Is it panda or penguin or something else?

9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey guys,

My site also penalized badly. But I am not sure whether it is Panda or penguin or something else. Can anyone please tell me that whether I can recover my site or should I start with a new domain?

Here is the details

I got unnatural link message in WMT on Mar 29. After 1 week my site throwed from front page to #600+ positions . Is it penguin or something else?

I am targeting around 6 keywords on homepage. Now 2 keywords showing homepage on around #50 to #70 the positions (But google is showing first paragraph of the content as description instead of my actual meta description). Main keywods are showing home page on 66th page(last page I think) of google or beyond #600 th positions but one inner page having few backlinks is ranking around #50 positions for most keywords.
btw I have sent a reconsideration request on april but it denied.
What kind of penalty is this? I am patiently waiting since 2 months.

Site have around 50 pages but no duplicate or crap content.

according to wmt my homepage have around 998 backlinks. But opensite explorer shows 552 links and traffic travis is showing around 14k backlinks. (99% are poiting to homepage)

Is waiting even more worth? or should I start with a new domain? considering my niche is very easy and it will only take 1 or 2 months to get a front page ranking.

Thanks in advance
#panda #penguin
  • Profile picture of the author jakecoop79
    What was the reason your reconsideration request was denied?

    I think most people see Panda about on page stuff and penguin as backlink related. So based on the WMT notice you got, it sounds like penguin got you.

    You might recover your site over time, but not easily or quickly. Since you say your niche is easy, then I would probably start over and be more careful with your link building. But it's hard to know for sure without seeing the site or the backlinks.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6358357].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maheshr
      Originally Posted by jakecoop79 View Post

      What was the reason your reconsideration request was denied?

      I think most people see Panda about on page stuff and penguin as backlink related. So based on the WMT notice you got, it sounds like penguin got you.

      You might recover your site over time, but not easily or quickly. Since you say your niche is easy, then I would probably start over and be more careful with your link building. But it's hard to know for sure without seeing the site or the backlinks.
      I said I cannot remove the backlinks because they are out of control, I don't know who built that links, may be competetors etc. But they rejected the request and says they are still seing unnatural links pointing to my website.

      I also think it is penguin but I got the message and my sit got penalized before the penguin was released(Mar 29). I am also thinking to start over with a new domain but I don't want to lose my domain. Thats why I have waited 2 months
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6362069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author avajo71
    Rank some youtube videos for your website with help you solve the traffic problem..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6362158].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6362168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author georgem78
    You can remove the links from non-related sites and inform Google about it. Hopefully this may help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6362264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adam337
    You should start with new domain without wasting time.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6363253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sovereignn
    Yeah that's a lot of work to go through....

    I'd just start over and cut my losses
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6363307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author biz_online
    If you have a blog you can use a plugin to "export" (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/export-posts/) all your data and text files and "import" them to a "keyword url" domain name.

    I doubt if you can bring this site back. If you are using Lunarpages.com I would quit them and go with another host.

    I was having a bunch of trouble with Lunarpages and leaving them seems to have fixed a lot of problems.

    Now "Blocked by Admin.com" is a "Super Pain In The Rear" because it takes 24 hours to get your blog up and it is very difficult to navigate their site, primarily because they try to sell you something on "Every" page.

    I used to hate them until one of my Classified Ads sites went down because it got hacked via the .htaccess file. They gave me a call the same day and helped me figure out what was the problem. Since then, I don't complain that I need to call them (so that they can try to upsell me) when I need help.

    So, my "best" advise is to go to SpyFu.com and see where the $$$$ are spent on keywords and use the "Google External Keyword Tool"

    https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

    And pick the keywords that cost the most, because that's where the traffic is.

    If you pick a keyword with few monthly searches, it does not matter if you are in the #1 position or not. You have to to pick keywords with a TON of monthly searches and then you use "link wheels" related to your main topic, along with press releases with links back to your site. You can also use articles with your main keywords and links back to your site.

    DO NOT USE CHEAP FIVERR GIGs like some people are telling you because you get JUNK BACKLINKS! ... and these will absolutely KILL YOUR SITE.

    Good luck!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6363377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maheshr
      Originally Posted by avajo71 View Post

      Rank some youtube videos for your website with help you solve the traffic problem..
      Hmmm

      Originally Posted by bnetwork View Post

      Rapid link loss.
      may be

      Originally Posted by georgem78 View Post

      You can remove the links from non-related sites and inform Google about it. Hopefully this may help.
      I cant't remove the links because those are built by some other persons.

      Originally Posted by adam337 View Post

      You should start with new domain without wasting time.
      I do think so

      Originally Posted by sovereignn View Post

      Yeah that's a lot of work to go through....

      I'd just start over and cut my losses
      I think it is the only one option I have now

      Originally Posted by biz_online View Post

      If you have a blog you can use a plugin to "export" (WordPress › Export Posts « WordPress Plugins) all your data and text files and "import" them to a "keyword url" domain name.

      I doubt if you can bring this site back. If you are using Lunarpages.com I would quit them and go with "Godaddy.com".

      I was having a bunch of trouble with Lunarpages and leaving them seems to have fixed a lot of problems.

      Now "Godaddy.com" is a "Super Pain In The Rear" because it takes 24 hours to get your blog up and it is very difficult to navigate their site, primarily because they try to sell you something on "Every" page.

      I used to hate them until one of my Classified Ads sites went down because it got hacked via the .htaccess file. They gave me a call the same day and helped me figure out what was the problem. Since then, I don't complain that I need to call them (so that they can try to upsell me) when I need help.

      So, my "best" advise is to go to SpyFu.com and see where the $$$$ are spent on keywords and use the "Google External Keyword Tool"

      https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

      And pick the keywords that cost the most, because that's where the traffic is.

      If you pick a keyword with few monthly searches, it does not matter if you are in the #1 position or not. You have to to pick keywords with a TON of monthly searches and then you use "link wheels" related to your main topic, along with press releases with links back to your site. You can also use articles with your main keywords and links back to your site.

      DO NOT USE CHEAP FIVERR GIGs like some people are telling you because you get JUNK BACKLINKS! ... and these will absolutely KILL YOUR SITE.

      Good luck!
      It is not a blog but an html site. I know about fiverr gigs so never used them. Currently using one of the top selling seo service from this forum only. Thaks for the help
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6367172].message }}

Trending Topics