Why a New Site is PR5?

by Peoney
45 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi guys I have come across a website that is PR5 but the website has just started late last year and there are few contents in it but there are no links or affiliate links on the post. and this site is PR5, All the contents are shown in Full view on the homepage. It has no Alexa rank. site is affiliatenote.info I know it is difficult to get high PR

Can anyone please tell me how this site get a PR5 so fast? Could it be because the whole contents are all shown in homepage? Could it be because it has no affiliate links? etc..
#pr5 #site
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Peoney View Post

    Hi guys I have come across a website that is PR5 but the website has just started late last year and there are few contents in it but there are no links or affiliate links on the post. and this site is PR5, All the contents are shown in Full view on the homepage. It has no Alexa rank. site is affiliatenote.info I know it is difficult to get high PR

    Can anyone please tell me how this site get a PR5 so fast? Could it be because the whole contents are all shown in homepage? Could it be because it has no affiliate links? etc..
    Content has NOTHING to do with PR.

    Looks like the site actually has quite a few links. Not sure what you are using to check backlinks, but it's lousy. I'm seeing around 9000 links.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7606722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peoney
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Content has NOTHING to do with PR.

      Looks like the site actually has quite a few links. Not sure what you are using to check backlinks, but it's lousy. I'm seeing around 9000 links.
      I am not talkign about backlinks in it... I was talking about an affiliate links

      But in the SEOquake toolbar it says Links - 34/2 whatever links means
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7627895].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Peoney
        @MikeFriedman would you share us the software you use to check backlinks?

        Thank you for your answer guys, it help me to understand more on what to do with my websites. I will do a specific project on one of my PR1 site and might share you the result once i build relevant backlinks on it. My target is at least PR3 within this few months.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7627920].message }}
    • Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Content has NOTHING to do with PR.

      Looks like the site actually has quite a few links. Not sure what you are using to check backlinks, but it's lousy. I'm seeing around 9000 links.
      That's a very weird response. I have seen one of my friend built a free blogger blog and posted one article there. The article was very well written I must say. But he never did any backlinking (I know that because he built it as a web 2.0 properties for a money site). Within 7-8 days it got PR 2 (may be a PR update took place within that time luckily). How did that page got it? Without any backlinking? I always knew that contents plays the biggest role to get PR of a page while backlinking can boost it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7656039].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Bonita T Josephson View Post

        That's a very weird response. I have seen one of my friend built a free blogger blog and posted one article there. The article was very well written I must say. But he never did any backlinking (I know that because he built it as a web 2.0 properties for a money site). Within 7-8 days it got PR 2 (may be a PR update took place within that time luckily). How did that page got it? Without any backlinking? I always knew that contents plays the biggest role to get PR of a page while backlinking can boost it.
        Ever considered that other people might have linked to the site cause of the great content?

        Content on itself does not influence PR.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7656116].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Peoney View Post

    Hi guys I have come across a website that is PR5 but the website has just started late last year and there are few contents in it but there are no links or affiliate links on the post. and this site is PR5, All the contents are shown in Full view on the homepage. It has no Alexa rank. site is affiliatenote.info I know it is difficult to get high PR

    Can anyone please tell me how this site get a PR5 so fast? Could it be because the whole contents are all shown in homepage? Could it be because it has no affiliate links? etc..
    PR is dependent on the quality of a site's backlinks. So, the site most likely has backlinks from high PR sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7606742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UMS
    If you had a completely empty site/homepage and received 1 backlink from the homepage of Google, Twitter or Facebook, then bingo, instant high PR.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7606765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kimseo
      Originally Posted by UMS View Post

      If you had a completely empty site/homepage and received 1 backlink from the homepage of Google, Twitter or Facebook, then bingo, instant high PR.
      But how do you receive backlink from the homepage of Google, Twitter or Facebook, that too for empty domain ? :confused::confused:
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607260].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Austin E Anthony
        Originally Posted by kimseo View Post

        But how do you receive backlink from the homepage of Google, Twitter or Facebook, that too for empty domain ? :confused::confused:
        I think what he is trying to say is that if you get a link from a high pr site, you will get a high PR
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607399].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kaluuu
        But, a 5 PR with 1 backlinks from a good source doesn't have the strength of a 5 PR with thousands of backlinks and also aged.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607743].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by kaluuu View Post

          But, a 5 PR with 1 backlinks from a good source doesn't have the strength of a 5 PR with thousands of backlinks and also aged.
          How do you know? How many PR 5's do you have with 1 backlink from a good source that you have tested this on?
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607769].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author LloydMS
            The site referenced in the OP has thousands of backlinks created, thus the high PR. But I'm going to bet that it doesn't stay up there for long if you start looking at it's backlink profile. Very unnatural looking and not very good use of anchor text.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607784].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author karismasand
          Originally Posted by kaluuu View Post

          But, a 5 PR with 1 backlinks from a good source doesn't have the strength of a 5 PR with thousands of backlinks and also aged.
          You will get more bust in SERPS if you get that PR5 from more domains because more sites vote for you. If you get PR5 from 1 site then not help you in SERPS.

