SEO Host- Buying 5 Shared IPs?

38 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have about 5 sites right now on one regular hosting account (~$70/year). I'm planning on building up to 20 total sites throughout this year. My hosting account is about to renew and I'm wondering if I should just switch to SEO Host and get 5 Shared C Class IPs(~$120). This way I could have 4 of my sites on each IP, rather than all 20 on one IP. Each IP will also obviously have sites from other people since they are "shared" (cheaper) IPs.

Is this a necessary switch for me?

I'm planning on getting Ultimate Demon and using it to build links to all my sites. My thought is that I could get slapped if Google sees backlinks from the SAME PAGES leading to my sites on the SAME ONE IP. Is this a valid concern?

Please me help me understand this
Kyle
#buying #host #ips #seo #shared
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    You're probably better off finding a few cheap hosting plans as opposed to using this "seo hosting". Google is not stupid and can figure out who owns what netblocks, where they're traced to (physically), whois info, affiliate ID's, analytics ID's, tracking codes, content etc etc.

    There's no legitimate evidence that says one if better than the other.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7562992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    In my opinion, SEO hosts are a bad idea. About the only people using SEO hosts are people trying to game the search engines. Google is not stupid. Using an SEO host can put you in their crosshairs.

    You could buy 5 shared hosting accounts for the same price or so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simin
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      In my opinion, SEO hosts are a bad idea. About the only people using SEO hosts are people trying to game the search engines. Google is not stupid. Using an SEO host can put you in their crosshairs.

      You could buy 5 shared hosting accounts for the same price or so.
      I don't agree with you...
      Separated IP's to your sites is good for SEO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7582066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xela
    It is better to spend these money for high quality content.
    As Kingfish85 said google may find all your sites using other ways.
    Just try our website (from signature) to see how easy to find website networks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pjman
    Distinct IPs are old hat. There up their with using meta tags.

    Give google some credit, that is easy for them to guess. focus on your content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Campbell24
    So is it completely fine to host 20 domains on one account? (These are just regular "money sites"- not high PR sites for linking to the other sites)
    Signature
    FREE SEO CONSULTATION/ADVICE (from a 7-figure earner)

    I will answer your SEO questions 100% for free.

    Just ask me whatever you want!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by bathunter View Post

      So is it completely fine to host 20 domains on one account? (These are just regular "money sites"- not high PR sites for linking to the other sites)
      I am not a fan of having all my sites on one server for all kinds of reasons including one single server going down meaning that I have 20 money makers offline at the same time. Not even an issue of IPs in your case. Many if not most shared hosts allow you multiple accounts on the same server and you can find some extremely cheap. Personally if it were me I would get two or three of those and call it a day.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7567837].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SEOlover
        I guess aseohosting is able to satisfy all your SEO needs with no problems.
        Support is second to none and prices are competitive.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7578991].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        I am not a fan of having all my sites on one server for all kinds of reasons including one single server going down meaning that I have 20 money makers offline at the same time. Not even an issue of IPs in your case. Many if not most shared hosts allow you multiple accounts on the same server and you can find some extremely cheap. Personally if it were me I would get two or three of those and call it a day.
        Dang Mike. I would have said the exact same thing. That's scary.

        People that peddle "hosting for SEO" are just using scare tactics to fatten
        their wallets by snookering unsuspecting people.

        Normal webmsters, doing normal things, never need much worry in 2013.

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pjman
    I have seen 12 domains all on a shared server ip cranking 2 million monthly page views each. It's all about the content.

