What is best method for page 1 Google friendly SEO

by earman
13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Considering all the recent google changes

If you could only do one, which of the following would be the best for Page 1 results on Google?

Backlinks, EDU BACKLINKS, Wiki Backlinks, Angela Backlinks.

Senuke, Link wheel, Link pyramid, Social media, Traffic Geyser

Feel free to suggest others
#friendly #google #google friendly #method #page #page1 #seo #seo method
  • If I was to do 'ONE'?

    That's not SEO friendly.

    The best 'seo' friendly method is to have a great website, with great content. Period.

    That's been the strategy every since day 1 on Google and it will always be the right answer.
    Signature
    Famous for my '$1000 dollar challenge,' I've been teaching people how to DOMINATE on eBay for YEARS. Sell 100% of your items FOR A PROFIT. Rank higher, sell faster, sell more, and DESTROY your competition with a data-based approach. Quit listening to Guru's-in-training! Click now below!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528219].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
      Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post

      If I was to do 'ONE'?

      That's not SEO friendly.

      The best 'seo' friendly method is to have a great website, with great content. Period.

      That's been the strategy every since day 1 on Google and it will always be the right answer.
      To me, "have a great website with great content and it will rank high on Google" is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, myths on the internet.

      Check any keyword other that the absurd nonsense keywords, look at the sites listed at the top in G for that keyword, and you will find that they all have lots of back links and page rank.Most have some form of marketing on the internet for the site.

      G was founded on the now faulty and erroneous concept that you can tell if a site is good by looking to see how many other sites link to it.

      Like any product, you can have the best product ever made, but if no one knows about it, it is the same as if the product does not exist. G thinks that SEO is simply people trying to game G's serps. But to me, SEO is simply people trying to get the word out about and market their site.

      Remember, because G is so paranoid that someone may game their results, they keep changing their formula. What SEO that works now may not work next week.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528337].message }}
  • Which is why Google changes their algorithm daily.

    From day 1, Google is focused on this ONE mindset:

    'We want our users to find what they're looking for in the top result'

    They do this by measuring against relevancy and popularity, but what Penguin and Panda did was to take IRRELEVANCY in the content and backlinks away.

    It wanted to make sure that the CONTENT was relevant.

    This ebb and flow is what happens all the time. One day it's a focus on popularity, then it's content, but it is ALWAYS on relevancy, originality, and quality since day one.
    Signature
    Famous for my '$1000 dollar challenge,' I've been teaching people how to DOMINATE on eBay for YEARS. Sell 100% of your items FOR A PROFIT. Rank higher, sell faster, sell more, and DESTROY your competition with a data-based approach. Quit listening to Guru's-in-training! Click now below!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by earman View Post

    Considering all the recent google changes

    If you could only do one, which of the following would be the best for Page 1 results on Google?

    Backlinks, EDU BACKLINKS, Wiki Backlinks, Angela Backlinks.

    Senuke, Link wheel, Link pyramid, Social media, Traffic Geyser

    Feel free to suggest others

    That's all junk for external links unless that wiki link is a Wikipedia link.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
    I do not drink G's cool aid any more. G is so scared that someone may game their results that G does not reward relevancy, originality, or quality.

    Relevancy - every step that I know of that people have taken to show relevancy has been rejected by G. In fact, G penalizes if you do too much onsite SEO. G thinks that since you are trying your best to show that your site is about guitars, you must be trying to trick people and that your site is really not relevant to guitars but something else. Same for EMD's, titles, meta keywords, and sites that answer questions.

    Originality - G does not penalize sites that copy material from other sites. Look at news sites and they have the same news articles as other news sites. It is called syndication. Other than news, I have searched for certain information and found the very same article on 7 or 8 of the top 10 sites. Again, it is called article syndication.

    Quality - G does not know, and in fact, cannot know what is quality. It is not an expert in all subjects and it does not have experts look at sites. When you are an expert in a subject, you know what is BS and what isn't. I have looked at a lot of sites in subjects that I know, and I can say that G often ranks high sites that are by people who do not know what they are talking about and are giving bogus or incomplete information.

    What does G reward? I really don't know and now don't care. From what I have read, right now G rewards what it deems "natural back linking". But that is faulty and erroneous because most sites do not really link to other sites now days. Every one tries to keep viewers on their site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

      I do not drink G's cool aid any more. G is so scared that someone may game their results that G does not reward relevancy, originality, or quality.

      Relevancy - every step that I know of that people have taken to show relevancy has been rejected by G. In fact, G penalizes if you do too much onsite SEO. G thinks that since you are trying your best to show that your site is about guitars, you must be trying to trick people and that your site is really not relevant to guitars but something else. Same for EMD's, titles, meta keywords, and sites that answer questions.

      Originality - G does not penalize sites that copy material from other sites. Look at news sites and they have the same news articles as other news sites. It is called syndication. Other than news, I have searched for certain information and found the very same article on 7 or 8 of the top 10 sites. Again, it is called article syndication.

      Quality - G does not know, and in fact, cannot know what is quality. It is not an expert in all subjects and it does not have experts look at sites. When you are an expert in a subject, you know what is BS and what isn't. I have looked at a lot of sites in subjects that I know, and I can say that G often ranks high sites that are by people who do not know what they are talking about and are giving bogus or incomplete information.

      What does G reward? I really don't know and now don't care. From what I have read, right now G rewards what it deems "natural back linking". But that is faulty and erroneous because most sites do not really link to other sites now days. Every one tries to keep viewers on their site.

      Relevancy - is the easiest thing you can possibly do to help rank a page. Looks like this Warrior Forum thread ranks #1 in Google SERPs: What is best method for page 1 Google friendly SEO

      Looks like relevancy is working pretty good.

