Help About Auto Directory Submission

by neo087
23 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi Warriors,

Recently I read a article about Fast Directory Submitter v2 which will submit site in hundred of directory site automatically.Now my Question is if I submit my Blog sites automatically by using the Tool/Software, with it harm for my Blog sides?
I want to know from Experts who will suggest me a right and proper suggestion.
Your early reply will be highly appreciated.

(Note: The link is below of the Tools, for your underestimating, Not for Developing site):
Getting Started with Fast Directory Submitter | Video Tutorial
#auto #directory #submission
  • Profile picture of the author govind sharan
    Hi, Using tool/software are not good because you can not select relevant category for your website and you need to new email address for same domain for submitting directory and submission of some directories failed then you will do resubmitting. Including over all do manually work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7052823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sanket Patel
    Using automated tools always described as unethical means to gain access by the search engines. It always lack in quality, privacy and security. It will harm your blog a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SEO Haven
      Originally Posted by Sanket Patel View Post

      Using automated tools always described as unethical means to gain access by the search engines. It always lack in quality, privacy and security. It will harm your blog a lot.
      Not true at all.

      Directory submitters can save you a lot of time, and as long as there's a built-in spinner so you can use various anchor texts and descriptions, from my experience it can help your rankings quite a bit.

      One tip though (what I generally do), is if some of these directories require reciprocal links, make your 'links' page nofollow and noindex. Your links will still get accepted (and be dofollow on the directories) and your site will be protected from potential 'link exchange' penalties.
      Signature
      All-In-One SEO & Marketing Service
      If you want the upper hand over your competitors, here's your chance.
      SEO, SMM, Google Local Optimization & Professional Internet Marketing done-for-you.
      Never worry about Traffic & Lead Generation again! Click Here for more info.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrDougJay
    Not advisable buddy. There's a high risk that you will be penalize. Just do it your self.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fanta81
    I used this tool quite a while back and submitted my site to those directories having PR greater than 5. I guess that worked for me. Don't submit your blog to all the directories. It will do more harm than good.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luckyman2k
    Originally Posted by neo087 View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    Recently I read a article about Fast Directory Submitter v2 which will submit site in hundred of directory site automatically.Now my Question is if I submit my Blog sites automatically by using the Tool/Software, with it harm for my Blog sides?
    I want to know from Experts who will suggest me a right and proper suggestion.
    Your early reply will be highly appreciated.

    (Note: The link is below of the Tools, for your underestimating, Not for Developing site):
    Getting Started with Fast Directory Submitter | Video Tutorial

    Hello

    "Now my Question is if I submit my Blog sites automatically by using the Tool/Software, with it harm for my Blog sides?"

    Yes it can harm your site. The reason is, say, u submit to 5000 + Directory and u use, say

    5 titles and 5 descriptions.

    Assuming your most of the submission is get accepted. It means, u get 4000+ links pointed to your site in say less then 3 weeks.

    And some times, Google wrongly, penalizes for spamming, and site gets even below then 300 rank

    By the way, if the site is new, Its not advisable to make over 500 back links per month

    So, Auto Directory Submission is not advisable

    I hope it helps

    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author milliondream
    Today, I'm really believe that we must use tools. Because it's help us to working quicker. It's not a bout tools that can push you to top point. It's all about you, how wise of you to design on the work flow by using that tools.

    All the tools are give you some advantage but if everyone use the default sample or template of that tools, you will get the result as they are. No different and why you can be number 1, why not the other guys?

    It will harm to you sites if you did it like a lazy guy. Main idea is you have to use tools but try to use it in different way than other.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gapinfotech
    auto directory submission is bad for website promotion after some day your website will be spam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7059127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    When you use automated tools for directory submission, you will be submitting to junky directories that could care less about quality and earn you the unnatural link penalty from google. If you don't have time to do it manually, you don't have time to do SEO work. We have taken a strong stance against directory submitter tools and you aren't going to be reaching directories that are up to date, which are usually the best directories.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7471819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author It Is Me
      Here is something for you:

      "The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:
      Using automated programs or services to create links to your site

      Here are a few common examples of unnatural links that violate our guidelines:
      Low-quality directory or bookmark site links"

      Copy pasted from the google guidelines page Link schemes - Webmaster Tools Help .

