Why do you hide your faces lol

by nest28
49 replies
  • SEO
  • |
This is not even IM related, I'm making this thread out of sheer curiously, this topic has been on my mind for ages. I mean know disrespect to anyone, my favorite members don't show their faces, I always wonder why.


Like I picture Yukon being a Martin Sheen type, Mike Anthony probably a young guy, in his mid to late 20s I would imagine. Maybe I'm crazy or nosey idk, it just seems funny that I have people that I look up to/admire and I don't even know what they look like.


Edit: There were times when wf members sent me a friend request on fb, and I'd be like cool now I get to see what you look like, and even on fb they would have a avatar instead of their face lol.
#faces #hide #lol
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Stalkers Nest...Stalkers. The Stalkers you REALLY have to worry about are the ones online that want to see your picture. But I would really like you to knock off with the racism. What? You see a picture of a brother behind some test tubes (alright so the exposures was a little off ) and you just assume it can't be his picture because he is doing something scientific?

    Now if I had on shades wearing a blank panther T shirt eating watermelon you would say "YO mike wazz up" right?

    P.S. I don't know what you are complaining about anyway. Your shot keeps your face far from the camera with your eyes and hair covered. Know what you look like? Even if your real picture was hanging on the wall in post offices we couldn't tell who that was. is it? I'm definitely not putting my Id up here now.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    ^ I thought the guy in your avatar was white tho..? Wazzup wit dat?

    LOL na I'm kiddin - but I did think he was white.. maybe I need to adjust my contrast or something..

    And to the OP - you have a fake avatar.. so what are you trying to say with your post?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824318].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      ^ I thought the guy in your avatar was white tho..? Wazzup wit dat?
      I ain't saying one way or the other . don't be all up into my business. I don't know you like that. Could be the exposure on some cheap old Walmart camera.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Stalkers Nest...Stalkers. The Stalkers you REALLY have to worry about are the ones online that want to see your picture. But I would really like you to knock off with the racism. What? You see a picture of a brother behind some test tubes (alright so the exposures was a little off) and you just assume it can't be his picture because he is doing something scientific?

      Now if I had on shades wearing a blank panther T shirt eating watermelon you would say "YO mike wazz up" right?

      P.S. I don't know what you are complaining about anyway. Your shot keeps your face far from the camera with your eyes and hair covered. Know what you look like? Even if your real picture was hanging on the wall in post offices we couldn't tell who that was.
      Hey I had a better pic of myself on here for very long time, this pic is the same one on my fb page. It's not about race, I was just curious most of us are thousands of miles away from each other, so it be kinda hard to stalk somebody that lives in Cali, while I'm in philly. Some are in Australia or Asia.

      I couldn't make a your pic, sorry I didn't know that was really you. Plus there are those of us who don't even have a avatar just a user name. I mean it's no biggie , I was just always wonder why people chose not to show face.
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      ^ I thought the guy in your avatar was white tho..? Wazzup wit dat?

      LOL na I'm kiddin - but I did think he was white.. maybe I need to adjust my contrast or something..

      And to the OP - you have a fake avatar.. so what are you trying to say with your post?
      That's not a fake avatar, that me.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824384].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        Hey I had a better pic of myself on here for very long time, this pic is the same
        I couldn't make a your pic, sorry I didn't know that was really you. Plus there are those of us who don't even have a avatar just a user name. I mean it's no biggie , I was just always wonder why people chose not to show face.
        Nest I was joking man. That is definitely not me. I am much more handsome. Think Halle Berry The Rock love child and add a little more flavor and silk. and no not in my 20s. Had a child turned a teenager recently and I didn't start out at 7 (As virile as I am - lol)
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824422].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nest28
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Nest I was joking man. That is definitely not me. I am much more handsome. Think Halle Berry The Rock love child and add a little more flavor and silk.
          Lmao, now I really feel stupid.
          Signature

