Is Article Marketing + Submission Still Effective After Google Penguin?

39 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Everyone,

I am a freelance Writer and I also provided Article Writing + Manual Submission Service to High PR Article Directoires and Web 2.0

I used to be very busy with lot's of work before Penguin but after that I have lost all my work . Please help me and Guide me to what to do Next and what to avoid.

I do have few Questions though

1- Does Article Marketing have lost all it's Effectiveness?

2- What should be the New Link Building Strategies?

3- What should I must avoid as a Service provider?

Thanks in Advance everyone and your advice will be highly appreciated .

Kind Regards
#article #effective #google #marketing #penguin #submission
  • Profile picture of the author marry parker
    Thanks Apoorv, I am still waiting for few replies from expert Warriors .

    Originally Posted by Apoorv82 View Post

    Yes Article submission still worked and the strategy is just get the backlinks from high PR sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6511172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adamjcd
    Personally, I don't think article marketing will cut it anymore.

    The 'idea' of it is great .. you submit authoritive articles in exchange for a link back from a 'high pr' site.

    The important thing to remember here is that the page rank of the page your link is from will be 0 or N/A .. page rank flows from the domain but remember that it's flowing to a huge amount of pages so won't be of all that much value unless you build tiered links to the page your article is on.

    BUT .. most article directories have been hit hard with panda/penguin .. and Google does manually turn off a websites ability to pass link juice .. they've done this with A LOT of web directories .. I'm sure it's a similar thing with article directories.

    Worst part really is you just won't know which ones.

    The other benefit of article submissions is that other webmasters syndicate your articles to their sites - in theory this is great .. but if you've optimized your article for particular keywords in anchor text and you get a lot of webmasters syndicating your articles then this can be very problematic.

    Personally I had another problem with this .. some of the webmasters who syndicated my articles spun them into complete garbage and have since been slapped hard or deindexed - ok this wasn't all webmasters .. but enough to cause me SERIOUS problems.

    So I'd recommend avoiding it IMO .. others may feel differently though but this is just me.

    In terms of what link building strategies should be the main focus from now on .. guest posting or general outreach to webmasters.

    When I say outreach, I mean you reach out .. personally to webmasters asking them to link to you .. this will only work if your site is going to be valuable to their readers though and is a time consuming task - but the links you get will be far more valuable than anything else.

    The other big thing is social signals .. tweets/likes/+1's etc ..

    What kind of service provider? web host?
    Signature
    * Circle me on Google+ for blogging, social media, SEO and other helpful tips *
    Add me me on G+ now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6511343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
    Article marketing is still effective (and always will be). How you syndicate your articles CAN change though, and Penguin has convinced me to change a number of things.

    1. Diversify Your Anchor Text

    - Do not use the same keywords over and over again

    2. Diversify Your Content

    If you want to Gain as much Link Juice or article exposure as possible, you will need to either spin your articles, or create a bunch more content. Google filters out "duplicate copies" more now than ever before.

    3. Diversify Your Target Pages

    - DO NOT only send backlinks to your money site. There's nothing wrong with article directory backlinks. But to many of them at one time is an obvious flag to Google.

    Instead, set up a handful of buffer sites that receive the mass amount of backlinks from article marketing. That way, your main site is safe from any Google penalties, but you still have link juice flowing towards your main offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6511651].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sivagopi
      Agree with you Brendan Mace.

      1. As a article service provide you should diversify your keywords/anchor text and do not post the same content in all the article submission site try to diversify it too.

      But I disagree with diversify target pages for people who providing these kind of services as you must only do for the pages mentioned by your client.

      2. As of now guest blogging is been awesome. So you can provide this kind of service.

      3. The only think you shold avoid is doing black hat methods.

      Hope it helps.

      Comments on my post are welcomed.

      Warm Regards,
      A.Sivagopi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6511852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hossain
    Originally Posted by marry parker View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    1- Does Article Marketing have lost all it's Effectiveness?

