Ranking Drop after Onsite SEO, Some Questions..

by IMGem
18 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

I have a website with different pages ranking for different keywords, i am using All In One SEO. This is a company website in Italian, different pages represent different services. Competetion is low, so on-site SEO should be sufficient.

After optimising the pages, i am noticing a drop in ranking instead.
Got couple of questions.

1. Should i configure "All IN ONE SEO" in main configuration page or just configure it on Pages only to avoid the conflict.

2. Some pages have older Cache date on google than the main page, i always re-submit xml sitemap after a update. Should i also ping all the pages separately?

3. Main page contains a brief introduction to all services, so is optimised for all the keywords. Is it healthy or creates the conflict with the pages?

Thx, IMGem
#drop #onsite #questions #ranking #seo
  • Profile picture of the author MikeWike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816232].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMGem
      Originally Posted by MikeWike View Post

      1. Doesn't matter really. I prefer to use it configure at Pages only

      2. If you want google to pick up your cache faster then re-submit sitemap and ping the domain (not pages). But don't over do it.

      I'm just saying that On-Page SEO is great, but the main thing is not to over do it. Google my consider it as keyword stuffling and you might get penalized. Everything should look natural. If I were you I would consider making more backlinks than On-site SEO.
      Thanks Mike,

      Agreed on on all points. As for 2nd point, i did the same but it shows updated cache date for home page while other pages have old cache date. Which is very strange.

      Sure, i will be proceeding to Off-Site, but having no competetion wanted to better the rankings.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816340].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bob770
        Originally Posted by IMGem View Post


        As for 2nd point, i did the same but it shows updated cache date for home page while other pages have old cache date. Which is very strange.
        Every Page has its different cache date, its not similar to your homepage. So i don't think its a big issue.

        Your content for home page must be most important, with under keyword density. As concern with other pages, they do important as well with properly optimized On-page and content.

        At last Back Links plays the major role for Ranking in SERP. More quality back links towards your site means high ranking in SERP.
        _____________________

        Sierra Camping | Sierra Vacation Rentals
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855270].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IMGem
          Originally Posted by bob770 View Post

          Every Page has its different cache date, its not similar to your homepage. So i don't think its a big issue.

          Your content for home page must be most important, with under keyword density. As concern with other pages, they do important as well with properly optimized On-page and content.

          At last Back Links plays the major role for Ranking in SERP. More quality back links towards your site means high ranking in SERP.
          Thanks Everyone,

          As this is a company portal, there is content about 400 words about company services than every individual page has its own pages. For this sort of site (company portals), should it be on site optimised in same way as of blog ?

          As site has different service pages which we want to rank for different keywords. Should we do backlinks for every page separately?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author radivoj
    A lot of sites this days getting hit by manually review, the problem about that they can simply visit your site and notice that you promote affiliate offer and says, OK, this is just a thin affiliate site, let us penalize it, and simply take down your site for what ever reason is those sites they rarely ever get recover and come back again to the top position...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816272].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMGem
      Originally Posted by radivoj View Post

      A lot of sites this days getting hit by manually review, the problem about that they can simply visit your site and notice that you promote affiliate offer and says, OK, this is just a thin affiliate site, let us penalize it, and simply take down your site for what ever reason is those sites they rarely ever get recover and come back again to the top position...

      Thx Ravido,

      You are right, but our site does't have any Affiliate. Just installed "Easy SEO wp" to see how pages are optimised.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lukem
    The problem wth such plugins is that you can over optimise a site. What seems natural to you? A site with a H1, H2, H3 tag, keywords etc all optimised or a site written for readers with the occasional SEO mistake?

    I now go out of my way to only score 70 to 80% with such plugins, the result a more natural post and higher rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CloudWarrior
    Originally Posted by IMGem View Post

    Hi,

    I have a website with different pages ranking for different keywords, i am using All In One SEO. This is a company website in Italian, different pages represent different services. Competetion is low, so on-site SEO should be sufficient.

