how powerful is a pr7 blog comment link?

51 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have found two PR7 AA blog comment links with OBL of 60 on the page. Now I placed two links on each of these something like "keyword" and "click to buy "keyword". 4 links ttoal. Firstly the sites moved afew spots higher overnight and now this morning it has totally vanished from the SERPS. I have heard of a google dance but this is worrying me. Any suggestions guys?
#blog #comment #link #powerful #pr7
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    The best solution in times like this is to continue building back links instead of lamenting, there are a number of things that can make a site disappear from the radar. How sure are you the few comment you made is responsible for it.

    Even if it is, since you can not reverse the situation, the only option left is to focus on building more quality links.......
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashera
      Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

      Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now
      If you did this in the last 2 days probably less than 10 percent of them are indexed as of right now. How old is your site?
      Signature
      If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're going.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194738].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author glock67
      Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

      Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now
      you should slow down so the links will appear natural to google
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
        Originally Posted by glock67 View Post

        you should slow down so the links will appear natural to google
        100 links is nothing to worry about since they'll be indexed over time and not all at once. Even then, 100 is minuscule when you think about other sites getting thousands of links a day without any issues.

        The only thing to worry about is if there's a lot of spammy links on the same page. I wouldn't want to be sharing link juice with "questionable at best" sites.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jhonybravo222
      Yeah you have overdone secondly you build the link in PR 2 and PR 7 sites but there should be variation in the PR of sites with whom you are going to build the links.
      Signature
      online shopping for panel screen divider and shoji screen divider for your rooms at legacydecors.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6218074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sovereignn
      Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

      Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now
      Haha I do this everyday trust me you didn't over do it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    1 1/2 years old. Position 27 in google.co.uk before it vanished. Did some major jumps after penguin, 62,90,43,65,32,29,27 vanished
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JKflipflop
    Please cut down your pace first - So many High PR links and that too in such a small time frame, just at the outset of a recent Google update - you're calling for trouble!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6199473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SarahMcCrary
    What's the age of your domain? Google dance depends on the age of domain. If your domain is older then 6 months, you need to start worrying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6199616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Is the comment page really PR7? Or just the main index page?
      Rarely does a comment page like that get anything.

      If that comment page really is PR7, with 60 links, outbound
      does not matter, the PR is theoretically divided by 60.
      If PR juice is what you are after, you get more juice by
      being the only link on a PR1.

      60 outbound links on a comment page is a spammed-to-death-page.

      Google has already made their thoughts very clear on comment
      pages.

      Yes, authority is a different matter. A sig link at the WF, even with
      a zillion, does get a little authority. A PR7 page can have zero
      authority.

      I would skip the comment page, unless you just want to entertain
      yourself.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6199654].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author allsystems
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        Is the comment page really PR7? Or just the main index page?
        Rarely does a comment page like that get anything.

        If that comment page really is PR7, with 60 links, outbound
        does not matter, the PR is theoretically divided by 60.
        If PR juice is what you are after, you get more juice by
        being the only link on a PR1.

        60 outbound links on a comment page is a spammed-to-death-page.

        Google has already made their thoughts very clear on comment
        pages.

        Yes, authority is a different matter. A sig link at the WF, even with
        a zillion, does get a little authority. A PR7 page can have zero
        authority.

        I would skip the comment page, unless you just want to entertain
        yourself.

        Paul
        Its a real PR7 with a nofollow where my link is on. There are 63 links on the comments today. Is the OBL really that important? 60 dosent sounds that spammed to me. I have seen a blog with 30k comments before. If everyone is so picky about OBL how do you find any links? It would take weeks just to find 100 high PR links
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6199695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    Oh yeh and I just want an increase in SERPS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6199698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 27coupons
    Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

