103 replies
  • SEO
  • |
The only term I was sitting at #1 for just dropped to #3. I was surprised with all the other terms that dropped that one stuck in at #1, but now that is gone. So tired of this crap.

Wonder if they increased security at their headquarters. I know there are a lot of people that lost more than me over this 'improvement'. Maybe we should go protest in front of their headquarters.

OCCUPY GOOGLE!
#google #occupy
  • Profile picture of the author lniskasaari
    Count me in...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6127065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Really?

    You want Google traffic, but you can't understand the reasons behind algo. changes?

    Unbelievable.

    It doesn't matter If the algo. benefits anyone or not, what matters is the gamers have to keep on the move, they can't game the system for 10 years or whatever.

    You want static SERPs, sorry that's not reality.

    So what If Google promotes Adwords, heck it's their site, they would be stupid If they didn't push their own product/services.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6127257].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Really?

      You want Google traffic, but you can't understand the reasons behind algo. changes?

      Unbelievable.

      It doesn't matter If the algo. benefits anyone or not, what matters is the gamers have to keep on the move, they can't game the system for 10 years or whatever.

      You want static SERPs, sorry that's not reality.

      So what If Google promotes Adwords, heck it's their site, they would be stupid If they didn't push their own product/services.

      No, I expect them to change, but they shouldn't change overnight. People based their lively-hood, their business, etc on the website and the traffic it generates. They shouldn't be dropped off the face of the earth overnight. If google did things right, they would identify crap and phase it out as it happens. People wouldn't get to the first page with crap if google blocked it from counting from the start. How hard is it for a company the size of google to not detect crap.

      Also, as they detect new crap and adjust to it, why wait and blast huge changes out at once? Small incremental changes would have less of a shock factor. We react and repeat things that seem to raise our rankings and don't repeat for things that don't. If they didn't count whatever spam back linking they uncovered as they uncovered it over the last 3 months, people would figure out it wasn't working and maybe try less spam related backlinking.

      As far as adwords, that's like saying oil companies should be able to charge whatever they want. When you have a monopoly, you can't just do whatever you want. Look at all the lawsuits against google already in many countries. Forcing people to use adwords by intentionally keeping decent sites from ranking well is something they can get sued over.

      Sorry, did I over-optimize on the word 'crap'? :-)
      Signature

      Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6127734].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        No, I expect them to change, but they shouldn't change overnight. People based their lively-hood, their business, etc on the website and the traffic it generates. They shouldn't be dropped off the face of the earth overnight. If google did things right, they would identify crap and phase it out as it happens. People wouldn't get to the first page with crap if google blocked it from counting from the start. How hard is it for a company the size of google to not detect crap.

        Also, as they detect new crap and adjust to it, why wait and blast huge changes out at once? Small incremental changes would have less of a shock factor. We react and repeat things that seem to raise our rankings and don't repeat for things that don't. If they didn't count whatever spam back linking they uncovered as they uncovered it over the last 3 months, people would figure out it wasn't working and maybe try less spam related backlinking.

        As far as adwords, that's like saying oil companies should be able to charge whatever they want. When you have a monopoly, you can't just do whatever you want. Look at all the lawsuits against google already in many countries. Forcing people to use adwords by intentionally keeping decent sites from ranking well is something they can get sued over.

        Sorry, did I over-optimize on the word 'crap'? :-)
        1) Your not changing Google, they'll change when/If they want on their own terms, why, because that's what a real business does.

        2) It's not Googles problem when someone builds what they interpret as a business & is 100% dependent on Google.

        If someone purposely depended on your website for 100% of their traffic, would you sit around doing nothing while others make the rules for you & your site (doubtful)? Yet, you expect Google to run a business on your terms.

        Take your time & think about that one, because you never know when someone might start a forum thread saying it's all your fault that their business is failing. :rolleyes:
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6128970].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          1) Your not changing Google, they'll change when/If they want on their own terms, why, because that's what a real business does.

          2) It's not Googles problem when someone builds what they interpret as a business & is 100% dependent on Google.

          If someone purposely depended on your website for 100% of their traffic, would you sit around doing nothing while others make the rules for you & your site (doubtful)? Yet, you expect Google to run a business on your terms.

          Take your time & think about that one, because you never know when someone might start a forum thread saying it's all your fault that their business is failing. :rolleyes:
          For too many, the starting place to find anything on the internet, or anything period, is google. This is like a single entity controlling the media. They control what the vast majority of people see and read on the internet. With that comes great responsibility and should also include oversight by a third party. Who knows what their real motivation and reasoning is for their changes? Who knows if some programmers are putting in little bits of code into the algorithms to boost their friends sites.

          Search engines when they become a monopoly, just like most industries, should be watched closely and broken up. For all you democrats out there, just imagine in Fox owned or controlled google, or the reverse. How would that site with you if all the top sites leaned to the left or the right? I'm not saying google is politically motivated, but they are motivated by profits and their own self-interest, not ours.
          Signature

          Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129083].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author paulgl
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            For too many, the starting place to find anything on the internet, or anything period, is google. This is like a single entity controlling the media. They control what the vast majority of people see and read on the internet. With that comes great responsibility and should also include oversight by a third party. Who knows what their real motivation and reasoning is for their changes? Who knows if some programmers are putting in little bits of code into the algorithms to boost their friends sites.

            Search engines when they become a monopoly, just like most industries, should be watched closely and broken up. For all you democrats out there, just imagine in Fox owned or controlled google, or the reverse. How would that site with you if all the top sites leaned to the left or the right? I'm not saying google is politically motivated, but they are motivated by profits and their own self-interest, not ours.
            They do have self interest. It's called profits. And as long as people use them,
            they'll keep making profits or change to make more profits.

            That's why they keep changing. To keep people coming.

            Google has some of the most brilliant minds in computer engineering.
            Their dominance will continue. For a long time.

            But it's about time they got rid of every tom, dick, and harry who
            bought an EMD, installed WP, for some dumb keyword to make
            a buck off of google's coattails. I don't really care who you
            are or how great your crap is. It's still crap and google does
            not need it. Stop thinking google needs you. Or cares about
            you. Or even cares if you exist.

            If you chose to live off of someone's coattails, don't complain
            when they change coats.

            Think about the sites and owners who finally got a shot.
            They replaced you. They are dancing in the streets. They
            just don't occupy the WF.

            Paul
            Signature

            If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130016].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
              Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

              They do have self interest. It's called profits. And as long as people use them,
              they'll keep making profits or change to make more profits.

              That's why they keep changing. To keep people coming.

              Google has some of the most brilliant minds in computer engineering.
              Their dominance will continue. For a long time.

              But it's about time they got rid of every tom, dick, and harry who
              bought an EMD, installed WP, for some dumb keyword to make
              a buck off of google's coattails. I don't really care who you
              are or how great your crap is. It's still crap and google does
              not need it. Stop thinking google needs you. Or cares about
              you. Or even cares if you exist.

              If you chose to live off of someone's coattails, don't complain
              when they change coats.

              Think about the sites and owners who finally got a shot.
              They replaced you. They are dancing in the streets. They
              just don't occupy the WF.

              Paul

              Really? That's strange. Last I checked, I pay THEM for adwords. They also take a bigger cut of the ad revenue off MY sites. They also make money off the ads I click on on other sites. Gee, who is living off who here? What twisted world do you live in? Do you think if I was making $1000/day that they wouldn't be taken in more than I was?

