Good ol Google Is Suspending Accounts Extra Heavy...**warning**

80 replies
  • SEO
  • |
We sell vitamins and own our own line. Very ethical and honest. Spending 10's of thousands each month. They gave us an email warning and before we could even digest the threats they permanently suspended our accounts. As of now, we are officially out of business. Google is nothing short of crooks and have monopolized the online advertising market. Such a frickin shame. I am so disgusted with them and their unstable changes and vague new policies!!!
#accounts #extra #good #google #heavywarning #suspending
  • Profile picture of the author critterman
    Why did they suspend you? Are you referring to Adwords? Not quite sure what you mean here sorry
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7275931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMSince2003
    Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

    We sell vitamins and own our own line. Very ethical and honest. Spending 10's of thousands each month. They gave us an email warning and before we could even digest the threats they permanently suspended our accounts. As of now, we are officially out of business. Google is nothing short of crooks and have monopolized the online advertising market. Such a frickin shame. I am so disgusted with them and their unstable changes and vague new policies!!!
    I was at this Adwords volume a few years back. I got a dedicated rep. and phone number. Go through your records and look through everything they've sent you. Contact them and get a live person. You cannot just throw your hands up and say "Oh well!!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276008].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cchipster
      Originally Posted by IMSince2003 View Post

      I was at this Adwords volume a few years back. I got a dedicated rep. and phone number. Go through your records and look through everything they've sent you. Contact them and get a live person. You cannot just throw your hands up and say "Oh well!!"
      Mind sharing how you were able to leave these crooks in the dust and still get traffic/be profitable? (General description of your new ad verticle)
      Signature
      No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

    We sell vitamins and own our own line. Very ethical and honest. Spending 10's of thousands each month. They gave us an email warning and before we could even digest the threats they permanently suspended our accounts. As of now, we are officially out of business. Google is nothing short of crooks and have monopolized the online advertising market. Such a frickin shame. I am so disgusted with them and their unstable changes and vague new policies!!!
    Sorry to hear about this. Will you be calling to try and get to the matter of the issue?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OnlineAddict
    If you spent 10's of thousands each month and are out of business just because they shut down your advertisement, you were doing something very wrong. If you were doing things smart, you would have such a branding and an amount of emails by now, that you would make big money with no advertisement at all, for years. Sorry, but depending on one source is simply stupid.
    Signature

    From1toMillion.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cchipster
      Hey all,


      Sorry for the lack of replies. I haven't gotten all of these great post updates (Except for a certain couple not SO great *cough *cough*) in my email box...

      To answer your questions...Here ya go:

      We got banned because these privacy thieves found out I had an old account that was suspended, but it was in my own name. I am unable to get this account reinstated, because these old domains expired and someone else bought them around the time they suspended me.

      They (Yes, Seriously) expect me to contact the new owners and have them help me to get my account reinstated or offer to buy the domains and fix the bridge pages!! WTF!! I can post the email if you all want! I am not a BS'ER!

      REGARDLESS OF THIS, This new account which has been now suspended, has always been running under all of my business parters name, card, address the whole 9. I merely log-in to manage our adwords account. They have been tracking my IP? Or something!? THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!

      Their reasoning for suspension is my (personal, 110% non-related account) old affiliate site from years ago when they quit bridge pages etc. To make matter worse, I have been 'politely' playing their game last few days trying to get reinstated. I even got as far as an APPROVAL email saying my ads are running under my old adwords account causing these issues! Here's the email

      I got this morning:

      adwords-noreply@google.com
      9:23 PM (22 hours ago)



      to me






      This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not
      accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any
      questions, please visit the Google AdWords Help Center at
      to find answers to
      frequently asked questions and a 'contact us' link near the bottom of the
      page.
      Your AdWords Customer ID: 628-xxx-xxxx (I blocked this out)
      ------------------------

      Dear AdWords Advertiser,

      Your ads are now running.

      Thank you for advertising with Google AdWords.

      Sincerely,
      The Google AdWords Team

      ------------------------
      Your AdWords Customer ID: 628-xxx-xxxx



      I thought I was cool. But I logged into my account, still SUSPENDED!! I called in and they are now all refusing anything from being unsuspended. They now guarantee there is nothing they will do because of those old now gone domains. Can you frickin' believe this crap!??!!! How would this affect my business partners account and information?


      Reasoning for Google advertising as people have made sound as though is 'So' easy to make same $$ elsewhere! We have tried it all, trust me. Like someone said, with that kind of budget you can rock it elsewhere...Good point, but we are very niche. And all other verticals don't get clicks or impressions. Even Adcenter is minimal. But KING GOOGLE gets us a ton of traffic because they own/operate/run 70% of the world wide web search in case anyone was unaware!