          Somewhere watching Power.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824450].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author WraithSarko
            I've been tryna figure out what'na hell Mike Anthony's pic even is. I have no clue STILL.
            Signature
            SuperExpensiveNUKE...SubmitterEnvyNUKE...SENukeXCRaptastic
            I've spent the last 59 months building 412 MFA sites. Each site averages 8 cents per day...I said average, some make up to 17 cents per day, PASSIVE INCOME! This income allows me to live comfortably and buy ANY flavor Jolly Rancher or Skittles I desire. Don't give in to fear, it CAN be done!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824488].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by WraithSarko View Post

              I've been tryna figure out what'na hell Mike Anthony's pic even is. I have no clue STILL.
              ROFL said the guy with a two legged horse that looks like a chicken. So whats up witt that my man?
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824503].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author WraithSarko
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                ROFL said the guy with a two legged horse that looks like a chicken. So whats up witt that my man?
                I'm already { { semi|kinda}|sorta} famous on a {local|regional|{national|nationwide}|worldwide|un iversal} level in one field and want to keep my identity incognito until I start making some decent money in this field. The horse is just too damned funny not to use.

                hope i spun that right
                Signature
                SuperExpensiveNUKE...SubmitterEnvyNUKE...SENukeXCRaptastic
                I've spent the last 59 months building 412 MFA sites. Each site averages 8 cents per day...I said average, some make up to 17 cents per day, PASSIVE INCOME! This income allows me to live comfortably and buy ANY flavor Jolly Rancher or Skittles I desire. Don't give in to fear, it CAN be done!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oranges
    Ahem Ahem! ROFLMAO @ the thread topic.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824376].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by Oranges View Post

      Ahem Ahem! ROFLMAO @ the thread topic.
      How the hell did this turn into a gay thread, people on here takes things to the extreme. This is not a matter of race,religion,gender, or sexual orientation. I was simply curious as to why most chose not to show there face. I never said I was looking to make friends, although that's not a bad idea.

      Maybe if some of you had a open mind and made friends you could learn twice as much in half the time. If friend A is building emds, and friend B is building brand-able domains than they would both be able to learn a lot from each other.

      People on here act as if you are teenagers , you can't even have a adult discussion about anything without insults or name calling.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    I see. Well, the white background makes it look fake.

    & lol mike - who knew scientists still use disposable cameras these days?!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    Here's a snippet of a article I was reading about the forum and how people act here, and what this guy was saying is defiantly true.

    Like I can't ever make a thread without some dumbass making it be about something else.If it wasn't for the fact the IM bores the hell out of my friends and family I wouldn't even come here at all.


    Article:

    Ok, here goes. This is why I hate this forum. As many of you know, I am pretty open to helping all kinds of bloggers get started. I want people to be encouraged and learn how to make money online! I could care less if you make more than me! I just want to help you get on your feet!


    As I stated before, I do not recommend that a new blogger, or a newbie in general join this forum. Why? Because your dreams get crushed, no one wants to help you, and everyone has a negative opinion of what you are trying to do!

    Here is an example:
    There was this one newbie that had just joined and was asking a question of how to get more money on his site. His site, by the way, was a site that showed people how to make money.

    His question was a legitimate one. He was asking someone’s professional opinion of how to make a sale on a certain item and how he should promote it. He was met with a barrage of remarks such as these:
    -You have a site that shows people how to make money, and you are asking us how to make money?
    -You should not get into something that you don’t know about!
    -I have never before seen something this pathetic!
    I mean, come on! This is why I hate the Warrior Forum. They do not like helping anyone out. Who are they, the internet police or something?


    Source http://bloggersmakemoney.com/why-the...-makes-me-mad/
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      Here's a snippet of a article I was reading about the forum and how people act here, and what this guy was saying is defiantly true.

      Like I can't ever make a thread without some dumbass making it be about something else.If it wasn't for the fact the IM bores the hell out of my friends and family I wouldn't even come here at all.


      Article:

      Ok, here goes. This is why I hate this forum. As many of you know, I am pretty open to helping all kinds of bloggers get started. I want people to be encouraged and learn how to make money online! I could care less if you make more than me! I just want to help you get on your feet!