    2- What should be the New Link Building Strategies?

    3- What should I must avoid as a Service provider?

    Thanks in Advance everyone and your advice will be highly appreciated .

    Kind Regards
    Not only article marketing but also all old methods are still working. Nothing actually changed. Google might decreased juice count level from some specific platforms but still you need to follow the BASIC RULES.

    Get backlinks from Authority sites with anchor texts you are targeting. You would be fine. I have noticed huge rush after each update and folks start discussing this is not working now that is not working anymore but truth is most of them are panic as most of them are actually spam kings/queens.

    Get backlinks from high PR(parent domain) and dofollow article directories. You would see the result. Also dont fill internet with crap spun contents. Use well written, informative articles. Help others by informing about a topic. You will be able to do 2 stuffs simultaneously. 1- SEO for your site and 2- You would get some direct traffic from these articles.

    Love others you would get back loves from other.
    Signature

    --- Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you! Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you --- '(◣_◢)'

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6511817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GaryKing
    Originally Posted by marry parker View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    I am a freelance Writer and I also provided Article Writing + Manual Submission Service to High PR Article Directoires and Web 2.0

    I used to be very busy with lot's of work before Penguin but after that I have lost all my work . Please help me and Guide me to what to do Next and what to avoid.

    I do have few Questions though

    1- Does Article Marketing have lost all it's Effectiveness?

    2- What should be the New Link Building Strategies?

    3- What should I must avoid as a Service provider?

    Thanks in Advance everyone and your advice will be highly appreciated .

    Kind Regards
    I'm sorry for you Marry Parker. I dono where have you been promoting your service before penguin and why it affected your sales post penguin. What my statistics shows is that backlinks from web 2.0 and article directory sites with unique content is what working at the moment. If the contextual backlink comes from high PR sites, then it surely gives extra boost.

    But quality backlinks alone is not enough to gain ranking, you've to get some backlinks from social networks also. Let your visitors engage through social networking sites.

    So to answer your question,

    1. No, Article Marketing still holds a lot of weight and is still working.

    2. Social Network participation like retweets,facebook likes & shares,Google +1's,Pinterest pins if you've media blog. No matter what type of backlinks you build but be it have Varied anchor texts related to your keyword. And your homepage should have less than 30% of total backlinks pointing to your site.

    3. I'd say try to reduce your service price a little to get more sales.

    Good Day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6511915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deeptigarg
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6512372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marry parker
      Thank You Adam for your detailed reply. I would highly appreciate if someone explains Significance of Social Media sites such as facebook, twitter and G+.

      BTW, I am Freelance Writer and I provide Article Marketing and Manual Submission Services.

      Originally Posted by adamjcd View Post


      The other big thing is social signals .. tweets/likes/+1's etc ..

      What kind of service provider? web host?
      Thanks Brendan Mace, I highly appreciate your reply.

      Originally Posted by Brendan Mace View Post

      Article marketing is still effective (and always will be). How you syndicate your articles CAN change though, and Penguin has convinced me to change a number of things.

      1. Diversify Your Anchor Text

      - Do not use the same keywords over and over again

      2. Diversify Your Content

      If you want to Gain as much Link Juice or article exposure as possible, you will need to either spin your articles, or create a bunch more content. Google filters out "duplicate copies" more now than ever before.

      3. Diversify Your Target Pages

      - DO NOT only send backlinks to your money site. There's nothing wrong with article directory backlinks. But to many of them at one time is an obvious flag to Google.

      Instead, set up a handful of buffer sites that receive the mass amount of backlinks from article marketing. That way, your main site is safe from any Google penalties, but you still have link juice flowing towards your main offer.
      Thank you Hossain, your reply is very helpful and highly appreciated.

      Originally Posted by Hossain View Post

      Not only article marketing but also all old methods are still working. Nothing actually changed. Google might decreased juice count level from some specific platforms but still you need to follow the BASIC RULES.

