The Warrior Progression

by yukon Banned
32 replies
  • SEO
  • |
This is the trend I see for a lot of people on Warrior forum, not everyone, but a lot of threads, comments, ideas...



I'll create an authority site.

That fails because it requires a lot of upfront work, you have to actually create real content that people/traffic will want. Odds are their idea of authority is based on page volume, If they have a bunch of pages it must be an authority.




I'll create a network of MFA sites.

That fails because they soon figure out the sites are weak/thin & can't even support themselves when trying rank a page. No traffic equals no money.




I'll create an auto blog.

That ends up failing once they figure out they don't have a clue what they're doing. Google eventually buries the pile of dung site in Supplemental SERPs If they're lucky enough to even keep the site indexed in Google SERPs.



I give up, I'll go try another IM sub-niche.

If they're honest, they never really tried anything, just a bunch of useless time wasting gimmicks they found in outdated ebooks.

The cycle repeats, only in a different IM sub-niche.
#progression #warrior
  • Profile picture of the author tech84
    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    I give up, I'll go try another IM sub-niche.

    If they're honest, they never really tried anything, just a bunch of useless time wasting gimmicks they found in outdated ebooks.

    The cycle repeats, only in a different IM sub-niche.
    Here's another one:

    I give up, I'll go start an SEO service.
    use the useless time wasting gimmicks they found in outdated ebooks and charge other people for it.


    Signature

    Insert Sig here for ***** Moolahs ,,I,,

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7890598].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Y0u will not like this Yuke but there is a thread linking all these together.

      The business model

      If you have a business model that is centered in user experience in a particular niche and with products or serices around that niche then you build an entirely different site than you would if all your business model is built to make dollars from Adsense

      Your beloved adsense is exactly what causes many of the things you point out. Yes the same can be said for lazy affiliate sites as well but at least with affiliate sites there is a content focus. its on the product. The site owner wants a sale so they have a direct incentive to put something relevant and persuasive about the product at least in some of their content. True how most people do affiliate sites qualifies just as bad as adsense however....

      With Adsense no such direct incentive applies. IF you can drive traffic to the crappiest of sites it in fact might even help for it to be crappy because people might click an adsense ad to escape.

      There has to be a fundamental shift in how people approach their business model if any of the thing you listed are to change and the adsense MMO mentality is at the core of what would need to change. If you have to think about real products and real services then you go through a mental process that tends to end up in real sites because you care more about real people and whats involved in them feeling comfortable and motivated to buy those products or services.

      Adsense has the direct tendency of making people think about keyword traffic and nothing else.

      This and other reasons is precisely why I say Adsense as a business model sucks. I don't say that repeatedly just to gaul people but because the whole mindset of adsense as a business model is PRECISELY one of the biggest problems in MMO.

      YOu can't just simply attack the methods without addressing the business model mindset. Its pointless. Perpetuators of adsense are part of the problem not the solution.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7890634].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author trytolearnmore
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Adsense has the direct tendency of making people think about keyword traffic and nothing else.
        Adsense doesn't cause crappy websites to appear in Google - it's the people who are flawed.

        Adsense allows people to focus solely on writing good content (while making money in the process), without thinking about building lists, establishing relationships, selling products, etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7890723].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by trytolearnmore View Post

          Adsense allows people to focus solely on writing good content
          I'm sorry how does Adsense ALLOW for me to do that when I can do that without adsense at all?

          (while making money in the process), without thinking about building lists, establishing relationships, selling products, etc.
          Thank you. That proves my point. It calls you to do nothing and hence it attracts the lazy and the uncreative as a way of doing MMO (and I am NOT claiming everyone using adsense gives in to that attraction). Now read the Op again and tell me that all the problems cited there don't come from that same issue.

          Look at what you just wrote "without thinking about........establishing relationshsips". You are right not even with your website visitors. Thats the problem.

          Adsense has nothing in it that dictates that anyone write good content on an ongoing basis or gives them any direct incentive to do that. Thats PRECISELY one of the reasons it is so popular. It requires nothing but keyword research and a website.