          PR for this site affiliatenote.info is FAKE because on this page Affiliate Marketing « Affiliate Note don't receive PR and that page is DOFOLLOW and is found on home page
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629268].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
            Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

            PR for this site affiliatenote.info is FAKE because on this page Affiliate Marketing « Affiliate Note don't receive PR and that page is DOFOLLOW and is found on home page
            That doesn't mean it is fake. That just means the page was setup after the last PR toolbar update.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629302].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author karismasand
              Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

              That doesn't mean it is fake. That just means the page was setup after the last PR toolbar update.
              Belive me Mike, is Fake. When you get PR on home page on the update you will get as well for inner pages that go from home page with dofollow especially when receiving PR5
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629315].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

                Belive me Mike, is Fake. When you get PR on home page on the update you will get as well for inner pages that go from home page with dofollow
                Yes, you absolutely will. But you won't see it until the next PR toolbar update. The toolbar does not update instantaneously.
                Signature
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629327].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author karismasand
                  Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                  Yes, you absolutely will. But you won't see it until the next PR toolbar update. The toolbar does not update instantaneously.
                  WOW ... When Google update PR like he did on Oct 27 update as well home page and inner page, you don't wait the next update to see inner page PR
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629374].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                    Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

                    WOW ... When Google update PR like he did on Oct 27 update as well home page and inner page, you don't wait the next update to see inner page PR
                    Not if the page didn't exist on October 27th. Not to mention that the PR updates are months behind anyhow, so even if the url existed on October 26th, it would probably still show no PR.
                    Signature
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629534].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author karismasand
                      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                      Not if the page didn't exist on October 27th. Not to mention that the PR updates are months behind anyhow, so even if the url existed on October 26th, it would probably still show no PR.
                      In this situation, you're right ... if the page is not there when PR is update logical not get PR
                      Signature

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629547].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
                Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

                Belive me Mike, is Fake. When you get PR on home page on the update you will get as well for inner pages that go from home page with dofollow especially when receiving PR5
                Believe me karismasand, it's a REAL PR5

                Do you research a little better, there are links that you won't see at the surface, doesn't mean they don't exist.

                This is 100% real.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629339].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author karismasand
                  Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

                  Believe me karismasand, it's a REAL PR5

                  Do you research a little better, there are links that you won't see at the surface, doesn't mean they don't exist.

                  This is 100% real.
                  I test PR for 3 years, i get as well PR8 and 9 for many domains. I believe you are so excited to say that PR is REAL because you probably do the same think (PR redirect), i don't blame you, is your choice
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629361].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
                    Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

                    I test PR for 3 years, i get as well PR8 and 9 for many domains. I believe you are so excited to say that PR is REAL because you probably do the same think (PR redirect), i don't blame you, is your choice
                    You are so incredible WRONG!
                    You might have done it for a few years and since it's a pissing contest, I'm doing it longer LMAO (who cares, doesn't mean s**t anyway).

                    Come back to say if this is real or not when you became a member of a Hacking forum where they hold contests for SQL and Javascript injection, then we talk again.

                    You have no clue what is going on here, that is fine, willing to help where I can. However when you make false statements based on your knowledge (which is lacking) then I will just say it as it is.

                    REAL PR% and you don't even know why
                    Better start reading!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629375].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author karismasand
                      Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

                      Come back to say if this is real or not when you became a member of a Hacking forum where they hold contests for SQL and Javascript injection, then we talk again.
                      Ok, i will come back when I will get knowledge they have.

                      Good Luck!

                      I'm back - i see that source code of this site http://www.compassintelligence.com/ have a SQL injection with url for that site. Smart, I thought that only works with wordpress themes
                      Signature

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629399].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
                        Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

                        Ok, i will come back when I will get knowledge they have.

                        Good Luck!

                        I'm back - i see that source code of this site Compass Intelligence > Homepage have a SQL injection with url for that site. Smart, I thought that only works with wordpress themes
                        There you go
                        See Mike and I were right?
                        Real PR5 and also check the rest of those domains there.
                        All PR5 and ALL real

                        No need to say sorry hahahaha
                        Free education!
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629468].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author karismasand
                          Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

                          There you go
                          See Mike and I were right?
                          Real PR5 and also check the rest of those domains there.
                          All PR5 and ALL real

                          No need to say sorry hahahaha
                          Free education!
                          Yes you are the master!
                          Signature

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author UMS
        Originally Posted by kimseo View Post

        But how do you receive backlink from the homepage of Google, Twitter or Facebook, that too for empty domain ? :confused::confused:
        You don't and won't. It was a simple example to explain that PR is purely to do with backlinks from existing pages with PR.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Austin E Anthony
    Originally Posted by Peoney View Post

    Hi guys I have come across a website that is PR5 but the website has just started late last year and there are few contents in it but there are no links or affiliate links on the post. and this site is PR5, All the contents are shown in Full view on the homepage. It has no Alexa rank. site is affiliatenote.info I know it is difficult to get high PR