      As I stated before, I do not recommend that a new blogger, or a newbie in general join this forum. Why? Because your dreams get crushed, no one wants to help you, and everyone has a negative opinion of what you are trying to do!

      Here is an example:
      There was this one newbie that had just joined and was asking a question of how to get more money on his site. His site, by the way, was a site that showed people how to make money.

      His question was a legitimate one. He was asking someone's professional opinion of how to make a sale on a certain item and how he should promote it. He was met with a barrage of remarks such as these:
      -You have a site that shows people how to make money, and you are asking us how to make money?
      -You should not get into something that you don't know about!
      -I have never before seen something this pathetic!
      I mean, come on! This is why I hate the Warrior Forum. They do not like helping anyone out. Who are they, the internet police or something?


      Source Why The Warrior Forum Makes Me Mad!

      First of all, that is hardly exclusive to the Warrior Forum. That would happen on any internet marketing forum.

      I don't think personal attacks are necessary, but someone certainly should be questioned if they are asking for help with the exact thing they are trying to sell. They are doing nothing short of stealing from people. They are either stealing money if they are trying to sell something, or they are stealing time if they are misleading people into believing that they are showing them down the path of making money online.

      You would be absolutely appalled at the amount of people that track me down on Skype to ask how to do SEO, but they already have clients. Many of these people do not even know the basics, but they are selling SEO services. A lot of them are on this very forum asking basic SEO questions and posting all kinds of misinformation.

      Now it is one thing to ask for help and to try to learn. It's quite another thing to be making money at the expense of misleading other fellow marketers.

      In the case of the above example, if the site was written from the point of view of someone just starting their internet marketing journey and sharing their experiences from the beginning as they learn their way through making money online, that would be fine. But if it was built from the point of view that they are some kind of expert, when they clearly are not, then F them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824726].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nest28
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        First of all, that is hardly exclusive to the Warrior Forum. That would happen on any internet marketing forum.

        I don't think personal attacks are necessary, but someone certainly should be questioned if they are asking for help with the exact thing they are trying to sell. They are doing nothing short of stealing from people. They are either stealing money if they are trying to sell something, or they are stealing time if they are misleading people into believing that they are showing them down the path of making money online.

        You would be absolutely appalled at the amount of people that track me down on Skype to ask how to do SEO, but they already have clients. Many of these people do not even know the basics, but they are selling SEO services. A lot of them are on this very forum asking basic SEO questions and posting all kinds of misinformation.

        Now it is one thing to ask for help and to try to learn. It's quite another thing to be making money at the expense of misleading other fellow marketers.

        In the case of the above example, if the site was written from the point of view of someone just starting their internet marketing journey and sharing their experiences from the beginning as they learn their way through making money online, that would be fine. But if it was built from the point of view that they are some kind of expert, when they clearly are not, then F them.
        I understand what your saying but there are plenty of marketers who make sites in niches that they know nothing about either. I mean how many of us are experts in the field that our sites are in , and yes that same situation could happen anywhere but I know from personal experience that it happens here often.

        I'm starting to forget why I even need to be nice at all, when so many here aren't. I just don't understand the need for sarcasm,put downs,name calling about every little thing.

        My last couple threads were innocent enough, yet look, already there have been mentions of homosexuality, from a thread asking a question about your avatars.

        I was called a troll in my last thread for saying I don't like 1 page, green and black sites lol. I mean honestly I feel as if there is more focus on people than on the topics at hand.
        Signature

        Somewhere watching Power.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author options
    This ain't a dating site.

    I have a picture of David Brent because it makes people laugh.... If I was to put a picture of myself I would be inundated with woman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by options View Post

      This ain't a dating site.

