How Documents Sharing Sites Help in SEO Ranking ?

22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I want to know how it is possible to get backlinks and better ranking by sharing a PDF file in document sharing sites, how it will work ?

Please advice
#documents #ranking #seo #sharing #sites
  • Profile picture of the author WebMeUp
    PDF submission may have a positive impact on rankings, especially if you offer content that is likely to be downloaded and shared. PDF sites are similar to Web 2.0 sites in terms of SEO: this is not the technique which gives you the strongest backlinks, but still good enough to increase visibility and diversify a backlink profile a bit.

    First of all make sure that your PDF is actually a text file, not an image, so search engine bots can actually read and index this file. As for the rest, the same rules are applied as to any other content you optimize: using keywords in title, URL, content and ALT tags. Moreover, use your keywords in document’s properties where applicable and add some backlinks inside your PDF file.

    Scribd.com, Slideshare.net, Issuu.com, 4shared.com, Yudu.com, Docstoc.com. are strong domains you can submit PDF files to (PR 6-8).
    Signature
    WebMeUp Backlink Tool - the largest growing backlink index on the Web: http://webmeup.com/tools/backlinks.html
    [HOT] WebMeUp solution for NOT PROVIDED: http://webmeup.com/not-provided.html
    [NEW] WebMeUp Blog - the blog about the latest industry news and hottest trends: http://webmeup.com/blog/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7885578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author boosters
      Originally Posted by WebMeUp View Post

      PDF submission may have a positive impact on rankings, especially if you offer content that is likely to be downloaded and shared. PDF sites are similar to Web 2.0 sites in terms of SEO: this is not the technique which gives you the strongest backlinks, but still good enough to increase visibility and diversify a backlink profile a bit.

      First of all make sure that your PDF is actually a text file, not an image, so search engine bots can actually read and index this file. As for the rest, the same rules are applied as to any other content you optimize: using keywords in title, URL, content and ALT tags. Moreover, use your keywords in document's properties where applicable and add some backlinks inside your PDF file.

      Scribd.com, Slideshare.net, Issuu.com, 4shared.com, Yudu.com, Docstoc.com. are strong domains you can submit PDF files to (PR 6-8).
      Thanks for the brief reply. So that mean if i placed a link in pdf file, will this be also counted by google ?

      Well i mostly want to consider about serp movement so my articles is not useful for reading.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7886143].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WebMeUp
        Originally Posted by boosters View Post

        Thanks for the brief reply. So that mean if i placed a link in pdf file, will this be also counted by google ?

        Well i mostly want to consider about serp movement so my articles is not useful for reading.
        The links from PDF are counted as backlinks to your site and they definitely can affect SERP movement positively. However, if you're not really into making them for readers, this - as any other obviously 'manipulative' technique - may sooner or later result in penalty. So, no one can precisely estimate for how long the positive effect of such a submission will last.
        Signature
        WebMeUp Backlink Tool - the largest growing backlink index on the Web: http://webmeup.com/tools/backlinks.html
        [HOT] WebMeUp solution for NOT PROVIDED: http://webmeup.com/not-provided.html
        [NEW] WebMeUp Blog - the blog about the latest industry news and hottest trends: http://webmeup.com/blog/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7886893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BenQ
    Originally Posted by boosters View Post

    So i have to create unique article for every pdf sites or only one pdf can done this all ?
    One nicely spun can do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7886772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ejullya
    Originally Posted by BenQ View Post

    Yes, it does work. I do this frequently for my own sites and client sites.

    About half end up being completely live interactive documents that have clickable images and links. A few will only have the links clickable. DocStoc does not support clickable links, but the document is still being hosted on a very high authority and high PR site. The html in the pdf is parsed by search engine spiders, and the links are valid.
    It's more a technique for the search engines, not for human readers.

    Check my sig for more info.
    Hey Ben,

    Thanks for this explanation. I was often wondering why DocStoc was included in the link building techniques as they don't show the links. I had no clue that they are still visible to search engines.