              It is actually more of a symbiotic relationship, but they control all the rules. And at the end of the day, besides making all the rules, they will make more money off the relationship than I ever will.
              Signature

              Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130232].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jamhot
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          1) Your not changing Google, they'll change when/If they want on their own terms, why, because that's what a real business does.

          2) It's not Googles problem when someone builds what they interpret as a business & is 100% dependent on Google.

          If someone purposely depended on your website for 100% of their traffic, would you sit around doing nothing while others make the rules for you & your site (doubtful)? Yet, you expect Google to run a business on your terms.

          Take your time & think about that one, because you never know when someone might start a forum thread saying it's all your fault that their business is failing. :rolleyes:
          Well actually I think google intended people to rely on them for business otherwise why would they create adwords. Google have provided a service that everyone has paid for in some way whether it is by clicking on the ads that people put up or making an ad to click on. Google have done what hitler did with the jews on this update and lured everyone into their bubble of promise only to be gased because they didn't conform. Think about how a judge goes about a divorce settlement. If the partner has been kept within the marriage with a certain quality of life then the working party who created that is then ordered to pay maintenance in order to keep them in that quality of life. An infrastructure with such power that many have come to rely on at the invite of google has now pulled the rug with machine like remorse. It is totally irresponsible!

          How can you say google ow us nothing when all we did was help them grow?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133087].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
            Originally Posted by jamhot View Post

            Well actually I think google intended people to rely on them for business otherwise why would they create adwords. Google have provided a service that everyone has paid for in some way whether it is by clicking on the ads that people put up or making an ad to click on. Google have done what hitler did with the jews on this update and lured everyone into their bubble of promise only to be gased because they didn't conform. Think about how a judge goes about a divorce settlement. If the partner has been kept within the marriage with a certain quality of life then the working party who created that is then ordered to pay maintenance in order to keep them in that quality of life. An infrastructure with such power that many have come to rely on at the invite of google has now pulled the rug with machine like remorse. It is totally irresponsible!

            How can you say google ow us nothing when all we did was help them grow?
            I look at it as a symbiotic relationship. I pay them about $800/month via adwords. They also make more money than me off adsense. They give me the ability to get advertising easily, but they get real estate on my sites to make money.

            Problem is, they will always have the upper hand. They make the rules. They make a bigger cut on ad revenue, etc. Google would be nothing without websites, big and small, willing to advertise with them and give them real estate on their sites to post ads. We both benefit, but they benefit far more.
            Signature

            Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133120].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        If google did things right, they would identify crap and phase it out as it happens. People wouldn't get to the first page with crap if google blocked it from counting from the start. How hard is it for a company the size of google to not detect crap.
        What I gather from your post is you have been building crap and now you are upset at how Google has decided to treat that crap.

        Easy fix for you. Don't build crap. Then you don't have to worry about these changes.

        Problem solved.
        Signature
        SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
        Get a FREE Quote.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129173].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          What I gather from your post is you have been building crap and now you are upset at how Google has decided to treat that crap.

          Easy fix for you. Don't build crap. Then you don't have to worry about these changes.

          Problem solved.

          Stop assuming only people that build crap that got hit. I am guilty of using fiverr gigs to promote one of my sites, but it is not crap. I was doing what any business would do. Promoting myself. I spend $800/month with adwords for the site already and it is in a tough/competitive niche.

          So before you open your mouth, try not to assume google is perfect. Trust me. I can point out a lot of crap in the top 5 positions for many keywords, that yep, are still there!
          Signature

          Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129583].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            So before you open your mouth, try not to assume google is perfect. Trust me. I can point out a lot of crap in the top 5 positions for many keywords, that yep, are still there!
            Yeah, there have always been sites ranking that one could argue shouldn't be. That is nothing new.

            I have yet to find a single site that dropped and didn't have spammy backlinks pointing at it though.
            Signature
            SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
            Get a FREE Quote.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129599].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author josephseeley
              Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

              Yeah, there have always been sites ranking that one could argue shouldn't be. That is nothing new.

              I have yet to find a single site that dropped and didn't have spammy backlinks pointing at it though.
              It would be hard to find (in search results) any site that doesn't have any spammy backlinks pointing at it.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130106].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
              Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

              Yeah, there have always been sites ranking that one could argue shouldn't be. That is nothing new.

              I have yet to find a single site that dropped and didn't have spammy backlinks pointing at it though.

              There are MANY sites that don't engage in spammy linkbuilding (no spammy links) and took big hits.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134741].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ashera
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            Stop assuming only people that build crap that got hit. I am guilty of using fiverr gigs to promote one of my sites
            Lost me there...
            Signature
            If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129620].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
              Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

              Lost me there...
              You never paid someone to promote a product? You don't think all the fortune 500 don't pay OTHER people to promote their products? Spammy or quality back linking, google doesn't want you posting your own links and doesn't want you to pay someone to promote your site either. Well except through adwords. That is wrong. If they don't like people to use backlinks, then take it out of the equation and use google analytics, cookies, etc to determine what the best sites are for each niche.
              Signature

              Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129675].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            Stop assuming only people that build crap that got hit. I am guilty of using fiverr gigs to promote one of my sites, but it is not crap.
            The true mark of a serious webmaster - pay your link builder $4 for a job well done . The only problem being that the fiverr guy forgot to change the title of his offer to -

            Negative SEO Special - I will tank your site for $5 - honest just $5!!!!


            I was doing what any business would do. Promoting myself. I spend $800/month with adwords for the site already and it is in a tough/competitive niche.
            So you pay $800 a month consistently in a serp that has to be making you some money to maintain that expenditure but you opted for a $5 link provider.............ummm................yeah right good business decision.

            I can point out a lot of crap in the top 5 positions for many keywords, that yep, are still there!
            Ok while you occupy Google give me the keywords and I'll go after them. Seriously the smart people are figuring out there are niches that have been blown wide open for some non whining willing to work SEO marketer. We'll buy a few of you guys occupy Google T shirts with the money we'll be making on the serps, maybe even send you over some gatorade when it gets hot with the picket signs and all (hard work we know) - just send over the keyword list
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135752].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              The true mark of a serious webmaster - pay your link builder $4 for a job well done . The only problem being that the fiverr guy forgot to change the title of his offer to -

              Negative SEO Special - I will tank your site for $5 - honest just $5!!!!




              So you pay $800 a month consistently in a serp that has to be making you some money to maintain that expenditure but you opted for a $5 link provider.............ummm................yeah right good business decision.