          Its a business model that does not inspire great anything. IF you have a reason for your site and and overall business model and stick adsense on it for supplemental income then fine but by itself as a business model? - adsense sucks both financially and in encouraging the very mindset that causes the problems the Op lists.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7890925].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author trytolearnmore
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            It requires nothing but keyword research and a website.
            Not necessarily. How many times has yukon mentioned him earning Adsense money from forum traffic? (I've also made Adsense money from Reddit traffic)

            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            It calls you to do nothing and hence it attracts the lazy and the uncreative as a way of doing MMO (and I am NOT claiming everyone using adsense gives in to that attraction).
            OK... a few things:

            1) Not every blogger necessarily knows what keyword research is. They just write their content and hope to make money on the side.
            2) "It calls you to do nothing..." No... it does not call for anything. If I'm wrong, please show me where it does call for that.
            3) It attracts uncreative and lazy people... Anything can attract anyone: guns can attract disturbed individuals; the Bible and the Quran can attract nut jobs. It seems to me that the common denominator in all cases is the human's imperfection.

            I'm a big fan of your posts, but in this case you speak in very biased absolutes.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891077].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by trytolearnmore View Post

              Not necessarily. How many times has yukon mentioned him earning Adsense money from forum traffic? (I've also made Adsense money from Reddit traffic)
              Okay fair enough but how does that change the equation? It doesn't. I mean look at it. If your sole business model is getting people to click away from your site then that does not tend to create incentive for high quality. Why be surprised that the newbie isn't putting in quality?


              2) "It calls you to do nothing..." No... it does not call for anything. If I'm wrong, please show me where it does call for that.
              No....You show me what else is required. Website and paste in the code. Approval process not hard at all. I get people all the time wanting me to rank their adsense site and the sites I see confirm it takes little and nothing (so to speak)


              I'm a big fan of your posts, but in this case you speak in very biased absolutes.
              Am I? or are you just upset because its your business model? You have some points but They really are not as strong. yes anything can have lazy and uncreative people but no things that require hard work and creativity do NOT attract lazy and uncreative people. You are far from the first person to get upset because I point out the business model thing.

              My point is simple

              Stop blaming people for taking the easiest route in building websites when the very business model being pushed to them is based on all that they will not have to do. You yourself proved it. You immediately posted all the things you can skip doing by doing adsense. Adsense and MFAs fits into the EXACT mindset that sells the very WSOs most in here decry.

              You all want to curse the get rich quick easy stuff when its in a WSO and then turn around and appeal to a business model with the same get traffic and make bank mindset
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891612].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Y0u will not like this Yuke but there is a thread linking all these together.

        The business model

        If you have a business model that is centered in user experience in a particular niche and with products or serices around that niche then you build an entirely different site than you would if all your business model is built to make dollars from Adsense

        Your beloved adsense is exactly what causes many of the things you point out. Yes the same can be said for lazy affiliate sites as well but at least with affiliate sites there is a content focus. its on the product. The site owner wants a sale so they have a direct incentive to put something relevant and persuasive about the product at least in some of their content. True how most people do affiliate sites qualifies just as bad as adsense however....

        With Adsense no such direct incentive applies. IF you can drive traffic to the crappiest of sites it in fact might even help for it to be crappy because people might click an adsense ad to escape.

        There has to be a fundamental shift in how people approach their business model if any of the thing you listed are to change and the adsense MMO mentality is at the core of what would need to change. If you have to think about real products and real services then you go through a mental process that tends to end up in real sites because you care more about real people and whats involved in them feeling comfortable and motivated to buy those products or services.

        Adsense has the direct tendency of making people think about keyword traffic and nothing else.

        This and other reasons is precisely why I say Adsense as a business model sucks. I don't say that repeatedly just to gaul people but because the whole mindset of adsense as a business model is PRECISELY one of the biggest problems in MMO.

        YOu can't just simply attack the methods without addressing the business model mindset. Its pointless. Perpetuators of adsense are part of the problem not the solution.

        That's where people confuse content with monetization, a crappy site is crap regardless of how a person is trying to earn money.