    After optimising the pages, i am noticing a drop in ranking instead.
    Got couple of questions.

    1. Should i configure "All IN ONE SEO" in main configuration page or just configure it on Pages only to avoid the conflict.

    2. Some pages have older Cache date on google than the main page, i always re-submit xml sitemap after a update. Should i also ping all the pages separately?

    3. Main page contains a brief introduction to all services, so is optimised for all the keywords. Is it healthy or creates the conflict with the pages?

    Thx, IMGem

    1. Since you're trying to rank different pages for different keywords, it is definitely better to mention separate keywords in the SEO plugin for each page.

    2. Submit the website to major search engines once every month. Pinging separate pages may help. But do not overdo it. Once a month is fine.

    3. No conflict with the pages can be made.

    Apart from On-Page optimization, backlinks and submission to search engines, social bookmarking sites, article directories, business directories are extremely important to get it ranked.

    Try to get the users to stay on the site longer so that the bounce rate on your site is lower, which inturn will also help your rankings for the keywords.

    Hope that helps
    Signature
    -----------------the no.1 seo service---------------
    coming soon
    watch this space
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMGem
      Originally Posted by CloudWarrior View Post

      1. Since you're trying to rank different pages for different keywords, it is definitely better to mention separate keywords in the SEO plugin for each page.

      2. Submit the website to major search engines once every month. Pinging separate pages may help. But do not overdo it. Once a month is fine.

      3. No conflict with the pages can be made.

      Apart from On-Page optimization, backlinks and submission to search engines, social bookmarking sites, article directories, business directories are extremely important to get it ranked.

      Try to get the users to stay on the site longer so that the bounce rate on your site is lower, which inturn will also help your rankings for the keywords.

      Hope that helps
      Thanks CloudWarrior,

      Elaborating on n.3 point, can two pages of the site compete for the same keyword? Or google does't like it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5817894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mangomedia
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMGem
      Originally Posted by mangomedia View Post

      yes,you have set crawler time frequency ,surely you will get good results
      Do you mean that i need to set manual crawler frequency from Google Webmaster tools? If yes, what is the good rate?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5817903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMGem
    Recently i purchased "WP Easy SEO" Plugin and optimised all the pages this friday, this morning many of my pages ranking is droped even further. One page which was ranking at 23rd position is not even in first 100 results. I went on to check Google Cache date, which is still of 2 weeks ago. Can ranking drop even without google crawl ??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarvyDery
    When the spiders come back to crawl your website, they will notice the change and with them you will gain your higher rankings back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855316].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMGem
      Originally Posted by MarvyDery View Post

      When the spiders come back to crawl your website, they will notice the change and with them you will gain your higher rankings back.
      I just checked in awstats/cpanel that googlebot accessed site yesterday, ranking is still down, should i wait little bit more to see results ?

      While google webmaster tool give cache date of a week ago, if cache date and googlebot access are two different things?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5856027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boosters
    Definitely wait 1 week and your ranking will boost... like i see on my keyword - Last position not in 100 but after doing on page seo with unique content my ranking now comes to #26.. only in 4 days... i never resubmit or ping that page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rosesmark
    Sometime its happen.I had faced same things when i am doing my website SEO but after couple of time my ranking came on default position..Be patience
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chips Fletcher
    You can download a trial version of IBP (Internet Business Promoter) for free from their website. That will give you a good start to seeing what has happened. The full version is great and helped us get to page 1
    Signature
    Dog Clothes UK
    Dog Coats UK

    Chips Fletcher from Pawpoint
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PriceMaster
    SEO is most definitely affected by on-site SEO. I have noticed my websites over in ranking everytime I change my template or move my content around.

    Give it sometime to stabilize and you should actually start seeing the benefits of On-Site SEO!
    Signature
    DoFollow Backlinking, SEO and Internet Marketing Forum - Discuss SEO, IM and everything else!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AnnaSEO
    I guess you have overstuffed your keywords.If you have done it right,don't worry your site will come back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5856077].message }}

Trending Topics