28 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Anyone wonderful Warrior care to share a recent list? I am working on doing things "manually" to see how I fare with all this Google animal update crap.
#blog #follow #list
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    Just to say something, don't do this anymore. After all the recent updates, google believes that a lot of dofollow links and almost the same amount of nofollow links is abnormal for your website just like anchor textx. I would advice you to write blog comments (if you really want to use this tactic!!!) to blogs with less than 15 comments and on relevant blogs (also if you can find high authority blogs it would be perfect!)
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6521799].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author phatsarr
      Originally Posted by patco View Post

      Just to say something, don't do this anymore. After all the recent updates, google believes that a lot of dofollow links and almost the same amount of nofollow links is abnormal for your website just like anchor textx. I would advice you to write blog comments (if you really want to use this tactic!!!) to blogs with less than 15 comments and on relevant blogs (also if you can find high authority blogs it would be perfect!)
      I think that the amount of links is not the problem. But you have to mix them ( nofollow, dofollow, with anchor, no anchor)

      http://www.azranassocies.com/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6554679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mudassarali143
      Yes I do agree with you, rather creating bulk back-links, better to get quality and high authority back-links. Cool Stuff.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6962599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smuggecko
    I have a dofollow blog checker tool. The application also comes with a self evolving dofollow follow list. So as users check various sites, they automatically get added to various lists.
    Link in my sig below
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6522059].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rspadi
      Blog commenting quickly gets very time consuming and the effect on your rankings won't be very big. I recommend you get contextual links from authority blogs in your niche by doing guest posting.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6522106].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
        Originally Posted by rspadi View Post

        Blog commenting quickly gets very time consuming and the effect on your rankings won't be very big. I recommend you get contextual links from authority blogs in your niche by doing guest posting.
        I'll obviously disagree here. If you're commenting on DoFollow, PR1+ sources they're still very beneficial. (Especially in low-competition niches.)

        But as with any other backlinking method, it shouldn't be your ONLY method.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6522398].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NicheLinks
        I do not agree that blog commenting does not affect the ranking position, as I have done experiments with it on personal grounds, and my website remained on the top three positions consistently for months, when I was not doing anything except blog commenting for it. I strongly believe that blog commenting is an effective tools for the SEO perspective.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6541432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ldiaz117
    One of my sites is an affiliate marketing site that does have a blog component. I list products with tags, etc. So in that case, other than blogging about those products, social media, etc. is there any thing else I can do to get it out there?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6522182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rumi298
    You can get searching by google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6535174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    Blog commenting still works wonders for my sites... if you do it correctly...

    I dont do this do follow no follow bull crap.... as a poster mentioned before it looks unnatural...

    Mix up you your keywords and dont just use your keywords as anchor text use misspellings etc.....

    Here is a list I stole from another post as it is pretty good :-)

    click here
    clik her
    click her
    look at this
    llook here
    here you go
    save this
    bookmark this
    bockmark this
    add this
    keep it
    my link
    save as
    save
    sve

    All the best

    Danny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6536744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author makqlex00
    Do follow blog commenting is best for SEO. If you are following this strategy then you will be able to see your keywords on top positions on search engine soon.

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6541621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by makqlex00 View Post

      Do follow blog commenting is best for SEO. If you are following this strategy then you will be able to see your keywords on top positions on search engine soon.

      Thanks
      What is with the totally generic posts around here now? They're flooding every thread.

      "If you build backlinks you will move your website higher in Google. It is important to build backlinks." That's another one of my favorites. :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6541959].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author StarrManUK
        Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

        What is with the totally generic posts around here now? They're flooding every thread.

        "If you build backlinks you will move your website higher in Google. It is important to build backlinks." That's another one of my favorites. :rolleyes:
        Was thinking exactly the same thing, which is why I try to avoid IM forums most of the time.

        The worst thing is all the people giving their "advice" when over 90% have no idea, it is very harmful.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6543950].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
          Originally Posted by StarrManUK View Post

          Was thinking exactly the same thing, which is why I try to avoid IM forums most of the time.

          The worst thing is all the people giving their "advice" when over 90% have no idea, it is very harmful.
          There are plenty of good threads if you dig around here. But something needs to be done about the flood of completely generic and/or harmful answers. They're starting to outweigh the quality posts. (Especially in this section.)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6548244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gPlayer
    You can use this to find dofollow blogs in google.
    “Login or register to post comments” +”keyword”
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6544564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vivers
    Don't really have a list for you but you can simply use your Firefox plugin when on any site to see if it is a do or no follow. I personally don't really worry about it. I think just building any within your niche is the best way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6544857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bilal9999
    Go to Google where you can find lot of do follow blogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6551388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colarusso
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6553545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by Colarusso View Post

      The challenge is finding active blogs that are dofollow -- searching for them isn't that hard, but you get allot of blogs that haven't posted since 2008, or haven't approved a comment since 2010...
      The easiest way to remedy this is to do a "site:domain" search via Google and set it to show results from within the past 30 days. If there are results, then there's a good chance that the blog is still actively updated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6554353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Srrhomes
      Originally Posted by Colarusso View Post

      The challenge is finding active blogs that are dofollow -- searching for them isn't that hard, but you get allot of blogs that haven't posted since 2008, or haven't approved a comment since 2010...

      Yes you are right... We get lot a lot of blogs but in that only a 10% will be dofollow... In that if we post or didnt post also thats wont differ much
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6962548].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
        Originally Posted by Srrhomes View Post

        Yes you are right... We get lot a lot of blogs but in that only a 10% will be dofollow... In that if we post or didnt post also thats wont differ much
        10% is actually a pretty good percentage. I run Scrapebox daily and you're lucky to get 5% dofollow blogs in a list of 100k harvested URLs.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964727].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6554728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jfambrini
    The problem is finding good dofollow blogs. Dofollow blog lists on top of Google searches are flooded with comments so even if they are dofollow there is little link juice to be had between 300 posters.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6558021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by jfambrini View Post

      The problem is finding good dofollow blogs. Dofollow blog lists on top of Google searches are flooded with comments so even if they are dofollow there is little link juice to be had between 300 posters.
      Which is why I tend to avoid them. Plus, I'd rather have a single PR1, DoFollow link from a moderated blog than 100 PR N/A links from spammed-to-death blogs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6560374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnnys229
    Agreed - moderated Dofollow blogs with a good contextual link within a good quality comment are some of the best links you can get.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6566003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jfambrini
    It is a Catch 22. The best way to find good dofollow blogs is through word of mouth on forums like these but once they are even whispered on the forum, they get inundated and their efficacy is diluted with the ensuing enslaught, alas!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6571013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by jfambrini View Post

      It is a Catch 22. The best way to find good dofollow blogs is through word of mouth on forums like these but once they are even whispered on the forum, they get inundated and their efficacy is diluted with the ensuing enslaught, alas!
      Anything that is "auto approve" and shared publicly is going to get hammered. You're much better off looking for blogs that are moderated, then leaving good comments.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6572453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnnys229
    Yes, keep it private. Your own lists, private lists, are the way to go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6573476].message }}

Trending Topics