Need help regarding Backlink

1 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have comment on Different forums and left my web link.. So the Question is

Is it Called backlink?

and other Question is

why I need to Ping this Comment/link?
  • Profile picture of the author olavlind
    Any link pointing to your site from another site is called a backlink.

    Here is the first paragraph of a pinging service called pingates:
    "Ping your blog or website to 40+ search engines and services that keep track of blogs/sites and publish them. By pinging, you let the services know that your blog or site has been updated and hence, they crawl your site to find the changes."

    Search google for "blog ping" and read up on the subject.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6555737].message }}

Trending Topics