How To Rank High in Google Nationally

23 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello all,

I'm Josh, and I'm a noob. I'm looking to gain a little direction for attacking a giant. I'm looking to get a trucking company on the first page of Google within a 6 month window. This trucking company is going to be researched all over the world, but mostly in the USA.

The angle I am going to use for my SEO efforts are the fact that in 2011-2012, there are 200,000 + US Military personnel of all branches needing to be retrained and reintegrated into civilian society. There are many organizations willing to fund ex military, as well as the military. This company already exists, is a PR 0 website, however the age of the domain is 1996. I'm trying to connect this together.

The tools I have:

Places Scout
AMR
Scrape Box


Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
#google #high #nationally #rank
  • Profile picture of the author warriorkay
    You need to have a truly private blog network, in your arsenal,

    But seriously though... it's now time to rethink the old idea of getting
    a gazillion backlinks with AMR, Scrapebox, etc. It's now time to
    think more of less but quality backlinks that will actually matter.

    Also, it's a good idea to add CONTENT, to your plans. Since you
    say the company is going to be researched by people all over the
    nation, and even the world - what answers do they want to find
    when they are researching? Shouldn't you be providing them with
    great content that will help them out, and in the same time also help
    them make up their mind about using the services of your company?

    Great quality backlinks help, but so also does great content. I have
    sites that just keep increasing in traffic just because of daily great
    content that my writers put on them. Add quality backlinks to that,
    and you can't but move to the top of Google... and stay there,


    Kingsley
    Signature
    Kingged.com Coaching and Partnership Program
    Is The ONLY Coaching Program That Does 99% Of The Work
    TO MAKE MONEY FOR STUDENTS FROM 1ST DAY
    So they EARN while they LEARN

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6074446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Hello, thanks for all the great advice. I am kind of confused as to what the truly private blog network is, and would love to gauge a way to build and price this sort of thing.
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6080330].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Talent
        Originally Posted by oursmartweb View Post

        Hello, thanks for all the great advice. I am kind of confused as to what the truly private blog network is, and would love to gauge a way to build and price this sort of thing.

        A truly private blog network is a network of blogs that you and ONLY you blog on.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6081119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author genei
    warriorkay has called it correctly. Google is all about content nowadays. I think the best thing you can do is start a blog for this trucking company and add content to it so it builds naturally. You are going to be shooting for an authority site. Quality back links will help but I think content may help more. I think if you follow warriorkay's suggestion you might make it to the top in six months.

    Good luck.
    Signature

    Gene Ilten
    www.geneilten.info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6074909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
    I would just add- if you're looking for something to do with the tools you mentioned- you can use them to blast web 2.0 properties (e.g. Squidoo pages), get those pages some rank, and then link them to your site.

    -Jeremy
    Signature
    #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
    Available Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6075009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brendan Carl
    Content > backlinks.

    Add a blog feature to their site. Then, for every post, do some keyword research with the Google Keyword Tool and pick one or two long tail keywords to write the article for. Add 5-10 articles per week and you will start to see rankings.

    Also, try to get some of those articles syndicated. Just make sure that the articles you send out for syndication are a little over 1,000 words.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6080409].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Originally Posted by Brendan Carl View Post

      Content > backlinks.

      Add a blog feature to their site. Then, for every post, do some keyword research with the Google Keyword Tool and pick one or two long tail keywords to write the article for. Add 5-10 articles per week and you will start to see rankings.

      Also, try to get some of those articles syndicated. Just make sure that the articles you send out for syndication are a little over 1,000 words.
      Brendan, you've lost me after long-tail. So fill the article with keyword rich long-tail keywords that I am going after?
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6083613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WF99
    Use those tools to rank some pages ..
    And then you can use those pages to link back to your site ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6080688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GMT
    Quality content and having other popular sites link to your site is the best way. It also helps to have a really old domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6080695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Night Fox
    In google webmaster tools you can specify you only want to target the US index.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6081134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superb321
    I will be honest here! there lot has been changed in the SEO world so far and with that Google is getting more and more smarter! targeting a giant around the world is a big game that cannot be win with the short span of 6 months (at least with wearing a white hat on)...

    I think the best way to compete is to create lot of content and target all the long tail keywords as post possible this is the place where you can get decent amount of conversion as well as winning the long tail world because giants are usually weak at long tails...

    then slowly build your authority and target the basic and general key phrases...
    Signature

    Quality VPS Hosting offered by the fastest growing Web Hosting company based in United States

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6081162].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Yeah 6 months does seem like a short amount of time to attack this.
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6083495].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Originally Posted by superb321 View Post

      I will be honest here! there lot has been changed in the SEO world so far and with that Google is getting more and more smarter! targeting a giant around the world is a big game that cannot be win with the short span of 6 months (at least with wearing a white hat on)...

      I think the best way to compete is to create lot of content and target all the long tail keywords as post possible this is the place where you can get decent amount of conversion as well as winning the long tail world because giants are usually weak at long tails...

      then slowly build your authority and target the basic and general key phrases...
      I would love to talk more about the longtail keywords. Would you use several variations of these in adwords, and in orgainic seo efforts?
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6178680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    I would advice you to use ScrapeBox a lot! First create Squidoo, Hubpages, Tumblr, etc. "websites" and blast it several times per month in ScrapeBox to get a good ranking. Then build backlinks to your main website using each of these websites!
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6081719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Patco,

      How do you blast through SB? Are you talking about the spammy comments?
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6083499].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      What do you mean blast in SB?
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6178668].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheProgrammer
        Originally Posted by oursmartweb View Post

        What do you mean blast in SB?
        WOW what the heck idea.