              Ok while you occupy Google give me the keywords and I'll go after them. Seriously the smart people are figuring out there are niches that have been blown wide open for some non whining willing to work SEO marketer. We'll buy a few of you guys occupy Google T shirts with the money we'll making on the serps, maybe even send you over some gatorade when it gets hot with the picket signs and all (hard work we know) - just send over the keyword list
              Those $5 gigs were pushing me up in the SERPs. Money well spent except that google's FLAWED logic slammed the site, which is why I am pissed.
              Signature

              Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135792].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Ashera
                Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                Those $5 gigs were pushing me up in the SERPs. Money well spent except that google's FLAWED logic slammed the site, which is why I am pissed.
                Google's flawed logic? More like YOUR flawed logic. Come on now - you don't see any serious SEO here crying about Google's latest algo change. This isn't anything new. Just because you finally got caught using garbage links doesn't mean google is flawed. You continue to have this notion that you have this exclusive right to rank on Google because you built an amazing site. Granted, you might have an amazing site - but if it was so amazing it wouldn't rely on Google and Google alone for it's traffic source. And if it was so amazing, why would you be risking it and its reputation by buying $5 link packages?
                Signature
                If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135921].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                  Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

                  Google's flawed logic? More like YOUR flawed logic. Come on now - you don't see any serious SEO here crying about Google's latest algo change. This isn't anything new. Just because you finally got caught using garbage links doesn't mean google is flawed. You continue to have this notion that you have this exclusive right to rank on Google because you built an amazing site. Granted, you might have an amazing site - but if it was so amazing it wouldn't rely on Google and Google alone for it's traffic source. And if it was so amazing, why would you be risking it and its reputation by buying $5 link packages?

                  Keep the blinders and rose colored glasses on. Just be careful because you may be on the receiving end of their 'flawless' logic someday.
                  Signature

                  Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135999].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Ashera
                    Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                    Keep the blinders and rose colored glasses on. Just be careful because you may be on the receiving end of their 'flawless' logic someday.
                    I never said Google was perfect, I just wouldn't buy backlinks for $5 and complain when my website stopped ranking.
                    Signature
                    If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136008].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author mrultra
                  Banned
                  [DELETED]
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136210].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                    Originally Posted by mrultra View Post

                    Well yeah, it is flawed logic by Google, because if he was hurt by the fiverr gigs, then Google has officially made negative seo possible. That's a pretty big flaw.
                    So um according to this logic google SHOULD allow him to rank with spam links because if it doesn't then it proves negative SEO? Fact is as long as there are sites that you cannot tank with bad links google could care less about the sites that you can tank. Even the guy in here claiming he tanks sites states there are some site that are strong enough not to be able to tank.

                    Besides The OPs reliance on adwords and fiverr gigs pretty much proves the site had no authority to it.
                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136313].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Ashera
                    Originally Posted by mrultra View Post

                    Well yeah, it is flawed logic by Google, because if he was hurt by the fiverr gigs, then Google has officially made negative seo possible. That's a pretty big flaw.
                    Do you really think any site that naturally ranks well with no artificial offsite SEO could really be affected by Negative SEO?
                    Signature
                    If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136316].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author josephseeley
                      Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

                      Do you really think any site that naturally ranks well with no artificial offsite SEO could really be affected by Negative SEO?
                      Not all of them, but definitely some of them.

                      You have to remember that not every niche is like MMO, IM, weight loss, or insurance where the competition is so fierce that the SEO requirements to rank are sky-high.

                      There are countless smaller and less glamorous niches out there where a handful of good backlinks and good on-site relevance will rank a site. There aren't legions of bloggers linking out to each other with a wink and a nod. Most of the sites aren't SEO'd and backlinked properly, because the owners of those sites are actually trying to do what Google says they want, provide a good experience for the traffic.

                      Even some very old sites might only have a few thousand backlinks total. Newer sites might only have 50-100. But they can still rank well. Those kinds of backlinking profiles could be changed dramatically (for the worse) in a few hours of work. Those are the kinds of niches where negative SEO could really run amok.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6138413].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Ashera
                        Originally Posted by josephseeley View Post

                        Not all of them, but definitely some of them.

                        You have to remember that not every niche is like MMO, IM, weight loss, or insurance where the competition is so fierce that the SEO requirements to rank are sky-high.

                        There are countless smaller and less glamorous niches out there where a handful of good backlinks and good on-site relevance will rank a site. There aren't legions of bloggers linking out to each other with a wink and a nod. Most of the sites aren't SEO'd and backlinked properly, because the owners of those sites are actually trying to do what Google says they want, provide a good experience for the traffic.

                        Even some very old sites might only have a few thousand backlinks total. Newer sites might only have 50-100. But they can still rank well. Those kinds of backlinking profiles could be changed dramatically (for the worse) in a few hours of work. Those are the kinds of niches where negative SEO could really run amok.
                        Yesterday I helped a company with their Social Media strategy - they are basically a money management blog. They've never paid anyone to do any SEO, or done any themselves. They get tons of organic traffic. They also have 8,000 backlinks from 548 referring domains, all naturally.

                        Granted, it's not easy. But, they did it.
                        Signature
                        If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6138437].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author josephseeley
                          Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

                          Yesterday I helped a company with their Social Media strategy - they are basically a money management blog. They've never paid anyone to do any SEO, or done any themselves. They get tons of organic traffic. They also have 8,000 backlinks from 548 referring domains, all naturally.

                          Granted, it's not easy. But, they did it.
                          I'm not sure how that's supposed to be relevant to our conversation. Yes, you can get organic backlinks, especially in blog crowded niches. (And will almost certainly need to get lots of links to rank a finance blog.) That's not in question.

                          The question you asked was whether any sites could rank and still have vulnerabilities to negative SEO. When you step away from the most highly competitive topics it's abundantly clear that there are vulnerable sites (as in, not a robust backlinking profile) that are ranking.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6141109].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author SeoKnightsInc
                  Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

                  Google's flawed logic? More like YOUR flawed logic. Come on now - you don't see any serious SEO here crying about Google's latest algo change. This isn't anything new. Just because you finally got caught using garbage links doesn't mean google is flawed. You continue to have this notion that you have this exclusive right to rank on Google because you built an amazing site. Granted, you might have an amazing site - but if it was so amazing it wouldn't rely on Google and Google alone for it's traffic source. And if it was so amazing, why would you be risking it and its reputation by buying $5 link packages?

                  His site was better than facebook still he replies on Google looooolz funny man
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6139484].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                    Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post

                    His site was better than facebook still he replies on Google looooolz funny man
                    Never said it was better than facebook, I said it has a better time on site per user than facebook. Let's stick to facts.
                    Signature

                    Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6139602].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                Those $5 gigs were pushing me up in the SERPs. Money well spent except that google's FLAWED logic slammed the site, which is why I am pissed.
                I know man. I feel you. the whole world is messed up. You ought to be able to run the 100 meter and win without much exercise if not for the absolute messed up flawed logic that the fastest who practice should win. You should be able to Become the CEO of a big company right out of kindergarden if not for the flawed logic that you might need some experience and yeah Google ought to give you top billing in their search engine because you gave a guy $4 to rank.

                Its insane I tell you. The world is gone mad. Occupy Google now. Don't give up until EVERYONE is ranked number one for any term they want provided they are willing to spend $5.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135941].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          What I gather from your post is you have been building crap and now you are upset at how Google has decided to treat that crap.

          Easy fix for you. Don't build crap. Then you don't have to worry about these changes.

          Problem solved.
          That's easily said but not done Google randomly knocks people out. One great example is askthebuilder.com (His site used to look different)

          It was a legit authority site and google cut down 80 percent of his traffic back on the first panda update. Its incredible how they preach quality but some quality sites get hurt. This will always happen and won't stop happening.

          No wonder some people build crap rank make income get knocked down in the serps then build crap again.

          I feel bad for those who put hard work good quality content and great site only to get knock down, that hurts more because now you really have nothing else you can do.

