Best type of backlinks in 2012? (post-panda/penguin)

13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey,

I have put a list together with the best type of backlinks in 2012. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) contextual niche relevant links on high PR page with low OBL
2) high PR homepage links
3) guest posting
4) article submissions to ezine etc..
5) blog comments
6) social bookmarks
7) directory submission
8) rest - RSS, forum profiles and other garbage...

How would YOU set up the chart? What would you change/add?

Thanks
#2012 #backlinks #postpanda or penguin #type
  • Profile picture of the author Nelapsi
    Seriously, did you get that list off the back of a cereal box?

    You need to think in terms of strategies and tactics, not some single element. I say this because if you have all of 1 type of link, even the best on your list, google is already looking for that and each update is making that more intense. The plan is to have a natural link pattern, which means worthless and gold, dofollow and nofollow. Best backlinks is so 90's
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7043033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mandos123
      Originally Posted by Nelapsi View Post

      Seriously, did you get that list off the back of a cereal box?

      You need to think in terms of strategies and tactics, not some single element. I say this because if you have all of 1 type of link, even the best on your list, google is already looking for that and each update is making that more intense. The plan is to have a natural link pattern, which means worthless and gold, dofollow and nofollow. Best backlinks is so 90's
      LOL, I get your point. I'm just asking what is the most "expensive" backlink? What changes the SERP at most? I guess it's not some forum profile from ghaaahhaha.com/blalbla/directories/profiles/crazychick/check-about-me/valid
      Signature

      None

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7043063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author retsek
    You have to think long-term. 2012 is almost finished anyway. That said, I'd take 4,5,6,7, and 8 off the list.

    Guest Posting is alright but be careful of which sites you select. Focus less on PR, OBL, dofollow, nofollow and anchor text, and more on relevancy and whether or not they have an audience. Avoid sites that only publish guest posts. Use Google+ authorship.

    Unless it's the top 3-5, general directory links should be avoided. You maybe able to find niche or specialized directories that are worth considering, but again be careful with what you select. Paid directories aren't necessarily against the guidelines, but obviously paid links are. There's a difference.

    In short: stop building easy links.
    Or do and be prepared to have to build another list of what works in 2013.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7043538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    Originally Posted by mandos123 View Post

    Hey,

    I have put a list together with the best type of backlinks in 2012. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    1) contextual niche relevant links on high PR page with low OBL
    2) high PR homepage links
    3) guest posting
    4) article submissions to ezine etc..
    5) blog comments
    6) social bookmarks
    7) directory submission
    8) rest - RSS, forum profiles and other garbage...

    How would YOU set up the chart? What would you change/add?

    Thanks
    There are some I don't really like on your list like blog comments. Wordpress is nofollow, and the dofollow blog systems are spammed to death with horrible links that can harm your website.

    I would also remove link directory submissions unless it is for only the good ones like Dmoz and Yahoo (which costs $250 per year).

    Your #1 and #2 on the list I agree with. Quality over quantity is the 2012 motto.
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7043654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jubu
    For low competition keywords or niches such as local, I'll always stand by social bookmarks. They have always boosted my clients sites to the top 10.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7043736].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rspadi
      I definitely like the list, but I would add .gov and .edu links as well as media links - probably after guest posting in your list. Immediately afterwards I would add blog comment links on authority blogs & on minimum PR2+ pages with less than 25 OBLs.

      Home page links on authority sites are also great, but I would be very careful with ROS links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7043859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author checklinks
    For backlinks. we have to follow this chart.
    web directory submission
    social bookmarking submission
    article directory submission
    press release submission
    rss submission
    web2.0 site list
    blog comments.

    Make linkbuilding manually because this all submission manually makes natural linkbuilding.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7045328].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ram chandra dash
      Originally Posted by checklinks View Post

      For backlinks. we have to follow this chart.
      web directory submission
      social bookmarking submission
      article directory submission
      press release submission
      rss submission
      web2.0 site list
      blog comments.

      Make linkbuilding manually because this all submission manually makes natural linkbuilding.
      Hello,

      Yes, I am agree with you But All those Techniques should have do follow links. Then Only it will work.

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aadi144
    Best type of backlinks are links from both high PR and low PR sites.Building the quality backlinks too much can itself treat as a bad example there has to be a limit.If one is getting both type of links it looks more natural.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7045361].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matt121
      Originally Posted by aadi144 View Post

      Best type of backlinks are links from both high PR and low PR sites.Building the quality backlinks too much can itself treat as a bad example there has to be a limit.If one is getting both type of links it looks more natural.
      I agree. We should also take into account nofollow backlinks. As you've stated, it is important to build more natural backlinks.
      Signature

      Professional B2B Lead Generation and Appointment Setting through expert telemarketing. Need to know more? Click Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7045591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blogft
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7045629].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Irmscher
      Originally Posted by blogft View Post

      I am agree to you.
      do follow backlink.
      Is the signature available with "1" amount of posts?

      Or this guy just imitating it? :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392035].message }}
  • I agree with many of the other experts on here. Your ideas are completely outdated and you need to start thinking more on the lines of how to earn backlinks.

    For example, Social is the new way to backlink and these are earn't on merit. People will share content with others if they feel it is of high quality or worthwhile for others to know about.

    Also working in relevant forums, helping others can help with your backlinks but these again are earn't by merit.

    I agree with guest blogging by the way as long as you offer quality.
    Signature

    Are you a small business looking to grow fast?

    www.shoutoutdigital.com provide small business SEO services with professional online marketing advice in an affordable package.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jclindayag
    Hi mandos123!

    What you have listed are great. But you could also add links from web 2.0 sites and build pages. Make sure you put relevant content in it along with diverse links. Every article corresponds to a particular page. In the long run, Google may see your subordinate sites as an authority if it has great content where many credible sites link into.
    Signature

    Free Twitter Drip-Feed Tool Saves Time, Increases Market Awareness and Drives Traffic. Grab Your Free Account Today: http://www.Feed140.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392902].message }}

Trending Topics