    I have found two PR7 AA blog comment links with OBL of 60 on the page. Now I placed two links on each of these something like "keyword" and "click to buy "keyword". 4 links ttoal. Firstly the sites moved afew spots higher overnight and now this morning it has totally vanished from the SERPS. I have heard of a google dance but this is worrying me. Any suggestions guys?
    Stay away from page where OBL is higher you never get anything out of it in long term.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6199923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    I dont know if I agree. Before I learnt scrapebox I got a quote from a member on here for high pr blog comments. He said 3 PR7, 30 PR6, 100 each of PR5,4,3 and 2 would cost me $500. He also said it would be mixture of nofollow/dofollow and the higher PR would likely be nofollow. The PR7 had an average of over 1k links. I dont know who to believe. ANyone done any experiment on this or any detailed thread showing that linkjuice gets diluted with more links on page?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    Also for anyone interested my site is moving upwards slowly. In SERPS checker it is showing as 48 but it came back as 26 in manual check and now vanished again. Iv done nothing but nofollow high pr links so Im not too sure about the whole "nofollow dont help serps" argument. I hope someone shows me a thread with some research or an experiemnt of some sort to prove otherwise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manuel Aguirre
    dont worry buddy is the google dance, just continue building more high PR links to your page!!

    regards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    Have begun looking at internal site structure as I want to redesign this website and I have realised that linkjuice is diluted i.e PR of page / number of external links to other sites. So the theory that higher OBL sites will harm you really isnt that true. The "linkjuice" will just be diluted with everyone else. Having said that, there no way I would ever comment on anything with more then 500 OBL to my money site and I try to keep it at 100 to make sure I get good quality link juice. Regards to other people on the blog who comment "buy porn" "buy viagra" etc I dont know if that is crucuail. The reason I say this is because I could leave a comment at comment number 21 and then someone next week leaves a comment at number 43 with "porn". I have no control over that. I am also experimenting with links towards the top op blog comments. I dont know if its the link juice or simply because the comment is placed higher towards the page that causes a higher increase in SERPS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

      Have begun looking at internal site structure as I want to redesign this website and I have realised that linkjuice is diluted i.e PR of page / number of external links to other sites. So the theory that higher OBL sites will harm you really isnt that true. The "linkjuice" will just be diluted with everyone else. Having said that, there no way I would ever comment on anything with more then 500 OBL to my money site and I try to keep it at 100 to make sure I get good quality link juice. Regards to other people on the blog who comment "buy porn" "buy viagra" etc I dont know if that is crucuail. The reason I say this is because I could leave a comment at comment number 21 and then someone next week leaves a comment at number 43 with "porn". I have no control over that. I am also experimenting with links towards the top op blog comments. I dont know if its the link juice or simply because the comment is placed higher towards the page that causes a higher increase in SERPS
      You have some control if the comments pointing directly at your site are from moderated blogs. As long as it's an active blog and you're leaving good comments you'll get plenty of them approved.

      I know a lot of people avoid moderated blogs but I personally prefer them since there's usually a very low amount of outbound links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6201178].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ThatAblaze
      Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

      Have begun looking at internal site structure as I want to redesign this website and I have realised that linkjuice is diluted i.e PR of page / number of external links to other sites. So the theory that higher OBL sites will harm you really isnt that true. The "linkjuice" will just be diluted with everyone else.
      What you are talking about here is the simple, overarching picture. However, Big G is anything but simple when it comes to their method for determining the rank of a site. There is a part of the equation looking for "spammy" link sources, and comment pages with lots of comments and OBL are spammy.

      Big G can tell it's a comment page, Big G can tell there are lots of other links, Big G can and will slap your site if you continue to use these sources. Big G doesn't want you to think of ways to send out higher quality spam, it wants you to think of ways to attract visitors.

      If you had found that a real person clicked on one of these links, would you be surprised? If so then you are setting yourself up for a fall. I would be surprised if any real person ever clicked on link #27/100 that said "try my product" on a random blog.

      Blog commenting is not what people mean when they talk about "high quality links."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6203799].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
        Originally Posted by ThatAblaze View Post

        What you are talking about here is the simple, overarching picture. However, Big G is anything but simple when it comes to their method for determining the rank of a site. There is a part of the equation looking for "spammy" link sources, and comment pages with lots of comments and OBL are spammy.

        Big G can tell it's a comment page, Big G can tell there are lots of other links, Big G can and will slap your site if you continue to use these sources. Big G doesn't want you to think of ways to send out higher quality spam, it wants you to think of ways to attract visitors.

        If you had found that a real person clicked on one of these links, would you be surprised? If so then you are setting yourself up for a fall. I would be surprised if any real person ever clicked on link #27/100 that said "try my product" on a random blog.