          Wise Words = "DO NOT RELY ON GOOGLE" at one point you will get hit no one escapes. Sad but true.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135719].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Content Traders
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        No, I expect them to change, but they shouldn't change overnight. People based their lively-hood, their business, etc on the website and the traffic it generates. They shouldn't be dropped off the face of the earth overnight. If google did things right, they would identify crap and phase it out as it happens. People wouldn't get to the first page with crap if google blocked it from counting from the start. How hard is it for a company the size of google to not detect crap.

        Also, as they detect new crap and adjust to it, why wait and blast huge changes out at once? Small incremental changes would have less of a shock factor. We react and repeat things that seem to raise our rankings and don't repeat for things that don't. If they didn't count whatever spam back linking they uncovered as they uncovered it over the last 3 months, people would figure out it wasn't working and maybe try less spam related backlinking.

        As far as adwords, that's like saying oil companies should be able to charge whatever they want. When you have a monopoly, you can't just do whatever you want. Look at all the lawsuits against google already in many countries. Forcing people to use adwords by intentionally keeping decent sites from ranking well is something they can get sued over.

        Sorry, did I over-optimize on the word 'crap'? :-)
        This never happened over night. The clever people knew it before time. I am sure Google will refine its search results but the algo change was a good move against spammers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6137947].message }}
  • I've noticed the Occupiers by my state's Capitol have slowly decreased in number as the economy has slowly improved again. Hmm.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6128987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by stayfocusedonthis View Post

      I've noticed the Occupiers by my state's Capitol have slowly decreased in number as the economy has slowly improved again. Hmm.
      Lol, all that for a sore back from sleeping in a tent and a sunburn, they sure showed the Gov.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kthor
      Originally Posted by stayfocusedonthis View Post

      I've noticed the Occupiers by my state's Capitol have slowly decreased in number as the economy has slowly improved again. Hmm.
      well they can't protest if Obama has them on Guntanamo Bay right?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6140638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author remodeler
    Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

    OCCUPY GOOGLE!
    Seriously???

    Hey, instead of spending the money to get to Google HQ and trying to live for a few months, spend it on negative SEO like another guy in the forum and blast your competition with spam links to get back your chosen keyword a top ranking again! He claims it worked for him.

    From looking at all the threads it is like many folks could use a bottle of Xanax and/or Viagra to help them get through this. Life will go on. I was hit last Oct and lost a high 4 figure monthly income, but I moved on and have built a much better business that I have more control over. It is not google dependent.

    Perhaps instead of "occupy google", you could go occupy a quiet place and work out a plan of action that has you building a real business that "you" control and not one that controls you. I wish you the best going forward!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zaco
    Occupy Google? lol.. at the end of the day its their service and they can do whatever they want with it, I would be pissed off if I lost my rankings but you have to be realistic.. why do you think you are entitled to rank? even if they picked the sites they want or filled the first page with sites that paid?

    I used to think that I am entitled but once I thought about it..I realized that I am wrong and they can do whatever they want, who am I to tell them what to do? even if they rank crappy sites? it is their service and if u want to benefit from it then you should accept the consequences, deal with it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faceblogger
    Algo changes is a necessary evil. It protects the real SEO players from the people who just spam links and rank.

    If you're smart, each google algo update is an opportunity for you, because it throws many people out of the game. It cleans SERP for you! You just need to occupy the SERP with your sites with new working SEO strategics.
    Signature

    no sig

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
      Originally Posted by faceblogger View Post

      Algo changes is a necessary evil. It protects the real SEO players from the people who just spam links and rank.

      If you're smart, each google algo update is an opportunity for you, because it throws many people out of the game. It cleans SERP for you! You just need to occupy the SERP with your sites with new working SEO strategics.
      They should happen gradually, not suddenly slam the life out of people. If you see a pothole on your street, do you wait until it is a crater to call to have it patched? No. They could have been putting up changes as they coded them and people would have seen a gradual impact and realized what they were doing wasn't working and stopped before it became a complete delisting and loss of lively-hood.

      Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for long-tail keyword bloggers trying to be tops for 'My kids has autism, what do I do'. That is wrong and pathetic. But there are real businesses that got burned with this.
      Signature

      Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129697].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ashera
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        They should happen gradually, not suddenly slam the life out of people. If you see a pothole on your street, do you wait until it is a crater to call to have it patched? No. They could have been putting up changes as they coded them and people would have seen a gradual impact and realized what they were doing wasn't working and stopped before it became a complete delisting and loss of lively-hood.

        Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for long-tail keyword bloggers trying to be tops for 'My kids has autism, what do I do'. That is wrong and pathetic. But there are real businesses that got burned with this.
        Oh yeah, so you want Google to guide you every step of the way while they are trying to combat against what you are trying to do? What makes you think you have the God given right to manipulate search engine rankings? It's a blessing, not a privilege, and don't except Google or anyone to hold your hand. Sorry for being so blunt but that is the honest truth.
        Signature
        If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129734].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author faceblogger
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        They should happen gradually, not suddenly slam the life out of people. If you see a pothole on your street, do you wait until it is a crater to call to have it patched? No. They could have been putting up changes as they coded them and people would have seen a gradual impact and realized what they were doing wasn't working and stopped before it became a complete delisting and loss of lively-hood.

        Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for long-tail keyword bloggers trying to be tops for 'My kids has autism, what do I do'. That is wrong and pathetic. But there are real businesses that got burned with this.
        If a business could be burned by a google algo update, it ain't a real business.

        As long as you cry about google algo changes you're not different from those key word bloggers or whoever.

        You can't set standards to your enemy (here it's google), they have the right to come out with the best techniques to crush you. You just need to be smart enough to face them any time.

        To be honest, I love all google updates because it throws off most of the bottom line SEOs off the game (It eliminates a lot of competition)
        Signature

        no sig

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130406].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dellco
          It is not Google the company that you need to be worried about, it's the people behind it that call the shots and make these decisions.

          When you have a lot of power, you can do anything, even send people to the Gulag - just because you can. There is no doubt in my mind there are some twisted and very intelligent (at the same time) people in Google.

          And yes, I agree, if you depend on Google, then you have to submit to their rules, and if they want you to sit down, bark, or roll over like a dog, you have to obey them.

          It may seem crude for me to put it this way, but in essence it is the truth, and the truth often sucks.

          Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130521].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          Originally Posted by faceblogger View Post

          If a business could be burned by a google algo update, it ain't a real business.
          Totally agree, clients with real offline businesses have hardly been hit so far, perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions to that rule though (from my own experience).

          Originally Posted by faceblogger View Post

          As long as you cry about google algo changes you're not different from those key word bloggers or whoever.
          Lol indeed.

          Originally Posted by faceblogger View Post

          You can't set standards to your enemy (here it's google), they have the right to come out with the best techniques to crush you. You just need to be smart enough to face them any time.

          To be honest, I love all google updates because it throws off most of the bottom line SEOs off the game (It eliminates a lot of competition)
          Yeah it's a pitty sometimes but Google = boss. If people can't deal with it then good luck with forum and facebook spamming to drive traffic or do what Google likes most, start up a PPC campaign and go broke on it.

          I can't say I love the Google updates cause there are quite a few people I know that have been hit that lost half or whole of their income cause of it. Not that funny really.

