I'ts not as easy as you think to earn money online

by nest28
45 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Recently I made an Amazon thread where I showed in detail how I go about creating Amazon niche sites. Shorty I received friend requests on FB and PMs on the WF. People show me their sites and I can see that something has to change.


Some thought they were going to make thousands of dollars easily, within a short time period while others had the type of cookie cutter sites that I talked about in my other thread. I'm saying all this for a reason, forget Google, you need to have your own quality control.


Not to mention you have to get idea of making money fast out of your head, it takes time. You wont just find a product on Amazon, build a niche site, buy Magic Submitter and watch the revenue pour in.


Internet marketing take skill, experience and a desire to always want to learn how to be better at what you do. I know this wont reach to many of you, most are set in there ways and they rest just think that some how their different, some how they will be the one that will make 10,000 a month from Amazon selling lawn mowers.

Just do me and yourself a favor, take a step back, and really look at what your goals are. Take a good long look at your sites, and if they look like crap take the time out to fix them so you can add value to the net.
#earn #easy #money #online
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    For the majority of niches, If a person can't keep returning traffic coming back to the site, chances are they suck at building sites.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830154].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      For the majority of niches, If a person can't keep returning traffic coming back to the site, chances are they suck at building sites.
      Who cares about returning traffic when your making a niche site for the sole purpose of making money and not because you have a personal interest in it.

      Making niche sites was a mistake on my part, I'm moving on and taking my own advice. Getting return traffic when you actually care about your niche is more realistic goal.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830192].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        Who cares about returning traffic when your making a niche site for the sole purpose of making money and not because you have a personal interest in it.

        Making niche sites was a mistake on my part, I'm moving on and taking my own advice. Getting return traffic when you actually care about your niche is more realistic goal.
        Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but you can monetize just about anything in this world. Look at Walmart, they sell bags of $hit (fertilizer) every day of the week.

        The goal should be matching buyers with sellers, doesn't matter If your an affiliate or selling your own product.

        If a guy is an affiliate then yea, they're limited to what the affiliate network has to offer. Still, anything can be monetized & being interested in the niche makes it even easier to earn. You know what your talking about on the site If you know the niche from experience.

        I care about returning traffic because it helps in a few different ways:
        • Word of mouth traffic referral & traffic building links.
        • Building email list.
        • Repeat buyers.

        It's far easier to sell something when the traffic trust you because they've had a good experience on the site.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoshMcNary
    Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

    forget Google
    Yes, making money online is not easy, but you shouldn't tell people to "forget Google". For some people, it feeds them and their family. It's a great source of targeted traffic.

    Better to suggest that Google shouldn't be the ONLY source of traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830488].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by JoshMcNary View Post

      Yes, making money online is not easy, but you shouldn't tell people to "forget Google". For some people, it feeds them and their family. It's a great source of targeted traffic.
      I think when people write that they are not saying that you should turn down search engine traffic or disregard it but that you don't have to fixate your entire business model on Google. Even as a full time SEO i don't think SEO is a business model. Its just a way of advertising. Once people get to your site it should be about you and that customer/viewer.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830518].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoshMcNary
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        you don't have to fixate your entire business model on Google.
        I agree, which is why I said this:

        Originally Posted by JoshMcNary

        Better to suggest that Google shouldn't be the ONLY source of traffic.
        I just wanted to clarify his concern because I think he's doing a disservice by saying 'forget Google'. Each learning individual should try Google, social media, forums, etc and make their own calls about what makes them money or not.

        Experience is the greatest teacher.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ilee
    On the contrary, I think it's quite easy to make money on the internet. The hard part is making a significant amount of money, and building an income instead of pocket money which is where people get confused. The key is balancing time/effort with reward and finding a system or business idea that is as efficient at making money as possible.
    Signature
    --~***~--


    --~***~--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tech84
    Some of the most successful people in the IM world don't give much of a rat's @ass about Google.



    ahem shoechow and johnmoney.
    Signature

    Insert Sig here for ***** Moolahs ,,I,,

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    People will always be looking for short cuts to make money with affiliate marketing, so do I.