        Try to get some authority links with varies keywords for fast results.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6178719].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
          I'm unsure what the first sentence in your reply mean't, but I'm aware that I need keywords and links. I am looking for a bit more of a detailed discussion here.
          Signature

          Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6178767].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dburk
            Hi oursmartweb,

            You seem to be getting advice from 2 very different paradigms. Let me try to clarify things, so that hopefully the useful advice you are receiving can be applied properly.

            Some folks are talking about the need to focus on content, others are talking about building links. You need both.

            SEO isn't building backlinks, though it seems many folks think that is exactly what it is. They are wrong. SEO is something we do to content, or include as part of content we create. It is simply including your targeted keyword within key elements of your web documents. There are many other aspects of SEO, that deal with strategies and structuring of your link architecture.

            Promotional activities involve creating content and distributing that content at various strategic locations on the web. Ideally that content should be optimized for search engines (SEO). Link building is promotional activity that may, or may not, include SEO.

            Link building can be divided into two types, meritorious link building, and web spam. Some of the advice you receive may come from folks who are not aware of the difference in these 2 types of backlinks. So treat all advice with caution.

            Meritorious link building adds value to the web, tends to accumulate value over time and is welcomed by search engines. Web spam pollutes the world wide web, is steadily purged and is continuously devalued by search engines, becoming worthless over time.

            All meritorious link building is based on valuable content being added to the web. Placing that content in strategic locations, and including keywords in key elements of that content is precisely what SEO is about.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6183187].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
              Originally Posted by dburk View Post

              Hi oursmartweb,

              You seem to be getting advice from 2 very different paradigms. Let me try to clarify things, so that hopefully the useful advice you are receiving can be applied properly.

              Some folks are talking about the need to focus on content, others are talking about building links. You need both.

              SEO isn't building backlinks, though it seems many folks think that is exactly what it is. They are wrong. SEO is something we do to content, or include as part of content we create. It is simply including your targeted keyword within key elements of your web documents. There are many other aspects of SEO, that deal with strategies and structuring of your link architecture.

              Promotional activities involve creating content and distributing that content at various strategic locations on the web. Ideally that content should be optimized for search engines (SEO). Link building is promotional activity that may, or may not, include SEO.

              Link building can be divided into two types, meritorious link building, and web spam. Some of the advice you receive may come from folks who are not aware of the difference in these 2 types of backlinks. So treat all advice with caution.

              Meritorious link building adds value to the web, tends to accumulate value over time and is welcomed by search engines. Web spam pollutes the world wide web, is steadily purged and is continuously devalued by search engines, becoming worthless over time.

              All meritorious link building is based on valuable content being added to the web. Placing that content in strategic locations, and including keywords in key elements of that content is precisely what SEO is about.
              Hi Don,

              My confusion does lie within the process of SEO as a whole, but in the different variations of it. I am in the learning process just as everyone else is (at their given stage).

              With the project mentioned in the very start of the post, it seems that there are many approaches on how to go about ranking this company. I'm trying to put together a plan so I can make a Power Point and propose it to this company.

              I am all about adding value to the web, and thinking about going after my target, not just everyone. I like the idea of long-tail keywords, as it would be an unusual way to draw in your audience. I don't feel that the company would understand that if I just targeted these long-tails, along with a few other methodologies, they still wouldn't be on the first page of Google. However, if they were retaining sales from this, I think it would be a win win.

              Someone had also mentioned creating a blog. I don't know what the website architecture is, but I ONLY know and care about Wordpress. I'm wondering how I'd place a blog on a non-Wordpress website? I just want to keep the 1996 domain name. That's the ONLY thing this site has going for it.

              I suppose one would have to rank this well at a local level before branching out. Food for thought... I don't know where to start quite honestly.

              Thanks.

              Josh
              Signature

              Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6183510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samual james
    According to me you should create new strategy dont go with old ideas like AMR and all. Its better if you can find some one who can do all kind of manual seo work as its considered as one of the best practice to gain ranking.
    You can start with local listing if you want to target your local keywords and build some citation as well to support your local listing. To rank globally you need to push your link building efforts to get quality links only.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6083646].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oursmartweb
      Originally Posted by samual james View Post

      According to me you should create new strategy dont go with old ideas like AMR and all. Its better if you can find some one who can do all kind of manual seo work as its considered as one of the best practice to gain ranking.
      You can start with local listing if you want to target your local keywords and build some citation as well to support your local listing. To rank globally you need to push your link building efforts to get quality links only.
      Samual,

      I have to ask,how relevant do you think local seo/search methods are going have an effect on my rankings if I am going after the whole USA? I do understand that clients are going to be getting trained at (1) physical location, so maybe I just answered my own question.
      Signature

      Latest SEO and Marketing topics found here: I Talk Web Blog We also do Web Design and SEO Springfield Missouri

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6083692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author backlinkxone
    Thank you for your Ideas but I have some confusion about this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6183240].message }}

Trending Topics