        Blog commenting is not what people mean when they talk about "high quality links."
        I've seen plenty of traffic generated from comments. However, these comments AREN'T on pages with tons of other comments.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allsystems
    Thanks for the support guys. Site has totally vanished again. Im not too worried it keeps popping in and out of google and it hasnt been deindexed or anything. Just built a few (10 or so) high pr links today. Make it look more natural than bombarding 100 everyday
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6201689].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

      Thanks for the support guys. Site has totally vanished again. Im not too worried it keeps popping in and out of google and it hasnt been deindexed or anything. Just built a few (10 or so) high pr links today. Make it look more natural than bombarding 100 everyday
      I still wouldn't really worry about 100. You're vanishing because Google is trying to figure out where to rank you. It'll stabilize over time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6203539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kragsig
    Pagerank checker :Google SERPs checker: results many countries Google Pagerank SERPs index results web SEO tools
    Maybe you can find it here, but not visually (crazy but true)
    A faster way to get the page visible is by bookmarking, with e.g. onlywire (free).

    No worries I have tried it several times
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6202154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThatAblaze
    I also get 4 or 5 people clicking on my comments a week, but I put them on moderated sites and make them either interesting or at least on point. I always read the article in question before commenting, and then contribute to the discussion. That is a quality link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uoftenwinny
    Right, build more quality backlinks and unique contents.
    Google likes unique but not duplicate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6211363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brandonthomas
    Banned
    Leaving comments often on blogs, it is a good way to increase the amount of inbound links pointing to your site's pages.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6212431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    I agree with several comments above. You are moving around because G is trying to see where to rank your site after they most likely found some of the links.

    You are probably dancing. Keep building good quality links...you should be fine.

    -Omar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6212464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rizoalbert
    Don't worry just try to build these type of good links it'll be back soon.You are right its because of google dancing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6217596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edegreeusa
    Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

    I have found two PR7 AA blog comment links with OBL of 60 on the page. Now I placed two links on each of these something like "keyword" and "click to buy "keyword". 4 links ttoal. Firstly the sites moved afew spots higher overnight and now this morning it has totally vanished from the SERPS. I have heard of a google dance but this is worrying me. Any suggestions guys?
    Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

    Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now
    Allsystems,

    Now what Google is doing is a daily dance and fooling oneself by creating spam links will not be left by Google as today or tomorrow you will be penalized as that's what happened with you. You posted useless comment by hyperlinking a keyword and then writing click to buy 'hyperlinked keyword'. If you would have linked just one keyword and made a genuine personal comment to the point to the blog post then I am sure your ranking would just have risen. The penguin update is the clear message that no more unnatural link building will be accepted. However as far as blog commenting is concerned it still works, I can assure this.

    There are several ways to raise rankings and I would suggest you choose the difficult but promising path rather than the easy path that could drop you anywhere.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6218332].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by edegreeusa View Post

      Allsystems,

      Now what Google is doing is a daily dance and fooling oneself by creating spam links will not be left by Google as today or tomorrow you will be penalized as that's what happened with you. You posted useless comment by hyperlinking a keyword and then writing click to buy 'hyperlinked keyword'. If you would have linked just one keyword and made a genuine personal comment to the point to the blog post then I am sure your ranking would just have risen. The penguin update is the clear message that no more unnatural link building will be accepted. However as far as blog commenting is concerned it still works, I can assure this.

      There are several ways to raise rankings and I would suggest you choose the difficult but promising path rather than the easy path that could drop you anywhere.

      Thanks
      Which is why I'm commenting on moderated blogs almost exclusively. Pointing comments from auto approve blogs directly at your main site is pretty risky. You never quite know who you're going to be sharing link space with. Moderated blogs are a bit safer since the blog owner has to approve each comment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6218913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author puvanahim
    I got some idea that good

    Thank you very much
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6220136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hirithk
    hai
    you should slow down the links
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6222033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
    Originally Posted by allsystems View Post

    Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now


    Too many 3/4 per week is sufficient
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6223345].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by dmtaylor247 View Post



      Too many 3/4 per week is sufficient
      3-4 a week? That is nothing.