        Like I said in another forum thread, forget the money long enough to see what's left on the site. If the site doesn't serve a purpose it's crap, plain & simple. I'm talking about things like spun content or doing silly things that people think will generate traffic.

        I run Adsense on a few sites, I also have multiple email list for those same Adsense sites. People don't willingly sign up for email list unless they're interested in the content. My Adsense sites average around 40% return traffic & a little over 7 page-views per unique traffic/visit. No articles, no BS, just useful content that I created & the traffic wants. It's not rocket science, it's consistent work for what matters (real content).

        All this article writing/spinning I keep seeing on the SEO forum is pure crap, he$$ even the webmaster isn't interested enough in the site to create real content. Those have to be some awesome sites, meh.

        Then I see comments like You don't want traffic to like the content or they won't click an affiliate Ad. Those people are brain dead (somebody show some mercy & pull the plug already... :rolleyes: ).

        Mike I'm not trying to have a pissing match, but you have to know that this forum basically mirrors the BH forums when it comes to any affiliate network, they're always looking for the pie in the sky easy way out of everything they do when the answer (real content) is easier than the link spamming, spinning pile of dung EMDs they keep dishing out year after year.

        Adsense isn't the problem, Amazon isn't the problem, the problem is the lazy people that can't figure out the difference between the words useful & useless when it comes to a website.

        Good grief this is 2013, has anyone learned a d@mn thing? Create real content & get the traffic to keep returning to the site/s.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891204].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          That's where people confuse content with monetization, a crappy site is crap regardless of how a person is trying to earn money.
          Agreed but how is that going to change Yuke? Lets be practical and realistic about human nature. People put up crappy sites because they think the crappy sites may still make bank. Shoot there are people right in this forum that will tell them if they backlink enough they WILL make bank.

          Theres only one way that that is going to change and that is if they feel they have to build better sites to make bank as an incentive. You can cry till the cows come home that they should take the long term high quality approach. people have. Has it worked in convincing the masses to build better sites? No it hasn't.

          IF tomorrow Google says in order to have an adsense site you have to have content on it that 10 reviewers will love and it has to be on one particular subject plus they will triple payouts then Shazaam! All of a sudden you would start to see killer content. Its called incentive.

          a business model like adsense now has the effect of having little to no direct easily seen incentive. As such it PERPETUATES not fights the problem.

          I run Adsense on a few sites, I also have multiple email list for those same Adsense sites. People don't willingly sign up for email list unless they're interested in the content. My Adsense sites average around 40% return traffic & a little over 7 page-views per unique traffic/visit. No articles, no BS, just useful content that I created & the traffic wants. It's not rocket science, it's consistent work for what matters (real content).
          Well I tried long ago to tell you that your business model goes beyond adsense but you were so offended and hurt at the very idea anyone would criticize adsense you just blew up in the thread, rattled off a post and went off in a huff and we have been at war ever since on the subject. From what I have read you are in a niche you work, have an interest in and if tomorrow adsense closed down you could switch easily.

          Your business model is YOUR SITE and the regular visitors to it. You focus on that and adsense is just a present advertising monetization of that but...and I say this to everyone......IF you look around and think that that business model is what people are doing when they look to adsense as a business model you are all deaf and blind.

          everyone of you.

          to be continued....
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891681].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Its usually at this point that people don't get the difference between your site being you business model (which you can think of all of kinds of ways of monetization) and adsense being your business model. Heres the difference

            IF your business model revolves around your site then you think of ideas for how your site will be different, what you will cover, research on what people would like, research other sites like it and what they offer, find out where the people who will like the content you put out hang out online. Youthink about whether its something You have an interest in at all. You'll even research all the features you might want to have on it out the gate and any tech that you may need to fulfill that

            ALL BEFORE YOU EVER FIRE UP ADSENSE TO LOOK AT KEYWORDS OR Clickthrough payouts OR BEFORE INSTALLING WORDPRESS.

            Because its the SITE that you expect to make your money WITH OR WITHOUT adsense (and you would research all the various ways including adsense). Adsense is just one way you may monetize it

            The adsense business model is completely different. the site lives and dies for adsense keyword payouts. Its built for that. The content on the site is secondary because the REAL BUSINESS is not the site and what its about its getting clicks AWAY from the site.

