get paid for it.
      I am doing it just to get backlinks for my own site. I am purely involved in SEO just to get my carpet cleaning
      website to rank well, I monetize it by getting work through the site. I do write original content i am not sure how great it is but I do it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576088].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ayetti View Post

        I am doing it just to get backlinks for my own site. I am purely involved in SEO just to get my carpet cleaning
        website to rank well, I monetize it by getting work through the site. I do write original content i am not sure how great it is but I do it.
        You should seriously look into BMR (Build My Rank) for backlinks, instead of creating free content for EZA.

        You could split a 600 word EZA article into 4 seperate 150 short articles & get 4 BMR backlinks from the exact same article you would have posted on EZA.

        Your EZA will be a PR0 backlink at best. The BMR link will at least start out on a PR1-PR5 page, then eventually roll off the BMR blogs Index page. Still, BMR is a better option than EZA, IMO.

        Again, instead of a single PR0 (EZA) backlink, you could have 4 PR1-5 backlinks (BMR) from the exact same amount of work that you put into a unique article.

        If you don't want to go with BMR, I would at least start a new article directory of your own, assumes you'll be posting a lot of articles.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5579532].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ayetti
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          You should seriously look into BMR (Build My Rank) for backlinks, instead of creating free content for EZA.

          You could split a 600 word EZA article into 4 seperate 150 short articles & get 4 BMR backlinks from the exact same article you would have posted on EZA.

          Your EZA will be a PR0 backlink at best. The BMR link will at least start out on a PR1-PR5 page, then eventually roll off the BMR blogs Index page. Still, BMR is a better option than EZA, IMO.

          Again, instead of a single PR0 (EZA) backlink, you could have 4 PR1-5 backlinks (BMR) from the exact same amount of work that you put into a unique article.

          If you don't want to go with BMR, I would at least start a new article directory of your own, assumes you'll be posting a lot of articles.
          I like the sound of pr1 or more. I am KILLING myself finding pr3 blogs to comment on. I feel like I am just skulking in the shadows at this point, when I spot a blog with comments that follow i about trip over myself to get one on. That is why I wanted to start writing articles but it seems like they they always end up being pr- so not sure how helpful it will be.

          I am thinking about BMR, what are the steps involved in starting an article directory?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5579680].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ayetti
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          You should seriously look into BMR (Build My Rank) for backlinks, instead of creating free content for EZA.

          You could split a 600 word EZA article into 4 seperate 150 short articles & get 4 BMR backlinks from the exact same article you would have posted on EZA.

          Your EZA will be a PR0 backlink at best. The BMR link will at least start out on a PR1-PR5 page, then eventually roll off the BMR blogs Index page. Still, BMR is a better option than EZA, IMO.

          Again, instead of a single PR0 (EZA) backlink, you could have 4 PR1-5 backlinks (BMR) from the exact same amount of work that you put into a unique article.

          If you don't want to go with BMR, I would at least start a new article directory of your own, assumes you'll be posting a lot of articles.
          found this on article directories Article Directories: How To Start Your Own Article Directory does that look like decent information on starting a directory to you?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5579763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author karismasand
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I will never understand why people post unique articles on sites they can't directly monetize.

      Seriously, I just don't get it.

      Your putting a lot of money in some other guys pockets, like EZA, instead of adding that unique article to your own sites & monetizing.

      I remember reading on this forum a few months back, some guy said he had +1,000 articles on EZA! Good grief, that's an entire article directory worth of content, that they could put on their own $10 domain, & get paid for it.
      You are right yukon. At the moment work hard to finish update to my article directory where author can publish articles and they will be able to create ads unit to promote their own product and services into articles.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jon Potts
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I will never understand why people post unique articles on sites they can't directly monetize.

      Seriously, I just don't get it.

      Your putting a lot of money in some other guys pockets, like EZA, instead of adding that unique article to your own sites & monetizing.

      I remember reading on this forum a few months back, some guy said he had +1,000 articles on EZA! Good grief, that's an entire article directory worth of content, that they could put on their own $10 domain, & get paid for it.
      Its not like you are putting your best articles on these sites but having at least one unique article on HubPages and Squidoo could actually be good for ranking. You can create a contextual backlink from a page that could gain pagerank eventually and even without the PR it still helps you rank well.

      Also, I am pretty sure you can submit to EZA after your article has been indexed on your own blog and it should get approved. Just extra backlinks for not much work and they have some SEO benefit.