      Get backlinks from Authority sites with anchor texts you are targeting. You would be fine. I have noticed huge rush after each update and folks start discussing this is not working now that is not working anymore but truth is most of them are panic as most of them are actually spam kings/queens.

      Get backlinks from high PR(parent domain) and dofollow article directories. You would see the result. Also dont fill internet with crap spun contents. Use well written, informative articles. Help others by informing about a topic. You will be able to do 2 stuffs simultaneously. 1- SEO for your site and 2- You would get some direct traffic from these articles.

      Love others you would get back loves from other.
      Yes, I also agree with Brendan and you Sivagopi, thanks for the reply now things are looking much simpler .

      Originally Posted by sivagopi View Post

      Agree with you Brendan Mace.

      1. As a article service provide you should diversify your keywords/anchor text and do not post the same content in all the article submission site try to diversify it too.

      But I disagree with diversify target pages for people who providing these kind of services as you must only do for the pages mentioned by your client.

      2. As of now guest blogging is been awesome. So you can provide this kind of service.

      3. The only think you shold avoid is doing black hat methods.

      Hope it helps.

      Comments on my post are welcomed.

      Warm Regards,
      A.Sivagopi
      Thank Garry, I offered my services mailnly at DP. You can check my profile here

      Marry Parker at DP, Sorry I can't add the link here as my posts are too low to add my profile link .

      Originally Posted by GaryKing View Post

      I'm sorry for you Marry Parker. I dono where have you been promoting your service before penguin and why it affected your sales post penguin. What my statistics shows is that backlinks from web 2.0 and article directory sites with unique content is what working at the moment. If the contextual backlink comes from high PR sites, then it surely gives extra boost.

      But quality backlinks alone is not enough to gain ranking, you've to get some backlinks from social networks also. Let your visitors engage through social networking sites.

      So to answer your question,

      1. No, Article Marketing still holds a lot of weight and is still working.

      2. Social Network participation like retweets,facebook likes & shares,Google +1's,Pinterest pins if you've media blog. No matter what type of backlinks you build but be it have Varied anchor texts related to your keyword. And your homepage should have less than 30% of total backlinks pointing to your site.

      3. I'd say try to reduce your service price a little to get more sales.

      Good Day!
      Thanks You Deepti for your kind help.

      Originally Posted by deeptigarg View Post

      Yes submission is still effective after Google Penguine but now submission should be in a right manner, in the sense do not put too many links in a article and do not land the same page in different-2 keywords.
      if you want to put link u can maximum 2 links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6512662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marry parker
    I used to submit at Ezine but after Panda update their Editors become insane by Rejecting every Article .

    Originally Posted by Profitableblogs View Post

    Hmm Article marketing still works go for ezine it's totally awesome
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6512683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by marry parker View Post

      I used to submit at Ezine but after Panda update their Editors become insane by Rejecting every Article .
      Are they telling you why they're rejecting your content?

      That's a potential red flag. Their standards are pretty high compared to where they used to be, but they're not New York Times level either. So if they're rejecting your content there might be a problem with the content, not the delivery method.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7457365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AbbyBryant
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6512696].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marry parker
      Thanks Abby, I will remember that .

      Originally Posted by AbbyBryant View Post

      When you are linking back don't use anchor text with the same niche otherwise we will be penalized by penguin.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6512705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author b4uindia
    Yes, article marketing still works i have seen good SERP movements in recent past time using Article Marketing.
    Signature

    Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider - http://www.b4uindia.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6512795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Webfire1
    Marry,


    Article marketing is still effective done the right way. Content is what makes up the Internet so I can't see why this would not be effective anymore. However it seems that others don't think so and that has affected your business.



    As far as link building strategies.... maybe think about content in the form of video marketing is very effective for SEO. Unfortunately, many people underutilize this method because they don't think they can make a video. It's not sexy, so to speak, but I use a tool from Webfire.com that converts my unique articles into powerpoint type text article videos that I then submit to video sharing sites like YouTube and Daily Motion. It's really easy to do with the right software and I've found it effective.