      We have tried the following with ZERO sales, or luck!

      -Bidvertiser
      -Adynamo
      -Facebook
      -Clicksor
      -7Search
      -Email Marketing
      -Aol Advertising
      -SEO (Maybe some from this, but have tossed thousands into a hole Google keeps changing for thier benefit of ads being on top always)
      -Advertising.Com
      -Ebay
      -Amazon
      -Adbrite
      -Ask
      -Miva
      -Tons of PPV Companies & media Buys
      -Ad Ready (And all alike Banner Networks)
      -One time we had 30-Alternative Adwords PPC companies running and tracking (No Sales)

      Conclusion: Adwords provides us with an extreme amount of of daily impressions, (overpiced) clicks, AND...drumroll...conversions!

      The quality of traffic provided by the monopolizing billionaire boys club is unmatched. If we ever got clicks elswhere, they were never sales. Either false clicks, or bad targeted traffic? I don't know. All I know is we are in a bad place. Yes, we are very 'niche', but you almost have to be to make any money online nowadays. A lot of saturation out there with over 15 billion websites currently online!

      Just 'Google' F*** Google and read the many stories of how many people are now homeless and out of work bcuz the 'crooks' as I called them (and offended someone I guess?) changed the game on thousands of people depending on their service to put food on the table for their families. People monopolizing like the young, rich and overly powerful crooks over at Google makes me give up on the faith of the American dream sometimes, and almost to the point of mankind as a whole...just my opinion, sorry if you can't handle it.
      Signature
      No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7301586].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Elss
        Sooo,WHY did they suspend the accounts???:confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7301617].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GlenH
        A PPV campaign would be worthwhile trying for products such as yours.

        The 'quality' of the traffic may not be as good, but it's cheap enough to give it a good test.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7301651].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

        We have tried the following with ZERO sales, or luck!

        -Bidvertiser
        -Adynamo
        -Facebook
        -Clicksor
        -7Search
        -Email Marketing
        -Aol Advertising
        -SEO (Maybe some from this, but have tossed thousands into a hole Google keeps changing for thier benefit of ads being on top always)
        -Advertising.Com
        -Ebay
        -Amazon
        -Adbrite
        -Ask
        -Miva
        -Tons of PPV Companies & media Buys
        -Ad Ready (And all alike Banner Networks)
        -One time we had 30-Alternative Adwords PPC companies running and tracking (No Sales)

        Conclusion: Adwords provides us with an extreme amount of of daily impressions, (overpiced) clicks, AND...drumroll...conversions!

        The quality of traffic provided by the monopolizing billionaire boys club is unmatched.
        I'm sorry but I doubt anyone here can help you.

        You have made it very clear, time and again that the only way you are capable of getting traffic in that niche is through AdWords.

        That isn't an option for you sadly.

        It always amazes me how dependent some people are on SEO and in your case, AdWords. I'm not criticising you either but I think it's time to find another niche and possibly another partner. Sorry.

        I'm amazed though that this only works with Google. In fact, in terms of traffic, yours is the only niche I've ever heard of that only works from AdWords traffic.

        Seeing as business is now officially over, may I ask why you didn't collect a list of potential customers, buyers etc as you were spending this amount?
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304100].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cchipster
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          I'm sorry but I doubt anyone here can help you.

          You have made it very clear, time and again that the only way you are capable of getting traffic in that niche is through AdWords.

          That isn't an option for you sadly.

          It always amazes me how dependent some people are on SEO and in your case, AdWords. I'm not criticising you either but I think it's time to find another niche and possibly another partner. Sorry.

          I'm amazed though that this only works with Google. In fact, in terms of traffic, yours is the only niche I've ever heard of that only works from AdWords traffic.

          Seeing as business is now officially over, may I ask why you didn't collect a list of potential customers, buyers etc as you were spending this amount?

          We have a large list list, but just haven't tapped into correctly
          Signature
          No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304508].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mmacwm
        DELETE this reply pls. thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309395].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by OnlineAddict View Post

      If you spent 10's of thousands each month and are out of business just because they shut down your advertisement, you were doing something very wrong. If you were doing things smart, you would have such a branding and an amount of emails by now, that you would make big money with no advertisement at all, for years. Sorry, but depending on one source is simply stupid.
      Wouldn't you be spending thousands now on TV commercials? Magazine ads?
      Newspaper ads? I know I would...just sayin'....

      Lot's of newspapers have gone down. If I had a local business that depended on
      newspaper advertising, would I now say that the newspaper caused my
      business to go under because I can longer advertise there? No. That would
      be inane. I would do direct mail, flyers, radio, email, facebook, etc.