      I have a picture of David Brent because it makes people laugh.... If I was to put a picture of myself I would be inundated with woman
      I don't see whats funny about your picture. I don't even know who David Brent is.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824628].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author options
        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        I don't see whats funny about your picture. I don't even know who David Brent is.
        maybe it's just the uk audience then. Mind you your avatar is quite funny I can see the ironery now.. SEO......
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824812].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          Originally Posted by options View Post

          maybe it's just the uk audience then. Mind you your avatar is quite funny I can see the ironery now.. SEO......
          Just had to fill up some space with something that shows what I do. Was definitely not trying to be funny there.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by options View Post

      This ain't a dating site.

      If I was to put a picture of myself I would be inundated with woman
      I think that it was a freudian slip of reality that you wrote that in the singular.

      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      I don't see whats funny about your picture. I don't even know who David Brent is.
      NIk my man perhaps you can share with us the thinking that went into your decision to use your real picture.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824629].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        NIk my man perhaps you can share with us the thinking that went into your decision to use your real picture.
        The list would be to long!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    I just read an article about how to present yourself on the internet with the help of social media. They were talking about some professional taken photo where it functions as your business card. And when you don't have that then better not post any photo at all. So no photo here.

    Besides that check out the link sellers, the best looking guys offer the worse crap, I highly doubt if it's even their photo. Instead they are just trying to compensate things. Not my style.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by options View Post

      This ain't a dating site.

      I have a picture of David Brent because it makes people laugh.... If I was to put a picture of myself I would be inundated with woman
      So the wf needs to be a dating site in order for you to show your face. Facebook is not a dating site either but not only do people show their faces but they show their children's faces,family, videos etc.

      I don't understand how a innocent question turn into gay/dating thread.
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      I just read an article about how to present yourself on the internet with the help of social media. They were talking about some professional taken photo where it functions as your business card. And when you don't have that then better not post any photo at all. So no photo here.

      Besides that check out the link sellers, the best looking guys offer the worse crap, I highly doubt if it's even their photo. Instead they are just trying to compensate things. Not my style.
      You may be the only one who even came close to giving a reasonable answer, to a simple question.
      Originally Posted by Stephen Marden View Post

      I have no problem with anyone thread smacking someone who asks a Dumb Question such as "hey guys, how do i make money with my website"....when their website is teaching others "how to make money"

      Its the Blind leading the Blind, and what gives a bad rep for honest, quality marketers out there. Do your homework first and LEARN!! Stop reselling the same shit content to the next unsuspecting newbie...ugghhh..
      I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE TALKING SMACK. When people do that it gives a insight to what kind of person you really are, and judging from some of the response listed in the article , those people can't be happy with themselves or else it would show.

      I personally don't attack anyone, unless attacked first. No matter how dumb a question may sound, I would just answer it. I see no need to insult anyone.

      I served as a police officer for little while and I always gave everyone respect, matter fact that don't even matter, that's just the way it should be period.

      Oh but I guess now I'm sounding holier than tho again huh, just for saying respect each other. This forum is starting to be worthless to me, the need to post is getting less and less.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dennis09
    Why are you ASSUMING that this ain't my real picture? I'm sexy and I know it.
    Signature
    There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824714].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Clyde Dennis
      Originally Posted by dennis09 View Post

      Why are you ASSUMING that this ain't my real picture? I'm sexy and I know it.
      Just strollin through... Best post ever!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Never thought twice about your avatar, Nest. I actually
      always assumed that was you. Your race never crossed
      my mind either, at least blatantly. Can I say the following
      without fear? I know the only thing "race" when I first
      saw you here, was , hey cool, another young black guy into
      IM, SEO, etc. Would I have said the same about a young
      white guy? Probably not. My experience is that young
      white guys in forums are whimps and snot-nosed,
      bragging about this and that.

      People are on forums for any number of reasons. What
      you seem to be here for is "branding." Branding with
      a face. It works.

      I'm looking to plunder the web, not brand myself.

      That's not saying our goals are different. Just different means.

      I always liked Mike A's avatar. A scientist in a lab is actually
      what I think real SEO is all about. At least that's what his
      avatar looks like to me.