    Articles continue to be in demand and you'll find many clients that want your services. Maybe add additional services like creating videos for them, doing some keyword research for them and offering submission services for video also. Just some suggestions I hope will help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6571487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    What I do is use the quality article directories like Ezine, hubpages, and ect... I avoid the low quality ones that accept spun articles.
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6571528].message }}
    • Article marketing is effective for those who submit high quality content. Avoid using keywords excessively and provide real value to your audience. Try not to use spun content because most times it is low quality.
      Signature
      -> Get Profile Backlinks here
      -> #1 Virtual Assistant Service Hire Your Own Virtual Assistant To Work JUST For You
      -> Ezine Articles Service Let Us Build Your Article Portfolio Today!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573493].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jack9850127
      Originally Posted by gearmonkey View Post

      What I do is use the quality article directories like Ezine, hubpages, and ect... I avoid the low quality ones that accept spun articles.
      I am trying to get backlinks from enzine, but it seems that it is really difficult for you to get your article approved at the moment! any suggestions? really not sure how they evaluate the article and give the green light!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7453973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daya1
    Originally Posted by marry parker View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    I am a freelance Writer and I also provided Article Writing + Manual Submission Service to High PR Article Directoires and Web 2.0

    I used to be very busy with lot's of work before Penguin but after that I have lost all my work . Please help me and Guide me to what to do Next and what to avoid.

    I do have few Questions though

    1- Does Article Marketing have lost all it's Effectiveness?

    2- What should be the New Link Building Strategies?

    3- What should I must avoid as a Service provider?

    Thanks in Advance everyone and your advice will be highly appreciated .

    Kind Regards
    Yes, it's effective, still article submission is the best tool.
    For now, it is more on social media
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573516].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emersonya
    i have stopped all my backlink work after google penguin for a while. but now i want to start this work again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhonybravo222
    Article marketing is still effective and working good. Actually google run theses updates only to caught blackhat SEO and wants to provide quality information to users. As the latest is for spamming so you have to avoid repetition of keyword in anchor text and use synonyms in it. There should be relevancy among the article and keywords placed in the article.
    Signature
    online shopping for panel screen divider and shoji screen divider for your rooms at legacydecors.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573911].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marry parker
      Thanks everyone for the useful replies, it really helped. Things are looking slightly better work wise.

      Thanks once again everyone!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6586755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JWImarketing
    Articles are still fine I think but the main thing penquin did was completely shut down nearly all blog networks and all links from any articles in them. Just submit articles to non spammy places and you'll be fine. One big thing google is keying in on is how natural everything looks. Sure you can build 500 backlinks a day but you have to build 500 backlinks everyday or it wont look right. Another thing I havn't heard anyone talking about and I got this straight from the head of google. They now are using a large group of people to manually review your site and everything about it if it stands out too much. Good time for all of us to be extra careful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6587045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bradudan
    This stategy is still working but it is a kind of risky one..

    Google has his eyes on article directories especially big ones. You know what happend with Ezine Articles last year..

    Try to publish your articles on private blogs instead and you will get better results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6587083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bdwilliams
    Publishing a private blogs, that's a good idea.
    Signature

    BD Williams.
    Singer, Songwriter, Insurance Agent Extraordinaire
    belair direct
    best auto mississauga
    "Insurance is boring, that's why I don't wear a tie to work."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7169158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gotlinks
    As long as its unique content, you bet!
    Signature
    Learn the secrets to growing your Youtube Channel!

    - Feel free to private message me about anything. I love to help people and you are definitely no exception!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7172655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevejhon1
    Yes....
    The Quality And Unique Content For Article Submissions Is Still Working.
    Signature

    Bitwords.com - Bit-Cart.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7177073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anne785
    Ya articles with unique content are still effective one after update of algorithm.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7177091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bigprofitbuzz
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fortony
      Ezine is not that hard to get approved. If they are rejecting you, it is time to start putting more time into your articles.