      I don't know when google ever got a monopoly on advertising...like there's
      nowhere else?

      I agree with the poster above, and have said similar for years.

      If google advertising causes you to go out of business, then you really
      did not have a real business to begin with. Some people cannot come to
      grips with that.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blue Apple
    OnlineAddict: you seem very quick to pass judgement about something that you know very little about. That doesn't seem smart, either.

    OP: you did not respond to critterman's question - why did they suspend you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OnlineAddict
      Originally Posted by Blue Apple View Post

      OnlineAddict: you seem very quick to pass judgement about something that you know very little about. That doesn't seem smart, either.
      Maybe, but I'm running business since college and always followed the #1 rule, which is not to depend on 1 traffic source, 1 billing and pretty much 1 everything. Thats not running a business, business needs options and most important, it needs to invest into different sources of income/traffic when having a good period.
      Signature

      From1toMillion.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276357].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author batchos
        It's about time WF includes a "thumbs down" button.


        Originally Posted by OnlineAddict View Post

        Maybe, but I'm running business since college and always followed the #1 rule, which is not to depend on 1 traffic source, 1 billing and pretty much 1 everything. Thats not running a business, business needs options and most important, it needs to invest into different sources of income/traffic when having a good period.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276381].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OnlineAddict
          Originally Posted by batchos View Post

          It's about time WF includes a "thumbs down" button.
          Sometimes the truth needs to be told, running a business is not like playing on a playground, you can't start crying, just because someone is mean to you. I didn't learn anything from people who sweetened up the truth all the time.
          Signature

          From1toMillion.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276446].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Blue Apple
            Originally Posted by OnlineAddict View Post

            Sometimes the truth needs to be told, running a business is not like playing on a playground, you can't start crying, just because someone is mean to you. I didn't learn anything from people who sweetened up the truth all the time.
            Yes, the truth can hurt at times, but calling someone stupid without knowing all of the facts is careless. How is that constructive?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276478].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author OnlineAddict
              Originally Posted by Blue Apple View Post

              Yes, the truth can hurt at times, but calling someone stupid without knowing all of the facts is careless. How is that constructive?
              Wow, I didn't call anyone stupid!!! I said that running a huge business like theirs depending solely on google is stupid. I didn't say they were stupid, if they were, they wouldn't be that big in the first place. But doing stupid things and being stupid are two different things. Sorry if it came out wrong, wasn't meant to be like that.
              Signature

              From1toMillion.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276500].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
              Originally Posted by Blue Apple View Post

              Yes, the truth can hurt at times, but calling someone stupid without knowing all of the facts is careless. How is that constructive?
              I don't think he called anyone stupid. You still didn't answer the question. What reason did they give you for ban?
              Signature
              Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
              CLICK HERE FOR INFO
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276772].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author salegurus
                Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

                I don't think he called anyone stupid.
                Maybe not directly.

                Originally Posted by OnlineAddict View Post

                Sorry, but depending on one source is simply stupid.
                Signature
                Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

                ― George Carlin
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276796].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
                  Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

                  Maybe not directly.
                  As someone mentioned earlier: telling someone that they are doing something stupid and calling them stupid are two different things. Smart people can make dumb decisions.
                  Signature
                  Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
                  CLICK HERE FOR INFO
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gabysanchez225
    To be fair the only thing off about OnlineAddict's message was perhaps his tone but his message is inherently true, though until we get more facts from the OP we won't know what happened.

    This is interesting though, and Google just keeps getting more and more volatile. Give us more details so we can help you out OP!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wade32
    I signed up for Adsense when I first started my blog. After it started to get visibility, I started getting extra clicks on the ads. They then banned my Adsense account because of too many clicks!

    Pathetic.

    Since then, my Google Plus account has also been suspended! Too many shares they said...

    WHAT??

    I hate Google
    Signature
    Get Free Social Media Psychology Updates in Your Email
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim3
    Can we see the email or a get reason for suspension? telling us all Google are crooks is a bit out of order (and possibly slanderous) without proof to back up your claim.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mydream247
    To hell with google, don't let them stop you, take your list of customers and grow your market, offer incentives to your customers for referrals and partner with other websites maybe in fitness niche as you will not be in competition, pay them for a good banner on there website and use that money you spent on Google to continue to grow. Make a good facebook page invite all your current to past customers to join and offer them one hell of a discount to spread the word and go viral. One Monkey don't stop the show!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffreydale
    Try Chitika as an alternative. Doesn't pay as much, but a good alternative until you can resolve things with google or find something better.

    -JD
    Signature

    Full-time entrepreneur | YouTuber | Ecom Coach | Social Media Expert
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6...is36wfg/videos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
    You're hardly out of business.