            I've said it many many many many times. Merely using adsense on your site does not mean its an adsense business model no more than an online retailer selling shoes running a banner ad makes banner advertising its sole business model. Adsense can bring in income but it SUCKS as a business model. In addition to the model issue it pays out pennies for most and GENERALLY to get higher payouts you will have to rank (As far as search engine traffic goes) in more competitive serps.

            Yuke every thing that you decry about how people on here are building sites goes back to the very same issue of business model.

            The fact that you guys cannot see that is why all those things will continue.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891717].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author trytolearnmore
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              The adsense business model is completely different. the site lives and dies for adsense keyword payouts. Its built for that. The content on the site is secondary because the REAL BUSINESS is not the site and what its about its getting clicks AWAY from the site.
              1) Right now I'm a BA student, and the first thing they teach you is this: the purpose of a company is shareholders' (or owners') wealth maximization. Please note that I did not say "to create a great product" or "make personal profit," so the primary goal is to make sure that people who invest money in our projects, get it back or make a profit.

              *Of course, we are not companies, but our main purpose is to make money.

              2) You've said that Adsense attracts lazy and uncreative people, but what about SEO? How many posts have we seen where people would ask, "Is it OK to bombard the living hell out of a web 2.0 with Scrapebox links?" or "Do I need to add a few nofollow links to make things natural?" How creative is that? Should we also blame SEO?

              3) You have emphasized these two words "REAL BUSINESS." What do you understand by that? Building relationships (and the other stuff I've mentioned above), right?

              But if you do SEO (i'm talking about off-page), aren't you manipulating the system into thinking that your websites deserve a better ranking? You have gained an unfair advantage and taken the place of a potentially more useful website.

              My point is, what I've learned in the "Business Administration" course is that a business should not deceit potential customers and stay on the right side of morality (or at least be close to it). Where is the morality in you manipulating the system? So is that your understanding of "doing business?"

              Or have you created a large PR network because you have seen that the first 10 results are rubbish, and you had to do something about it?

              *Me being a BA student doesn't make me special or give me any moral high-grounds
              ** I'm not against your business model
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892326].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by trytolearnmore View Post


                2) You've said that Adsense attracts lazy and uncreative people, but what about SEO? How many posts have we seen where people would ask, "Is it OK to bombard the living hell out of a web 2.0 with Scrapebox links?" or "Do I need to add a few nofollow links to make things natural?" How creative is that? Should we also blame SEO?
                They are the same mindset. Sorry but your whole post is silly. I never said anywhere that adsense was the only thing in the world that attracts lazy and uncreative people and all I am getting out of your posts is that you are emotionally offended because somebody pointed out the flaws in you busines model which is a lousy way of looking at business for someone in A BA program. That kind of SEO is part of the adsense culture. Fire up the keyword tool , install wordpress , slap some content on and get the backlink tool humming

                But if you do SEO (i'm talking about off-page), aren't you manipulating the system into thinking that your websites deserve a better ranking? You have gained an unfair advantage and taken the place of a potentially more useful website.
                Surprise surprise. I have said multiple times that SEO is not a business model either. Its an advertising model. Plus your claim that doing SEO potentially replaces a more useful website is a nonsense assumption especially since it assumes the silly postion that the site it replaces has done no SEO themselves or is better than what is replacing it. YOu merely assume that to get to where you want to go. However If you rank a site and its crap without a business model then you will utlimately fail too because you won't get repeat traffic. Despite your claims of following my posts you haven't done so

                My point is, what I've learned in the "Business Administration" course is that a business should not deceit potential customers and stay on the right side of morality (or at least be close to it). Where is the morality in you manipulating the system?
                Now we are finally down to it. You can't find anything of substance to say against my points so you are doing nothing but trying to make accusations of my immorality as some kind of counter because your are hurt that i called your business model poor. You are in college now so its time to grow up. Strap in because you are about to learn something you obviously haven't learned yet in your first classes of business. YOu'll also learn something about morality as well if you pay attention.