      What I hate, is the fake females and their model-like faces
      or names. If your name belongs on a catwalk, you aint real.

      Or how about the extremely idiotic, like ones who name themselves
      "greatmoneySEO," then ask how to get backlinks.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824767].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nest28
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        Never thought twice about your avatar, Nest. I actually
        always assumed that was you. Your race never crossed
        my mind either, at least blatantly. Can I say the following
        without fear? I know the only thing "race" when I first
        saw you here, was , hey cool, another young black guy into
        IM, SEO, etc. Would I have said the same about a young
        white guy? Probably not. My experience is that young
        white guys in forums are whimps and snot-nosed,
        bragging about this and that.

        People are on forums for any number of reasons. What
        you seem to be here for is "branding." Branding with
        a face. It works.

        I'm looking to plunder the web, not brand myself.

        That's not saying our goals are different. Just different means.

        I always liked Mike A's avatar. A scientist in a lab is actually
        what I think real SEO is all about. At least that's what his
        avatar looks like to me.

        What I hate, is the fake females and their model-like faces
        or names. If your name belongs on a catwalk, you aint real.

        Or how about the extremely idiotic, like ones who name themselves
        "greatmoneySEO," then ask how to get backlinks.

        Paul
        Thank you so much for just saying something reasonable and logic, without the insults, sarcasm etc, and you know what your right about building a brand. I changed my avatar when I made that popular thread about long tail keywords. I figure hey I have all these people asking me questions, why not let these people know just who it is there talking to.

        Another thing I noticed is mostly all the other people that had really popular threads seem to have just faded away, why idk. The senior members as I like to call you guys, are the only reason I still come on the wf. So I really have to thank both Mikes,Paulgl,Wolf,Yukon,Bnetwork etc, because if it wasn't for you guys I would have been left. Also my man Ggpaul has always had my back so thank you also.

        Edit: Hey Paul thanx for also calling me young hehe.
        Signature

        Somewhere watching Power.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824844].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulgl
          Originally Posted by nest28 View Post


          Edit: Hey Paul thanx for also calling me young hehe.
          The older you get, anyone who looks at least 20 years younger
          than you are is "young."

          Paul
          Signature

          If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6826392].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nest28
            Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

            The older you get, anyone who looks at least 20 years younger
            than you are is "young."

            Paul
            Really, I thought you were my age for some reason.
            Signature

            Somewhere watching Power.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6826593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SShip
    @nest28,

    For me, it's a personal preference to not have my picture on the internet. I'm not ashamed on my looks but at the same time I just don't want to have my picture out there all over the internet and would prefer to use an avatar.

    When it comes to FaceBook, I have a personal account where I interact with my family and friends only. It's fine to have my picture for them to see, it's personal and only they see what's there. I never use my personal account for business, I keep them separate. When it comes to the business side, I have a separate account where my picture isn't shown but a logo is. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what we look like as long as we deliver what is promised.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824816].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by SShip View Post

      @nest28,

      For me, it's a personal preference to not have my picture on the internet. I'm not ashamed on my looks but at the same time I just don't want to have my picture out there all over the internet and would prefer to use an avatar.

      When it comes to FaceBook, I have a personal account where I interact with my family and friends only. It's fine to have my picture for them to see, it's personal and only they see what's there. I never use my personal account for business, I keep them separate. When it comes to the business side, I have a separate account where my picture isn't shown but a logo is. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what we look like as long as we deliver what is promised.
      Thank you very much for honest answer I appreciate it. This thread was never meant to be a serious one, I was hoping to satisfy my curiosity that's all.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6824862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author netlexis
    Some people just like the anonymity of it, Nes. It might be because fear of stalking, another career or just because.

    I just recently started using a photograph on my sites (and here). I've come to believe it's important. I'm asking people to trust my reviews, so why not show my face. I think it's good business in the end.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6825408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    People steal pictures (avatars) and use them on other websites for spamming purposes. I don't want my face used as spam.
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6825436].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by netlexis View Post

      Some people just like the anonymity of it, Nes. It might be because fear of stalking, another career or just because.

