Are blogs losing thier SEO values

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi guys,
of course you know what happened to many blog networks, As you know goolge de-indexed thousands of blogs this month.
But the question if google is going to give low value for link juice coming from those blogs ( those not affected ) . what left then ?

Blogs where giving so much link juice value, Trying to think like Google , if they are going to give low value for blogs and for forum profiles / blog comments , So what's left !! social ? ( most of social sites have no-follow )

In short, What will be the major player for most valuable back-links ?
Would like to hear from you
#blogs #losing #seo #thier #values
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian Int
    Originally Posted by itsme70 View Post

    Trying to think like Google , if they are going to give low value for blogs and for forum profiles / blog comments , So what's left !! social ? ( most of social sites have no-follow )

    In short, What will be the major player for most valuable back-links ?
    Would like to hear from you
    Het itsme,

    I'm not SEO expert, but I had the pleasure of having lunch with someone who runs an SEO company a couple of weeks ago.

    I didn't talk to him much about SEO, but he did mention that he builds no-follow links for his clients. When asked why, he had this to say:

    "Because it looks natural."

    Google doesn't want to be gamed. When you play the "optimize this website until it's #1 because I want it to be" you aren't playing nice in Google's mind.

    They're there to provide the BEST (more relevant) result for the search term as voted by Google users' actions. So don't worry about which backlinks are the best and which give sub-optimal link juice.

    Some of the wisest (in my opinion) backlinkers out there know that great content builds its own backlinks. Readers/Users will build backlinks for you, if you give them a reason to.

    Besides... if you're not giving people great content that they'll want to share with their friends.... just what are you providing them with?

    Cheers,
    -Adrian

    PS: Take this mindset to heart and I doubt you'll have to worry about "google slaps" ever again.
    Signature
    ATTENTION: Improve your list building. Free report and mp3
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author itsme70
      Originally Posted by Adrian Int View Post

      Het itsme,

      I'm not SEO expert, but I had the pleasure of having lunch with someone who runs an SEO company a couple of weeks ago.

      I didn't talk to him much about SEO, but he did mention that he builds no-follow links for his clients. When asked why, he had this to say:

      "Because it looks natural."

      Google doesn't want to be gamed. When you play the "optimize this website until it's #1 because I want it to be" you aren't playing nice in Google's mind.

      They're there to provide the BEST (more relevant) result for the search term as voted by Google users' actions. So don't worry about which backlinks are the best and which give sub-optimal link juice.

      Some of the wisest (in my opinion) backlinkers out there know that great content builds its own backlinks. Readers/Users will build backlinks for you, if you give them a reason to.

      Besides... if you're not giving people great content that they'll want to share with their friends.... just what are you providing them with?

      Cheers,
      -Adrian

      PS: Take this mindset to heart and I doubt you'll have to worry about "google slaps" ever again.
      Content without backlinks will never rank you well for competitive keyword
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942056].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adrian Int
        Originally Posted by itsme70 View Post

        Content without backlinks will never rank you well for competitive keyword
        This might be true... but backlinks without content won't get you far either, now will it? :p
        Signature
        ATTENTION: Improve your list building. Free report and mp3
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942280].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tadresources
      Originally Posted by Adrian Int View Post

      Het itsme,

      Some of the wisest (in my opinion) backlinkers out there know that great content builds its own backlinks. Readers/Users will build backlinks for you, if you give them a reason to.
      Wise words. I think providing quality content is so important and a lot of IMers forget this in there mission to make a quick buck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Toponsmar
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942015].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devin X
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Toponsmar View Post

      Blogs value never lose, if your blog is valued, not a spam.
      Agreed, google loves original content so as long as you're producing your own content google will pay attention.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thinkwik
    Do a great blog job before your expect revenue from blog.
    1. real and original content with reasonable keywords.
    2.Build links in a proper way.
    3.keep making your blog content be value to readers first,and your blog would get more traffic and link back.
    Signature
    Like My Page to win top Mac Apps for free!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by itsme70 View Post

    In short, What will be the major player for most valuable back-links ?
    Great content that similar websites related to your niche will link to.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indybail
    Quality blogs? No. Blog networks? yes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5944199].message }}

Trending Topics