                Your argument falls flat as a business based accusation on morality. Terribly flat. Its actually an immoral accusation within itself. I buy failed websites (expiring domains) just as every day real businesses buy failed businesses. Why do businesses buy up other businesses? For their assets and to do what with them? - Leverage their existing business...when they do not a soul claims it is immoral to use those assets in any way that promotes their business legally. try floating that to your business professor in class next time it is in session

                It would be the height of silliness to claim that a company that bought another company with advertising connections should not use the newly acquired assets to promote its existing business. Thats a given in offline business. Its only when we get online we encounter people such as yourself that believe that one company defines morality. That very idea of yours is immoral. Companies particularly hypocritical ones (more on that shortly) should never be allowed to determine something as sacred as morality. calling for that is a perversion of morality.

                Fact is you will almost never find a corporation having a sister company that will not link to their other assets with a do follow link. Its their site, Its their business and no one has the MORAL right to tell them what they can do from their own sites. NOt only does Google not censor them. Google loves and ranks highly brand name and fortune 500 companies with said followed links.

                The whole idea of manipulation in order to get traffic is silly beyond words in business. Companies FLAT OUT BUY every other advertising known to man and furthermore Google itself by that logic would be immoral because it SELLS the top three results from the top of the search page for raw cash, UNDENIABLE FACT.

                So why in the world would a company not buy links to rank? Shucks Google itself has been caught more than once buying links and Cutts has had to level short lived penalties against departments in Google in order to save face.

                If thats who you think the whole world should take orders from in regard to morality you are naive. I make no bones about it. Big companies can flat out buy links with advertising dollars and media promotions while moms and pops without the cash get no recognition. For all the people the google spam team hires I have never heard of one single employee responsible for making sure the little guy with a great site gets the exposure needed to rank. If Google did not out and out sell the top three links in their search results I might have been more sympathetic but once their greed moved results from the side to the very top of search results they lost the moral argument completely in regard to "manipulation".

                DOes that mean anything goes? NO I draw the line at offering nothing to the public so the sites must be good that i rank and I draw the line at violating other peoples sites. Besides that as I have said I think its corrupting to morality to claim a company any company gets to set it unilaterally.

                I sleep at night as fine and dandy as the company that bought the top spot in googles search results using adwords. A company that "manipulates its own serps for cash loses any right to appeal to morality of others doing indirectly what they do directly

                Me being a BA student doesn't make me special or give me any moral high-grounds

                Agreed but you didnt have to tell me that . Being a student just says you don't yet know enough to float the accusations you tried to. Plus you totally failed even on logical grounds because I would agree that SEO is not a business model. Its for advertising for a site with a business model. The not so subtle tit for tat failed on both fronts and adsense as a business model still sucks.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892490].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author trytolearnmore
                  Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                  They are the same mindset. Sorry but your whole post is silly. I never said anywhere that adsense was the only thing in the world that attracts lazy and uncreative people and all I am getting out of your posts is that you are emotionally offended because somebody pointed out the flaws in you busines model which is a lousy way of looking at business for someone in A BA program. That kind of SEO is part of the adsense culture. Fire up the keyword tool , install wordpress , slap some content on and get the backlink tool humming
                  1) Nope, I'm not emotionally offended, because:
                  I make good money from Adsense - that is all that matters. Agreed, I do not like you saying that this business model is "bad," but at the end of the day it won't make me, yukon or any other individual make less money, right?

                  2) "Lousy way of looking at business for someone in a BA program"... I'm sorry, but that's just complete BS As we've already established (at least I hope we did), you can't blame someone or something for attracting the wrong crowd.

                  I write good content and make money from that, PERIOD. If you think that is the wrong approach... well, too bad then. :rolleyes:

                  Why blame Adsense for people's imperfections?

                  I never said anywhere that adsense was the only thing in the world that attracts lazy and uncreative people
                  You are right. Adsense isn't the only thing that attracts uncreative people: Clickbank, SEO, CPA can also attract the wrong crowd.