    - You must have a large customer list after spending so much per month. Time to send some promos and get more recurring billing and delivery options.

    - There is Bing and Yahoo. They may not have Google's volume, maybe a 1/3, but that is nothing to sneeze at.

    - There is SEO.

    - I'm guessing the "vitamins" issue involved some claims about what the vitamins do. Create a new website with a different angle, maybe leave out some products, have a new name and identity, and open a new account. Yes, there is more involved that I've helped others with, and when I say 'new identity' we're talking new everything, including IP and different computer. So it takes a week or two to get going with a new bank account, etc. - beats where you're at right now.

    - Depending on your site, what you're actually selling, and the representations, and your margins for what you can afford, you may find someone willing to run Google ads for you. Obviously, though, not to your current website.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    why after all the posts in here, about google, slaps, craps, penguins, giraffes or whatever idiotic name they come up with are you shocked.

    My thoughts are you would have had warning, but you did not do much, I do not know. But guess what, anyone who relies on JUST GOOGLE ADS for their whole income, wow....... that in itself tells the warriors in here alot.

    Guess what part #2, there are about a gazillion other ways to drive traffic to your sales pages.

    1) Email Joint Ventures

    With others guys in market place.

    2) Article marketing

    600 - 800 words is good.

    3) Banner advertising

    4) CPV advertising

    Fast, Easy and unrelenting


    ##Insert the other 857 ways to get traffic to site here##

    Yes. I got to 4, but I am missing what another 2000 ways you could be getting traffic rather than posting in here how dumb google is.

    I should have charged you for this post, but heck I gave it away for free LOL. I guess getting banned from google is not such a bad thing after all. Or I must urge you to see it that way. They ar not the be all and end all.

    Get out there and start cracking. Get to work and I am sure you will see some good results.

    And tis a lesson to others, not just rely on one source for your revenue and traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I would call them to see what was the main reason.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276812].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      I would call them to see what was the main reason.
      He doesn't have to. They told him why.
      Signature
      Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
      CLICK HERE FOR INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    could you share the email they sent you. I doubt they had no reason to terminate your account.

    Please let us know what happened.

    Thanks
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brains Gone Wild
    Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

    We sell vitamins and own our own line. Very ethical and honest. Spending 10's of thousands each month. They gave us an email warning and before we could even digest the threats they permanently suspended our accounts. As of now, we are officially out of business. Google is nothing short of crooks and have monopolized the online advertising market. Such a frickin shame. I am so disgusted with them and their unstable changes and vague new policies!!!
    Sorry to hear it and this is exactly why we stopped playing with Google! What used to be an awesome (marketer friendly) engine has turned into a greed machine. They've dropped the ball in too many areas to list. I know it can be a painful lesson but hopefully you've learned to diversify your traffic sources and overall business model. Best of luck to you
    Signature
    The 1st and Only Webinar Platform for Internet Marketers is here! Click here to create your account now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author successpaving
    Yes, the question is still unclear to me.
    Signature
    From Zero To $710K In 28 Days CASE STUDY: [VIDEO HERE]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
    Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

    As of now, we are officially out of business.
    Only if you want to be. At the moment, it's just temporary. But you can get campaigns going elsewhere.

    If you can spend 10s of thousands on adwords, you can do advertising in other places.

    Forget about this. As much as it makes you angry, forget it and move forward. Re-group, make a plan, and move forward.

    Have you thought about making a FB page, getting real fans, driving them to a squeeze page or something to get emails, and marketing to them?

    As Celente indicated, there are tons of ways to market your product. So, you got comfortable and it bit you. Lesson learned, never again.

    Experiment with different things...

    Postcard marketing works great for some people. Do small tests, tweek, improve conversions, and then scale up when you're ready.

    Learn to write copy, or hire a very good copywriter, get quality mailing lists, use the SRDS, and do some small direct mail campaigns.

    Think they don't work?

    Clayton Makepeace (highest paid copywriter in the world until he retired), wrote direct mail sales letters for things like vitamins, supplements, etc. He was paid about 10 mil a year for that and others.

    You simply cannot allow your self to think you're officially out of business. You can, but that's up to you.

    Look at this as a kick in the butt that forced you to improve, step out of your comfort zone, and take your business to higher levels.

    Up to you...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blue Apple
    1. Figure out why you were banned, and fix it. If you can't get your account reinstated, get another account and start over with a new domain, business name, mailing/IP/mac address etc. Pretty straightforward and relatively easy, assuming your margins were good. Worst-case scenario - you have to re-brand yourself and revise your product name/packaging. Once you are back up and running, diversify your traffic source(s) and pursue other marketing avenues while building up a client base.