    Last week I decided to make money with Amazon / Adsense / CPA or whatever and I know how to do it properly but that costs a fortune on content and break-even ROI, in x months. I don't have that patience, I want to make money now.

    So my current setups, that are most probably doomed to fail but oh well..

    1: 6 Auto-generated FreshStoreBuilder sites, each will have 4 unique articles and 100+ scraped products from Amazon, I ain't gonna spend time rewriting sentences and all, it targets very long tail product names so should get long tail traffic. Once it's setup I'll build 12 links from my network and let's see, total costs around $50 per site so I want to break-even in 2 months max. The sites will be hosted on long time dropped domains with pagerank to give it some kick start.

    2: MOWG based site, kw's like seo services, seo, seo service etc in combination with CITY, auto generated site with 5000 pages of content, cost $37 cause some WF is selling it. Let's see if this can create some leads.

    3: Adsense site, someone was so kind to offer a 50% review copy for his sites, what I ordered is a 50 page site, where the homepage and category pages have a 400-500 word article if I remember correctly and all the other posts are 150 words, it's somewhat silo structured but not very properly from what I saw of the sample site but well, for 100 bucks let's see what happens. I'll throw up a few months of my monthly SEO service against it.

    4: Amazon site, I did some kw research myself and found a writer that writes for $2/500 words, well the quality is what shall I say, pretty poor as he's not a native English speaker, not sure if I'm going to proofread it or not, I will throw some heavy link building against it as the kw's are not the easiest ones. I ordered about 30-40 articles.

    So yeah all of the above systems that I'm going to test are in fact ways how you should not build a site, but perhaps one of them works. All I'm looking for is a solution that I can easily scale up / outsource, without having to find perfect writers that charge like $10-15 for a 500 word article, as I think it's just not worth it.

    If none of the above methods are viable then I'll start doing some tests for direct traffic generation with Youtube, Pinterest, Tumblr and Press Releases.

    If that doesn't work good enough either (looking to at least double/triple my current income) and I earn pretty good to be honest but I want more more more, then I'm going spam-wild all the way. It's not so hard to reverse engineer the successful spammers really so that would make some nice testings.

    In case all fails I just keep doing what I do, sell SEO services and start to build authority sites on the side in the proven way and wait 4-6 months for my investment to return.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post


      1: 6 Auto-generated
      You lost me soon as I read this.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RonnieJSmith
    [QUOTE=nest28;7830141]You wont just find a product on Amazon, build a niche site, buy Magic Submitter and watch the revenue pour in.
    [QUOTE]
    I lold hard. But it's true. Making a credible business does take time. If you do actually solve a problem chances are people will talk about it and there you are - free mouth of word advertisement. This is why affiliate marketing is taking a hit for teh newbies. For them building something means putting a site with 20 articles from fiverr, few links from senuke or ms and then wait till traffic comes and pays you.

    But i do know something else. They will eventually learn it the hard way or give up on IM completely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by JoshMcNary View Post

      Yes, making money online is not easy, but you shouldn't tell people to "forget Google". For some people, it feeds them and their family. It's a great source of targeted traffic.

      Better to suggest that Google shouldn't be the ONLY source of traffic.
      I said forget Google as far as their quality guidelines, I should have clarified that a lil better, a mistake on my part. I was trying to say people should build sites of the utmost quality because that's what you should be doing, not because Google said so.


      Second, yes search engine traffic is valuable and can increase revenue but it should be the last source of traffic to worry about. If you focus on direct traffic, it won't matter if your site takes a hit and losses it's ranking because most of your visitors need, love your site so much they open there browser and search for you.

      Originally Posted by ichl13 View Post

      On the contrary, I think it's quite easy to make money on the internet. The hard part is making a significant amount of money, and building an income instead of pocket money which is where people get confused. The key is balancing time/effort with reward and finding a system or business idea that is as efficient at making money as possible.
      Exactly, it's easy to make 50 dollars here or 20 there, but it's hard to earn a living online. The plans that people have, or business model I should say are horrible. I know from experience. You know what I use to think? "oh I'll be different, instead making small niche sites I'll build large authority sites" hoping that if I make a big enough site it will automatically turn into a authority, or at the very least I hope to receive a lot of long tail traffic.