                  That kind of SEO is part of the adsense culture. Fire up the keyword tool , install wordpress , slap some content on and get the backlink tool humming
                  Difficult to argue with that. But if you are willing to accept that this is a part of the Adsense culture, then let us also consider Scrapebox and Xrumer spamming a part of the SEO culture.


                  You can't find anything of substance to say against my points so you are doing nothing but trying to make accusations of my immorality as some kind of counter because your are hurt that i called your business model poor.
                  There is no substance to your points against Adsense. I'm sorry... arguments like, "Adsense is crap because it creates a culture of laziness and makes you earn pennies" cannot be taken seriously (at least not by me).

                  I'm not offended, because as I've pointed out earlier, your words won't affect my income, nor can you influence large sites like Wisegeek.com or About.com to stop using Adsense.


                  What is your goal here?
                  What is your purpose in saying that Adsense is bad? Do you want people to change their business model? OK, lazy people will go from putting Adsense on their blogs to putting Clickbank banners. Will that make you feel better?

                  Creating a business is about becoming mature. At one point, lazy people will learn that themselves and start building a serious business (or they will do something else with their lives).

                  About morality
                  Nothing to say here. I shouldn't have mentioned morality.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892590].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                    Originally Posted by trytolearnmore View Post

                    1) Nope, I'm not emotionally offended, because:
                    I make good money from Adsense - that is all that matters. Agreed, I do not like you saying that this business model is "bad," but at the end of the day it won't make me, yukon or any other individual make less money, right?
                    Seen it all before ....If I had a dime for every body that says how much money they are making with adsense I'd make more money form adsense than they are really making. Yukon and Paul Gl I don't really doubt are making some amount but Paul has already admitted he makes more money doing something entirely difference so that tells me a lot and I'll take his word over yours anyday.

                    in short argue your points on the merits not on income claims that are a dime a dozen or trying to switch the subject to SEO as a business model (which I don't agree with either). I took the time to lay out exactly why I wrote what i wrote and exactly what I meant but your only childish retort was to try and take a total failed pass at my morality. We both know that came from being hurt just because somebody questioned your business model. If you were really making the cash you say you are it wouldn't still bother you to respond like that.

                    As for BS We agree on one thing - thats all I have seen from you too. You are now even claiming out right lies that I said adsense directly MAKES people lazy rather than providdes them little incentive to not be lazy

                    Difficult to argue with that. But if you are willing to accept that this is a part of the Adsense culture, then let us also consider Scrapebox and Xrumer spamming a part of the SEO culture.
                    You can consider what you want but don't ask me to join you in silliness. More people do SEO without those things than with. Theres a big bright world outside of WF. get to know it. NO one who approaches adsense as their business model rather than their site being the business model escapes the problems I listed. I sense that the distinction between the site being the business model rather than adsense went straight over your head based on some things you continue to write and ask but hey that happens.

                    I'm not offended, because as I've pointed out earlier, your words won't affect my income, nor can you influence large sites like Wisegeek.com or About.com to stop using Adsense.
                    First - Yep as I suspected you can't read worth a lick as a college student - Trying to use About.com and say they are an adsense business model based business is exactly the thing I addressed before. Just because a site is using adsense for monetization at some point does not mean it falls into that category. About has a business model that you could switch out adsense for any other monetization system and it would work the same way and you can see they are built exactly that way here

                    Standard Media | About.com Media Kit

                    second- I don't post to make big companies stop using adsense. lol you still are acting so hurt. "you can't stop these from using adsense so there" :rolleyes:

                    Am I trying to reach them by posting here? or perhaps new marketers who don't have their kind of traffic? take a guess
                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892834].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author trytolearnmore
                      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                      We both know that came from being hurt just because somebody questioned your business model. If you were really making the cash you say you are it wouldn't still bother you to respond like that.
                      You are right... I shouldn't be arguing with you over this, so I will stop.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    /\ Exactly as you said, "people are flawed". Which is precisely why we need to keep them away from adsense.

    If the government doesn't trust people with soda, then why should people trust each other with adsense?

