Social bookmarking SEO

by berich
15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Seeing your site on social bookmarking sites (Digg, etc.) does of course increase your hits for a certain period, but can it also increase your PR?

Digg and Delicious both use the bloody nofollow tag on their links, but does any of the social bookmarking sites give your site credit for any linking?
#bookmarking #link #rank #seo #social
  • Profile picture of the author gabibeowulf
    Digg, Delicious, etc .. were never sought after for their dofollow links. When you get on top of the categories or even featured on the homepage you get links from other websites following the news / trends on the social bookmarking site. Of course, you're not going to end up on the front page by cheating your way there and by posting something that's not entertaining enough ... but hey, that's what marketing is all about. Finding the things that get the most results.

    Gabriel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7048331].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dhanimyfbfans
      Originally Posted by gabibeowulf View Post

      Digg, Delicious, etc .. were never sought after for their dofollow links. When you get on top of the categories or even featured on the homepage you get links from other websites following the news / trends on the social bookmarking site. Of course, you're not going to end up on the front page by cheating your way there and by posting something that's not entertaining enough ... but hey, that's what marketing is all about. Finding the things that get the most results.

      Gabriel
      whether share articles to social bookmarking has no effect on SEO?
      Social media is good for SEO?

      Thank
      Signature
      LIMITED TIME PROMOTION GET 20% OFF "MF20" Use the coupon code to claim your discount today "Buy Facebook Fans"==> MyFBFans.com |
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7048896].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kaytav
        Originally Posted by dhanimyfbfans View Post

        whether share articles to social bookmarking has no effect on SEO?
        Social media is good for SEO?

        Thank
        Social Media is definitely good. It mostly helps you to get traffic to your website.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7668907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jayruggs
    I think that social bookmarking is still important and Google will pick up those backlinks to improve your PR as long as you don't go overboard and spam all of the social bookmarking sites at once.... Remember, natural link growth is best...
    Signature

    Do SEO the right way. Hit me up to learn how I can help you with your onsite and offsite SEO and rank for hundreds of keywords in 2014.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7048913].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author namesbeyond
      Originally Posted by jayruggs View Post

      I think that social bookmarking is still important and Google will pick up those backlinks to improve your PR as long as you don't go overboard and spam all of the social bookmarking sites at once.... Remember, natural link growth is best...
      Still social book marking sites helps very well in getting back link.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7668432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoposter
    Originally Posted by berich View Post

    Digg and Delicious both use the bloody nofollow tag on their links, but does any of the social bookmarking sites give your site credit for any linking?
    It can provide you great amount of referral traffic, which is always the credit for sharing quality on websites with member-base caring about quality and share-worthy contents. You should try something else if link juice is more important to you than traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7048949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cleptoiii
    Social Bookmarking + Social Networking = good rank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7668948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanjayyadav
    Social bookmarking simply used to derive more traffic to a website. Which helps to improve website's alexa rank.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7669439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rank90
    Social Bookmarking is still effective method in SEO, create back links from high PR sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7669530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IprovideSEO
    I would recommend manually submitting social bookmarks on the most popular websites such as Digg, Delicious, Stumbleupon, reddit etc. Then take it a step further and interact with others in a helpful manner and try to establish relationships with people related in your niche.

    Also, don't waste time with automated bookmarks from websites that no one ever visits.
    Signature
    Need high quality SEO services at the best price for your small business? Call today for a free SEO or Web Design quote!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7669882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author habreza
    Yes, Social Bookmarking is still effective method for search engine optimization, it's create back links from high page rank sites. so, search on google higher pr social bookmarking sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7670355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chander sood
    Book marking is the technique of off-page and it is the main technique in off-page to create a back links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7673933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The SEO
    Social Bookmarking is still good in getting traffic as well as backlinks, butt now after Google recent updates just High PR and quality bookmarking sites are worthy for your website. Otherwise don't insert or put your website link in low PR Pligg sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7673948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shophia
      Yes, Social bookmarking is the effective way for getting quality back links or traffic for your website.you should use high PR bookmarking site if you want to get quality back links like twitter,digg,xmark,linkedin,tumblr etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7674108].message }}

Trending Topics