      I was wrong.

      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      I think when people write that they are not saying that you should turn down search engine traffic or disregard it but that you don't have to fixate your entire business model on Google.
      Exactly, Google should only be a bonus, search traffic shouldn't be a vital part of your income, because if Google makes a update and your site falls in the serps, now what you going to do?

      Direct traffic first, than Google.

      Originally Posted by tech84 View Post

      Some of the most successful people in the IM world don't give much of a rat's @ass about Google.
      Exactly, I know of about 10 bloggers who focused on promoting their sites and getting direct traffic but who make a living online, and these same bloggers don't have thousands of pages of content, one of my favorite's is Derek Halpern from Social Triggers, he makes a living online and probably only has 20 posts on his site.

      He's the one that kinda put it into my head that it's better to create great content and work hard to promote it, than to spend all your time and money trying to rank sites.



      I'm tired of IM, somewhere along the lines I forgot what it was that I wanted to do, I got mixed up listening to people say make niches sites, rank your keywords etc.

      The last few days I found myself asking "what would make you happy" and "what can you see yourself doing the next 10 yrs" and the answer defiantly is not making Amazon/Adsense sites battling other marketers for the number 1 spot, trying not to incur the wrath of Google the whole time I'm doing so.


      If I build a site with valuable info, people will seek me out, I wont have to worry about ranking. This is where my head is right now, some of you may or may not agree and that's fine. I respect everyone's opinion and wish you all the success in the world.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831049].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        Second, yes search engine traffic is valuable and can increase revenue but it should be the last source of traffic to worry about. If you focus on direct traffic, it won't matter
        Yo Nest.....Whats the direct traffic being referred to here though ? Just hope it comes or something concrete? It may not be easy to make money but without something concrete to generate traffic doesn't it make it harder not easier?

        You proved how well google traffic can be had right here only a few days ago

        http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...right-way.html


        You got traffic from Google and made money so how does that indicate Google should only be a last resort? Not getting your point. Seems contradictory but I am sure you have an explanation. Sure build good sites with great content but I can't see why people should skip the top traffic source only as a last resort when just a few days ago you showed that the traffic was not that hard to get.

        one of my favorite's is Derek Halpern from Social Triggers, he makes a living online and probably only has 20 posts on his site.
        He ranks 21 for a term that he has specifically put in his title so yeah thats SEO being done not being ignored as a last resort


        If I build a site with valuable info, people will seek me out, I wont have to worry about ranking. This is where my head is right now, some of you may or may not agree and that's fine. I respect everyone's opinion and wish you all the success in the world.
        Put me down as one that disagrees (and yeah thats cool). The build it and they will come has not worked for many people. It could be one of the worst models ever. Unless you do some kind of promotion nothing is going to happen. Getting free traffic from Google if you do a little bit of keyword research beats alot of things out there. Its not build solid sites with great content and ignore traffic sources its use them both
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831413].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tybolton
          I agree MA, when seeking organic traffic, it definitely starts with solid keyword research. If you're going to build a site and pay for traffic or promote it through other methods, why write content? Just build a site with 100's of PLR articles, drip feed, and drive traffic through twitter, pinterest and etc...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harry123
    yes it takes everybody knows it but if you do hard whether you are working in amazon or as Seo expert or web designer, developer etc you do hard give time daily you will definaltey earn and this is what i am doing and i am getting profit also.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author twilightofidols
    The thing is, it's both easy and hard at the same time.

    Meaning the real difficulty isn't learning the concepts though it does take a lot of time, once you know it you know it.

    The hard part is when you work on a site for months, maybe even longer, as your social life deteriorates, your mom tells you to get a job, and you see 0 results of your labor.

    This is usually the crossroads where two things happen.

    1. Angry post about how making money online isn't fair, or this software doesn't work, or that software doesn't work, or how this person's strategy is a scam or no longer works.