    Ip worries stopped about 3 years ago when google became a private registrar authority. They have over 30 ways to track outside of IPs. Unless you're trying to completely game the system, IPs should the last thing on your mind.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
    If you're building a business, it's always best to be safe, right? All of my PBN sites have a separate C class IP, at least. The majority have completely different IP's and locations. I want to minimize the risk and chance of my business being destroyed... So, I prefer to spend an extra $50/month or whatever.
    Signature

    Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicky Papers
    Originally Posted by bathunter View Post

    'm wondering if I should just switch to SEO Host and get 5 Shared C Class IPs(~$120).
    What hosting provider is selling (5) Shared C Class IP's for $9.99 per month? :confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7567604].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Derrick H
      Man I go away for vacation and come back to this discussion (happy 2013)

      Saw a few things on here that I have to comment on:

      1. Not all "SEO Hosting" companies are created the same!
      2. If you are creating a link wheel, blog wheel, something that resembles a wheel thats old news and good luck getting away with it in 2013.
      3. Someone asked where you can 5 Shared C Class IP's for ($9.99 mo or $120.00 for the year) should search harder because thats overpriced you should be shooting for the $7.50mo or 90.00 yearly
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kakucis
    Unless you are interlinking those websites you don't need SEO hosting with several IP addresses. I have around 40 website on the same shared hosting and it's ok as long as I am not trying to interlink them.

    If you are looking to interlink those sites then SEO hosting is better choice. However, it's not worth to have 5 IP addresses for 20 websites and 20 websites are not nearly enough to rank your websites better in Google.

    To sum everything up: You don't need SEO hosting.
    Signature
    MCJOnline.com - Website statistics and valuation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    Originally Posted by Derrick H View Post

    Man I go away for vacation and come back to this discussion (happy 2013)

    Saw a few things on here that I have to comment on:

    1. Not all "SEO Hosting" companies are created the same!
    2. If you are creating a link wheel, blog wheel, something that resembles a wheel thats old news and good luck getting away with it in 2013.
    3. Someone asked where you can 5 Shared C Class IP's for ($9.99 mo or $120.00 for the year) should search harder because thats overpriced you should be shooting for the $7.50mo or 90.00 yearly
    Well, since "all seo hosting companies aren't the same", I'd like to know how exactly you're selling "Class C" IP addresses since CIDR replaced classfull address YEARS ago, yet the marketing gimmick bs of "magical IP addresses" goes on.


    OP, focus on your content and not falling victim to this crap. The search engines are in no way stupid & use more info that just an IP address to rank your sites. Even if you have 10 sites, all with different IP addresses in different netblocks, THEY ALL TRACE TO THE SAME SERVER. The take the same route, in most cases ARIN reports the same owner on all the netblocks etc. It's pointless. Although, it's beating a dead horse because some "seo expert" said it has merit. :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Derrick H
      Good to see you to KingFish85

      What we sell and what other hosting companies sell is based on market demand whether its C Class IP's or not!

      Content has been and always will be king. In 2013 my opinion (not that I am expert at SEO or claim to be) but you should be focused on making sure your good if not great content gets in front of the people who actually care about it.

      A good moto from Adam Torkildson pretty much sums it up for me
      "It's Who You Rank For, Not What You Rank For"
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579769].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
        Originally Posted by Derrick H View Post

        Good to see you to KingFish85

        What we sell and what other hosting companies sell is based on market demand whether its C Class IP's or not!
        A demand for what? Something that doesn't exist? But, at the end of the day, there's no arguing with "SEO web hosts" since they pretty much have built a business off of ignorance and the gullibility of those who don't know.

        It's as ridiculous as buying 4 different "unique" brands of tires to make your car go faster.
        Doesn't that sound silly?
        :rolleyes:

        Not to mention aiding in the depletion of ipv4 space for "seo".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579824].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Derrick H
          Kingfish85-A demand for what? Something that doesn't exist? But, at the end of the day, there's no arguing with "SEO web hosts" since they pretty much have built a business off of ignorance and the gullibility of those who don't know.


          Oh kind of like all of the unlimited resources hosting providers, who have built a business of peoples ignorance and gullibility that resources are infinite and everyone can have unlimited bandwidth...

          Hello Kingfish nobody is arguing with you or having to rely on taking small jabs in how a business operates and what products they sell either.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579924].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
            Originally Posted by Derrick H View Post


            Oh kind of like all of the unlimited resources hosting providers, who have built a business of peoples ignorance and gullibility that resources are infinite and everyone can have unlimited bandwidth...