      Although I think I get your point, don't go publishing on someone's site when you could be posting on your very own but you sure could rank faster for easier to rank keywords by doing a little publishing in other places.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580315].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FrankRumbauskas
        Originally Posted by Jon Potts View Post

        Also, I am pretty sure you can submit to EZA after your article has been indexed on your own blog and it should get approved. Just extra backlinks for not much work and they have some SEO benefit.
        If you do that, at least spin it or do a quick rewrite so it's not identical content.
        Signature

        New York Times Best-Selling Author
        Certified Google Partner Company
        Fast Company's Top 30 Most Influential People Online

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jashandeepmax
    There are a number of sites which are good to post an article.I prefer articlesengine,articlerich and ezine as well.
    Signature

    I like to Participate in Communities ........

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danlew
    You should submit your original and unique articles to Ezine. It's the best source to submit high quality articles for you to gain more exposure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ayetti
      Originally Posted by danlew View Post

      You should submit your original and unique articles to Ezine. It's the best source to submit high quality articles for you to gain more exposure.
      How good does the quality need to be? These are by no means great, but they are not generated by a bot and they make sense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576158].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Q
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ayetti View Post

        How good does the quality need to be? These are by no means great, but they are not generated by a bot and they make sense.
        I think what Dan really means that the quality should be high (as in HIGH). It's really better that you should write it on your own than relying on bots who are producing crap articles for you.

        And for the submissions? If you want to submit your articles for even higher exposure, you should go for the best paid link building services like UAW, BMR, etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576521].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
          Originally Posted by lamposproject View Post

          I think what Dan really means that the quality should be high (as in HIGH). It's really better that you should write it on your own than relying on bots who are producing crap articles for you.

          And for the submissions? If you want to submit your articles for even higher exposure, you should go for the best paid link building services like UAW, BMR, etc.
          I agree that articles on your own site should be high quality. But if you want to create backilnks via blog networks like UAW, then you really cannot afford to distribute super high quality articles. It would cost you far too much money.

          I ALWAYS use high quality content for my OWN SITES. But I then use low-mid quality content on blog networks, article directories, etc.

          The rational behind this is that you want to protect and build up your own assets as much as possible. Hence posting the best stuff on your own site. And then you want link authority from external websites. You don't need high quality content to have powerful backlinks from blog networks. Extremely low quality content is always a bad idea. But there's nothing wrong with using mediocre quality content to create backlinks and drive traffic.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576545].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ayetti
            Originally Posted by co2 View Post

            I agree that articles on your own site should be high quality. But if you want to create backilnks via blog networks like UAW, then you really cannot afford to distribute super high quality articles. It would cost you far too much money.

            I ALWAYS use high quality content for my OWN SITES. But I then use low-mid quality content on blog networks, article directories, etc.

            The rational behind this is that you want to protect and build up your own assets as much as possible. Hence posting the best stuff on your own site. And then you want link authority from external websites. You don't need high quality content to have powerful backlinks from blog networks. Extremely low quality content is always a bad idea. But there's nothing wrong with using mediocre quality content to create backlinks and drive traffic.
            Is there a way I could put articles on my own site without the end user seeing them? i am just not into the spammy local service site thing. I have seen people do it before and it just doesn't look good.

            I would love to get content onto my site but I don't think I write good enough content to get a blog of my own going, and it has no place on my service site.

            So far what I am going to do is write as many articles as I can and then just put them on blast by linking to everything social media site I am signed up for and hope they get indexed.

            I am open to any suggestions though, i am obviously a total noob.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576618].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Chris Q
              Banned
              Originally Posted by ayetti View Post

              Is there a way I could put articles on my own site without the end user seeing them? i am just not into the spammy local service site thing. I have seen people do it before and it just doesn't look good.

              I would love to get content onto my site but I don't think I write good enough content to get a blog of my own going, and it has no place on my service site.

              So far what I am going to do is write as many articles as I can and then just put them on blast by linking to everything social media site I am signed up for and hope they get indexed.

              I am open to any suggestions though, i am obviously a total noob.
              Are you using a software to blast them into social media sites? I don't think blasting your articles is a good idea, Google might flag and penalize you for that. I suggest that you should build links slowly but steadily to social media sites and other useful resources.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576643].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
                Originally Posted by lamposproject View Post

                Are you using a software to blast them into social media sites? I don't think blasting your articles is a good idea, Google might flag and penalize you for that. I suggest that you should build links slowly but steadily to social media sites and other useful resources.
                That is definitely the typical advice given around here. And there's nothing wrong with using a more conservative approach.

                If you do opt to go for the mass link spam route, then you need to build backlinks in tiers. I would never build spammy backlinks directly to my money site. But I blast thousands of backlinks everyday that in some way influence the authority of my money sites. Blasting backlinks works if done strategically. It can be a catastrophe if you don't know what you're doing though.

                well... catastrophe may be a little harsh of a word. Google tends to dish out timed penalties. And even Matt Cutts has admitted that most backlink penalties are lifted over a period of time. Still though, it's best to avoid any google flags altogether.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576670].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
              Originally Posted by ayetti View Post

              Is there a way I could put articles on my own site without the end user seeing them? i am just not into the spammy local service site thing. I have seen people do it before and it just doesn't look good.