    2. They persist tirelessly and realize that making money online is and can often be more difficult than a "real job" with absolutely no one to pat you on the back, refuse to fail, and eventually reap the benefits of their success.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    Also for those who have this n that to say about me, know this, I seem to be the only one concerned about if others on the forum do well. I never posted anything for personal gain, only to share my knowledge and experience. If other marketers did the same, well than there wouldn't be a bunch of noobs thinking it's easy to make it online.

    I will say this one more time, YOU WILL NOT EARN A FULL TIME LIVING MY BUYING COMFORTABLE HAMMACKS.COM AND USING MAGIC SUBMITTER TO RANK FOR WHAT YOU THINK ARE EASY KEYWORDS THAT GET BETWEEN 1,000 AND 8,100 LOCAL SEARCHES A MONTH.


    Save yourselves the time and money. Focus your efforts on providing a service, product or supply useful information. If your a youngster that just wants extra cash to go to the movies, fine build a micro niche site. If your an adult with a wife/husband and kids, you may want to think about implementing a better business model.


    Edit: It is possible to make large niche sites and earn money, but that will take work, I just mean don't focus on small crappy niche blogs.
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    Some people here don't view amazon/cpa/adsense as a business model in the first place, so I guess everything in life is relative to your own goals & level of experience.

    When I look at making money online, I see about 10 million and 1 things people can get involved with.

    But somehow, a large segment of people slip into the mindset of "amazon/cpa/adsense" as a "business model"... or selling SEO services. Their creativity switches shortout and they fall into a trap of "easy choices".

    A good business model is amazon. Owning amazon. Not working for them.

    Thats why I rarely ever view google as the problem. I see peoples business models as the real problem.

    So you want to help amazon grow and monopolize, well, there goes the idea of selling my own products on my own website, and getting cut the commissions I actually deserve.

    That poor guy who wanted to start his own lawn mower company, now he's got to compete with tons of shitty amazon sites.

    I'd rather invent a satellite controlled robotic lawn mower that cuts your grass for you, and sell it for $4,000, then help amazon find another customer. Thats just me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831152].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post


      A good business model is amazon. Owning amazon. Not working for them.
      Great Phrase and love the spirit. Aim high and dream big

      Thats why I rarely ever view google as the problem. I see peoples business models as the real problem.

      .
      Precisely. Any business model you choose you are going to have to promote. SEO can be a first option and a good option for part of that promotion but thats a separate issue from your business model. Good business model and SEO, ranking and google work great together.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    @Mike Anthony

    I never said just build it and they will come. I said create something of use, whether it's content, service, product, apps, or software and then promote the hell out of it by guest blogging, blog commenting,making podcats, youtube vids, forum sig, and of course use social media such as FB, Twitter, Linkedin etc.


    I wouldn't say ignore on page SEO, or getting good links via guest posting or by other means. I'm just part of the crowd that would rather focus on traffic rather than rankings.

    As for my meager rankings with those Amazon sites, I'll pass. That's movie/out to dinner money, not support my family money. Plus it depends on the niche, I have a medical site with 70 , five hundred word posts that only receive only 30 visitors a month. It's also worth stating that if I worked hard at getting those Amazon direct targeted niche traffic they could have made more.


    The only thing I'm trying to say is, if you focus on direct traffic you will almost certainly get Google search traffic anyway. The only difference is one is more stable than the other.
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831644].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      The only thing I'm trying to say is, if you focus on direct traffic you will almost certainly get Google search traffic anyway. The only difference is one is more stable than the other.
      If you believe that I guess but I don't accept as fact that one is more stable than the other. Its common to hear that but really to me is a myth based on people not realizing that SEO is just advertising like anything else. Whatever traffic you bring to a site by WHATEVER means you have to convert that traffic into return visitors. You are ABSOLUTELY 100% right on that. Thats the business model. Seo is just advertising.

      So if you rank and bring traffic in and lose rank and all of a sudden have no return traffic then thats on the site not SEO. Plus people entirely leave out that if you have a great site and get traffic through Google theres word of mouth or social networking that comes from that and everything else you are mentioning

      The critiques of SEO you might have read just look at the loss of rank without all the other things that should come from the exposure if the site is good and has ranked for awhile.