          If I didn't know them I think I could easily say that I love the Google updates as well, it makes ranking new sites a LOT easier nowadays.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132142].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hyderkhan
          Originally Posted by faceblogger View Post

          To be honest, I love all google updates because it throws off most of the bottom line SEOs off the game (It eliminates a lot of competition)
          Agreed. And one more point to add:

          In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, the Internet is constantly evolving. And it evolves rapidly. What worked 5 years ago doesn't work today anymore. In fact, what worked 6 months ago doesn't work quite the same way anymore.

          And whatever we are doing today may even become obsolete 6 months from now.

          Heck, as far as I'm concerned, when I am searching for anything on the WarriorForum, anything that was published before April 24th, ought to be relegated to "archived" status, as a lot of the advice that people were giving about SEO on April 23rd no longer applies today, April 29th. (And I'm sure it was the same way before and after the Panda update.)


          So my point is that we need to realize that this is a rapidly evolving business... and it is, unfortunately, Darwinistic in many respects... only those with the ability to adapt will survive.
          Signature
          Looking To Help A Fellow Warrior Out.

          Need a Wordpress website built? I know Wordpress, MySQL, PHP, and even GIMP, and can help you build your website.

          I'm looking to JV with anyone with a drive to succeed. Send me a PM.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6148684].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        They should happen gradually, not suddenly slam the life out of people. If you see a pothole on your street, do you wait until it is a crater to call to have it patched? No. They could have been putting up changes as they coded them and people would have seen a gradual impact and realized what they were doing wasn't working and stopped before it became a complete delisting and loss of lively-hood.
        Actually, Google has been sending out warnings about spammy links through Webmaster Tools since last May. It wasn't until this week, almost a year later, that they took direct action against those links. I would say that is pretty gradual. People had plenty of time to react. Most just chose not to and continued doing what they were doing.
        Signature
        SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
        Get a FREE Quote.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132411].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hyderkhan
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for long-tail keyword bloggers trying to be tops for 'My kids has autism, what do I do'. That is wrong and pathetic. But there are real businesses that got burned with this.
        There are many "real" businesses out there that are earning a decent living with long-tail keyword blogs like "my kids have autism, what do I do". From what I've read on the blogosphere and here on WF in the past few days since Penguin hit, they are still in business and haven't been affected. They have survived. Maybe because they had the foresight to know that you don't just "follow the crowd" and boost your site's rankings based on blackhat techniques like building 500 forum profile signatures, 5000 social bookmarks, stuffing your website with keywords, plastering your site with Adsense ads, using one-page squeeze page sites that are a mile long, submitting a spun article to 10,000 article directories, etc.

        This is kind of like the real estate bust of 2008. Many people lost their fortunes in real estate and are looking for someone else to blame. They fell for the "everybody else is doing it" trap and tried to get in, only to get burned when they realized, too late, that the bubble would eventually bust. How many people blamed the real estate market on the banks when they should have been looking at their own budgets and not invested in a speculative manner?

        They say that the best time to buy stocks is when the market is down. In my opinion, NOW is the best time to start building new websites and getting them ranked the RIGHT WAY.

        Google has cleared away a lot of the crap and "leveled the playing field", so now we can get a fresh start.
        Signature
        Looking To Help A Fellow Warrior Out.

        Need a Wordpress website built? I know Wordpress, MySQL, PHP, and even GIMP, and can help you build your website.

        I'm looking to JV with anyone with a drive to succeed. Send me a PM.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6148637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zaco
    u still don't get the point aygabtu, why don't u answer us and let us know why u think you are entitled and Google should rank you if you are using their free service? don't you feel you are too demanding? even if you provide the best sites on the web! it is their service and they can do watever they want! get real man..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129747].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
      Originally Posted by zaco View Post

      u still don't get the point aygabtu, why don't u answer us and let us know why u think you are entitled and Google should rank you if you are using their free service? don't you feel you are too demanding? even if you provide the best sites on the web! it is their service and they can do watever they want! get real man..
      Because they control information. They tell people what the best articles are to read and the best website to go to for a given keyword or topic. Do you want China to buy up 65% of the news media in the U.S? Of course not. Why? Because they will manipulate the truth, the news, etc.
      Signature

      Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129795].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author zaco
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        Because they control information. They tell people what the best articles are to read and the best website to go to for a given keyword or topic. Do you want China to buy up 65% of the news media in the U.S? Of course not. Why? Because they will manipulate the truth, the news, etc.
        They do control everything that shows up in their search engine but people choose to use their services, I am not saying it is right or wrong but if you don't like something then you wont use it right? its like I don't like foxnews so I want them to say what I want or I will occupy them..

        If alot of people were ranking and nothing changed on your website then you wont even be pissed off from them..

        Would you be concerned about the information control if you were making 1000$ from Google? Please don't tell me yes because its obvious that everybody is mad cuze they lost their traffic.. its the fact that if you lose rankings then you are not making money and you lost your income so Google becomes the evil, they are evil but at the end of the day its take it or leave it
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6129963].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author technog33k
        Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

        Because they control information. They tell people what the best articles are to read and the best website to go to for a given keyword or topic. Do you want China to buy up 65% of the news media in the U.S? Of course not. Why? Because they will manipulate the truth, the news, etc.
        Stop whinging and whining, put the effort onto creating a real website that is worth actually being ranked and get over yourself. Crying about your loss is not going to get you anywhere here and threatening to "occupy google" is not going to get you far either. I can guarantee you there are people probably with far greater loss after the most recent updates than you.

        Grow up, learn from your mistakes and this time build 5 websites instead of 1. Stop spamming this forum with your cr** just as you have spammed cr** links that have gotten you into this position to start with.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132270].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
          Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

          Stop whinging and whining, put the effort onto creating a real website that is worth actually being ranked and get over yourself. Crying about your loss is not going to get you anywhere here and threatening to "occupy google" is not going to get you far either. I can guarantee you there are people probably with far greater loss after the most recent updates than you.

          Grow up, learn from your mistakes and this time build 5 websites instead of 1. Stop spamming this forum with your cr** just as you have spammed cr** links that have gotten you into this position to start with.
          I have quality sites and get better traffic stats than sites like facebook. I love how people assume because they complain about google that they have crap sites. Why would I build even more sites? What a moronic statement to make. I focus on quality, not quantity.

          Please show me your sites stats that come anywhere close to beating my stats. Show me any sites that comes close to beating my stats and I'll stop complaining about how bad google's algorithm changes are. These are from GA on organic traffic keywords coming to my site.

          Signature

          Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132412].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author technog33k
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            I have quality sites and get better traffic stats than sites like facebook. I love how people assume because they complain about google that they have crap sites. Why would I build even more sites? What a moronic statement to make. I focus on quality, not quantity.

            Please show me your sites stats that come anywhere close to beating my stats. Show me any sites that comes close to beating my stats and I'll stop complaining about how bad google's algorithm changes are. These are from GA on organic traffic keywords coming to my site.
            You have better traffic stats than Facebook? Nice. And you are complaining about what Google have done to you? So which part of the stats are better than Facebook's? Bounce rate? Time on site? Not really sure exactly what part you are tying to say is better than Facebook's traffic?

            Attached is an image of 1 of my sites. Site turns over in excess of $60,000 / month in direct sales in the home loan finance niche. Currently ranks #1 for many extremely competitive keywords including 50,000+ monthly searches which are the niche specific keywords. Have done now for months and still does even after the most recent update. This is just 1 of my sites.

            How is that for you?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132481].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
              My GA summary stats. Please show me a site that beats these numbers on a per user basis.