    2. As others have suggested, just move on to other marketing avenues and traffic sources.

    3. Sell your business and move on to the next moneymaker.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7277028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author infogenius
    @op there are sweeter alternative just using facebook that has been mentioned earlier.Why not move your ads to yahoo or microsoft adcenter also?
    Signature

    God is good all the time!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7277079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    There ARE other traffic sources than Adwords. There are tons of topnotch etailers that are doing just fine with NOT A PENNY SPENT on adwords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7277110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cchipster
    We do but repeat biz is a small %
    Signature
    No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author THK
    Maybe eBay and Amazon worth another shot. Seems like they sell quite a few vitamin type products. Not just list them, actually sell them. Wonder why you didn't get much sales from those sources.

    Tanvir
    Signature

    This is my signature!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brunom
    Have you tried Bing? They have a decent volume as well.
    Signature
    1500 Backlinks For Youtube Videos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimK06
    That's horrible news! This you're business for crying out loud. Something must be done
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunyb1
    Yep it stinks when things like this happen, but it's important to try and get to the bottom of it, and of course contacting them is a priority. If I was pulling in a very large sum of money form them I'd be tempted to get in touch no matter how it happened - even if it meant getting on a plane and knocking on their doors with my facts.

    First thing is to check your site does not infringe any of their rules and terms of service and then get in touch asap.

    Good luck.
    Signature
    Download My FREE "Business Ideas" Videos :)
    Ongoing and regular, fresh ideas to inspire and lead you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrDay
    I feel your pain, Cchipster.

    That @%$# sucks!!!!

    Google had suspended my account about a year ago.
    And I hadn't even done a dang thing against their policies.

    They suspended my account permanently because of some old campaigns that I setup a few years ago but I never even used. However, their auto-system detected them as violations.

    I even sent a few emails that were very friendly and elaborate and fully explained everything.

    All I got were generic replies, and clearly they never even read my emails.

    I have to admit when I got that permanent suspension email from Google, and saw my suspended account I wanted to sob like a baby.

    But I've found other alternatives and there's plenty of info online about ways of getting around your Google suspended account. Just Google it or search some of the older threads here on WF.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikeye
    They don't need to give you an explanation why they shut you down. If you ask, they may give you some general reasons, not particular to your case. But at least you may get some ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cchipster
    As I have stated in my long drawn out novel above (lol) I have been talking with them live on the phone, live chat and email. All vague, non-helping descriptions. And now guaranteed refusal to reactivate any of these accounts inthe future.

    TAKE MY WARNING! If you are logging into someone else's account to manage it or something, and you have had ANY bad past with Google, your clients accounts WILL GO DOWN!! :confused:

    I desperately need an effective alternative to Google Conwords. Yes I use Adcenter, but is slow both impressions and clicks. Any other solid traffic networks I didn't list above?
    Signature
    No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7303864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fin
      Go to Hong Kong and set up a company for $1000, then sign-up for a new Google Adwords account (legal with a new company) and start again.

      I'm not a lawyer, but I'd definitely look into it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7303895].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

      As I have stated in my long drawn out novel above (lol) I have been talking with them live on the phone, live chat and email. All vague, non-helping descriptions. And now guaranteed refusal to reactivate any of these accounts inthe future.

      TAKE MY WARNING! If you are logging into someone else's account to manage it or something, and you have had ANY bad past with Google, your clients accounts WILL GO DOWN!! :confused:

      I desperately need an effective alternative to Google Conwords. Yes I use Adcenter, but is slow both impressions and clicks. Any other solid traffic networks I didn't list above?
      This should keep you busy for a while:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...uces-ever.html

      Bear in mind that there is a TON of advertising inventory and that Adwords is just a small portion of the inventory that's out there. Make sure you track and test every keyword.

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

      REGARDLESS OF THIS, This new account which has been now suspended, has always been running under all of my business parters name, card, address the whole 9. I merely log-in to manage our adwords account. They have been tracking my IP? Or something!? THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!
      Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

      As I have stated in my long drawn out novel above (lol) I have been talking with them live on the phone, live chat and email. All vague, non-helping descriptions. And now guaranteed refusal to reactivate any of these accounts inthe future.

      TAKE MY WARNING! If you are logging into someone else's account to manage it or something, and you have had ANY bad past with Google, your clients accounts WILL GO DOWN!! :confused:

      I desperately need an effective alternative to Google Conwords. Yes I use Adcenter, but is slow both impressions and clicks. Any other solid traffic networks I didn't list above?













      Google tracking IPs is IM 101!

      Where have you been for the last 12+ years?









      .
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7307179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Drop the catastrophic language first and foremost. You're hardly 'out of business' within a few hours of a change.

    If they don't want your business, there are plenty of other moves you can make.