    Interesting, I will certainly give DocSoc a consideration from now on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7887628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaytav
    Originally Posted by BenQ View Post

    Yes, it does work. I do this frequently for my own sites and client sites.

    About half end up being completely live interactive documents that have clickable images and links. A few will only have the links clickable. DocStoc does not support clickable links, but the document is still being hosted on a very high authority and high PR site. The html in the pdf is parsed by search engine spiders, and the links are valid.
    It's more a technique for the search engines, not for human readers.

    Check my sig for more info.
    That's really cool....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7889378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    We never did an isolated test but I suspect it too work, either way links from as many geo locations and referring IP's as possible is always a good thing.

    Don't see this as an invitation to start-up spam softwares though, links at poor sites will not help your rankings and open you up for Penguin like penalties.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7889399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ron34689
    You can certainly benefit from doc sharing site submissions. These sites are under utilized for a number of reasons and that can work toward your SEO success. I use them on a daily basis along with my standard SEO practices. I really could go on and on about this topic but i do not see the need to do so here as there are several posts in this thread that covey this idea pretty well. IMHO, you should take a page from Nike and just do it! ;-)
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8273529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luqmankyz
    Hello, links from documents on doc sharing sites do count.

    For list of Doc sharing lists check this out. 31 PDF and Document sharing sites.
    Signature
    "Do not where the path may lead. Go where there is no path and leave a trail." - R.W. Emerson
    | Unlock Your Strengths
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8351488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boosters
    I just found my own topic. I have seen couple of sites where their PDF files was still not indexed by the google like i seen 1 year old pdf file too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8391838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MathewJonns
    These are few benefits of posting your articles to document sharing sites:
    • You can get indexed in Google very quickly
    • Add images and flashy formatting to your articles (this can boost click through rates)
    • Create your document and upload to multiple document sharing sites for more traffic and views (I’ll explain why this ISN’T duplicate content in a second)
    • Easily add affiliate links into your articles.
    Hope these point will help you....!!!!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8956544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moses.W.
    They are just backlink sources like other sources. They are not silver bullets that will surely rank your website up.
    Signature

    Panda Bot Network
    Missing Part of Your SEO Campaign
    PandaBot.Net

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8956680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author felixcohen
    Guys but what what kind of format must original document be created in so presentations sharing websites and infographic sharing websites won't strip hyperlinks/anchor texts from them that search engines will be able to crawl?

    Would SlideShare still display those properly if presentations are uploaded in PowerPoint's .PPT format?

    Lastly, in case I created in format that would not work well with above websites, how can I convert to proper format and with which tools?

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9250298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mivid
      Originally Posted by felixcohen View Post

      Guys but what what kind of format must original document be created in so presentations sharing websites and infographic sharing websites won't strip hyperlinks/anchor texts from them that search engines will be able to crawl?

      Would SlideShare still display those properly if presentations are uploaded in PowerPoint's .PPT format?

      Lastly, in case I created in format that would not work well with above websites, how can I convert to proper format and with which tools?

      Thanks!
      yes you can upload ppt format to slide share,add keywords in the specific fields. And you can convert files in any format to required ones using online converters.There are many free tools available Just google it. I hop my rply is helpful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Assignmentwriter
    PDF sharing is very effective for ranking and traffic try share best content keyword wise
    Signature
    Prospring launch offering a 100 Million in Prizes and stacks of benefits each week.
    http://www.prospringlaunch.com/Akbar786

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9250347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author felixcohen
    What format does SlideShare keep uploaded file in that has .PPT extension?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9250495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmanD
    I've had some success using sites like scribd, but it's usually better if you can push more PA through it by building links on a large scale to it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9378141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smaddoxjr
    This site seems to have very useful information on your question. Your Guide to Creating Backlinks with PDF Files | Ace Site Creator
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9378183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chaksmiths
    thanks for this wonderful thread guys.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jenudsouza
    Document sharing sites are good source for getting backlinks to your website. They help your site to rank on top of SERPs and also they are good source for driving high traffic towards your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736653].message }}

Trending Topics