      Good luck with the experiment though. Ton loads of people have claimed they were going to replace search engine traffic with social but few have. Social traffic dies out quicker than rankings (Within a day or two in most cases) , blog comments the same thing since new posts are made and theres nothing distinct about guest blogging even in a SEO Model. If I am going to do that then why would I not get a link good for SEO too? Same goes for forum marketing but then thats just me

      Best of luck to you though.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831878].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tybolton
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        If you believe that I guess but I don't accept as fact that one is more stable than the other. Its common to hear that but really to me is a myth based on people not realizing that SEO is just advertising like anything else. Whatever traffic you bring to a site by WHATEVER means you have to convert that traffic into return visitors. You are ABSOLUTELY 100% right on that. Thats the business model. Seo is just advertising.

        So if you rank and bring traffic in and lose rank and all of a sudden have no return traffic then thats on the site not SEO. Plus people entirely leave out that if you have a great site and get traffic through Google theres word of mouth or social networking that comes from that and everything else you are mentioning

        The critiques of SEO you might have read just look at the loss of rank without all the other things that should come from the exposure if the site is good and has ranked for awhile.

        Good luck with the experiment though. Ton loads of people have claimed they were going to replace search engine traffic with social but few have. Social traffic dies out quicker than rankings (Within a day or two in most cases) , blog comments the same thing since new posts are made and theres nothing distinct about guest blogging even in a SEO Model. If I am going to do that then why would I not get a link good for SEO too? Same goes for forum marketing but then thats just me

        Best of luck to you though.
        Good point MA...seo and organic traffic will continue to flow as long as you keep SE trust. With social media, you have to constantly woo the people and stay in their loop and on their mind...The minute you stop socializing (thus the term social media) they will find someone else to socialize with or visit with. SE traffic doesn't require babysitting. But, if you love socializing then it may work for you...Like they say, there is more than one way to...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    You could also look at it like this, say a keyword get's 10,000 monthly local searches, if i rank number 1, which is almost always easier said than done, I might receive 50 to 60% so lets say I get 5,500 visitors from Google, and that I earn 1,000 a month based on this amount of traffic.


    Ok, those local search numbers may go up or down, but I'll probably continue to earn between 7,00 and 1,200 based the numbers above. Now if I branded my site, made youtube channle, FB fan page, twitter account and just made sure I had a huge online presence, well that will increase traffic allowing me to make more money, what I'm trying to say is, if cheap computers get's 10,000 monthly search according to Google adwords tool, then it wil most likely always get that amount or close to it, but there's no limit to how much direct traffic I can get, the traffic volume will depend on how good I am at getting people to visit my site.


    So cheap computer may get 10,000 and nothing more, but I may be able to bring in 30,000 via direct traffic from social media and other means.
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc_L
    I'm wondering if the OP has implemented any of these ideas into any of his websites and got significant traffic.
    Signature

    Want answers to your SEO questions? Check out our library of FAQ's. Good luck and happy ranking!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831764].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by Marc_L View Post

      I'm wondering if the OP has implemented any of these ideas into any of his websites and got significant traffic.
      Nope I sure haven't. But what I have tried is everything I tell other marketers no to do such as using spammy SEO software or providers. Spending months trying to rank only to have those rankings disappear in a instant.


      Everything I've said recently is what I will be doing with my next and last site. I understand that SEO providers may have a problem with what I been saying recently but this is not personal, people will continue to use your service even after I've spoken my peace.



      You'll be hearing about my site soon enough.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831785].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Marc_L
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        Nope I sure haven't. But what I have tried is everything I tell other marketers no to do such as using spammy SEO software or providers. Spending months trying to rank only to have those rankings disappear in a instant.


        Everything I've said recently is what I will be doing with my next and last site. I understand that SEO providers may have a problem with what I been saying recently but this is not personal, people will continue to use your service even after I've spoken my peace.



        You'll be hearing about my site soon enough.
        Fair enough. I don't take anything you're saying personally, believe me.

        One thing we can probably agree upon is that sites need to be quality and valuable to see any long term earning potential no matter where you get your traffic. If people get to your site via a google search or via a social site and it sucks you're just spinning your wheels. Good luck on your new site.
        Signature

        Want answers to your SEO questions? Check out our library of FAQ's. Good luck and happy ranking!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831861].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nest28
          Originally Posted by Marc_L View Post

          Fair enough. I don't take anything you're saying personally, believe me.

