- You might be wanting to quickly test a new keyword to see if it's profitable and worth going after similar keywords in your niche.
- You might want to be riding on the latest trend that's coming up and making some sales from it. Eg. Christmas sales.
- You want to propose to your girlfriend tomorrow, and you want her to be shocked with a web-based proposal that she finds while searching for something.
- Or you might be feeling just a bit bored and want to try doing it just for pure pleasure.
Whatever your reason, here are 16 simple tips you can use to help you rank in Google as fast as possible.
01. Target Long Tail Keywords - Long tail keywords typically have less competition than normal keywords. As such, you can rank very quickly for many of them and make some quick cash in the process.
02. Target Low Competition Keywords - How long it takes you to rank on the first page of Google is basically down to competition level. The lower the competition, the easier and faster it is. Consider going after keywords with low competition.
03. Use Aged Domains or Websites - Posting new content on aged domains or websites will get your content indexed and rank much faster than if you were posting that content on a brand new website.
04. Get Your Site Indexed Quick - If you're planning on using a new domain, and posting new articles on it, the first step to getting your site ranked fast is to get it indexed fast.
05. Use Authority Sites - Instead of using a brand new Wordpress blog set up on your own domain, if you want to get ranked fast consider piggybacking on authority sites instead. Authority sites which are well respected by Google like Squidoo and Facebook get ranked quickly, and they rank well.
06. Use Press Releases - Using press releases can get your news articles on the front page of Google in no time. Especially if those search result pages already have existing news entries. They just jump to the top.
07. Guest Blogging - Guest blogging is a good way to get what you have to say in front of the search engines fast. That is, if you are guest blogging on a popular, high ranking site. You also benefit from the social shares of the readers of that blog.
08. Get Backlinks Fast - As long as your site is indexed in Google, you won't have a problem ranking by getting a ton of backlinks quickly. However, if your site is new, you might be hit by the Google Dance. Consider using this tactic with authority sites instead.
09. Use Existing Resources - Check your Google Analytics. If you have a page that is already ranking on the 2nd page of Google and getting traffic, consider improving the on-page SEO and pointing some backlinks to the page to get it to the 1st page for easy rankings. It's much easier than ranking from scratch in many cases.
10. Consider Going Viral - Going viral is not the easiest task in the world, but it can be done quickly with some adequate planning. Create some great content (or terrible content) on the topic of your choice. Send some paid traffic to get some exposure, and if you do it right, watch your traffic explode. Especially if you're using viral plugins that require people to share in order to access the content.
11. Exact Match Domains - A controversial topic, especially given the recent EMD penalty update. However, if you create a site with great content, and not over-optimize your homepage for your targeted keyword, you may still be able to reap the benefits of an EMD boosts in the search results.
12. Acquisition and Purchase - Perhaps you've found a site that is already ranking highly in Google for the term you're after. It hasn't been updated in ages, and is almost dead. Consider contacting the owner of the website and offering to purchase it. It'll save you the time and money of having to rank a new domain from scratch.
13. Use Internal Linking - If you already have an established site, and just want to rank a new post or article quickly, consider using internal linking. Create various internal links pointing towards the new content you've created for fast results and rankings.
14. Mass Web Submission - To ensure quick rankings in the search results for a particular keyword, consider outsourcing multiple articles for the same keyword. Then submit those different articles to as many different authority sites as you can. Randomly interlink those articles, point some backlinks at them, and see the results.
15. Top Level Domains - If you know how, consider getting yourself a special top level domain such as a .edu, .gov, or .org. Either post your article directly on a domain with such an extension for quick ranking, or use the domains to point to your site for some quick and powerful quality backlinks.
16. Create a Giveaway - If done right, a giveaway can get you a ton of exposure, with people sharing your website and linking to you like there's no tomorrow. You can expect Google to pick up on this trend and to start ranking your website sooner than you thought.
Do you have any other secret steps you would like to share?