Zero backlinks, PR8, how is it possible?

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Getting links from dodgy sites without links are probably worthless, but what I wonder is: How do they do it?

Check this out: articletornado.info REPORT | BACKLINK CHECKER | FREE REPORTS | CHECK LINKSDomain Pop | Backlink Checker

PR8, zero backlinks. Anyone who's got a clue?
#backlinks #pr8
  • Profile picture of the author zannix
    I've heard there are ways to fake your PR with redirect scripts. Also, some "dropped domain" **** and stuff, who the **** knows
    Signature
    All you can do is all you can do - Art Williams
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6023825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pyramid Linkers
    The Domain has 320,000 backlinks and the home page has 13,000. The website has alot of weight behind it. And it has a Page Rank of 5.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6023838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashera
      Originally Posted by Pyramid Linkers View Post

      The Domain has 320,000 backlinks and the home page has 13,000. The website has alot of weight behind it. And it has a Page Rank of 5.
      You're looking at the wrong site.


      At OP, this is most likely done through 301 redirects.
      Signature
      If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6024104].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pyramid Linkers
        Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

        You're looking at the wrong site.


        At OP, this is most likely done through 301 redirects.
        Ah, articletornado.info is the url. Yeah thats a crap site. No page authority and 10 links to the domain.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6024406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faysal969
    They may use redirecting script. Some script shows PR of redirected pages. I knew the way of checking the real PR, but at this moment can not remember it.
    Signature
    Learn SEO, Affiliate Marketing, CPA, and Make Money Online !!!!!!!

    Keep your house pest free and be healthy, wealthy, and happy. Get Rid of House Insects. :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6023994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialbookmark
    Its a bit strange for me too. I found another interesting thing about this site. In footer of this site, there are tens of links to other pages and i think its a site that is promoted to sell backlinks. I think a lot of backlinks are sold by the owner of this site.
    Signature

    I love warriorforum.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6024064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steffy Rose
    How is this possible??? Even don't have single back link then how it comes PR..?? Really it's cool..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6027638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StevenJones
    It's fake, and I wouldn't rely too much on PR stuff. It's over-rated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6027781].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author silvercap
      Originally Posted by zannix View Post

      I've heard there are ways to fake your PR with redirect scripts. Also, some "dropped domain" **** and stuff, who the **** knows
      What's a redirect script?

      Originally Posted by socialbookmark View Post

      Its a bit strange for me too. I found another interesting thing about this site. In footer of this site, there are tens of links to other pages and i think its a site that is promoted to sell backlinks. I think a lot of backlinks are sold by the owner of this site.
      Yes, they're juicing up the PR and selling links big time.

      Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

      You're looking at the wrong site.


      At OP, this is most likely done through 301 redirects.
      I checked the site with opensiteexplorer
      Open Site Explorer
      And I can't see one 301. Wouldn't one need thousands and thousands of 301s to surpass PR6 sites like ezine?

      Originally Posted by Pyramid Linkers View Post

      Ah, articletornado.info is the url. Yeah thats a crap site. No page authority and 10 links to the domain.
      Which 10 links? I see none.

      Originally Posted by StevenJones View Post

      It's fake, and I wouldn't rely too much on PR stuff. It's over-rated.
      That's the whole point of the thread. It's fake. It's worthless for SEO. Have you read the original post?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6027999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silvercap
    Other sites, from the same owner, practically without backlinks but with PR7 are these:
    Check Page Rank!

    Check Page Rank!

    To put it into perspective. Sites which are PR7 or PR8 are only the hugest of the huge, like: People Magazine, Wallstreet Journal, USA Today.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6030355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silvercap
    No-one who knows?

    It's not permalinks. It's not 301-redirects (one would need thousands and thousands). The sites doesn't have weight at all on opensiteexplorer's MozRank.

    Could it be some fancy programming skills which dupes Google-bot?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6035450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vija
    PR checking tools are showing that the PR is valid, but how is it possible?
    Signature

    vija

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6035734].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      The PR is not valid. Any logical person would know this.