    Good luck.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7303923].message }}
    • Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      Drop the catastrophic language first and foremost. You're hardly 'out of business' within a few hours of a change.
      Let's speak hypothetically for a moment.

      Let's say I've got a product. Let's say that product is some sort of vitamin that promises to make women's breasts bigger.

      Let's say that women love that idea (no surgery!).

      Let's say that I buy lots of keywords for breast augmentation and enlargement.

      Let's say the product flies off the shelves.

      Let's say the purchasers find out it doesn't do what it's supposed to. Let's say some of them file chargebacks.

      Let's say that's okay, though, because there's a steady stream of new prospects coming from AdWords.

      Let's say that repeat business is virtually nil because of that little "it doesn't work" problem.

      And then...

      AdWords bans me. No more leads and practically no reorders. Result: I no longer have a business.

      fLufF
      --
      Signature
      Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
      Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7305799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajivonweb
    Even competitor sites making clicks on the ads would ban you. once banned, they are not ready to listen anything..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7303933].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brentb
      Sorry this sounds like you aren't telling us everything. Why would you be calling about the account if its in your partners name? Your partner should call and just say that you hacked his account.

      IP doesn't mean jack, if they banned only from logging in from another IP then everyone would be screwed all the time. I have like 5 accounts and manage other peoples accounts. Never had an issue. All from the same IP.

      Also, if you can't get conversions on some of those traffic sources you listed with a 10k monthly budget then you have no business selling anything online and need to get a 9-5. I highly doubt you even used those sources, MIVA doesn't even exist, its now Adknowledge and has been for at least 2 years if not more so you obviously copy and pasted from somewhere. And seriously, I can convert using email marketing, bingads, 7search and a few other sources you listed in my freakin sleep man, easy as pie, I am sure many others on here can say the same.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304027].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cchipster
        Originally Posted by brentb View Post

        Sorry this sounds like you aren't telling us everything. Why would you be calling about the account if its in your partners name? Your partner should call and just say that you hacked his account.

        IP doesn't mean jack, if they banned only from logging in from another IP then everyone would be screwed all the time. I have like 5 accounts and manage other peoples accounts. Never had an issue. All from the same IP.

        Also, if you can't get conversions on some of those traffic sources you listed with a 10k monthly budget then you have no business selling anything online and need to get a 9-5. I highly doubt you even used those sources, MIVA doesn't even exist, its now Adknowledge and has been for at least 2 years if not more so you obviously copy and pasted from somewhere. And seriously, I can convert using email marketing, bingads, 7search and a few other sources you listed in my freakin sleep man, easy as pie, I am sure many others on here can say the same.

        Frankly, I don't care what you think. Spare us your negative thoughts. Only trying to warn others and possibly get some suggestions on alternatives. If you are such an internet baller, then why are you wasting your time on forums? Shouldnt you be managing all your successful businesses?
        Signature
        No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyoneill
    Sorry to hear about this. Everything happens for a reason, maybe you are destine for another niche or whatever.

    But would be good to fix the problem.

    Thanks for letting us know anyway about what Google could do to anyone.
    Signature
    LOOKING FOR FULL APPLICATION ANDROID SOURCE CODE ?

    CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE FULL ANDROID SOURCE CODE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webproishere
    Mine still stands (what 9 or 10 years old don't recall) but i really don't push it to be honest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304070].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Robbins
      Hey that's terrible news and I really do feel your pain, It's surprising that Google are doing this again after so many adwords accounts were restored this year - including my own (which I no longer use)

      I have just had a Google Plus account suspended believe it or not and the reason although not 100% clear appears to be that they don't think that I am me, now that's strange because I only use my own name online.

      Google is the dominant search engine and it's about time that the internet marketing world hit back and started anti Google campaigns, Google thinks it owns the net (and it almost does) but I'm old enough to remember alta vista and the domination of the MSN search engines, they got very big and started calling the shots, and now I guess if they could go back then they would.

      Internet marketers INHO made Google what it is today, and I guess if we all changed our search engines to Yahoo then Google's traffic would drop like a stone. So how about we start a campaign to stop these bully boy's from pushing everyone online around? let's go start using Yahoo and see how Google reacts to a drop in traffic.

      Google plus is there for one reason only - to get a slice of the traffic on FB and Twitter, because no one see's Google ads on those sites and when they are on those sites the hang about for a long time.

