Morons Still Spamming Blogs

45 replies
  • SEO
  • |
My blogs are still getting bombarded by Scrapebox, No Hands SEO..... you'd think with all the press about Penguin, these idiots would learn something?
#blogs #morons #spamming
  • Profile picture of the author sovereignn
    Originally Posted by TheProgrammer View Post

    My blogs are still getting bombarded by Scrapebox, No Hands SEO..... you'd think with all the press about Penguin, these idiots would learn something?
    I still rank websites perfectly fine using blog comments...



    They used to work and.... They still work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260026].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blue445nm
      Originally Posted by sovereignn View Post

      I still rank websites perfectly fine using blog comments...

      hes talking about spam comments with bl's
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260028].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by Blue445nm View Post

        hes talking about spam comments with bl's
        They are ALL spam comments when they have backlinks. :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6266421].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jwmann2
        Nearly every blog is nofollow, so why waste your time unless the blog gets tons of traffic? Especially those spammy Blogger domains. Commenting on those are useless.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272310].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
          Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post

          Nearly every blog is nofollow, so why waste your time unless the blog gets tons of traffic? Especially those spammy Blogger domains. Commenting on those are useless.
          Which is why a tool like Scrapebox is essential. I still have nightmares about trying to find DoFollow blogs - one by one using a plugin - via manual searches.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281158].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nik0
            Banned
            Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

            Which is why a tool like Scrapebox is essential. I still have nightmares about trying to find DoFollow blogs - one by one using a plugin - via manual searches.
            Even with scrapebox it's a hell.

            And the hell starts with scraping millions of url's, removing the duplicates and being left with a few hundred thousand when lucky. Then testing it for autoapprove with a 0.2% success rate. Assuming we have 200.000 url's that leaves us with 400 url's.

            Then using the addon tool to check if they are dofollow or nofollow, about 90% is nofollow. So that leaves us with 40 autoapprove dofollow url's.

            And then we haven't even filtered on PR or Outbound links yet. I've seen that many commentluv blogs turned into nofollow as well.

            Personally I just buy a PR3+ list with 100 url's on different domains and let my VA comment on those cause Scrapebox can't cause of registering to post a comment first.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281182].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
              Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

              Even with scrapebox it's a hell.

              And the hell starts with scraping millions of url's, removing the duplicates and being left with a few hundred thousand when lucky. Then testing it for autoapprove with a 0.2% success rate. Assuming we have 200.000 url's that leaves us with 400 url's.

              Then using the addon tool to check if they are dofollow or nofollow, about 90% is nofollow. So that leaves us with 40 autoapprove dofollow url's.

              And then we haven't even filtered on PR or Outbound links yet. I've seen that many commentluv blogs turned into nofollow as well.

              Personally I just buy a PR3+ list with 100 url's on different domains and let my VA comment on those cause Scrapebox can't cause of registering to post a comment first.
              If you're looking for auto approve blogs there's a few tricks to increase your success rate. Mainly copying and searching for the comments of others. Since most are fairly lazy and don't spin their comments. So you could potentially find thousands of other blogs with just a handful of comments. (I search for about 5,000 at a time though.)

              Again, you're not going to find high quality blogs by any means.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6285349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheProgrammer
      Originally Posted by sovereignn View Post

      I still rank websites perfectly fine using blog comments...



      They used to work and.... They still work
      Are you sure that you're not kidding?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260043].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sovereignn
        Originally Posted by TheProgrammer View Post

        Are you sure that you're not kidding?
        100% sure.

        I post on High PR low obl blogs works pretty well
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260227].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author zannix
          Originally Posted by sovereignn View Post

          100% sure.

          I post on High PR low obl blogs works pretty well
          Exactly how I do it Just post a comment that is actually relevant to the topic and contributes to the conversation so it diminishes the chances of it being deleted, and insert the link either in the comment itself (in a form of signature, behind your name) or in your profile name. Voila!
          Signature
          All you can do is all you can do - Art Williams
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6265939].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
            Originally Posted by zannix View Post

            Exactly how I do it Just post a comment that is actually relevant to the topic and contributes to the conversation so it diminishes the chances of it being deleted, and insert the link either in the comment itself (in a form of signature, behind your name) or in your profile name. Voila!
            This is a MUCH better method than blasting away blindly.

            And it doesn't take many of these + a few other types of links to rank for low competition keywords.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6270965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by TheProgrammer View Post

    My blogs are still getting bombarded by Scrapebox, No Hands SEO..... you'd think with all the press about Penguin, these idiots would learn something?
    Lol, they didn't get the Google memo.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260053].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author howto
    The good thing about someone spamming your blog is that they leave you their URL in the comment.