      And as dvduval said the directory sites which are used to submit using the automated tools are of low quality.
      Signature

      --
      AdRenter.com, AudioVideoGraphics.Com, ChooseHosts.com, CommentSubmitter.com, CommissionGate.com, CustomBacklinks.com, IncredibleLists.com.... Selling On GetTheseDomains.com
      --
      Internet Marketers Need These Products - IMersNeed.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7474268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indiainternet
    Manual submission is always better than auto submission using any software.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7474638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaytav
    Manual SEO is the best. Do everything manually as far as possible. Going for automated process will do more harm than good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7480297].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by kaytav View Post

      Manual SEO is the best. Do everything manually as far as possible. Going for automated process will do more harm than good.
      That is total nonsense, but whatever.

      The problem with the OP's idea is if you are submitting to thousands of directories, they are the types of directories that are overrun with garbage. They are not moderated at all.

      Basically, outside of DMoz, Yelp, and reputable directories like that, if it is not a paid submission, don't use it.
      Signature

      For SEO news, discussions, tactics, and more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7480364].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dvduval
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        That is total nonsense, but whatever.

        The problem with the OP's idea is if you are submitting to thousands of directories, they are the types of directories that are overrun with garbage. They are not moderated at all.

        Basically, outside of DMoz, Yelp, and reputable directories like that, if it is not a paid submission, don't use it.
        There is nonsense to what you just said too. There are plenty of well maintained directories that produce great results because they are well edited. One example would be dirjournal.com but there are many, many more. They are NOT all junk, but certainly it is easy to miss the trees for the forest.
        Signature
        It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7488413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bodmov
    I stop to build links from directories
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7480366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ccole
    In 2000 to 2010, the use of software to generate back links is very useful. Search engine manipulation before is very easy as it was like a competition of who has the larger number of back links wins. However, after the Google updates (Panda, Penguin, and EMD) the use of software to create back links might only harm your site.
    Signature

    Struggling or behind on your mortgage? Looking for loan modification solutions to reduce your payment? REST Report shows you if you qualify!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7489259].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by dvduval View Post

      There is nonsense to what you just said too. There are plenty of well maintained directories that produce great results because they are well edited. One example would be dirjournal.com but there are many, many more. They are NOT all junk, but certainly it is easy to miss the trees for the forest.

      You missed my point. I was talking about the type of directories that a piece of software will throw your website into 1000's of at a time. Those are trash.

      Directories that are moderated and edited are great. I use them all the time. I was looking over some numbers and I have spent about $2200 on directories, just this month alone.

      Originally Posted by ccole View Post

      In 2000 to 2010, the use of software to generate back links is very useful. Search engine manipulation before is very easy as it was like a competition of who has the larger number of back links wins. However, after the Google updates (Panda, Penguin, and EMD) the use of software to create back links might only harm your site.
      Panda and Penguin had nothing to do with software. You clearly missed what they were targeting.
      Signature

      For SEO news, discussions, tactics, and more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7489515].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dvduval
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        You missed my point. I was talking about the type of directories that a piece of software will throw your website into 1000's of at a time. Those are trash.

        Directories that are moderated and edited are great. I use them all the time. I was looking over some numbers and I have spent about $2200 on directories, just this month alone.
        Makes sense. I just wanted to make sure you were not leaving out smaller directory owners that actually run quality directories. I find I can often get the best value from these sources, as opposed to say paying for an expensive directory where you have your listing deep in their category structure.
        Signature
        It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7489729].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by dvduval View Post

          Makes sense. I just wanted to make sure you were not leaving out smaller directory owners that actually run quality directories. I find I can often get the best value from these sources, as opposed to say paying for an expensive directory where you have your listing deep in their category structure.
          Outside of BOTW, and 1 or 2 other directories, I only pay for directories that my link is going to appear on a page with actual PR. I'm not paying for PR n/a and PR 0 links.

          I have about a half dozen directories of my own too. Working on creating some more as well.
          Signature

          For SEO news, discussions, tactics, and more.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7489768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fmac
    Certainly much faster but you will do better by targeting quality directories, placing n your niche, etc...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7489773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhuvananichi
    Manual submission is always worthy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dazen
    I usually do manual submission and check for the backlinks to my site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7552756].message }}

Trending Topics