      It's time for the IM world to stand up to the mighty Google, we made them and we can break them - all we have to do is to stand together and switch our marketing efforts away from Google, don't you think they might just miss the traffic? a bit like CChipster
      Signature

      John Robbins Local Biz Seo Video Marketing and Seo
      John Robbins Online Business Coach

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7305278].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cchipster
        Originally Posted by John Robbins View Post

        Hey that's terrible news and I really do feel your pain, It's surprising that Google are doing this again after so many adwords accounts were restored this year - including my own (which I no longer use)

        I have just had a Google Plus account suspended believe it or not and the reason although not 100% clear appears to be that they don't think that I am me, now that's strange because I only use my own name online.

        Google is the dominant search engine and it's about time that the internet marketing world hit back and started anti Google campaigns, Google thinks it owns the net (and it almost does) but I'm old enough to remember alta vista and the domination of the MSN search engines, they got very big and started calling the shots, and now I guess if they could go back then they would.

        Internet marketers INHO made Google what it is today, and I guess if we all changed our search engines to Yahoo then Google's traffic would drop like a stone. So how about we start a campaign to stop these bully boy's from pushing everyone online around? let's go start using Yahoo and see how Google reacts to a drop in traffic.

        Google plus is there for one reason only - to get a slice of the traffic on FB and Twitter, because no one see's Google ads on those sites and when they are on those sites the hang about for a long time.

        It's time for the IM world to stand up to the mighty Google, we made them and we can break them - all we have to do is to stand together and switch our marketing efforts away from Google, don't you think they might just miss the traffic? a bit like CChipster
        All my units are now only running IE and Bing/Yahoo Searches. Cancelling My Gmail accounts too today. Let's start the riff here! WHO's WITH US?

        Signature
        No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7306101].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

          All my units are now only running IE and Bing/Yahoo Searches. Cancelling My Gmail accounts too today. Let's start the riff here! WHO's WITH US?

          Great, another 15 year old that want's to save the world.

          Please don't delete your Google accounts, anything but that. :rolleyes:
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7307204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Sorry to hear about your problems OP, don't get too down and proclaim this is the end of your business it doesn't have to be. You can start building back up and driving traffic from other means (banner ads, email list, forums, social media, blogs, offline marketing etc) and I'd email all your customers and offer some sort of promo to get them back on the site buying. You should never rely on one source of traffic anyway, too risky, so this is then opportunity you need to make changes that will benefit your business in the long run.

    Good luck with it all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Through all of this, I have to ask. $10,000 a month ad expense and selling
      vitamins out the ying-yang.

      Where the hell is your affiliate program?

      That's all I'm going to say. Sorry, but this is just bad business management all
      the way around.

      Live and learn.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304435].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cchipster
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Through all of this, I have to ask. $10,000 a month ad expense and selling
        vitamins out the ying-yang.

        Where the hell is your affiliate program?

        That's all I'm going to say. Sorry, but this is just bad business management all
        the way around.

        Live and learn.

        Same goes for you. Keep your negative comments to yourself. Remember what your mother taught you: If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it! Spare us all!
        Signature
        No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304480].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by cchipster View Post

          Same goes for you. Keep your negative comments to yourself. Remember what your mother taught you: If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it! Spare us all!
          As long as this forum has freedom of speech, to a certain degree, I will make
          any negative comments that I please, especially if they make a lot of sense.

          With your attitude, it's a wonder you ever had a successful business to begin
          with.

          And yes folks, we're not getting the whole story here.

          Not that I really care.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304512].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author cchipster
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dlemon
    If you we're spending that much on Adwords you must have a massive list you can sell to?

    You should hire one of the gurus in here to help you set up a new plan that doesn't include Adwords. And I bet you can get the same results for a lot cheaper.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ledux
    Hire someone to run your AdWords?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304558].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cchipster
      Originally Posted by Ledux View Post

      Hire someone to run your AdWords?

      That is one thought I had as well. Good recommendation here. Thanks!
      Signature
      No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Maui Mike
      Originally Posted by Ledux View Post

      Hire someone to run your AdWords?
      This sounds like a potentially decent option.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ledux
    Also, try out media buys. After all Google is placing their ads on other websites from which they drive traffic to you. Try contacting the websites (is possible) that are on the first page of Google for the keywords you were getting traffic from.

    You might eliminate the middle man (Google) and maybe even get cheaper traffic.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304623].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cchipster
      Originally Posted by Ledux View Post

      Also, try out media buys. After all Google is placing their ads on other websites from which they drive traffic to you. Try contacting the websites (is possible) that are on the first page of Google for the keywords you were getting traffic from.

      You might eliminate the middle man (Google) and maybe even get cheaper traffic.
      Sweet Idea Ledux! Unfortunately, we have exhausted that resource with little to no luck. This is real niche and the 1st and 2nd page results are mainly sites with no ads or are competitors we do not wish to work with unfortunately...
      Signature
      No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shawnlebrun
    hey cchipster,

    If you're doing tens of thousands a month... I would just skip Google and Bing altogether and just start doing media buys. It will be cheaper for you in the long run, plus there's more traffic in media buys than you could ever use.