      It's very easy to fake PR. You just redirect ONLY the
      googlebot to another site. A regular visitor sees the
      regular page. It's not foolproof, but if done before
      a PR update, the fake PR will show for a long time.

      Get a grip on reality people. It's fake.

      There's a sucker born every minute.

      The only way to really combat fake PR, is for google to
      have a way of showing real PR. But they would never
      do that, as it would open some things up to prying eyes.
      They like having secrets.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6035832].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author silvercap
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        The PR is not valid. (...) Get a grip on reality people. It's fake.
        Thank you Captain Obvious! That's what this whole thread is about. The question is how they're able fake it.

        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        It's very easy to fake PR. You just redirect ONLY the googlebot to another site. A regular visitor sees the regular page. It's not foolproof, but if done before a PR update, the fake PR will show for a long time.
        PageRank is measured like earthquakes, a PR8 is enormous. It's an earth-shattering kaboom. How the heck could one redirect Google-bots in a amount that would result in a 8? If you think that's easy than be sure to let us know how it's done.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036014].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hicksdelight
          Originally Posted by silvercap View Post

          Thank you Captain Obvious! That's what this whole thread is about. The question is how they're able fake it.



          PageRank is measured like earthquakes, a PR8 is enormous. It's an earth-shattering kaboom. How the heck could one redirect Google-bots in a amount that would result in a 8? If you think that's easy than be sure to let us know how it's done.
          I believe you only need to redirect it to one page that is a PR8 already.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036133].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author silvercap
            Originally Posted by hicksdelight View Post

            I believe you only need to redirect it to one page that is a PR8 already.
            In theory, yes that could have been done, but in practice nope.

            If they redirect sites, they would either be able to highjack tiny sites in a massive scale (like thousands), or they could, like you say, 301 a PR8 site. But who would redirect their PR8 site in order to be able to sell a hand full of over priced footer links? PR8 sites (which are given the PR because they're popular) are so rare, and generate so much income that it would be unthinkable that someone did it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036205].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author hicksdelight
              Originally Posted by silvercap View Post

              In theory, yes that could have been done, but in practice nope.

              If they redirect sites, they would either be able to highjack tiny sites in a massive scale (like thousands), or they could, like you say, 301 a PR8 site. But who would redirect their PR8 site in order to be able to sell a hand full of over priced footer links? PR8 sites (which are given the PR because they're popular) are so rare, and generate so much income that it would be unthinkable that someone did it.
              As far as I know the pr8 site doesn't even have to do anything or know about it.

              How To Fake Google PageRank Numbers

              The web sites used a relatively simple trick. A known loophole in the Google algorithm is that a web page that redirects to another web page will get the PageRank number of the redirected web page.

              A web page that redirects to Google.com will get a PageRank of 10 because web surfers that go to the redirection page will actually land on Google.com which has a PageRank of 10.

              To get a high PageRank number, a web site must just redirect to Google.com (or another page with a high PageRank) when the Google spider visits the site. This is a technique called cloaking.
              So the site with the high PR doesn't have to do anything their side.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author footfoot
    Probably redirected to Twitter or something until after the pr update, then it went live. Next pr update will bring it to 0 where it belongs.
    Think I'll try it for fun....hmm...off to find a pr10 site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036218].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author silvercap
      Originally Posted by footfoot View Post

      Probably redirected to Twitter or something until after the pr update, then it went live. Next pr update will bring it to 0 where it belongs.
      Think I'll try it for fun....hmm...off to find a pr10 site.
      What do you mean by redirect to twitter. If I redirect my PR0 site to a PR9 site, would that do something to the PR of my own site at the next update? If so, than you've cracked the code.

      EDIT: @hicksdelight, you're right. Nice link.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StevenJones
    Missunderstood the question Sorry. My take would be 301 redirectes, but you claim that this isn't the case.

    PR8 sites (which are given the PR because they're popular) are so rare, and generate so much income that it would be unthinkable that someone did it.
    And this ^^. Why would someone do such a redirect on a well established website. This doesn't make no sense.. Would love to know as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036323].message }}

Trending Topics