              Signature

              Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132557].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                My GA summary stats. Please show me a site that beats these numbers on a per user basis.
                Show you a website that beats it for what exactly? And what are the dates of those stats? Seems you have missed that part out of your images. Your overexaggerated statement of beating Facebook in all stats shows what you believe your own websites are. If they were making you that much revenue you would not be complaining here and threatening to "occupy Google". We can play "who has the biggest sword" all day. Ultimately, the less you complain and the more you focus on turning all of that traffic into actual sales conversions the better off you are going to be.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132585].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                  Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

                  Show you a website that beats it for what exactly? And what are the dates of those stats? Seems you have missed that part out of your images. Your overexaggerated statement of beating Facebook in all stats shows what you believe your own websites are. If they were making you that much revenue you would not be complaining here and threatening to "occupy Google". We can play "who has the biggest sword" all day. Ultimately, the less you complain and the more you focus on turning all of that traffic into actual sales conversions the better off you are going to be.
                  Really, you can't decipher the nearly 40 minute Avg Visit duration per user per day and 20 Pages/Visit stats and 10% bounce rate? I'm sure you have sites that come close to that. As far as when, these are from this month so far.

                  There are no sales. This is purely an adsense site. As far as conversions, Adwords for the month shows: 1,113 clicks, 1,073 conversions, for a conversion rate of 96.41%. Again, I don't see any site beating that stat either.
                  Signature

                  Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132676].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author SeoKnightsInc
                Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                My GA summary stats. Please show me a site that beats these numbers on a per user basis.



                WAKE UP MAN

                You are in illusion that people are really visiting 20 pages per visit with just 8% Bounce Rate. That is a simple trick to insert same analytics code more than once.

                You full image shows mere 2-3K visitors per day and you still think you beat facebook !!!!

                are you really serious !!!


                Check duplicate GA code in your site man, i too had something like that.


                One more thing here are thousands of warriors that are having much more than 2-3K traffic per day so dont boast about your traffic again else you will be blaming everyone for your mockery.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134075].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                  Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post

                  WAKE UP MAN

                  You are in illusion that people are really visiting 20 pages per visit with just 8% Bounce Rate. That is a simple trick to insert same analytics code more than once.

                  You full image shows mere 2-3K visitors per day and you still think you beat facebook !!!!

                  are you really serious !!!


                  Check duplicate GA code in your site man, i too had something like that.


                  One more thing here are thousands of warriors that are having much more than 2-3K traffic per day so dont boast about your traffic again else you will be blaming everyone for your mockery.
                  Yeah, that must be it. Lay off the crack pipe dude. I have my GA code in there once which is part of my header file. I have other sites setup the same way that don't get anywhere near the pageviews. Also how do you account for the 40 minute per visitor per day average? I guess I must be doing that myself, eh?

                  Funny guy.
                  Signature

                  Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134549].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author SeoKnightsInc
                    Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                    Yeah, that must be it. Lay off the crack pipe dude. I have my GA code in there once which is part of my header file. I have other sites setup the same way that don't get anywhere near the pageviews. Also how do you account for the 40 minute per visitor per day average? I guess I must be doing that myself, eh?

                    Funny guy.
                    The more clever Guys like you are Handled properly by Google. Poor Chap

                    Better Stats than Facebook !!! looooooooooooooool
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134583].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author dodadder
                Good job... but I can beat it...
                BTW nice bounce rate!


                Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                My GA summary stats. Please show me a site that beats these numbers on a per user basis.


                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6151405].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author technog33k
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            I have quality sites and get better traffic stats than sites like facebook. I love how people assume because they complain about google that they have crap sites. Why would I build even more sites? What a moronic statement to make. I focus on quality, not quantity.

            Please show me your sites stats that come anywhere close to beating my stats. Show me any sites that comes close to beating my stats and I'll stop complaining about how bad google's algorithm changes are. These are from GA on organic traffic keywords coming to my site.
            Here is another of my own personal sites. Holiday niche. Income in excess of $30,000 / Month from this site. My personal favourite in my own portfolio. Quality site that converts more than any site I have ever owned.

            And just so we are clear, my personal marketing company has just 4 employees. My own personal website businesses turnover in excess of $390,000 / month. I do this all day every day and I know exactly what it takes to run a quality website that actually converts into revenue. I have never run a PPC campaign since building my business. Pure SEO.

            So while you are off "Occupying Google" with your website that has "better stats than Facebook", most of us will be here working our a****s off staying on top of the game, adapting and ensuring we survive.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132564].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nik0
              Banned
              Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

              Here is another of my own personal sites. Holiday niche. Income in excess of $30,000 / Month from this site. My personal favourite in my own portfolio. Quality site that converts more than any site I have ever owned.

              And just so we are clear, my personal marketing company has just 4 employees. My own personal website businesses turnover in excess of $390,000 / month. I do this all day every day and I know exactly what it takes to run a quality website that actually converts into revenue. I have never run a PPC campaign since building my business. Pure SEO.
              Damn, nice brag
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132621].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author mosthost
                Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                Damn, nice brag
                Quite a bit of Ego in this thread.

                Mr Big Shot arguing with Mr Big Shot over who's 'high quality' website deserves to be slapped. LOL
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132664].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                  Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

                  Quite a bit of Ego in this thread.

                  Mr Big Shot arguing with Mr Big Shot over who's 'high quality' website deserves to be slapped. LOL
                  Well he asked. I showed. Still waiting to hear which part of his stats are "better than Facebook".
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132679].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
                    Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

                    Well he asked. I showed. Still waiting to hear which part of his stats are "better than Facebook".
                    His stats are pretty amazing. 39 minutes on site, a miniscule bounce rate.

                    Seems obvious that his site is 'tool' or maybe illegal downloads or something along those lines.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132696].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                      Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

                      His stats are pretty amazing. 39 minutes on site, a miniscule bounce rate.

                      Seems obvious that his site is 'tool' or maybe illegal downloads or something along those lines.
                      Yeah I have to say I agree. No date range on his images though but I will say the stats look good. I would love to see what the stats look like as of the 25th April. My original statement of stop complaining about Google still stands though. Not going to get anywhere by "occupying Google". If he is capable of building a website with stats like that then there is no reason to be whinging and whining about Google considering he has built his entire revenue model from Adsense.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132727].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                      Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

                      His stats are pretty amazing. 39 minutes on site, a miniscule bounce rate.

                      Seems obvious that his site is 'tool' or maybe illegal downloads or something along those lines.
                      or perhaps serppagerank.com?
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132768].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author mosthost
                        Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

                        or perhaps serppagerank.com?
                        Could be, but the Alexa ranking looks low. But it would make sense. If he can get most people to login, he's going to have stellar bounce rates.

                        No doubt there's no need to 'Occupy Google.' You'll be occupying a jail cell in Mountain View very fast then

                        When I read these type of threads I realize just how different everyone's view of quality really is. It's like the mothers who put their kids in beauty pageants. They always think their kid is the prettiest, no matter what the judges say! Just like webmasters.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132800].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                          Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

                          Could be, but the Alexa ranking looks low. But it would make sense. If he can get most people to login, he's going to have stellar bounce rates.