            Hello Kingfish nobody is arguing with you or having to rely on taking small jabs in how a business operates and what products they sell either.
            Yep, same concept. Not taking "jabs", just stating facts.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7580093].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

              Yep, same concept. Not taking "jabs", just stating facts.

              Sure you are. Every time you wind up on this subject you take jabs at your competitors and "SEO experts". I'd spend more time on my services than trying to castigate entire professions
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7580168].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Sure you are. Every time you wind up on this subject you take jabs at your competitors and "SEO experts". I'd spend more time on my services than trying to castigate entire professions
                No, the only ones who take offense to the facts are those trying to sell this crap.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581457].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

          Dang Mike. I would have said the exact same thing. That's scary.
          I know. I am now sitting in a corner sucking on the edge of a blanket until the world ends.

          Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

          It's pointless. Although, it's beating a dead horse because some "seo expert" said it has merit. :rolleyes:
          Almost every SEO expert I know now recommends getting different IPs from varied shared hosting companies which does give you presences on multiple boxes. Your usual rant against SEO experts is as usual off target. Plus you have yet to explain to anyone how you know that competitors looking at you in the serps will dig past the different Ips (most manual reviews are from link spam reports).

          Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

          A demand for what? Something that doesn't exist? ....It's as ridiculous as buying 4 different "unique" brands of tires to make your car go faster.
          Doesn't that sound silly?
          Personally I find it it as meaningless and ridiculous as claiming you sell business class hosting when Business Class has no defined meaning that can be pinned down to anything objective. Same kind of meaningless marketing you are accusing others of.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7580161].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            I know. I am now sitting in a corner sucking on the edge of a blanket until the world ends.



            Almost every SEO expert I know now recommends getting different IPs from varied shared hosting companies which does give you presences on multiple boxes. Your usual rant against SEO experts is as usual off target. Plus you have yet to explain to anyone how you know that competitors looking at you in the serps will dig past the different Ips (most manual reviews are from link spam reports).



            Personally I find it it as meaningless and ridiculous as claiming you sell business class hosting when Business Class has no defined meaning that can be pinned down to anything objective. Same kind of meaningless marketing you are accusing others of.
            Ok, and? That's not what I said. Go back and re-read my very first post on this thread. Then read what I said a few posts down. This "SEO" hosting is NOT going to put these on different servers, on different netblocks in different geographic locations.

            Meaningless market of... "business class": High quality, reliable & honest services.

            Of course though, your argument is not going to be any different from the "SEO" webhost in here since you're preaching this "Class A, B & C IP's" on your website. Class A,B,C does not exist any longer.

            So please, explain to me how my argument is off target?

            CIDR replaced classfull IP addressing years ago, there is no C class.

            Again, as I said in my first post, the OP should use different companies to achieve what he wants. SEO hosting "multiple c class ip's"?? Again, all of the netblocks trace back to the same place - common sense networking here...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581455].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

              Of course though, your argument is not going to be any different from the "SEO" webhost in here since you're preaching this "Class A, B & C IP's" on your website.
              well of course I preach that . It illustrates the point that they need different server setups. Since I teach my guys to have different shared hosts and that puts them on different servers entirely you have no point just a meaningless rant and slander against your competitors and these alleged "seo experts" you love to rant about. Class A, B , C and D still exist and will for the foreseeable future because they are terms of language not merely of technicality. People use the term and will continue to - deal with it - Its how language works. Its determined by usage not geek techs that should be spending more time on running their business.

              Meaningless market of... "business class": High quality, reliable & honest services.
              See?
              Perfect illustration of meaninglessness. There is not a professional host on the planet that doesn't claim to have high quality, reliability and honesty. Its meaningless marketing talk.

              SEO hosting "multiple c class ip's"?? Again, all of the netblocks trace back to the same place - common sense networking here...
              Competitors do not trace all those things no matter what you claim. The plainest one is still IP address and you know it which is why you are dodging answering that point. If a competitor looks up Ip address and sees

              64.201.87.102 on one link and then another link from anothr domain with
              64.201.87. __ its a dead give away

              as compared to

              64.201.87.102 and then
              76.102.54._

              The latter in most cases is likely to be on a separate server. Now go ahead and do some more hand waving like you can't see the point.

