Buying Domains with PR

22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

I am looking to buy home domains with PR but do not know where to start. When you buy the domain will you get the content that goes with it? How do you know if these sites have been penalised by Google for certain words? I really don't mind paying for quality domains but there are so many pitfalls to avoid. Anyone fancy shedding some light on this?

Cheers,
Seamy
#buying #domains
  • Profile picture of the author foxseo
    You should go to Product & Service section. to offer this topic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6968597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seamy82
    I am more looking advice than to actually buy anything from here. Do not want advice from people with selling incentive, more advice from people with experience
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6968666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author estz
    Go to prdrop.info and have a look through all the domains that are going to be dropping, you have to make sure you don't buy a fake pr domain. Just google how to check fake page rank and you will see it all.

    Hope that helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6968909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizzie73
    why do you want to buy PR websites? are you starting your own private blog network? why not donate one of your websites to another network and use theirs? just trying to figure out what you're trying to do...high PR websites can be expensive
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6969001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author internalsoul
    You can check out Godaddy auctions and sedo to purchase PR domains on your selected niche but do check the domains properly before buying
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6969017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoposter
    Originally Posted by seamy82 View Post

    I am looking to buy home domains with PR but do not know where to start. When you buy the domain will you get the content that goes with it? How do you know if these sites have been penalised by Google for certain words? I really don't mind paying for quality domains but there are so many pitfalls to avoid. Anyone fancy shedding some light on this?
    I think some things to note would be:
    1. PR - if it is an aged domain and displays N/A, then there is something wrong with it.
    2. Indexed pages - if you query site:thesite.com on Google and it returns zero or fewer than the actual page count of the website, then there is something wrong with it.
    3. Backlinks - if you query its URL on Backlinkwatch.com and most of the inbound links returned were from bogus and irrelevant pages, then it's not a good site to be had.
    4. Social Media & RSS - if it has social media profiles and RSS subscription yet no good numbers are indicated to tell how well it is followed, then it might be hard to continue promoting it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6969047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seamy82
    What happens if you buy a domain with high pr but is unrelated to your niche but you add content for your niche? Say if the domain name is something random related to no niche but historical it has been used for another niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6969480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WilsonA
      Originally Posted by seamy82 View Post

      What happens if you buy a domain with high pr but is unrelated to your niche but you add content for your niche? Say if the domain name is something random related to no niche but historical it has been used for another niche.
      That's fine a lot of people do that, for domains with pr you can check godaddy auctions the pr are usually sorted through everyday by this website Valid Domain Auctions: Genuine High Google Page Rank GoDaddy Auctions ~ Daily you can also buy from places like digital point forums but be very careful because there are a lot of fakes there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6969583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seamy82
    Some of the domains listed on that page, have a PR of 8 but no backlinks. All this is really dodgy. All I want to do is buy a home improvement related domain with some PR on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6970004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seoparadise
      Take a look at Expired Domains with PR, Backlinks and more completely FREE

      They have an advanced filter to search for example by PR, Name, Number of Backlinks, etc.

      Be carefull with faked pr domains and dropped domains. Also you must check if the backlinks are strong and will stay for a long time.

      Best Regards.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6971140].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by seamy82 View Post

      Some of the domains listed on that page, have a PR of 8 but no backlinks. All this is really dodgy. All I want to do is buy a home improvement related domain with some PR on it.
      Seamy unless you are going after the same keywords that the domain has its not going to help you much. When you buy a domain with Pr what you should be buying is the links going to that page. SO you are going to have to do a lot of searching of backlinks in addition to finding otherwise good domains
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6971797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seamy82
    How do you check if backlinks are strong? Who knows how long backlinks will hold for? I'm astounded at the amount of crap out there. This cheating Google thing aint easy. I'm only targeting local searches as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6971313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author axemantech
    Checkout domcop.com to find domain auctions with verified page rank. Also check the SEOMoz and SEMRush data for the high PR domains for additional verification of their value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6972281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seamy82
    With BMR I was getting great results from getting my links posted on all sorts of random domain names. I think if a domain has genuine PR and backlinks it will be helpful in boosting my domain. The website that is dominating my search term has links from only two domains and the search term is not in the domain name of those sites. I'm just astounded that buying domains with PR is so difficult, there must be millions upon millions of them floating around out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6976728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dp40oz
      Originally Posted by seamy82 View Post

      With BMR I was getting great results from getting my links posted on all sorts of random domain names. I think if a domain has genuine PR and backlinks it will be helpful in boosting my domain. The website that is dominating my search term has links from only two domains and the search term is not in the domain name of those sites. I'm just astounded that buying domains with PR is so difficult, there must be millions upon millions of them floating around out there.
      Its not that difficult. But if you aren't willing to invest in the resources to learn how to do it easily than you're not gonna get anywhere.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6978496].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seamy82
        Point me in the right direction then? I've been using multiple techniques but cannot find a home improvement related domain with reasonable PR for a reasonable price.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982403].message }}
  • I just feel PR doesn't matter at all.. I never concentrate on their PR, all i concentrate is how good is the domain name... When the domain name is good it's pretty easy to bring it up to the first page of Google with the right SEO approach. Sometimes you can see website with PR0 ranks on the first page.

    All that matters is on how you set your SEO plan and your content!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6977119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ant B
    dp40oz with a bit of shameless sig promotion going on there. Subtle.

    seamy82, the guys have already told you want to do, find the domains on go daddy, run them through spyglass, ahrefs, majestic and or seomoz opens its and check for high pr backlinks to the domain you are thinking of buying. It takes time, lots of it, effort and there are no shortcuts. Oh and by the way expect the domains with good results to cost a bit as other are all doing the same thing as you and will drive the price up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seamy82
    There is no shortcuts. I just thought there might have been. This is gonna dominate my time for ages. I just thought there might have been a service where people do this for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6999136].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author proximate
      Originally Posted by seamy82 View Post

      There is no shortcuts. I just thought there might have been. This is gonna dominate my time for ages. I just thought there might have been a service where people do this for you.
      Too true - No short cuts.

      The best way to get high PR cheap would be to use specialised software that checks everything.

      I heard of guys getting PR5 from Godaddy Auctions for under $15 - That's a steal !

      Wish I knew how !
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Lim
    Whoever need Domain with PR, shoot me a PM. lol
    There are bunch of it on Godaddy, Namecheap, Dynadot.
    Just that do you know how to get them?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049191].message }}

Trending Topics