Google- Please don't defame innocent "Penguin"

6 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Dear all Warriors,
I like to point on 1 Keyword search HGH, Broad search- 2,240,000, Exact search- 165,000 & Competition- 36,400,000.
It is short form (and popular name) of 'Human growth hormone', very hot
cake health niche, thousands of affiliate sites are there.

Now see the the search result after G Penguin- #6 is MitofskyInternational Dot Com. It is not a HGH site, it is about the "Election and Public Opinion Research Serving the Media Worldwide". No any link on HGH, no any word with HG or Human is there.

When I click on the Google's search of this website's Title "BEST 3 HGH Products - SHOCKING Truth About Growth Hormone ..."
It reach on the HGH site-1Hghproducts Dot Com
Is it redirect? First I was also think same, then I copy the url in the search result & paste in browser bar, no it is not redirect. Then how it is possible original website is on the name of Warren Mitofsky, who was an American political pollster.

What is the connection in between both?
No any redirect, no any accidentally similar word (HGH or Human growth
hormone) on that site!

Google shows title & description of HGH website but is is not same as of 1Hghproducts, URL of non HGH website & open website 1Hghproducts!

Then what is this?
Is it new algorithm, a bug or hacking?

Who knows better, I think even Google don't have answer or don't want
to disclose, if it is bug or hacking.
We all SEOs are trying to find new rules, but we can't find, if there is no any rule.

G is always for the GOD, never for Google.
SaxenaR
(SuDhanShu)
#algorithem #defame #google #innocent #penguin #search #search engine
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    Threads pointing out random search result gripes (which oddly enough, I never can seem to duplicate if people reveal the search term) belong either here:

    Adsense/PPC/SEO Discussion Forum


    Or even better just not existing. There has to be almost 100 threads on the same thing by now, all just as useful to the forum (as in not useful).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192831].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alistair
      Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

      Threads pointing out random search result gripes (which oddly enough, I never can seem to duplicate if people reveal the search term) belong either here:

      Adsense/PPC/SEO Discussion Forum


      Or even better just not existing. There has to be almost 100 threads on the same thing by now, all just as useful to the forum (as in not useful).
      There's too many of you people (what I would call know-it-alls) replying to a thread and pointing out that it's posted in the wrong place, in your opinion, and just because it's something you don't want to read it doesn't mean other people don't want to.

      It's quite obvious what the thread is about by the title so if you're not interested then don't click on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Billy Levin
        Originally Posted by alistair View Post

        There's too many of you people (what I would call know-it-alls) replying to a thread and pointing out that it's posted in the wrong place, in your opinion, and just because it's something you don't want to read it doesn't mean other people don't want to.

        It's quite obvious what the thread is about by the title so if you're not interested then don't click on it.
        So, to clarify, you want all of the different sections in this forum to be redundant? That's pretty much what you're saying, isn't it?

        Keeping the forum clean and organised improves the readability for old and new members alike; this is why people who post in the wrong section will be redirected somewhere else.

        Besides, if these types of posts were in the correct section, they will come across a lot more people interested in that topic and will therefore receive more knowledgable answers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192897].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author alistair
          Originally Posted by Billy Levin View Post

          So, to clarify, you want all of the different sections in this forum to be redundant? That's pretty much what you're saying, isn't it?

          Keeping the forum clean and organised improves the readability for old and new members alike; this is why people who post in the wrong section will be redirected somewhere else.

          Besides, if these types of posts were in the correct section, they will come across a lot more people interested in that topic and will therefore receive more knowledgable answers.
          Ok so you make a good point and I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, and so did the other chap, even though this isn't my thread.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author saxenar
      Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

      Threads pointing out random search result gripes (which oddly enough, I never can seem to duplicate if people reveal the search term) belong either here:

      Adsense/PPC/SEO Discussion Forum


      Or even better just not existing. There has to be almost 100 threads on the same thing by now, all just as useful to the forum (as in not useful).
      Dear Joe,
      Hello.
      It is my 1st post as I am a newbie here, and may be I post in wrong, section, which I want to correct. I want to do correction/transfer my issue in the related section.
      But I am not asking any question I raised a issue of Google's behavior with all websites. So I don't think Adsense/PPC/SEO Discussion Forum is suitable section.
      I respect your seniority in WF as well as in the SEO/IM, as I am new in all.
      I will happy to get your advice & follow that too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6193719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    No. The problem is that there are too many people like you who disregard the rules

    2. Post in the appropriate section of the board. Questions about SEO or posts asking for advice on specific products belong in other areas. Not Main Discussion. Post them here and they're more likely to be deleted than moved.
    Posts about Google, SEO, and all of the whining about the Penguin update (and lets face it, that is all this is) belongs in the SEO subforum.

    Do you know why all of us come into these threads to tell you it is in the wrong place? We are trying to prevent your crap from disappearing, you not knowing why, and then becoming an even bigger whiner with the "Why was my thread deleted?" crap.
    It's quite obvious what the thread is about by the title so if you're not interested then don't click on it.
    Myself and others are interested in keeping the forum clean and organized, so unfortunately we are forced to click on your threads. Since you can't recognize an olive branch when it is given to you though I'll make a note to just hit the triangle on your post and watch it disappear.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192888].message }}

Trending Topics