              (numbers are strictly random to illustrate the obvious point you can try to dodge but can't) .
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581594].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                No, the only ones who take offense to the facts are those trying to sell this crap.
                You sell the same "crap". All you sell is hosting and thats all they do as well and you really should be more civil because someone could point out that many SEO hosts never took four days to setup any clients accounts like you just did according to your client over on webhostingtalk recently. Lots of people would say (and practically did) that that is crap not "quality service".

                See? everyone can throw the crappy stone at others. Thats why they have this saying - "don't throw stones when you live in glass houses"

                So sorry......Its all just hosting - not world peace or children starving in the Sudan or Uganda. You are about to pop a vein because you priorities are out of balance. Now fair enough you are not alone on this. I notice alot of hosting types that get all bent out of shape about "Wasting" IP allocation like its some world changer issue but Its not. Drink some Ginger ale, eat a banana and chill. Step away from the monitor for a few hours each day - maybe volunteer to be a big brother in an Urban area and you will find things to really get upset over and hopefully become as passionate about because this shouldn't be it.

                The whole Ip thing means nothing except to geeks. Many of the SEO hosts you hate sell accounts with different Ips at the SAME PRICE OR LESS than non seo hosts so all the gullibility and crap claims are just nonsense.

                So what if someone decides they want to have an IP range that looks to even just naive competitors like they are on different servers due to the Ip ranges? You going to have a cow each time its mentioned when you charge $5.50 for one account a month and some of them charge $5.00. there are some hosts that charge $9-$20 to host one site and you know it. So either way there is n rip-off as you imply. No?

                Their hosting is crap just because they offer a different set of IP numbers?

                Now that reasoning is the real crap
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581686].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
                  Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                  You sell the same "crap". All you sell is hosting and thats all they do as well and you really should be more civil because someone could point out that many SEO hosts never took four days to setup any clients accounts like you just did according to your client over on webhostingtalk recently. Lots of people would say (and practically did) that that is crap not "quality service".
                  Read the entire thread. The account was setup instantly. The problem was a nameserver conflict. Instead of replying to our tickets, the person took the issue to a forum before it could be looked at. The customer was also compensated for the mix up.

                  See? everyone can throw the crappy stone at others. Thats why they have this saying - "don't throw stones when you live in glass houses"

                  So sorry......Its all just hosting - not world peace or children starving in the Sudan or Uganda. You are about to pop a vein because you priorities are out of balance. Now fair enough you are not alone on this. I notice alot of hosting types that get all bent out of shape about "Wasting" IP allocation like its some world changer issue but Its not. Drink some Ginger ale, eat a banana and chill. Step away from the monitor for a few hours each day - maybe volunteer to be a big brother in an Urban area and you will find things to really get upset over and hopefully become as passionate about because this shouldn't be it.

                  The whole Ip thing means nothing except to geeks. Many of the SEO hosts you hate sell accounts with different Ips at the SAME PRICE OR LESS than non seo hosts so all the gullibility and crap claims are just nonsense.

                  So what if someone decides they want to have an IP range that looks to even just naive competitors like they are on different servers due to the Ip ranges? You going to have a cow each time its mentioned when you charge $5.50 for one account a month and some of them charge $5.00. there are some hosts that charge $9-$20 to host one site and you know it. So either way there is n rip-off as you imply. No?

                  Their hosting is crap just because they offer a different set of IP numbers?

                  Now that reasoning is the real crap
                  No, honestly, the hosting is crap because they're selling something that has no bearing on SEO. It's a deliberate waste of IP addresses. Period. Sorry, it is what it is.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581730].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                    Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

                    Read the entire thread. The account was setup instantly. The problem was a nameserver conflict. Instead of replying to our tickets, the person took the issue to a forum before it could be looked at.
                    I read the whole thread and know what it was and no if the site cannot be reached because of a problem on your server it was not "setup instantly". Anyone can have issues with their service but you should not be trying to claim it was all the clients fault. either you or another rep already admitted to your fault so that won't work. My point was not to malign your services (though it stopped me from signing up) but to show that you could approach your competitors with a little bit more tact. The fact that they use up more IPs is just crazy to have this venom for them. If they sold something that actually ripped people off or hurt them it would make some sense but price wise its perfectly in line with ordinary hosting charges.