      I'm not sure the links are worth much for Seo anymore, but you can still get sweet direct traffic from them when other sites pick up and publish your articles.
      Signature

      Give your glass products the strength of 9H tempered glass with Dglass Coat. https://dglasscoat.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431863].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevenukas
    Start offering guest blog posting,choose a niche,like weight loss,which is popular or finance. Come up with something,build a relation with 20+ blog owners,create quality content and offer it as a service. This is way much better than offering Ezine submissions on fiverr. If your content is being rejected,means something is wrong. But when it comes to article marketing,it has worked,it works,it will work in the future.
    Signature

    Free SEO webinar! Webinar will be hosted on March 7th at 9am UTC/GMT (Arizona time). JOIN

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7432159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ErikWeich31021
      Yup article marketing is still working very well, especially if you combine that with social media

      Currently i use uaw and its working excellent, but I also do high pr submissions but ofc, i make it all very natural
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7440215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author heavens9002
    Article directories and PR submissions still works. You just need to diversify your anchor to be on the safe side...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7446296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iJonathan
    Originally Posted by marry parker View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    I am a freelance Writer and I also provided Article Writing + Manual Submission Service to High PR Article Directoires and Web 2.0

    I used to be very busy with lot's of work before Penguin but after that I have lost all my work . Please help me and Guide me to what to do Next and what to avoid.

    I do have few Questions though

    1- Does Article Marketing have lost all it's Effectiveness?

    2- What should be the New Link Building Strategies?

    3- What should I must avoid as a Service provider?

    Thanks in Advance everyone and your advice will be highly appreciated .

    Kind Regards
    For the most part yes, however if you use your own list of high pr do follow article directories, I would recommend looking into AMR, great tool, been using it for the last 2 years.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7446967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Becker13
    Banned
    Does it work?

    Sort of...Honestly your not gonna get much ground in even a semi competitive niche

    Is It Effective

    No...not at all. There are far more better ways to be spending your time right now that making articles and submitting them for crap links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7447851].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author weston2012
      Originally Posted by Becker13 View Post

      Does it work?

      Sort of...Honestly your not gonna get much ground in even a semi competitive niche

      Is It Effective

      No...not at all. There are far more better ways to be spending your time right now that making articles and submitting them for crap links.
      I am not agree with you. Google always said to increase content (not duplicate content).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7448009].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Becker13
        Banned
        Originally Posted by weston2012 View Post

        I am not agree with you. Google always said to increase content (not duplicate content).
        If that were in readable english I might be able to debate you.

        With that being said, you should know that Google makes no effort to help people with their SEO
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7448350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    If you just say "article marketing" and don't get into the details such as Article Spinning and then submitting the articles to sites with no editorial standard, you don't have the whole story. There is a lot of really bad SEO going around that harms people's sites, often people who know no better and spent a lot of time making their site. Article marketing can be a good thing if quality is emphasized and following what everyone else is doing is avoided.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7448423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ohioquotes
    If you submit original interesting content that is naturally written and has no grammar issues,it will be approved 100% of the time. Of course, maybe that belongs on your website!

    Go Steelers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7455538].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author connorbringas
      My personal experience before and after penguin is as follows:

      Before Penguin: Article marketing=good links and good traffic

      After Penguin: Ok links and no traffic

      Take my experience however you want.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7455558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author medxpower
    Yes, Article Marketing is still working.

    Only the thing is that you should change contents every time. Do not post same keywords and same contents to many article marketing website, otherwise this will affect in decreasing your site results very fast.

    Google has created more strict algorithm in penguin and panda update. Use your main key phrases as anchor text and never use spammy keyphrases which increase high density for your keywords. Use variations in keywords in article contents and Anchor text.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8164112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrichard
    Article submission is good for SEO. It will increase your website backlinks and page rank.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8164214].message }}

Trending Topics