              I would love to get content onto my site but I don't think I write good enough content to get a blog of my own going, and it has no place on my service site.

              So far what I am going to do is write as many articles as I can and then just put them on blast by linking to everything social media site I am signed up for and hope they get indexed.

              I am open to any suggestions though, i am obviously a total noob.
              You are going to drive yourself crazy if you write a bunch of articles for a relatively small amount of backlinks. If you want to get a massive amount of links, then you should invest in AMR, blog networks, etc, and use manually spun articles. If you spin an article properly, you can have hundreds of unique variations that are search engine friendly. Distribute those on the blog networks, and you won't need to write hundreds of articles yourself.

              The best investment you can do is create value on your own site. If you're not comfortable writing good quality content yourself, then maybe it's something that you should outsource to a good writer.

              Everything either costs time or money. Writing hundreds of articles to post on other sites is an ineffective use of your time. There are WAY more efficient ways to go about it. Use your time on stuff that you're good at and outsource the rest.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bermuda
    Writing articles and submitting them to directories was once considered as one solution to build good links for websites and at the same time improve their traffic shares but today, instead of spending a lot of time to prepare original contents and then posting them on other directories and helping their admins make money, why not publishing the same good stuff on your own site. Then you can build links for those inner pages and experience boost in web traffic too.

    Even the links gained from article submission today can be very weak from SEO aspects and most indexed pages will be gone after a while, especially on Google because they are more or less copied materials and duplicate contents. Of course from traffic-building aspect, writing a few articles ad posting them on highly visited directories might still seem logical, especially when launching a new site and looking for fast ways of building temporary traffic streams.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576702].message }}
  • Good explanation as it is crystal clear to all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5577334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Braylen
    You can submit your article in top article directory like ezinearticle, hubpage, squidoo and more. Once your articles are approved you can do bookmarking of your articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5577498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Laganda
    If you are a good writer, you can try submit your articles to ezine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ayetti
      Originally Posted by Laganda View Post

      If you are a good writer, you can try submit your articles to ezine.
      Submitted one to Ezine to see how it goes, not holding my breath though. It is written well enough, it just doesn't really have a lot to say. Floor care is about the most boring thing to write about that you could imagine. If I can start getting results though i will do it with pleasure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FrankRumbauskas
    I haven't read all the comments but here's my .02:

    If you just want high quality traffic - which is what you SHOULD want - then you should be guest blogging on relevant high-traffic blogs. Not random blogs where you can buy a guest post for $5 but RELEVANT.

    Also the SEO benefit from doing this is FAR greater than article marketing.
    Signature

    New York Times Best-Selling Author
    Certified Google Partner Company
    Fast Company's Top 30 Most Influential People Online

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KirkB
    Hi ayetti,

    I'm pretty new to this SEO stuff as well, but I would suggest doing a combination of submitting your articles to article directories and posting other articles on your site. I found this great list of directories if you are interested: seoabc.in/resources/article-submission-websites-list

    I post a few articles at different directories, about 3-4 per month, and the same amount on my website.

    In order to not irate your end user, why not just put a link for 'Articles' at the top of your page. They don't have to click on it if they don't really want to. And if they are on your site, they can work as pretty good landing pages as well to draw your customers in.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Buxpert
    squidoo.com is very google friendly
    Signature
    SEO PACKAGES & SOCIAL FANS @ http://hqseotools.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sumdor
    Look for sites that are a bit flexible on accommodating links
    Signature

    1. This is How I Make $$$ per month
    ------------------------------------------
    2. Is this why women are look better these days?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5581096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prcys
    Banned
    Originally Posted by ayetti View Post

    I have been writing articles and submitting them to sooper articles, should I be submitting them somewhere else? I promote them all I can there but it seems like they don't really do very well.
    As there are many free article directories on which you can make submission for your article and can get results through it. But for getting better results you article need to contain quality and meaningful content and then only people will attract to it and click on the link. And also promote your articles on social media to get more results of it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5585102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author katiemei
    I've found Ezinearticles one of the best article directory at present. Just be sure to submit quality and unique articles.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5587013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ayetti
      Originally Posted by katiemei View Post

      I've found Ezinearticles one of the best article directory at present. Just be sure to submit quality and unique articles.
      I have one pending with them, i have been throwing articles at sooper and then giving the best I can do to Ezine
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5587465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wilhouse
    i wouldn't put to much into submitting articles elsewhere. maybe 1 out of every 10 you should post out there just to help get the word out of some of your work but dont go crazy with it. Give it time and let those articles get indexed on their own from your own site.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5588055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avy Smith
    Originally Posted by ayetti View Post

    I have been writing articles and submitting them to sooper articles, should I be submitting them somewhere else? I promote them all I can there but it seems like they don't really do very well.
    I have been also submitting to articles to Sooper Articles and it's been almost half and an year now. The reasons why am I doing that are below:

    1- Approval- Their approval problem is far fluent and quick than any other article directory except AB and EZA. (It does not take more than 24 hours whereas EZA and AB take more than that.)