      I just recently started using a photograph on my sites (and here). I've come to believe it's important. I'm asking people to trust my reviews, so why not show my face. I think it's good business in the end.
      As Paul said showing your face is great for gaining trust and building yourself up as a a brand. If in the future you wanted to sell something here or anywhere for that matter people will be more likely to buy from a friendly face vs a avatar.

      Originally Posted by gearmonkey View Post

      People steal pictures (avatars) and use them on other websites for spamming purposes. I don't want my face used as spam.
      The same could be done on fb, I don't even have to be your friend, could just save your profile pic and use it to spam.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6825477].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ilee
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        The same could be done on fb, I don't even have to be your friend, could just save your profile pic and use it to spam.
        But then again Facebook isnt a site used only by Internet marketers with a much larger proportion of spammers. + there's more people on Facebook, diminished risk
        Signature
        --~***~--


        --~***~--
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6826238].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nest28
          Originally Posted by ichl13 View Post

          But then again Facebook isnt a site used only by Internet marketers with a much larger proportion of spammers. + there's more people on Facebook, diminished risk
          True but now that you mention it, I once had someone take my profile pic on fb and put it on one of those fb pages were they talk negatively about people. This was done by a regular person with no internet marketing skills. After that I made my profile private and replace a up close pic with one of me wearing a hat n sun glasses.

          Either way if I were go to spam the internet with fake profiles and use people pics, wf would be the last place I look. Myspace fb and every other social network would be much better for that purpose.
          Signature

          Somewhere watching Power.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6826295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lana Holmes
    I think that in this forum it's better to hide your sites from general public, hiding your face is optional .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6826167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    You have my fb. You know how I look. Lol. I'm just some damn Filipino kid trying to make it happen that loves to hang out with every race.
    Signature

    RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6826920].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by GGpaul View Post

      You have my fb. You know how I look. Lol. I'm just some damn Filipino kid trying to make it happen that loves to hang out with every race.
      Wussup Paul, hows the amazon thing going.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827112].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        Wussup Paul, hows the amazon thing going.
        Great! Sold 6 items today. 27 percent conversion rate my man.
        Signature

        RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author K Mec
    That is the big question. Who knows the image shown by him is his real or other one? I have seen many fb accounts of my friends who uploads any picture as a avatar rather then their original.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThatAblaze
    Seriously nest, your face is like a signature. Facebook isn't the only company on the internet with the ability to track users by their face. (It just happens to have a patent on the technology.) This happens to be a freely searchable forum. If I was to post my face here I would be screaming my identity to anyone with the technology, and I prefer to not have everything I say here be linked with the many other communities I spend time with.

    Being associated with the hacker community I know how easy it is to run one script and build a detailed profile of all of a user's interests if they post their face on every one of their profiles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827316].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by ThatAblaze View Post

      Seriously nest, your face is like a signature. Facebook isn't the only company on the internet with the ability to track users by their face. (It just happens to have a patent on the technology.) This happens to be a freely searchable forum. If I was to post my face here I would be screaming my identity to anyone with the technology, and I prefer to not have everything I say here be linked with the many other communities I spend time with.

      Being associated with the hacker community I know how easy it is to run one script and build a detailed profile of all of a user's interests if they post their face on every one of their profiles.
      Lol are you such conspiracy guy or what?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6902983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaryPabelate
    Banned
    you an see big internet marketers are with their face so this thing provides honesty to the readers or whoever interact with them, it helps in business development too as long as you are providing true information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Henri Lind
    Showing your face is a much better in branding, better in long term. Especially if you're into product creation. my 2 cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Weedy92
    I don't hide mine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6903142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sovereignn
    They're avatars my man! I had my photo up for about a year but I replaced it with my favorite author

    I decided well.... It's supposed to be an Avatar and why net set mine as a man I aspire to be as great as!

    I do miss having the picture of me and my puppy though CUTE little guy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6903240].message }}

Trending Topics