    Can anyone please tell me how this site get a PR5 so fast? Could it be because the whole contents are all shown in homepage? Could it be because it has no affiliate links? etc..
    The site probably got loads of high pr links pointing to it. No surprise there because if other sites that are pr4, pr5 are pointing to the site, it can gain high PR within a short time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7606767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WEBGEEK
    i also had similar experiance.one my new site got PR3 instantly without any backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7609829].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by WEBGEEK View Post

      i also had similar experiance.one my new site got PR3 instantly without any backlinks.
      That means it has backlinks. You do not get PR without backlinks. You may not have created any backlinks, but the site has backlinks.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7610335].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kaytav
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        That means it has backlinks. You do not get PR without backlinks. You may not have created any backlinks, but the site has backlinks.
        Yes, it is impossible to achieve a Pagerank without backlinks. Backlinks increase your PR and your site's authority.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7656316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gabibeowulf
    Here are some of the high PR backlinks in this site profile:

    Compass Intelligence > Homepage PR5
    Home PR5
    KNOWAtlanta magazine - Relocation guide for moving to Atlanta GA PR4

    Yeah, you won't be able to see the link until you see the page source. Probably an SQL-inject, hacking kind of thing. I doubt the webmasters of the sites really wanted to link to affiliatenote.info

    -Gabriel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7610687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karismasand
    Because PR is easy to manipulate. For example if i start a new site right now and i put a dofollow backlink to a PR 9 site [with no more then 10 OBL] and Google update PR 2 weeks later i will get PR8 with just one link.

    Normally when you see a PR8 site first time you think that is a authority site but you can get that PR with a single link.

    Also there a lot of Fake PR sites, when you see a high PR site don't control only home page, control as well the inner pages to see that have PR too. If the inner pages don't have rank then is fake. With 301 redirect you can fake only PR on home page not for inner pages.

    Hope this help!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629247].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
      Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

      Because PR is easy to manipulate. For example if i start a new site right now and i put a dofollow backlink to a PR 9 site [with no more then 10 OBL] and Google update PR 2 weeks later i will get PR8 with just one link.

      Normally when you see a PR8 site first time you think that is a authority site but you can get that PR with a single link.

      Also there a lot of Fake PR sites, when you see a high PR site don't control only home page, control as well the inner pages to see that have PR too. If the inner pages don't have rank then is fake. With 301 redirect you can fake only PR on home page not for inner pages.

      Hope this help!
      I have 4 domains with PR9 links from a page with OBL of 8.
      They will become PR7 not PR8.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629279].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author karismasand
        Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

        I have 4 domains with PR9 links from a page with OBL of 8.
        They will become PR7 not PR8.
        ... and how many internal links with dofollow from home page?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629287].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
          Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

          ... and how many internal links with dofollow from home page?
          Included
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629292].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author karismasand
            Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

            Included
            OBL stands for outbond link. OBL means give the link of our site to another sites.

            I ask you about how many inner pages with dofollow you have on home page
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629306].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
              Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

              OBL stands for outbond link. OBL means give the link of our site to another sites.

              I ask you about how many inner pages with dofollow you have on home page
              LMAO......getting smart with me now?
              Think I have no idea what OBL means? Too funny!

              I said INCLUDED, means within the 8 OBL and within the site, for PR juice I calculate OBL INCLUDING inner links, because it drips the link juice to wherever it goes.

              Duh......
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629316].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author karismasand
                Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

                LMAO......getting smart with me now?
                Think I have no idea what OBL means? Too funny!

                I said INCLUDED, means within the 8 OBL and within the site, for PR juice I calculate OBL INCLUDING inner links, because it drips the link juice to wherever it goes.

                Duh......
                Dear SEOMasters

                OBL means = total external links found on backlink giving webpage to other domain not internal

                Again I ask you how many pages have your site?

                You have only home page?
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629345].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
                  Originally Posted by karismasand View Post

                  Dear SEOMasters

                  OBL means = total external links found on backlink giving webpage.

                  Again I ask you how many pages have your site?

                  You have only home page?
                  I will tell you again
                  Your question is NOT relevant, because I answered it.
                  You only want to know due to how many pages/sites it drips the PR too.
                  SO I made it simple for you, 8 OBL (to keep in your terms, because they do the same thing anyway).

                  So RECAP: 8 links to inner pages and other sites. Now did that help? Hehehe
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
    PR is overrated anyway.
    Not the most important metric to look for
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
    Agreed, that domain is a real PR5
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigAlrosen
    Looks like the PR is so high because they have links pointing to other high PR links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOMasters
    Thank you thank you
    No all joking aside, do NOT use this tactic!
    The keyword payday loan had 7 spots on page one using this tactic.
    They are ALL gone, Google isn't stupid!
    Sure short term you may find some loopholes, long term it's a dumb route!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author karismasand
      Originally Posted by SEOMasters View Post

      Thank you thank you
      No all joking aside, do NOT use this tactic!
      The keyword payday loan had 7 spots on page one using this tactic.
      They are ALL gone, Google isn't stupid!
      Sure short term you may find some loopholes, long term it's a dumb route!
      You are totally right!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7629532].message }}

Trending Topics