Best & Effective Private Blog Network

by whosin
22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
We all are using private blog networks like Build My Rank (BMR), LinkVana(LV), High PR Society & many others are there in the industry now. But after Google has updated its algorithm recently, many people are complaining that those private blog networks not much effective now as it were earlier.

I do agree with the above issue because Google must have tracked the blog network & must have decreasing the effectiveness of those back links. But it's also true that there's still link juice Google is giving to the links from those blog networks. So what do you think which private blog network is still much more effective than others.
#blog #effective #network #private
  • Profile picture of the author Greg Beddor
    We're not using those networks and have avoided them since day 1. Eventually I believe all of those networked links will be devalued by Google.
    Signature

    Internet Marketing, Google Adwords, Portland SEO Consultant, Custom Link Building & Search Engine Optimization.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5846632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeLawrence
    So, Greg, what do you use (do)?
    Signature

    "All the so-called 'secrets of success' will not work unless you do."

    --Join other "Nicheologists" at our blog: Click Here--

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5846909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RayW
    I don't think the actual links are devalued but the blogs/links have been deindexed because Google has been able to track them down. This isn't exactly surprising since blog networks leave a lot of footprints.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5847684].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whosin
      Originally Posted by RayW View Post

      I don't think the actual links are devalued but the blogs/links have been deindexed because Google has been able to track them down. This isn't exactly surprising since blog networks leave a lot of footprints.
      Hello Ray, it's still not clear regarding whether Google devalued or deindexed but sites using those blog networks are affected in Google SERP.

      And regarding footprint of private blog networks, they're much smarter now & trying not to leave any footprints, I think Google must have tried their services & tracked the blogs in the network. This is one of the main reason that High PR society has stopped accepting new customers right now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849038].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rodanglee
        Originally Posted by whosin View Post


        And regarding footprint of private blog networks, they're much smarter now & trying not to leave any footprints, I think Google must have tried their services & tracked the blogs in the network. This is one of the main reason that High PR society has stopped accepting new customers right now.
        Yeah, like not letting you know where the backlinks are placed and if they are indeed placed. They might NOT even place your backlinks or there might not be any BLOGS left to place your backlinks on! well, who knows?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849222].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cssitkt
        Unless you yourself control the Private Blog Network and can maintain quality there is just too much risk in my opinion.

        You never know when a Private Blog Network is going to get busted, lazy, reckless or careless. Most allow spun content which is just crazy.

        How many blog networks do you know of that:
        • post content on relevant niche blogs
        • mix OBL with other authority OBL
        • allow and have natural comments
        • hand write content
        • create variable length posts with mixed media - images, youtube etc.
        • interlink with other inner pages
        • vary the number of OBL per post

        etc etc
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849237].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rodanglee
          Originally Posted by cssitkt View Post

          Unless you yourself control the Private Blog Network and can maintain quality there is just too much risk in my opinion.

          You never know when a Private Blog Network is going to get busted, lazy, reckless or careless. Most allow spun content which is just crazy.

          How many blog networks do you know of that:
          • post content on relevant niche blogs
          • mix OBL with other authority OBL
          • allow and have natural comments
          • hand write content
          • create variable length posts with mixed media - images, youtube etc.
          • interlink with other inner pages
          • vary the number of OBL per post

          etc etc
          zero. that's too much work and you have to hire lots of employees to do that as well...
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rodanglee
    IT's back to the stone age of backlinking.. begging and buying links.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5847933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamBringIt
    My results haven't been all that great with blog networks. I'll keep at it for another 2-3 months, then cancel if I keep getting the same results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harry987
    Thanks for sharing the post with us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    I don't own a Blog network but I could imagine it would be a ton of work to set up/maintain, and not to mention the start up cost... Expensive stuff.

    James Scholes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
      Originally Posted by xxxJamesxxx View Post

      I don't own a Blog network but I could imagine it would be a ton of work to set up/maintain, and not to mention the start up cost... Expensive stuff.
      You can set one up with a $2000 budget. I don't normally sell links though - only use them to rank my own sites now and then sell the sites. You can have amazing results with just 10 good sites in a network.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by xxxJamesxxx View Post

      I don't own a Blog network but I could imagine it would be a ton of work to set up/maintain, and not to mention the start up cost... Expensive stuff.

      James Scholes
      Many people can rank their sites with a few PR3s and and a PR4 or two. Total costs under $400. Most people will end up spending over a thousand dollars this year for BMR and articles for it and then they'll pay next year and the years after that.

