How much do you make a month online?

20 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey I've just started a website about a month ago and it is looking really good.

I have been adding content like crazy, as well as backlinking. My backlinking consists of:

• Link exchanging with other sites in my niche. (So far I have 7 that have exchanged links.)

• Posting on forums and yahoo answers with my site as the signature or source.

• I have a tag on a radio channel that has over 3,500 members that is related to my niche.

• I also released an ebook to a few directories linking back to my site.

I have adsense on my site as well as an amazon affiliate store with items related to my niche.

So far I come up with maybe 1 click every 3 or 4 days.

What do I need to do better or different in order to make more traffic/clicks/sales,etc.

How much do you make a month online and what is your strategy?

Thanks for the help!
#make #month #online
  • Profile picture of the author Weedy92
    SERP for your site is showing #4 for "keyword"... Showing 22K/M Global searches.. I have doubts about the real # of traffic for this keyword though, as well need an estimate for seasonal traffic volumes.. How many visits are you getting per month, what's your bounce rate, etc. Hard to make a move without knowing the full details..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6907886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chase8705
      August:

      1,869 Visits.
      1,511 Unique Vistors.
      4,641 Page Views.
      2.48 Pages Per Visit.
      00:04:08 Average Duration.
      51.58% Bounce Rate.
      80.68% New Visits.

      At the begining an half way through August, my site wasn't as developed as it is today. So keep that in mind too.

      Also, I'm averaging out in the past few days like this:

      20 Visitors/Day
      100 Page Views/Day
      4.86 Pages/Visit
      00:06:57 Average Visit Duration
      47.62% Bounce Rate
      61.90% New Visits.

      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6907959].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Weedy92
        Originally Posted by chase8705 View Post

        August:

        1,869 Visits.
        1,511 Unique Vistors.
        4,641 Page Views.
        2.48 Pages Per Visit.
        00:04:08 Average Duration.
        51.58% Bounce Rate.
        80.68% New Visits.

        At the begining an half way through August, my site wasn't as developed as it is today. So keep that in mind too.

        Also, I'm averaging out in the past few days like this:

        20 Visitors/Day
        100 Page Views/Day
        4.86 Pages/Visit
        00:06:57 Average Visit Duration
        47.62% Bounce Rate
        61.90% New Visits.

        Thanks.
        Thanks, here's you new plan of attack give this a run for a few weeks and see how it does.



        As well:

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6910186].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chase8705
          [QUOTE=Weedy92;6910186]Thanks, here's you new plan of attack give this a run for a few weeks and see how it does.

          Thanks a lot Weedy! I will switch everything around right now and and see how it does.

          I appreciate your help.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6912262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chungacreative
    I use offline to promote my online storefront. I make up $3000 dollars a month in bonuses and I make a separate residual income check on the services that I sell each month.
    Signature

    Make a commission on your own gas and electric bill. Private message me for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6907998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chase8705
      Originally Posted by chungacreative View Post

      I use offline to promote my online storefront. I make up $3000 dollars a month in bonuses and I make a separate residual income check on the services that I sell each month.
      What do you do offline to promote?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chungacreative
    I sell to my warm market my friends, family, and people I meet on a regular basis. I will also walk into small businesses and build a relationship with the owner. If you would like more information pm me and I will explain to you more in depth about what I do to get paid.
    Signature

    Make a commission on your own gas and electric bill. Private message me for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chungacreative
    Are you selling something or are you simply just trying to get people to go to your website to look at disneyland blackout dates?
    Signature

    Make a commission on your own gas and electric bill. Private message me for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chase8705
    I am providing a helpful site for Disneyland fans to get updated info about Disneyland, their blackout dates if they are annual pass-holders, history of Disneyland, upcoming Disney film trailers, and my store that has amazon products related to Disney. I have adsense and amazon affiliate links in my site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chungacreative
    I would suggest going to Disneyland and maybe putting flyers on people's cars in the parking lot. Meet new people at Disneyland and give them information about your website. Create a Facebook fanpage and get all your friends who are interested in Disneyland hooked on your website and have them refer it to their friends. In the meantime keep writing to your blog and get some search engine traffic.
    Signature

    Make a commission on your own gas and electric bill. Private message me for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chase8705
      Originally Posted by chungacreative View Post

      I would suggest going to Disneyland and maybe putting flyers on people's cars in the parking lot. Meet new people at Disneyland and give them information about your website. Create a Facebook fanpage and get all your friends who are interested in Disneyland hooked on your website and have them refer it to their friends. In the meantime keep writing to your blog and get some search engine traffic.
      Very cool. Thanks for the advice! I like those ideas!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chase8705
    Anybody else with advice and also how much do you make online and how did you get there?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
    If I were you I would start working on a new site... I doubt Disney aren't going to let you keep that domain once they find it.
    Signature
    I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chungacreative
      Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post

      If I were you I would start working on a new site... I doubt Disney aren't going to let you keep that domain once they find it.
      Maybe they will though because it's pretty much free advertising for them. Wonder if there is someone that you can talk to. Maybe they will pay you to run this website.
      Signature

      Make a commission on your own gas and electric bill. Private message me for more info.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6909757].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chase8705
        Originally Posted by chungacreative View Post

        Maybe they will though because it's pretty much free advertising for them. Wonder if there is someone that you can talk to. Maybe they will pay you to run this website.
        Hmm.. That would be nice. I wonder who to talk to.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6909892].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chungacreative
          Originally Posted by chase8705 View Post

          Hmm.. That would be nice. I wonder who to talk to.
          Try Disneys human recourses department. Good luck.
          Signature

          Make a commission on your own gas and electric bill. Private message me for more info.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6913825].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author chase8705
            Originally Posted by chungacreative View Post

            Try Disneys human recourses department. Good luck.
            What would be the best way to ask them about it when I do talk to them?

            I'm sure I won't just say "Hey can you pay me to run my site?" lol.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6918791].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ilee
            Originally Posted by chungacreative View Post

            Try Disneys human recourses department. Good luck.
            Is it really a good idea to contact disneyland when you have their trademarked name in your domain?

            Edit: just read you guys have already covered this point. Its not a good idea. I do suggest you work with a different domain, I'm not sure how lenient disneyland are with domain names. Could be worth looking up.
            Signature
            --~***~--


            --~***~--
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6918808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theluckeystar
    Very good points guys..I argree with Mr. Smale though...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6908189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alis665on
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6912278].message }}

Trending Topics