    Personally I like to head over to their blog and return the favour anonymously. The best ones are ones with auto approve comments you can really f*** up their day. Some tosser left me 50 comments on my blog one time that were spun crap spam and I had to delete them all and I was in a bad mood anyway. So I went over to his auto approve comment blog (which was crap) and spammed the hell out of his blog telling all his visitors that he was a low life spammer and that his site was s*** and PR0.

    Moral of the story is that spamming is bad and when you spam its not just Google you piss off. Think about other webmasters too. No one wants their blog spammed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eurekapsycrille
    The sad truth remains that whatever algorithm update rolls by Google, those spammers will always find their way to get to the game without entering the right entrance gate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    If you do it right, Scrapebox can still provide some short term benefits. (I can rank YT videos pretty easily with about 5,000 AA links. 75%/25% DoFollow/NoFollow though.)

    But I'd much prefer to leave GOOD / MANUAL comments on high quality blogs. Especially when I'm pointing them directly at my site. You're playing with fire if you're blasting away blindly with an automated tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marc_L
      Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

      If you do it right, Scrapebox can still provide some short term benefits. (I can rank YT videos pretty easily with about 5,000 AA links. 75%/25% DoFollow/NoFollow though.)

      But I'd much prefer to leave GOOD / MANUAL comments on high quality blogs. Especially when I'm pointing them directly at my site. You're playing with fire if you're blasting away blindly with an automated tool.
      With youtube there is tremendous domain trust so the spam won't be a problem. You skip the negative aspect of blog spam and gain the positive.
      Signature

      Want answers to your SEO questions? Check out our library of FAQ's. Good luck and happy ranking!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261538].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
        Originally Posted by Marc_L View Post

        With youtube there is tremendous domain trust so the spam won't be a problem. You skip the negative aspect of blog spam and gain the positive.
        Correct. Which is why I'll still point these types of links at high authority sites that can drive traffic back to my main site or an offer. I'm not a gigantic fan of these types of links. But I'll admit that pointing them at YouTube videos still works pretty well at this time.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6265556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vivers
    I enjoy actually reading blogs and leaving relevant comments for the blog with a helpful bs link as well. I also have to delete spam type comments n my sites blog as well. Some weird stuff gets through sometimes for sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeanneLynn
    I thought that Google will penalize a site for this now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6260679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yellowtaxi
    My blogs are still getting bombarded by Scrapebox, No Hands SEO..... you'd think with all the press about Penguin, these idiots would learn something?

    Who knows if these idiots are ruining their sites or sites of their competitors doing negative seo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scottmacair
      Lol blasting scrapebox links is just a very bad idea. Totally unnatural and easily recognized as spam.

      I use scrapebox to find high PR niche blogs with low OBL's - this method has some value.

      Even better, just search for blogs in your niche and join the discussion. If you add value there's a good chance the blog owner will allow you to guest blog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc_L
    Perhaps people are spamming their competitor links in hopes of tanking their sites.
    Signature

    Want answers to your SEO questions? Check out our library of FAQ's. Good luck and happy ranking!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicktyler
    For the hardcore spammers who only know this method and have relied on it for so long it can be hard to let go.

    Maybe they are just carrying on in the hope that it will still work and they won't have to start doing some real work.
    Signature

    1000's of IT jobs in the UK online now at Dice

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scottmacair
      Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post

      For the hardcore spammers who only know this method and have relied on it for so long it can be hard to let go.

      Maybe they are just carrying on in the hope that it will still work and they won't have to start doing some real work.
      This is why I like Penguin - the industry is better off without lazy, reckless link builders occupying top spots by blasting out spam links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicktyler
    ^^^ Mike, I don't think the issue is over weather blog commenting still works. It does.

    The problem is after everything that has happened people still insist on blasting out crappy, obvious spam and must at least beleive that it might work or they would not be doing it?
    Signature

    1000's of IT jobs in the UK online now at Dice

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6261724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeWike
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6262936].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mosthost
        Originally Posted by MikeWike View Post

        Well, spamming web2.0s with blog comments WORKS! Believe me or not, but this is one of the best strategies after penguin..
        LOL, it is easy to believe
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6266289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicktyler
    If you say it works then I belive you. But for how long will it work.

    Lets not forget that it was only a few weeks ago that spamming fiverr gigs, scrapebox blasts and BMR style to money sites worked. There were many WSO's offering these type of services and look where lots of the sites that did that are now.
    Signature

    1000's of IT jobs in the UK online now at Dice

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6263045].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6266233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RevSEO
    As others have mentioned, those links can be effective for those spamming IF they know what they are doing.

    Some don't have a clue, and others actually have a gameplan. Having said that, I don't recommend it for anyone though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6266318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mco65
    There is an impression, whether true or not, that any time Google does one of their algo updates, SE results will change for a short time.. Eventually, your old tried and true SEO methods of SPAM, SPAM and more SPAM will win out and your sites will recover...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6271000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

      There is an impression, whether true or not, that any time Google does one of their algo updates, SE results will change for a short time.. Eventually, your old tried and true SEO methods of SPAM, SPAM and more SPAM will win out and your sites will recover...
      I'm not quite sure I follow.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6272133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaseyp
    Blog comments can still be useful if they're on high pr sites and are relevant and add value to the blog.