                    No, honestly, the hosting is crap because they're selling something that has no bearing on SEO
                    If you were being honest you would admit that their hosting has as much bearing on SEo as does any hosts and like it or not the IP range in alot of situations will thwart a report against a SEO network which is the reason it is called SEO hosting (although as I recommend the same can be said for multiple shared hosting acounts) . No one has ever claimed ( and you have been corrected about this before) that the hosting by itself makes for better ranking of a money site. ln most cases everyone mentioning SEo hosts is referring to usage for a SEO network of sites and helping to protect it.

                    It's a deliberate waste of IP addresses. Period. Sorry, it is what it is.
                    Sorry Its a non issue to the consumer. is what it is. People such as yourself have been whining about this for years saying they will cause the hosting sky to fall and yet no such thing has happened.

                    Like I said step away from the computer and find a real issue to get upset over. Who knows next you might be feuding with a neighbor that they run their sprinkler and its a waste of water to evaporation

                    and P.S. going after SEOs just for using a term like Class C IPs (of which there are far more than just me since EVERYONE here that has a SEO network uses the term at some point ) is just bone head marketing. You are potentially alienating a whole host of people who use alot of hosting while trying to sell your hosting at every turn on these forums.

                    I have serious reservations about anyone who clearly is trying to hold themselves out as an expert in their field while trying to disparage experts in another field. SEO isn't rocket science but neither is hosting.
                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581839].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
                      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                      Sorry Its a non issue to the consumer. is what it is. People such as yourself have been whining about this for years saying they will cause the hosting sky to fall and yet no such thing has happened.

                      Like I said step away from the computer and find a real issue to get upset over. Who knows next you might be feuding with a neighbor that they run their sprinkler and its a waste of water to evaporation

                      and P.S. going after SEOs just for using a term like Class C IPs (of which there are far more than just me since EVERYONE here that has a SEO network uses the term at some point ) is just bone head marketing. You are potentially alienating a whole host of people who use alot of hosting while trying to sell your hosting at every turn on these forums.

                      I have serious reservations about anyone who clearly is trying to hold themselves out as an expert in their field while trying to disparage experts in another field. SEO isn't rocket science but neither is hosting.
                      It doesn't matter man, this forum and a handful of other "internet marketing" forums are the only places pretty much on the internet that preach this unique IP crap & seo hosting this/that. At the end of the day, if the OP is gullible enough to pay a "stupid" tax for an IP address to fool the search engines into thinking the linked sites are legit, then so be it.

                      I guess it's bonehead marketing to you because I'd rather explain the truth to people on this IP based vs name based hosting nonsense. It's nothing more than a placebo effect.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7582372].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                        Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

                        It doesn't matter man, this forum and a handful of other "internet marketing" forums are the only places pretty much on the internet that preach this unique IP crap & seo hosting this/that. At the end of the day, if the OP is gullible enough to pay a "stupid" tax for an IP address
                        What stupid tax? You are making that up in order to have a point but it doesn't work. The cost for an Ip attached to an account is the same that many hosts charge for one site hosting. Here look it up -

                        One site monthly at Host gator if you pay by the month

                        Web Hosting - Shared cPanel Web Hosting
                        is 7.16 a month

                        and here is one of your arch nemesis pricing
                        SEO Hosting | Multiple IP Hosting | SEO Web Hosting

                        which works out to about 5.00 bucks per IP per month each. Now you and I both know that you know that there are hosts that are not SEO hosts but still charge even $15 for a single site hosting so your argument is that because they attach a unique IP to their hosting it makes it a "stupid tax" even though there are people who don't use SEO hosts AT ALL that pay more. Sorry doesn't wash.