          One thing we can probably agree upon is that sites need to be quality and valuable to see any long term earning potential no matter where you get your traffic. If people get to your site via a google search or via a social site and it sucks you're just spinning your wheels. Good luck on your new site.
          Thank you, and same to you. I get the point you were trying to make, believe me I understand that I need to lead by example. My words mean nothing without the implementation of these methods.

          So I will be taking another break from the forum, it can be addictive at times lol, but nothing get's done debating methods and tactics without actually applying these methods to your business.


          Who know's maybe o'l nest is wrong about everything, only time will tell. Best of luck to everyone, I have my work cut out for me, good bye, for now.
          Signature

          Somewhere watching Power.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7831884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    I am going to try to proof that spammy sites can still be used as a business model to make large profits. The key will probably be to keep the costs as low as possible and rinse & repeat as the sites probably won't have a very long life time. I'll get back with results in a couple of weeks.

    Why? No idea, I just like experimenting I guess and would never advice others to do so if they have to depend on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832410].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      Why? No idea, I just like experimenting I guess
      Oh hush up....We know why....because you need the cash since you are burning cash like nobodies business on ahem entertainment in Thailand.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832644].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Oh hush up....We know why....because you need the cash since you are burning cash like nobodies business on ahem entertainment in Thailand.
        Uh damn you got me there

        Nah not really, atm busy with a more serious relationship, not going to the bars every day anymore, instead we just chill in my condo and buy some drinks at the 7/11, this week we also bought badminton rackets, running shoe's and bats for tabletennis, the condo complex also has a large swimming pool and fitness room so we are sporting like 2 hours a day. Buying food at the market instead of going to fancy restaurants each day so weekly spending habits are cut at least by half and I love it. My plan is to buy a condo after some time but a somewhat decent one costs at least 40k euro and it needs to be paid in cash so I got some work to do.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832711].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Man stop your lying. We sent someone to check on your new home in Thailand but you were not at home





          I like your clothes dryer though - energy efficient
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RonnieJSmith
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      I am going to try to proof that spammy sites can still be used as a business model to make large profits. The key will probably be to keep the costs as low as possible and rinse & repeat as the sites probably won't have a very long life time. I'll get back with results in a couple of weeks.

      Why? No idea, I just like experimenting I guess and would never advice others to do so if they have to depend on it.
      but what purpose will it serve to create spammy sites? I mean automation is one thing but spammy sites would take on next level. I love experimenting myself but spam would be something i would stay away from. IM definitely kills the spirit of sharing knowledge.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832647].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        Originally Posted by RonnieJSmith View Post

        but what purpose will it serve to create spammy sites? I mean automation is one thing but spammy sites would take on next level. I love experimenting myself but spam would be something i would stay away from. IM definitely kills the spirit of sharing knowledge.
        What purpose? Heck I'm not here to better the world or something, I already did plenty of charity here in Thailand LOL

        The purpose is CASH.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author New Comer
    I too had this realization that it doesnt work that way!


    My advice:

    Find a good niche with lots of people that have a problem that they are "desperate" to fix...basically find a niche where people are ready to buy


    Find a product that you BELIEVE IN!!!!! FIND A PRODUCT THAT WORKS!!!!!!

    Be the middle man that gets your audience to the solution to their problem...PRESELL them....then give them the link.


    You gotta hustle, you gotta word things right, and you gotta be genuine! When you really believe in what you're selling, it makes it that much easier!

    Basically, act liek you have every answer someone who would buy the product needs....first get em thinking about their problem and then hype em up about getting rid of it....then drop the link on that ass.....


    some people will be pissed and hate you because it wasnt free

    some people will be glad they find the product, but pissed at you for getting money because they know about affiliate marketing and are mad they didnt do something like this

    and other people will be glad you took the time to do what you did, and send them somewhere where they can solve their problem and they will buy. The key is building trust in the product with your prospect, then when they get to the sales page it's even easier for the products sales page to do its job bcause you presold them!
    Signature

    dope

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by New Comer View Post

      Find a good niche with lots of people that have a problem that they are "desperate" to fix...basically find a niche where people are ready to buy


      Find a product that you BELIEVE IN!!!!! FIND A PRODUCT THAT WORKS!!!!!!