    Even blasting out blog comments to get backlinks to your backlinks can still be useful for seo after the Penguin update. But you need to know how to do it the right way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Droopy Dawg
    Use Scrapebox to link to your tier 2 and 3... works great.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6281898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quercus5
    You would think they would but there will always be web spam. Unfortunately things like Scrapebox are probably here to stay for a while.
    Signature

    FREE WSO Ebook: Offline Marketing Vault ($17 Value): Download Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6282298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author honestbiz
      No, these guys are spamming either throw-away sites or Web 2.0s. Logical.

      And besides, since Web 2.0s received such a big boost, it looks like it is perfectly fine to spam the sh*t out of throw-away Web 2.0 pages you just made. It doesn't hurt to create more sh*tty Tumblr or Squidoo sites now and then go on a spamming rampage.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6282412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uoftenwinny
    It's still a long way to go for us i think.
    My blogs are not good ranking too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6283324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
    All auto approve blogs eventually degenerate to a state of nothingness, don't they? Some of them must have thousands of backlinks up until the point where the owner wakes up from his slumber of the page stops loading because it's too big.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6285405].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

      All auto approve blogs eventually degenerate to a state of nothingness, don't they? Some of them must have thousands of backlinks up until the point where the owner wakes up from his slumber of the page stops loading because it's too big.
      Sometimes, yeah.

      Which is why I'm absolutely in favor of leaving quality comments on moderated blogs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6288342].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        I tried the harvesting based on comments some time ago indeed, it works but it are 99% of the time diehard spammed blogs.

        At some point I had a nice list of like 100.000 url's to comment on, not sorted on do/nofollow though. (well nice, overly spammed but at least it was auto approve), then I didn't use it for a while and 3 weeks later only 30.000 were still autoapprove, another 2 months passed by and the list was reduced to 5.000.

        That's how fast it go's so for me it's really not worth it. Personally I prefer to use something like Backlinkbooster, it doesn't give a huge boost really but it helps in some way. At least it's ten times better then things like Lindexed, Linklicious, BacklinkIndexer and a dozen others cause these can't even get a single link indexed.

        Without kidding, some time ago I builded 1000 web2.0's with Senukex, without doing anything I got 30 out of 1000 indexed in a natural way (how terrible isn't it). Then I decided it needed some boostings, so I bought 20k wiki links, 20k forum profiles, 20k blogcomments, and runned it through those 3 index services that I just mentioned.

        Guess what, a month later 150 out of 1000 got indexed. Pretty poor again.

        Funny thing is that with the manually made web2.0s that we customize a bit we get an indexrate of about 45% after 1-1.5 month, without building a single link to them. And about 30% indexrate within 1.5-2 weeks.

        Since then I decided to give up on SenukeX as well cause natural index of 30 out of 1000 opposed to 45 out of 100 when done manually just doesn't make sense.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6288465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markowe
    Spamming blogs is the lowest of the low, short of sending spam email. I don't know how you people live with yourselves, but then I guess you have managed to rationalise it somehow. Doesn't change the fact you are a common spammer, though, loathed by all.
    Signature

    Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6285439].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by markowe View Post

      Spamming blogs is the lowest of the low, short of sending spam email. I don't know how you people live with yourselves, but then I guess you have managed to rationalise it somehow. Doesn't change the fact you are a common spammer, though, loathed by all.
      Have to admit it was quiet frustrating to see my site had received 20.000 comments in only a few weeks cause I forgot to put comments and askimet off lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6288478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vivers
    I totally agree with these auto type systems being terrible but, I do do blog comments on my own and actually read and make relevant remarks along with gaining a back link. Works fine that way. I don't believe they will get in trouble from the penguin update other then there links might be worthless otherwise competitors could just game the system with spammy links pointed to your site, correct? I thought google told everybody that a long time ago. It's more onsite SEO stuff the can regulate and hammer the way I understand it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6288505].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by Vivers View Post

      I totally agree with these auto type systems being terrible but, I do do blog comments on my own and actually read and make relevant remarks along with gaining a back link. Works fine that way. I don't believe they will get in trouble from the penguin update other then there links might be worthless otherwise competitors could just game the system with spammy links pointed to your site, correct? I thought google told everybody that a long time ago. It's more onsite SEO stuff the can regulate and hammer the way I understand it.
      Unfortunately this has been starting to happen. (Competitors throwing thousands of low quality links @ sites to get them penalized.) Google has been slow to do anything about it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6376084].message }}

Trending Topics