                        Thanks you for the opportunity to illustrates that your ENTIRE argument has no legs outside of the rant about wasting IPs. You have nothing else but wish to call anyone into questions who uses the Class names to refer to the parts of the IP A B C and D. Its an argument about words and nothing else. there are still and will continue to be four parts to an IP address for almost all sites and it continues to be true that if the first three match then it is likely to be on the same server/host so that if it isn't it will look to competitors like they are not on the same server. Your claim that it can have no value is hogwash because even if a a unique Ip stops a competitor from reporting a network because THEY think its legit on separate hosts it would indeed have value.

                        I guess it's bonehead marketing to you because I'd rather explain the truth .
                        You have explained no truth. You have done nothing but fabricated in your rants against SEO experts and your competitors. You previously fabricated a totally false claim the I and others believe in the magical powers of Class C IPs when we reference it only in terms of protecting a SEO network and you have now fabricated a fairy tale tax that does not hold up when prices in the real world are examined.

                        If you think that my expression bonehead was calling you stupid you have my apologies. I don't think you are stupid at all. I just think you are being obstinate and arrogant in attacking "SEO experts" (while clearly trying to elevate your own "expertise") and those that provide seo hosting when it is obvious you did not and to an extent still do not understand the issues involved.
                        Signature

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7582788].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
                          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                          What stupid tax? You are making that up in order to have a point but it doesn't work. The cost for an Ip attached to an account is the same that many hosts charge for one site hosting. Here look it up -

                          One site monthly at Host gator if you pay by the month

                          Web Hosting - Shared cPanel Web Hosting
                          is 7.16 a month

                          and here is one of your arch nemesis pricing
                          SEO Hosting | Multiple IP Hosting | SEO Web Hosting

                          which works out to about 5.00 bucks per IP per month each. Now you and I both know that you know that there are hosts that are not SEO hosts but still charge even $15 for a single site hosting so your argument is that because they attach a unique IP to their hosting it makes it a "stupid tax" even though there are people who don't use SEO hosts AT ALL that pay more. Sorry doesn't wash.

                          Thanks you for the opportunity to illustrates that your ENTIRE argument has no legs outside of the rant about wasting IPs. You have nothing else but wish to call anyone into questions who uses the Class names to refer to the parts of the IP A B C and D. Its an argument about words and nothing else. there are still and will continue to be four parts to an IP address for almost all sites and it continues to be true that if the first three match then it is likely to be on the same server/host so that if it isn't it will look to competitors like they are not on the same server. Your claim that it can have no value is hogwash because even if a a unique Ip stops a competitor from reporting a network because THEY think its legit on separate hosts it would indeed have value.



                          You have explained no truth. You have done nothing but fabricated in your rants against SEO experts and your competitors. You previously fabricated a totally false claim the I and others believe in the magical powers of Class C IPs when we reference it only in terms of protecting a SEO network and you have now fabricated a fairy tale tax that does not hold up when prices in the real world are examined.

                          If you think that my expression bonehead was calling you stupid you have my apologies. I don't think you are stupid at all. I just think you are being obstinate and arrogant in attacking "SEO experts" (while clearly trying to elevate your own "expertise") and those that provide seo hosting when it is obvious you did not and to an extent still do not understand the issues involved.
                          Well, you win. No search engines look past the IP of the site. They don't look at the content, whois info, swip on the block, geo location, comparison of paths to each site etc. :rolleyes: Not to mention analytics ID's, Adsense ID's and other identifiers that people forget about.

                          Sorry, you might be able to fool unknowing people here, but I'm not buying your bs. Pure speculation and nothing more.

                          Like I said before, it doesn't matter. Instead of creating garbage spam networks to fool the search engines, try creating content that's actually useful; you'd be surprised how well it works.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7584065].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                            Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

                            Well, you win. No search engines look past the IP of the site. They don't look at the content, whois info, swip on the block, geo location, comparison of paths to each site etc. :rolleyes: Not to mention analytics ID's, Adsense ID's and other identifiers that people forget about.
                            Nice try but its just you dodging from what you can't answer. NO one said that if Google wants to find you they can't but

                            A) you assume to know that reviewers of a sites backlinks actually check all those things and worse the part that has you dodging and hand waving - you show a total cluelessness about how sites get checked by Google in the first place - competitors reports and so

                            B) it is a virtual certainty that the average webmaster who might report the site with the obvious same IP numeric structure is not going to check half the things you just listed if they see an IP range that raises no further suspicion. So to any rational person anything that would cut down on competitor reports DOES have value and your argument falls flat like a throw rug.