    2- Google Indexing: Google has been indexing them quickly. When I receive article approval email I just flip to Google and see my article indexed.

    3- Traffic: The source I had been writing for had enough results previously so I started my own blog and that is also getting good results. No issues here too.

    4- Social Circle: When I bookmarked my two articles a month ago at Digg they were already bookmarked. I asked the Sooper Articles admin if they had done that. The reply was" Your articles were properly written with good sense of writing so we bookmarked them at Digg, SU, Fark, Reddit, Delicious and many others. Now they added more social bookmarking sites so I am quite satisfied with them.

    5- There is no real premium membership required so no issues too.

    6- Social Bookmarking (again): I socialize my articles from their simpleton interface.

    7- The PR of SA is also not bad and most of the articles are published on that so an other good reason.

    I am wondering what you are expecting them to do?
    However, for traffic the content that you submit needs to be interesting and contains gist of writing skills.

    I think you should also write to their admin for any issues.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5600031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexcalder
    Thank you so much for that Avy. Have just started submitting articles on SA, hope to see good results as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5611537].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Avy Smith
      Originally Posted by alexcalder View Post

      Thank you so much for that Avy. Have just started submitting articles on SA, hope to see good results as well.
      If you work and can write good content you can succeed anywhere.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5612556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketwarrior06
    Banned
    why don't you use article marketer dot com? its a cool site and by investing a little you can get thousands of back links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5611877].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seanpearse
      Originally Posted by marketwarrior06 View Post

      why don't you use article marketer dot com? its a cool site and by investing a little you can get thousands of back links.
      heard someone else talking about those guys, I'll check them out. cheers.

      yeah Avy sooper articles is pretty cool eh!
      Signature

      What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left!

      Local SEO Ireland

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5612209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jospeh31
    Ezinearticles is the best so far, also Squidoo is very helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5612336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blake.quintero
    hubpages is good. But they have some conditions for your links to have the nofollow attribute removed. Your author score should be 75 or above which means you will need to keep publishing hubs and comment on other hubs, answer questions. But it is well worth the effort. A dofollow link from hubpages is gold.
    Signature

    YT is TV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5612721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author planetlubs
    There are many places you can submit your articles to. So will say write for blogs. But I assume you are just starting and maybe you want to try out bum marketing.

    In that case, it is best to focus your attention on the best directories. Best in this is in terms of page rank and visitors received.

    Here is the list that I have been able to come up with and I know it will help you.
    PR7 – Best Article Directories

    1. Suite101 – This is the big kahuna of article directories based on its PR ranking, time on the web, and the fact that you get paid ad revenues for your work.
    PR6 – Best Article Directories

    1. EzineArticles – If you’re just starting out in article marketing, this is the one to start with. It is a real community. Great support and development.
    2. ArticleBase -This is another article directory biggie. Continued development on this site as well.
    3. Isnare – iSnare is a strong article directory and submission service.
    4. SelfGrowth -Sign up as an expert on this site and you can submit articles to this directory. Lot’s of networking on this site.
    5. Buzzle -Another strong article directory with simple site design.
    6. American Chronicle -This is a network of article sites whose results often appear in Google News results.
    PR5 – Best Article Directories
    1. SearchWarp -This directory promotes authors in a nice way. Your picture and latest article is featured on the home page.
    2. ArticleCity -Standard article directory. They’ve also added a video article section as well.
    3. IdeaMarketers -This is a popular article directory with writers because the site founder offers so many ways for writers to promote their content.
    4. Article Alley -Another solid, standard article directory.[/LIST]PR4 – Best Article Directories

    1. GoArticles -Being the largest free article directory on the web is its claim to fame, although bigger is not necessarily better.
    PR3 – Best Article Directories

    1. Amazines – This is another solid article directory, worth submitting your articles to.
    >>>>I also use Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

    I hope this list helps you
    Signature
    1.==> {UNIQUE} $100/Day FACEBOOK PROFITS FORMULA 4 ANYONE.

    2.==>
    21 PROFITABLE NICHES - FREE! "GET These 21 Proven profitable Niches, Plus 21 Affiliate Niche Discovery Resources This Guy Uses To Earn $4,598/Week!" Download Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5614273].message }}

Trending Topics