      Originality - It's impossible to know who created what & on what date the original content was first posted. Since originality has nothing to do with ranking a page, not much use in debating that subject.

      Quality - Google isn't looking for knowledge/facts they're looking for relevancy/LSI keywords & pages without typos. Google is like a dictionary & encyclopedia, it's looking for items (keywords) that fit in the same group.

      Good:
      • Keyword: low cost car insurance
        • save
        • quotes
        • quote
        • cheap
        • compare
        • motor
        • rates
        • ‎discount
        • auto
        • drivers
        • companies
        • ratings
        • progressive
        • geico
        • state farm
        • esurance
        • allstate




      Bad:
      • Keyword: low cost car insurance
        • elephant
        • UFO
        • corn
        • zombie
        • Viagra
        • star fish
        • etc...
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

      What does G reward? I really don't know and now don't care. From what I have read, right now G rewards what it deems "natural back linking". But that is faulty and erroneous because most sites do not really link to other sites now days. Every one tries to keep viewers on their site.
      It's usually not too difficult to get backlinks from relevant sites, there's millions of websites that could care less about Google or IM. If you have a decent website that's relevant & serves a purpose other than banking an affiliate link, webmasters will give up links.

      I have 3 same niche sites that I get natural links built by traffic simply because my sites serve a purpose.

      I think most IMers have a problem with giving & are simply in IM for the taking. You have to give in order to get (links, traffic, etc...).

      Link exchanges are frowned on by link builders, but I'll tell you what, I get very good traffic from link exchanges from same niche sites that I don't own. I could care less If Google likes me doing link exchanges or not, I've essentially cut Google out of my traffic flow with the link exchange, since the link is sending me direct same niche traffic.

      I look at link exchanges like this, If my site is selling golf clubs, why wouldn't I hook up with a site that sells golf cars? I'll swap that type of direct traffic all day long & don't care If anyone else (Google, etc...) likes it or not.

      I usually try & keep my traffic around a 50/50 mix, direct traffic/SERP traffic, as a safety net. You have to protect yourself, you can't expect a search engine to babysit your traffic flow, that's just not realistic considering the SERPs aren't static.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shg
    Well i think best is to concentrate on your on page content...quality content, deliver your visitors need. Make similar kind of backlinks which is again fall in the same category like quality content and deliver to your visitors what they want on your backlink page and you will win....

    I hope this will help you...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vivers
    Seems that a perfectly optimized website with tons of killer content about the keyword your trying to rank is the best and safest way now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7528818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author montozza
    1. keyword research is ESSENTIAL before you do anything further

    2. onsite SEO. smaller part of SEO but very important. proper titles, meta descriptions, alt image tags, robots.txt, sitemap, etc. google for "on site SEO check".

    3. great...i will repeat - GREAT and useful UNIQUE content, updated more often.

    4. social signals. without anyone sharing your content, google won't consider your website seriously. i don't mean a bunch of false likes or fans to your facebook page. i mean sharing on various accounts, on a various social networks.

    5. link building - use everything, but you need to balance it. you can't just have a bunch of forum signatures and links in a blog comments without any mention in articles on other blogs. that means you need to invest some time (or money) to write a quality guest posts on the other authority websites in your own niche. vice versa - if you have just a guest posts backlinks without any of "low value" backlinks such as forums and blog comments, google will also become suspicious. di-ver-si-fy your backlinks.

    6. video marketing. find a youtube suggestions for a long tail phrases related to your main keyword. check out for competition. invest some time and make a good video(s) promoting your website.

    when you do all that, and start to drve a decent traffic on a daily basis, make a newsletter and engage your clients to subscribe.
    Signature

    “You can automate everything except content and relationships.”

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7529040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
    Yukon, you know a lot more about SEO that I do, but I disagree with several things.

    First, relevancy. You claim that G looks at relevancy and you cite the fact that G has this thread listed as number 1 when you search for the title of this thread. I can't explain why G has it listed as number 1, but look at the other search results. Some may be applicable, but others are not. See number 6 - Moving Your Site - The SEO-friendly Way | eBoost Consulting.

    Second, quality. While you give a very good explanation as to what G is probably looking for, it is clear that G is not looking for quality. As you correctly said, G is not looking for knowledge or facts. It is looking for what it deems to be relative synonyms. A web site can be garbage, but by using the synonyms and LSI's that G likes, the web site may rank high. G is simply not looking for quality content.

    Third, back links. Even though I have exchanged links with relevant sites, I understand that G doesn't like it and does not count these links as valid links. I wouldn't be surprised if G actually penalized my site for the exchange links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7529091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidfrankk
    Nice list of techniques. Thanks !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7713068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author molsted
    Originally Posted by earman View Post

    Considering all the recent google changes

    If you could only do one, which of the following would be the best for Page 1 results on Google?

    Backlinks, EDU BACKLINKS, Wiki Backlinks, Angela Backlinks.

    Senuke, Link wheel, Link pyramid, Social media, Traffic Geyser

    Feel free to suggest others
    None of them. At least not as your main seo strategy. Go with what Yukon suggests. It all makes sense.

    I'd recommend you start by writing good quality content on your website and associated blog (if any), ask niche related webmasters if they' like to post an article on their site. If they do, write a good quality article and you might get both traffic and a link back as a result.

    If you have a good, old domain with no fishy link building done to it at all maybe all you have to do is to find some nice long tail keywords, write some good content and google will maybe rank you without having to do any off-page seo at all. I can tell you, I have a few old sites that I have done absolutely NO off-page SEO work on and whatever article I write on these domains get ranked well for the chosen keywords. Probably because they are quality and relevant articles to the theme of that website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7713313].message }}

Trending Topics