      Be the middle man that gets your audience to the solution to their problem
      TRUTH SPOKEN!!

      You can even do nothing but capture leads and companies and business owners will pay you decent money for the prequalified leads.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832654].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author New Comer
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        TRUTH SPOKEN!!

        You can even do nothing but capture leads and companies and business owners will pay you decent money for the prequalified leads.
        FOR REAL!


        people act like online is different than real world...it's the same thing! we're "salespeople"


        Oh yeah I guess one difference is IT'S EASIER TO DO THIS ON THE INTERNET!.......and you have access to uhh.....the whole got damn world....!

        You could set up a site where you don't do anything but blog post about a certain problem. Come up with something that convinces people to give name and email to your autoresponder.....

        Find products that are PERFECT for your audience......sell to them! The key is finding a mix of selling and giving I think....the more they trust, the more they'll buy!

        Now, where you really get into making bank is product development. Develop your OWN product that delivers at least TWICE as much VALUE as the dollar cost, and then set up your online store front....

        If the product is that dope, just sell. Just sell, and capture the name and email if they arent ready to buy so you can follow up. Get on an affiliate market and let other people do all this hard work of driving traffic for you.....the shit we all start out doing lol.

        Maybe you can't just have a static sales page though...I can't tell you step by step and neither can ANYONE else...all depends on the niche and what works for you! Gotta play around


        I'm not expert yet, made less than $500 online (just started ~14 months ago), but things are starting to CLICK.....Soon....I'll be all in that WSO section with a product that isn't a crock of shit selling lies and promises....Imma keep it real and show how I did whatever I do, and let people know they gotta find their own way! No more of this step 1-10 copy and profit bullshit!!
        Signature

        dope

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832677].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by New Comer View Post

          .I'll be all in that WSO section with a product that isn't a crock of shit selling lies and promises

          Ah man you ruined it. I thought you were talking real life real products not WSOs
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832695].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tybolton
          Originally Posted by New Comer View Post

          FOR REAL!


          people act like online is different than real world...it's the same thing! we're "salespeople"


          Oh yeah I guess one difference is IT'S EASIER TO DO THIS ON THE INTERNET!.......and you have access to uhh.....the whole got damn world....!

          You could set up a site where you don't do anything but blog post about a certain problem. Come up with something that convinces people to give name and email to your autoresponder.....

          Find products that are PERFECT for your audience......sell to them! The key is finding a mix of selling and giving I think....the more they trust, the more they'll buy!

          Now, where you really get into making bank is product development. Develop your OWN product that delivers at least TWICE as much VALUE as the dollar cost, and then set up your online store front....

          If the product is that dope, just sell. Just sell, and capture the name and email if they arent ready to buy so you can follow up. Get on an affiliate market and let other people do all this hard work of driving traffic for you.....the shit we all start out doing lol.

          Maybe you can't just have a static sales page though...I can't tell you step by step and neither can ANYONE else...all depends on the niche and what works for you! Gotta play around


          I'm not expert yet, made less than $500 online (just started ~14 months ago), but things are starting to CLICK.....Soon....I'll be all in that WSO section with a product that isn't a crock of shit selling lies and promises....Imma keep it real and show how I did whatever I do, and let people know they gotta find their own way! No more of this step 1-10 copy and profit bullshit!!
          "Soon....I'll be all in that WSO section" At least you're honest. Most folk get on here and pretend they made x,xxx last night with amazon niche sites. When in fact, they're pre-selling a WSO...lmao
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832927].message }}
    • Originally Posted by New Comer View Post


      Find a good niche with lots of people that have a problem that they are "desperate" to fix...basically find a niche where people are ready to buy


      Find a product that you BELIEVE IN!!!!! FIND A PRODUCT THAT WORKS!!!!!!