      100 is absolutely fine. Even 100 is a VERY small # compared to plenty of other sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6236201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ysb888
    If that link is nofollow, then I think it doesn't affect your page ranking. I think this problem is caused by other factors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6223383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
      Originally Posted by ysb888 View Post

      If that link is nofollow, then I think it doesn't affect your page ranking. I think this problem is caused by other factors.
      They're not, he's a dofollow commenter/link builder, just be careful.. these links are really powerful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6223467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bswanson
    I wouldn't be too worried about the two AA blogs that you mentioned affecting your rankings. It sounds like a coincidence being that your site dropped rankings the next day, the likely-hood that your comments were even indexed at that point are extremely low.

    You should review other factors when trying to find the cause of your drop.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6237321].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by bswanson View Post

      I wouldn't be too worried about the two AA blogs that you mentioned affecting your rankings. It sounds like a coincidence being that your site dropped rankings the next day, the likely-hood that your comments were even indexed at that point are extremely low.

      You should review other factors when trying to find the cause of your drop.
      Good point. It generally takes more than a day to get a backlink indexed and a site shifted due to that backlink.

      And again, 100 a day is nothing compared to what others are doing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    Being's it's nofollow, I doubt this is the issue. That PR7 link gives you no SEO benefit in Google.

    Just make sure to not use the same anchor text too many times. Mix it up a lot more. Use more "click here" or entire URL as the link... or just use your name for blog comments.
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6242764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author acec0de
    WOW I wander how you find the time to build 100 links a day, you should slow down building organic links over time is better than blasting and then you run a risk of being sandboxed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6865778].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by acec0de View Post

      WOW I wander how you find the time to build 100 links a day, you should slow down building organic links over time is better than blasting and then you run a risk of being sandboxed
      100 is still relatively small compared to what others are doing. I'd prefer quality over quantity. But 100 still isn't much.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Wallace
    The number of backlink for high PR sits should not be too more in short time. it is my viewpoint. The higher PR, the stricter.
    Signature

    So crazy about Neodymium Magnets.
    So crazy for Meuble salle de bain and Wholesale Chinese Products.
    So cazy about Toy Bus Model

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6865859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Why do old threads get dug up? To cargo on more nonsense?

      Originally Posted by Tim Wallace View Post

      The number of backlink for high PR sits should not be too more in short time. it is my viewpoint. The higher PR, the stricter.
      Does that include no less than 4 links in your sig? I'd slow the pace
      down here on commenting and posting....you know....high
      number = penalty, right?

      Back to reality.

      If the nonsense you say was true, you would not be cramming sig links
      here, and, you would have to put a sign on your site with linking instructions:

      "Please don't link to me. I need to keep a close watch on the number
      of backlinks and I can't risk other people linking to me and messing me
      up with penalties and stuff...and if you have a high PR sire, PLEASE do
      not link to me. I need to be strict."

      Originally Posted by Bestseller91 View Post

      Are you a jerk?
      ROTFLMAO!

      I'd like to see anybody post a real PR7 blog post that has dozens of
      spammed comments and links. I'll be riding my unicorn when I see it.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yaduvanshi
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6865912].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bolocancristian
      Im not sure at all. I am worried because I am thinking that I have overdone it. I have done 100 manual PR2-PR7 blog comments in last 2 days. I think I have to just continue building the links now
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6865926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Suir1980
    Depends on whether or not there are 10,000 other comments / outbound links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869239].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You guys worry too much about little things. Google could care less If the link is in content or a comment.

    He$$ this entire forum is nothing more than comments, yet most people spam the he$$ out of it with forum sigs. It's like your on both sides of the fence at the same time (pick a side). :rolleyes:

    Now a link at the bottom of a page is something else. I do believe Google favors above the fold for most on-page SEO. Still, a comment on a blog is no big deal. Obviously you don't want 700 (or whatever) out-bound links on a single page.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vivers
    Sounds like a lot of backlinks to me but I build them so slowly myself. I agree with most and concur you should continue to build but make it a smaller amount and slower. Also try to find low OBL as you can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whiterock
    You should keep your pace slow because there is a chance to get in trouble by google if you have a very fast pace
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    Personally, I avoid blog comments at all cost to my money sites. I find blog comments are only good for my 2nd tier links.

    And if these are wordpress blogs, chances are it is nofollow anyhow... unless they use comment luv plugin.
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6869436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samung19
    Better to build 100 links over the course of a month than in a couple of days. Slow down, and mis it up with other link types - also make sure you are varying your anchor more than two types of keywords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6872913].message }}

Trending Topics