                            B has been brought up to you now three or four times and you don't respond to it because you can't and it totally destroys your point of separate IPs having no value.

                            Sorry, you might be able to fool unknowing people here, but I'm not buying your bs. Pure speculation and nothing more.
                            Your "bs" has already been exposed with your fabricated "tax" I just totally dismantled and claims that people believe that class C ips have magically power has been set straight by more than me in other threads you spew the same. It was a lie from the get go. NO ONE EVER claimed unique IPs give you extra bounce in serps ONLY that they help to protect a SEO network. You were the only unknowing person as to what the usage was deemed of value for. SO you have no claim to superior knowing . You have demonstrated that you don't understand the issues you are debating outside of whining about semantics.


                            Like I said before, it doesn't matter. Instead of creating garbage spam networks to fool the search engines, try creating content that's actually useful; you'd be surprised how well it works.
                            And does your X Ray vision and God like Omniscience inform you of what content is on all SEO networks including the many you have never seen?

                            That s really your biggest problem you just assume and assume to know everything (and yet take four days to correct a DNS problem on your server for a customer -omniscience must have been on the blink that week) .

                            Anyway Never mind us SEOs - even though I can't find you ranking for any of your title page keywords (and your sig link site is clearly not just for WF like mine.) I am sure you are the real expert on SEO :rolleyes:

                            We are done here. I see no more value in this exchange. Your points have been busted and all there is now is hand waving. You can pass on my alleged "BS" and I will pass on your BC "Business class" hosting that at times takes you four days to fix.
                            Signature

                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7584879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author f00gee
    generally legitimate upstream providers (isp and hosts) will require justification of ip usage before assigning large amounts of ip space. this is because upstream providers need to show the same justification for additional allocations from ARIN. With ip space running very low additional allocations are harder to receive. So as time goes on rules become strict. SEO is not a valid reason for ip allocation hence not a sustainable business model.

    Google is aware of the workings of the internet so relax i am sure no one is punished for sharing an ip with a thousand other domains.

    if your still concerned. the SEO shared ip model does not make sense to me because in the end its still a shared ip. you will accomplish the same thing by purchasing multiple shared hosting plans from different hosts or the same host if they rotate servers new accounts are set up on.

    If your sites justify the expense invest in a more private solution such as VPS or Dedicated server. Dedicated ip address and the environment is not shared therefore more secure.
    Signature

    Mike @ InterServer.net
    Web, VPS and Dedicated Hosting

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7579901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author f00gee
    No need to get heated.

    A Toyota and a Rolls-Royce will get you from point A to point B. (personally i prefer a little american muscle under the hood)

    In the end its up to the consumer to decide.
    Signature

    Mike @ InterServer.net
    Web, VPS and Dedicated Hosting

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7580214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Austin E Anthony
    A lot of people recommend to stay away from seo host. I wouldn't risk it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7584076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karismasand
    I was in the same situation but i buy 5 different hosting packages from 5 different providers and i have a very good variation of IP's, different nameservers.

    I have concluded that it is better then a SEO Hosting.

    All 5 packages cost me about $12/MO

    Hope this help!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7584932].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

      I was in the same situation but i buy 5 different hosting packages from 5 different providers and i have a very good variation of IP's, different nameservers.

      I have concluded that it is better then a SEO Hosting.

      All 5 packages cost me about $12/MO

      Hope this help!
      Good for you thats the way I recommend getting Unique IPs plus you don't have all sites subject to one server failure. SEO hosting isn't bad because separate Class C Range IPs are of no value for a network but because they tend to have too many networks on them and then when one gets dinged the others networks on the same server tend to get hit more often along with them
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7584980].message }}

Trending Topics