                          No doubt there's no need to 'Occupy Google.' You'll be occupying a jail cell in Mountain View very fast then

                          When I read these type of threads I realize just how different everyone's view of quality really is. It's like the mothers who put their kids in beauty pageants. They always think their kid is the prettiest, no matter what the judges say! Just like webmasters.
                          The thing for me isn't about determining a quality site from my opinion or anybody elses for that matter. At this point in time the issue is how Google sees the sites. And if people are complaining it is more than likely because they have been hit by the most recent algorithm updates. And there is not doubt a reason for this. Complaining is not going to get anybody anywhere. And that is the point I was making. Focus that effort on the websites, stop complaining and threatening Google and people will be 20% closer to getting to where they want to be. I am sure there are some that have been caught up in the algo updates that don't deserve to be. But I would say if someone has an active profile on a forum like this then there is a good chance there are a few things being done to a penalised website that have caused it's rankings to fall. Again, this does not mean everybody. But chance are pretty high that his is the case.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132828].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
                            Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

                            The thing for me isn't about determining a quality site from my opinion or anybody elses for that matter.
                            Yeah but this is exactly what this is about, Matt Cuts is some sort of dream world, he thinks that pumping off sites that look anything remotely like spam will result in "high quality websites" gaining decent rankings, but as we have seen this is not the case.

                            My on and off site stuff shows it was a great quality website, I had a bounce rate of 30%, 2.95 pv's per visitor, 20 avg comments pages page, 20 avg likes per page and tons of natural links and bookmarks, in fact I can't remember the last time I built a link to this website. The best thing I still have 10,000 of my regular readers still coming back to read the site every month.

                            Matt Cutts may enjoy spending the evening looking at his cat's arse but that doesn't mean everybody else wants to. You can say everybody is treating their sites like their child in a beauty contest but that is the same thing Matt Cutts is doing with the serps..
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133130].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                          Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

                          Could be, but the Alexa ranking looks low. But it would make sense. If he can get most people to login, he's going to have stellar bounce rates.

                          No doubt there's no need to 'Occupy Google.' You'll be occupying a jail cell in Mountain View very fast then

                          When I read these type of threads I realize just how different everyone's view of quality really is. It's like the mothers who put their kids in beauty pageants. They always think their kid is the prettiest, no matter what the judges say! Just like webmasters.

                          Alexa? Global rank is 251k. How is that low? As far as the other stats, Alexa is way off as 99% of people will agree. The GA stats come directly from google monitoring all traffic on the site.
                          Signature

                          Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133037].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Krushang Shah
                        Thanks for the post, and thanks to all the users for their replies,
                        A nice informative post
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6150331].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                    Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

                    Well he asked. I showed. Still waiting to hear which part of his stats are "better than Facebook".

                    Showed what? I clicked on your thumbnail and got tired of waiting after a minute.
                    Signature

                    Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132786].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                      Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                      Showed what? I clicked on your thumbnail and got tired of waiting after a minute.
                      Try opening the images in a new window.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132792].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                        Originally Posted by technog33k View Post

                        Try opening the images in a new window.

                        That worked. but LOL! 1.72 pages/visit? 1:23, which I assume is 1 minute 23 seconds and a bounce rate of 68%? How is that even close to my sites stats? Seriously?
                        Signature

                        Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132836].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author technog33k
                          Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                          That worked. but LOL! 1.72 pages/visit? 1:23, which I assume is 1 minute 23 seconds and a bounce rate of 68%? How is that even close to my sites stats? Seriously?
                          Did I say that the actual stats were better than yours? You asked to see stats. I showed you The only thing that got said about the stats was that your was "better than facebook". My sites are not based of Adsense revenue and are sites that are directly selling products and services just as every site in my portfolio is. I am not looking to generate $1-$2 per click on Adsense revenue or whatever you are generating. And now, you are the one complaining about Google. Focus on fixing whatever issues have made you complain instead of spending so much time doing the complaining about Google..If you choose to not only rely on their traffic but also rely on their affiliate advertising program and you have a problem with them then you need to think about how sustainable your business model actually is.

                          There are people that would kill for the amount of traffic you are getting. If you are relying on this income and are losing revenue and traffic then rethink the design of your site, stop relying on Adsense and focus the effort of improving your revenue stream instead of "Occupying Google".
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132863].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                      Here is YTD, with date range...

                      Signature

                      Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132811].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                  Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

                  Quite a bit of Ego in this thread.

                  Mr Big Shot arguing with Mr Big Shot over who's 'high quality' website deserves to be slapped. LOL

                  Not bragging. Notice I didn't post my stats right away. It was only to defend against people that assume my sites are crap.
                  Signature

                  Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132694].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                    Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                    Not bragging. Notice I didn't post my stats right away. It was only to defend against people that assume my sites are crap.
                    I never said your sites were crap. When I said stop building crap, I meant your backlinks, not your sites.
                    Signature
                    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
                    Get a FREE Quote.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134850].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Ashera
                      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                      I never said your sites were crap. When I said stop building crap, I meant your backlinks, not your sites.
                      Exactly. No one is attacking the quality of your sites, but the quality of your backlinks. You yourself said you've bought Fiverr gigs, so why are you blaming Google for your own mistake?
                      Signature
                      If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135423].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                        Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

                        Exactly. No one is attacking the quality of your sites, but the quality of your backlinks. You yourself said you've bought Fiverr gigs, so why are you blaming Google for your own mistake?

                        Sorry. How is promoting my site a mistake? Since google said it was? I am sure they'd love for me to keep spending $800/month or more forever with them on adwords because there is no way it would gain enough traction in the competitive niche it is in to break into the top 10, much less the top 5.

                        Simple rule for them to implement is to ignore crap backlinks. I am all for that. But to punish sites for doing it? I guess if I bought a billboard and posted my site link on it that would be against google's policy and I could be removed from the SERPs too, right? Companies do it ALL THE TIME! It is advertising and promotion!

                        Don't punish sites. Just don't count them!
                        Signature

                        Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135561].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Ashera
                          Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

                          Sorry. How is promoting my site a mistake? Since google said it was? I am sure they'd love for me to keep spending $800/month or more forever with them on adwords because there is no way it would gain enough traction in the competitive niche it is in to break into the top 10, much less the top 5.

                          Simple rule for them to implement is to ignore crap backlinks. I am all for that. But to punish sites for doing it? I guess if I bought a billboard and posted my site link on it that would be against google's policy and I could be removed from the SERPs too, right? Companies do it ALL THE TIME! It is advertising and promotion!

                          Don't punish sites. Just don't count them!
                          It's almost not worth bothering to respond anymore - if you take shortcuts you will eventually get screwed. You failed to follow Google Webmaster guidelines and expect them to simply ignore it. No where in the webmaster guidelines does it say you can't have a billboard, but it does specifically talk about buying links to manipulate page rank, and that's exactly what you did - and got caught for. Case closed.
                          Signature
                          If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135601].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
                            Originally Posted by Ashera View Post

                            It's almost not worth bothering to respond anymore - if you take shortcuts you will eventually get screwed. You failed to follow Google Webmaster guidelines and expect them to simply ignore it. No where in the webmaster guidelines does it say you can't have a billboard, but it does specifically talk about buying links to manipulate page rank, and that's exactly what you did - and got caught for. Case closed.
                            Like you are not guilty of violating their policy? Yeah right! Post one backlink of your site somewhere on the web and you just violated their policy and should be punished. Just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean you didn't and don't violate their policy.