      People have this impression that unless the size of your network is like 20-30 sites then its not a network. A network can be 3 or five sites depending on your niches. Can such a small number be effective? Yes. Because on your own network the links don't roll off the page with authority AND you are not sharing the juice with hundreds or even thousands of users. You will still need to do some other stuff for IP diversity (Submit some articles, do some press releases, even some blog comments and a small does of web 2.0 and bookmarks but as you know thats easy stuff to do and your small network will smoke a lot of serps where you do good keyword research).
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5850032].message }}
      • people need to understand there's a big difference between private networks and public networks that are advertised on every webmaster forum

        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Many people can rank their sites with a few PR3s and and a PR4 or two. Total costs under $400. Most people will end up spending over a thousand dollars this year for BMR and articles for it and then they'll pay next year and the years after that.

        People have this impression that unless the size of your network is like 20-30 sites then its not a network. A network can be 3 or five sites depending on your niches. Can such a small number be effective? Yes. Because on your own network the links don't roll off the page with authority AND you are not sharing the juice with hundreds or even thousands of users. You will still need to do some other stuff for IP diversity (Submit some articles, do some press releases, even some blog comments and a small does of web 2.0 and bookmarks but as you know thats easy stuff to do and your small network will smoke a lot of serps where you do good keyword research).
        yep completely true, in my recent case study using High PR Society homepage backlinks i used 3 x pr4 homepage links and managed to get some decent ranking just from that
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5851107].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          I rented 2* PR4 links and 1* PR5 links at high PR society, it moved up a pretty tough keyword from #7 to #4, I thought it was more of a result of my other links and that these homepage links didn't work that well.

          Then I changed the anchor of these homepage links to a more longtail version and now today I see that main keyword has dropped back to #7. So they sure DO help a lot and we're only talking about 3 links here indeed.

          Never really thought about it from that perspective.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5851258].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author cavacuchi
            Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

            I rented 2* PR4 links and 1* PR5 links at high PR society, it moved up a pretty tough keyword from #7 to #4, I thought it was more of a result of my other links and that these homepage links didn't work that well.

            Then I changed the anchor of these homepage links to a more longtail version and now today I see that main keyword has dropped back to #7. So they sure DO help a lot and we're only talking about 3 links here indeed.

            Never really thought about it from that perspective.
            Did you use blogroll or contextual links?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5854942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PriceMaster
    In the recent past, I have heard very strong reports about Private DoFollow Networks getting the kicks and all websites linked there losing their PageRank and getting de-indexed.

    Now I am not sure of this as I do not rely on them but better safe than sorry...
    Signature
    DoFollow Backlinking, SEO and Internet Marketing Forum - Discuss SEO, IM and everything else!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nichesitebasics
    Currently doing a case study (1 week in) using LinkAuthority on a few sites, hopefully have some results after a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO ibiza
    does it ever occur to people that part of the reason Google have done this is because every other thread in here now is about BMR et al?

    when these services were all under the radar they worked fine, now every noob IMer and his mum is going on about them in public forums, running live "case studies" on what they're doing next from their sigs, obviously G have to do something about them.

    if I were using one of these, and now thinking about moving on, the last thing I would be doing is discussing it publicly in here.

    edit, and if I owned one I would be distraught at some of the stuff in here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5851492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
    ^^ worrying about what people talk about on forums is very counter productive, trust me.

    You can't educate the "masses", people will always be discussing quick fixes that work short-term. Openly.

    I own several small blog networks for my websites and I'm not "distraught". In fact, I really don't care.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5854780].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SEO ibiza
      Originally Posted by bnetwork View Post

      ^^ worrying about what people talk about on forums is very counter productive, trust me.

      You can't educate the "masses", people will always be discussing quick fixes that work short-term. Openly.

      I own several small blog networks for my websites and I'm not "distraught". In fact, I really don't care.
      "several small blog networks for my websites"

      this is why you're not worried, if you owned ALN, or BMR and saw stickies about you at the top of this forum you might feel a little different.

      spectacular growth followed by crash and burn probably wasn't the model they had in mind

      I'm just saying that by the time something becomes so obvious every second thread from clear beginners on open forums is about how effective a product is at manipulating Google's results, that product is probably on borrowed time by then.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855249].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NLwarrior
    I'm using multiple private link networks, they all work, but none of them was the holy grail I was hoping for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5855261].message }}

Trending Topics