THiS Is It Massive case study - Chek it out!

17 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Ok this is whats gona happen

3 keywords

3 sites

3 link building methods

site 1 - magic submitter

site 2 - fiverr

site 3 - serp bomb (WF)

articles are being written as you read.

1 x 1000 word and 2 500 words later
each keyword $1-$2 and 1000-2000 searches
low competition
top 5 rankings has 2 0 PR and weak links according to LTP
#case #chek #massive #study
  • Profile picture of the author TolyZ
    interesting
    Signature
    Professional SEO Company marketing1on1.com that gets results.
    BuyBacklinksCheap.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mcatt
    Isn't this exactly what google is not happy with and will not give weight for?
    Signature

    Family Time Cleaning
    8723 Huntfield st
    Tampa, Fl, 33635
    (727) 742-5677
    http://familytimecleaning.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764120].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joshpat2
      Originally Posted by mcatt View Post

      Isn't this exactly what google is not happy with and will not give weight for?
      i dont understand what you mean. i am trying different ways once i see the best way i will use that to rank my sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764226].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James.N
      Originally Posted by mcatt View Post

      Isn't this exactly what google is not happy with and will not give weight for?
      I believe thats the whole point of the case study. Test out different methods to see which does the best in Google.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dbwebdesignz
    Mosa's test?
    Signature
    Lets Us Do Your Back linking >>> The Best SENuke X Campaign <<< Panda and Penguin friendly

    Cheap Web Hosting £2.49 per month
    London Website Design
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr.H
    I think that what may work for one website may not work for another, there is no rule for seo, it may happen it may not
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I can tell you right now, word count is hype when it comes to SEO. Retaining traffic is another thing, but for ranking pages word count isn't a big deal.

    For on-page SEO Google is mainly looking at (no particular order):
    • Page title
    • <h> tags
    • Plain text surrounding relevant anchor-text
    • Plain text surrounding images
    • Anchor-text links
    • Image-Alt tags
    • Relevancy
    • Freshness (is the page being updated?)
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764500].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joshpat2
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I can tell you right now, word count is hype when it comes to SEO. Retaining traffic is another thing, but for ranking pages word count isn't a big deal.

      For on-page SEO Google is mainly looking at (no particular order):
      • Page title
      • <h> tags
      • Plain text surrounding relevant anchor-text
      • Plain text surrounding images
      • Anchor-text links
      • Image-Alt tags
      • Relevancy
      • Freshness (is the page being updated?)
      yes i have seen that word count is not up there. i will start with 1 1000 word then see what happens
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Todd Pedersen
    With Bounce Rate being such a big Google criteria now. I always try to add some video content.

    That will keep the visitor on the page longer. When I added video my bounce rate went below 50%. Instead of adding video to every page, you can try adding video in a sidebar so it appears on every page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764537].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joshpat2
      Originally Posted by Todd Pedersen View Post

      With Bounce Rate being such a big Google criteria now. I always try to add some video content.

      That will keep the visitor on the page longer. When I added video my bounce rate went below 50%. Instead of adding video to every page, you can try adding video in a sidebar so it appears on every page.

      thanks for that tip i will use that on the sites. upon doing my keyworreseach i have ran into 100s of top 10 sites with only 1-5 pages of content and rankign very well.

      i have started this because i got magic submitter and use it with current sites and have not seen much movements so i just want to find what the best tool will be.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    I can tell you right now, word count is hype when it comes to SEO. Retaining traffic is another thing, but for ranking pages word count isn't a big deal.

    For on-page SEO Google is mainly looking at (no particular order):
    • Page title
    • <h> tags
    • Plain text surrounding relevant anchor-text
    • Plain text surrounding images
    • Anchor-text links
    • Image-Alt tags
    • Relevancy
    • Freshness (is the page being updated?)
    ^^big word count == more LSI terms (and naturally occurring keywords) == more SERP love everywhere. That's how I do it and it works pretty good. But I build info sites and (I think) that your sites are more technical in nature or w/e.



    What experiment? (didn't read the OP)...