                            The GOAL of Google and the reason for all their algorithm changes is to give the user the best results. SPAMMY LINKS DOES NOT EQUAL A BAD SITE. They are using flawed logic. That is my point. That and the fact that WE ALL violate their policy.
                            Signature

                            Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josephseeley
    As for the OP... I have 300 browser tabs open all on Google's homepage... OCCUPIED! They will pay!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by josephseeley View Post

      As for the OP... I have 300 browser tabs open all on Google's homepage... OCCUPIED! They will pay!
      Thanks for making me laugh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adevictus
    If you depend on Google and they bite you, it's your own fault.
    Stop the madness!
    Signature

    It's all about the money...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6130262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    What right do you have to be #1?

    Absolutely none.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6131575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
    Build new websites and regroup. It's not like your website was the friggin' Great Pyramid. Take the knowledge you have now and come back stronger than ever. Quit focusing on what you lost and focus on what you can gain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PromoDirect
    This doesn't sounds ethical... I never lost my 1st position in Google, I got replaced by another website, I must try to compete and retain my position instead of occupying Google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevin68
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132622].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author technog33k
      Originally Posted by kevin68 View Post

      Penguin Update is comming, we can adapt to the change, change yourself to GOOGLE.
      As with every Google update this is going to be the case. The Penguin Update is upon us already. Those that can adapt will survive. Those that spend all day whinging and whining and threatening Google are better off going and getting another job.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alistair
    Ok you people may have some good stats but do you think anybody cares? It reminds of of being a kid when you used to argue about whos daddy is best. Grow up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6132662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicktyler
    How has this got so far past the original topic? Apart from the aggressiveness of some members it it has nothing to do with Google and has turned into a childish slating/bragging match.

    So what was the point again?
    Signature

    1000's of IT jobs in the UK online now at Dice

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
      Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post

      How has this got so far past the original topic? Apart from the aggressiveness of some members it it has nothing to do with Google and has turned into a childish slating/bragging match.

      So what was the point again?
      It only got that way because people automatically assume and take the mentality that 'Oh, you are whining about google, your site must be crap'.
      Signature

      Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133135].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
        I think what I've learned in this case about good and bad sites is that it has nothing to do with Google Analytics but Google WMT.

        I had hobby sites and blackhat sites, the hobby ones I just posted to, they had a strong social following and then I had whitehat business sites that are for business only and mainly used paid advertising, then highly competitive blackhat sites.

        I have multiple Google analytics and Webmster tools accounts. One with a good and bad egg in the same WMT's account and it seems they both went down the pan but they didn't share the same analytics account.

        However one of the sites I think was effected by a blackhat site did share Analytics accounts with other whitehat sites and they are still ranking number #1 in Google today.

        So it seems to me like so many other webmaster that it's a Google WMTs account penalty, I would like to hear from someone that has websites in the same account and some have survived and some haven't? would be nice to know...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133379].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
          Originally Posted by dmtaylor247 View Post

          I think what I've learned in this case about good and bad sites is that it has nothing to do with Google Analytics but Google WMT.

          I had hobby sites and blackhat sites, the hobby ones I just posted to, they had a strong social following and then I had whitehat business sites that are for business only and mainly used paid advertising, then highly competitive blackhat sites.

          I have multiple Google analytics and Webmster tools accounts. One with a good and bad egg in the same account and it seems they both went down the pan but they didn't share the same analytics account.

          However one of the sites I think was effected by a blackhat site did share Analytics accounts with other whitehat sites and they are still ranking number #1 in Google today.

          So it seems to me like so many other webmaster that it's a Google WMTs account penalty, I would like to here from someone that has websites in the same account and some have survived and some haven't? would be nice to know...

          All my sites use WMT and have GA installed. Only one of them went down, so for me it is a site by site case. It was the one I was promoting heavily, but that was because it is in a very competitive niche. But that doesn't mean it was a crap site. Promoting a site does not equal a crap site. Promoting a site is just that, promoting. Just like I already do with adwords. Just like all fortune 500 companies do. I wish google would get that through their thick head!

          FYI...my time on site stats are better than Facebooks. 40 minute per day, or 20 hours per month per user. Facebook averages around 15 hours per month per user.

          Facebook Demographics Revisited – 2011 Statistics | Web Business by Ken Burbary

          Why is my site not #1? Geee.....
          Signature

          Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133422].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
            Originally Posted by aygabtu View Post

            All my sites use WMT and have GA installed. Only one of them went down, so for me it is a site by site case. It was the one I was promoting heavily, but that was because it is in a very competitive niche. But that doesn't mean it was a crap site. Promoting a site does not equal a crap site. Promoting a site is just that, promoting. Just like I already do with adwords. Just like all fortune 500 companies do. I wish google would get that through their thick head!

            FYI...my time on site stats are better than Facebooks. 40 minute per day, or 20 hours per month per user. Facebook averages around 15 hours per month per user.

            Facebook Demographics Revisited – 2011 Statistics | Web Business by Ken Burbary

            Why is my site not #1? Geee.....
            I definately see where you're coming from and can empathise although many around here just seem hell bend on gloating and making people look stupid.

            i.e; Saying to focus on content and user experience and then not rewarding that I find a little frustrating at times.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post

      How has this got so far past the original topic? Apart from the aggressiveness of some members it it has nothing to do with Google and has turned into a childish slating/bragging match.

      So what was the point again?
      That's the first stage of an occupy movement (confusion).

      Later we'll all form a virtual human pyramid in Mountain View, CA, on Google Maps.

      Things get a little sketchy from then on...
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134145].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author aygabtu
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        That's the first stage of an occupy movement (confusion).

        Later we'll all form a virtual human pyramid in Mountain View, CA, on Google Maps.

        Things get a little sketchy from then on...

        I call top!
        Signature

        Check top 300 Google SERP results free. WhatsMySERP.com tracks and graphs changes for multiple domains/keywords/regions. Also includes advanced keyword density tool.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
    One of my smaller more focused sites has;

    Bounce Rate: 6.81%
    Pages/Visit: 5.33

    Was slapped all over the place in the last Panda update.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    look at all the BIG HUGE sites you all HAD. Dont blame the penguin for the shrinkage, after all, them'is cold waters...

    but in all seriousness thou, let the waters settle before we presume our sites sunken in the abyss.
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6134219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattmactavish
    I am still shocked when I looked into the Reviews of people on the 24th April algo update. I wish to go with you but I can't be there. Hope things will be better and this rolled out algo should be reversed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6135794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gardenkeeper
    Darn, Google is not a supermarket. Earthmen want to occupy everything!
    I also wonder what you can do after occupying it, lol~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6137612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fortony
    Seriously people. Kind of a silly thing to go on about.

    I personally think Google is too big and arrogant. I have started to dislike them for different policies. For example, they wont like me choose the country I want for search, thus messing up my searches since I live in Japan. They also pissed me off with their censorship on YouTube. And this update....

    If you want to get back at them, start using other engines for search. That is what I am starting to do. Of course, it is a tiny step, but remember when IBM, Microsoft etc. were on top?

    This just might fall as fast as they rose someday. No use ranting about them though.
    Signature

    Give your glass products the strength of 9H tempered glass with Dglass Coat. https://dglasscoat.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6137804].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6150322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author inazuman
    Good and bad sites is has nothing to do with Google Analytics but Google WMT.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6180977].message }}

Trending Topics