    I've sold supplements for years, and after a certain point... adwords and any ppc will either slap you or you just don't get the volume needed to make the big bucks.

    I'd talk to someone who is good at buying media and look into that... again, all the big players in this niche are doing media buys and it's MUCH less hassle.

    Also, I personally have a few clients that are using direct mail to crush it in the supplement market... so you may look into using direct mail as well, as long as you have a strong upsell/backend.

    Believe me, I've personally been slapped by google and it sucks. but any business worth being in business will never hinge all their success on just one traffic source.

    In my opinion, if Google shutting you down puts you out of business, you don't really have a business. Businesses should be able to make it though when shit like this happens...

    So, you either fold and go down, or you check out media buys/direct mail and give google the middle finger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304946].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cchipster
      Originally Posted by shawnlebrun View Post

      hey cchipster,

      If you're doing tens of thousands a month... I would just skip Google and Bing altogether and just start doing media buys. It will be cheaper for you in the long run, plus there's more traffic in media buys than you could ever use.

      I've sold supplements for years, and after a certain point... adwords and any ppc will either slap you or you just don't get the volume needed to make the big bucks.

      I'd talk to someone who is good at buying media and look into that... again, all the big players in this niche are doing media buys and it's MUCH less hassle.

      Also, I personally have a few clients that are using direct mail to crush it in the supplement market... so you may look into using direct mail as well, as long as you have a strong upsell/backend.

      Believe me, I've personally been slapped by google and it sucks. but any business worth being in business will never hinge all their success on just one traffic source.

      In my opinion, if Google shutting you down puts you out of business, you don't really have a business. Businesses should be able to make it though when shit like this happens...

      So, you either fold and go down, or you check out media buys/direct mail and give google the middle finger.
      Hi Shawn!

      You rock brother! Great post here. This is the type of recommendations I was looking for with my post. Do you still know anyone in the industry you could link me up with? Or, possibly yourself if interested? Maybe you can PM me and we can talk outside of this space.

      Thanks again, cchipster
      Signature
      No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Another perfect example of why its important to diversify your traffic channels.

    Have a read of this ...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...ml#post7303198

    Interestingly, a few comments posted about "how none of this works" or "its BS"

    Funny how people take notice when something like this happens.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7305008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NelsonSanabria
    they suspended my adsense account today and iwas really close to the threshold.. i had 89.72 and out of nowhere they suspended it..pretty mad right about now!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7306187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brentb
    Start affiliate offers... 2cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7306970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bsbear
    That makes no sense. Why didn't you build a second stream of income and start building a list... that you could own and not pay for, if you had $10,000+ per month to spend on marketing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7307304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    This makes no sense. I was spending $3 a day on AdWords, but Google staff were falling over backwards to help me. Even I had a rep I could phone up.

    I suspect OP is doing some kind of black hat work.

    Anyway, OP is right - nobody ever searched for anything on Yahoo, Bing, Facebook or on forums about vitamins .
    Signature
    ÖŽ FindABlog: Find blogs to comment on, guest posting opportunities and more ÖŽ




    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7308383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brentb
      Originally Posted by brettb View Post

      I suspect OP is doing some kind of black hat work.
      Yes!

      Originally Posted by brettb View Post

      Anyway, OP is right - nobody ever searched for anything on Yahoo, Bing, Facebook or on forums about vitamins .
      LOL, of course other traffic sources work, I bet OP just threw $50 on a poorly set up campaign on some of these sites and didn't do well. No surprise! Adwords isn't 'magic' its the EXACT same traffic BingAds has (Except Bing has less competition so it will probably be cheaper but also lower volume).

      Why not register a new adwords account under a family member or something and just don't access it from your forever blacklisted IP? And if your IP is blacklisted, why not change it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cchipster
    Last few replies: Uggh. LMOL
    Signature
    No signature, I'm sure you will be ok.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MyNewProg
    I must say - it is a refreshing change to be a member of a forum with only 1 or 2 google licking fanboys. Its great to read posts in here which reflect the reality of google scum - rather than the usual garbage of "google is great" "google is trying to clean up for us" "google have a tuff job".

    The reality seems to be very well presented in here - that is - google will destroy you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeremyShawaf
    Get an MCC account from a different gmail email. Then make your current banned email a administrator on THAT account and delete the rights from the user who originally signed up. Voila! A brand new Adwords account! You can thank me by spreading the word to more people who are banned btw sorry if this is BH, but it'll save you.
    Signature

    -Jeremy Shawaf

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8150476].message }}

Trending Topics