    EDIT: Todd, I have no videos on my pages and my bounce rates rarely go >30% (most sites average < 20% lifetime).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764555].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by bnetwork View Post

      ^^big word count == more LSI terms (and naturally occurring keywords) == more SERP love everywhere. That's how I do it and it works pretty good. But I build info sites and (I think) that your sites are more technical in nature or w/e.



      What experiment? (didn't read the OP)...

      EDIT: Todd, I have no videos on my pages and my bounce rates rarely go >30% (most sites average < 20% lifetime).
      Just pointing out the basics & true more relevant keywords on a page will help rank LSI's but ranking multiple keywords per page is an option not really a necessity.

      I think most people would be surprised in how very basic pages can still rank in the SERPs. I'm not suggesting people create thousands of useless pages just for ranking, just that there is no fixed amount of text on a page that's required for SEO. In the real world the amount of text depends on what the traffic wants/expects/needs.

      If I have a video site or an image gallery, I don't need a lot of text on the page, a short description is enough.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6764589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chrisbroholm
    What does videos have to do with Bounce rate? Afaik bounce rate is the percentage of visitors that leave your domain without seeing any additional pages. The video might keep people on the page longer, which may or may not have an effect on rankings...who knows.
    Signature

    Check out my blog GenuineOnlineMarketing.com where I talk about building Amazon and Adsense Niche Websites.

    Over 800 Amazon Reviews for $1 - No way?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6765133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by joshpat2 View Post

    Ok this is whats gona happen

    3 keywords

    3 sites

    3 link building methods

    site 1 - magic submitter

    site 2 - fiverr

    site 3 - serp bomb (WF)

    articles are being written as you read.

    1 x 1000 word and 2 500 words later
    each keyword $1-$2 and 1000-2000 searches
    low competition
    top 5 rankings has 2 0 PR and weak links according to LTP
    First of all, there is nothing MASSIVE about this case study. It is only 3 sites, so nothing conclusive can be drawn from it.

    Second, Magic Submitter is not a link building method. Fiverr is not a link building method. Serp bomb is not a link building method. These are services. The services can do all kinds of things. Your testing needs to be more specific than that.

    Last, testing on different keywords is not going to give you anything conclusive either. What do you even mean by low competition? Just that the top five have 2 0 PR sites and "weak links" in there? Weak links is pretty subjective.

    You should have the sites competing for the same keyword to draw anything useful out of this test. Even then the content and URL structure could be influencing things in a way you cannot control.

    You want to do this massively, then build 3 sites (1 for each linkbuilding method) in each of 500 different keywords (1500 sites). Do that and come back with your results and it might be something interesting.
    Signature
    New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
    Open for A Limited Time!

    Request to Join
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6765227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joshpat2
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      First of all, there is nothing MASSIVE about this case study. It is only 3 sites, so nothing conclusive can be drawn from it.

      Second, Magic Submitter is not a link building method. Fiverr is not a link building method. Serp bomb is not a link building method. These are services. The services can do all kinds of things. Your testing needs to be more specific than that.

      Last, testing on different keywords is not going to give you anything conclusive either. What do you even mean by low competition? Just that the top five have 2 0 PR sites and "weak links" in there? Weak links is pretty subjective.

      You should have the sites competing for the same keyword to draw anything useful out of this test. Even then the content and URL structure could be influencing things in a way you cannot control.

      You want to do this massively, then build 3 sites (1 for each linkbuilding method) in each of 500 different keywords (1500 sites). Do that and come back with your results and it might be something interesting.

      Sure let me go build 1500 sites to satisfy your interests .. be right back
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6766237].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tylerherman
        Originally Posted by joshpat2 View Post

        Sure let me go build 1500 sites to satisfy your interests .. be right back
        This is a waste of a post. Only building 3 sites with 3 uncontrolled variables will prove nothing.

        Don't call it massive, your sample size isn't even big enough to call it a case study.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6766437].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by joshpat2 View Post

        Sure let me go build 1500 sites to satisfy your interests .. be right back
        I'm not the one claiming to be doing a "massive" case study. If you titled this thread something like "an extremely limited attempt at gathering some data", I wouldn't have bothered to point out the obvious flaws in your experiment.
        Signature
        New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
        Open for A Limited Time!

        Request to Join
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6766812].message }}

Trending Topics