      Be the middle man that gets your audience to the solution to their problem...PRESELL them....then give them the link.


      You gotta hustle, you gotta word things right, and you gotta be genuine! When you really believe in what you're selling, it makes it that much easier!

      Basically, act liek you have every answer someone who would buy the product needs....first get em thinking about their problem and then hype em up about getting rid of it....then drop the link on that ass.....
      !
      You sound like you studied IM at SBI
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CTRTheme
    Banned
    Thanks for the tips, internet marketing take time. This is true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProSence
    I would say there are many sources of earning money, the thing is what interests you, you have to stick with that and of course you would get success if you are working honestly.

    Also, you should see others too, so that you would get inspiration, if you are talking about content creation then see ehow.com, about.com, how they are earning profit and they are leading in the market...

    Yes, it is true that you can't become ehow.com but the quality I'm talking about, you have to put quality at the starting and start working based on this..
    Signature

    three great FREE tools - www.sitebeak.com, www.GAtective.com and www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7832917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Shaw
    I agree with most of the comments on SEO as I am sick of ranking very well and then losing the rankings for no reason. I have tried every colored hat going and all are a waste of time. That is why last month I decided to set up a few websites that only rely on social traffic. These are auto style amazon sites with adsense which post 500+ article a week each. Yes big time spam but not against anyones TOS. Each site is getting over 300 uniques a day and I am getting sales and ad clicks. After a month or so I will see what site is working best and then scale up big time.

    The key to making money online is find something new, that no one else is doing and then keep quite about it.... Not instantly make a wso and share it with everyone.
    Signature
    **5 DAY FREE TRIAL** - The ultimate social media bot (FB, Instagram, Pinterest & G+).........
    Grab it >> HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7833000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tybolton
      Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post

      I agree with most of the comments on SEO as I am sick of ranking very well and then losing the rankings for no reason. I have tried every colored hat going and all are a waste of time. That is why last month I decided to set up a few websites that only rely on social traffic. These are auto style amazon sites with adsense which post 500+ article a week each. Yes big time spam but not against anyones TOS. Each site is getting over 300 uniques a day and I am getting sales and ad clicks. After a month or so I will see what site is working best and then scale up big time.

      The key to making money online is find something new, that no one else is doing and then keep quite about it.... Not instantly make a wso and share it with everyone.
      I feel your pain. It's frustrating writing "unique content" and building "quality backlinks" only to have google come and rain on your parade. Keep learning, adapting and do what works for you. Good luck with what you're doing...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7833032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RonnieJSmith
      Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post

      I agree with most of the comments on SEO as I am sick of ranking very well and then losing the rankings for no reason. I have tried every colored hat going and all are a waste of time. That is why last month I decided to set up a few websites that only rely on social traffic. These are auto style amazon sites with adsense which post 500+ article a week each. Yes big time spam but not against anyones TOS. Each site is getting over 300 uniques a day and I am getting sales and ad clicks. After a month or so I will see what site is working best and then scale up big time.

      The key to making money online is find something new, that no one else is doing and then keep quite about it.... Not instantly make a wso and share it with everyone.
      Yup it's always those who never quit end up making a credible business for themselves. Now atleast you have traffic from sites which won't de-index or de-rank and stuff. Also remember to invest a little money from earnings in this site. It's like you are writing a post daily. Start outsourcing one daily and write one on your own. Also remember that mostly these methods are picked up by competitors without using wsos. I had a next-previous blog on funny images long back before someone knew about those ajax arrows which change pages without reloading. I used to make 300+ on a daily basis from cpm. But competitors can lurk among your visitors too
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7833128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eightmotives
    Great thread! Being passionate about a niche can really put you one step closer to achieving the type of earnings you've always envisioned online. I find it easier to write on a blog daily when the topic has something to do with something that I would enjoy regardless if I made money with it or not.

    For me, it all comes down to really sticking to a specific regiment that I have created for myself. The minute that I derail from that is the minute that my earnings follow suit. If you are passionate about a subject matter and are consistent with sharing your knowledge, you will develop a following which can then be monetized. It's true in any industry.

    Now get back to enjoying your Friday night!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7833087].message }}

Trending Topics