    The answer is - they shouldn't.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7890763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Make Money Ninja
    There is a "dip" between success and failure. You have to keep taking action despite no positive reinforcement, its really hard to do.

    People give up because they dont realize the power of compounding in IM.

    It takes time for sites to age, build links, build content, trust etc.

    I work with gambling websites. My big earner is a 300 page authority site that gets 400 visits a day (enough to make over $10k a month in this niche). I also build 1 page sites/mini sites on EMD's, blogspots, tumblrs etc. There is no correct strategy.

    Action is the correction strategy. It's funny when people have a clear plan of what they want to achieve, a shitty strategy ends up being a rather good one if u just keep moving forward despite resistance.

    This is basically why i think people fail:

    The Biggest Secret to Making Money Online!

    Either that, or i am just smarter than everyone else.
    Signature

    The Ultimate Guide To Link Building

    Get More Links - Generate More Traffic - Make More Money!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stevie C
      Originally Posted by Make Money Ninja View Post

      There is a "dip" between success and failure. You have to keep taking action despite no positive reinforcement, its really hard to do.

      People give up because they dont realize the power of compounding in IM.

      It takes time for sites to age, build links, build content, trust etc.

      I work with gambling websites. My big earner is a 300 page authority site that gets 400 visits a day (enough to make over $10k a month in this niche). I also build 1 page sites/mini sites on EMD's, blogspots, tumblrs etc. There is no correct strategy.

      Action is the correction strategy. It's funny when people have a clear plan of what they want to achieve, a shitty strategy ends up being a rather good one if u just keep moving forward despite resistance.

      This is basically why i think people fail:

      The Biggest Secret to Making Money Online!

      Either that, or i am just smarter than everyone else.
      Make money ninja [oh dear] I'm sure you are not smarter than everyone else but you've hit the nail on the head with this post , I salute you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
    I also agree that it comes down to the individual, the person behind the website. Not everyone may be keen on the human interaction like what list building and relationship building brings about, but that does not mean that they do not have anything of value to add to the net.

    Everything is about personal preference when building a website and choosing the monetization strategy. Webmaster A may build a crappy website, with poor content in the hope of earning some Adsense coin and Webmaster B may build a highly informative site also with the hope of earning money in the process.... it is all about the individual!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Make Money Ninja
    Yukon, i put really HQ content on my sites.

    Also, its gambling affiliate, so even though its HQ writing, its low value. The whole industry is low value. It basically just making money from rankings.

    There are other industries like this and you can make bank in them. Think pay day loans.

    I do truck loads of article spinning though and i do very well out of it. Whats wrong with using them for links?

    And dont say google will penalize me, they wont, they havent for the past 3 years and im making bank doing it.
    Signature

    The Ultimate Guide To Link Building

    Get More Links - Generate More Traffic - Make More Money!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Make Money Ninja View Post

      Yukon, i put really HQ content on my sites.

      Also, its gambling affiliate, so even though its HQ writing, its low value.

      That doesn't even make sense.

      I guess you own a spell checker?
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    Exactly.

    Hey, what shall I do with my low quality pages that don't convert?

    Brilliant idea: I put Adsense on them!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      Exactly.

      Hey, what shall I do with my low quality pages that don't convert?

      Brilliant idea: I put Adsense on them!
      I've seen your spin/spun thread, good luck with that while running Adsense. You could probably get away with the gibberish as an Amazon affiliate, I've never known them to care about anything content related.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891898].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        Mike, we don't disagree on some things here. At least I hope
        I get the gist of what you are saying.

        I never tell people to start an adsense site based on some
        pie-in-the-sky-nonsense-keyword. Never. I tell people
        to find a topic they love, can nurture, can bring to
        fruition a real authority site.

        You can develop a site on red socks. And if you get scads
        of people going there, ready to buy red socks, guess how
        much people will bid on your site to get on it?

        Niche rarely, and I mean RARELY matters with a capital R
        as far as CPC and and making money. You can make money.
        Good money. No matter what niche you choose.

        And I always say, that if you are going to choose some
        idiot keyword based on "research," buy a domain, install
        WP, create 50 unique (but in reality bogus) articles,
        slap adsense on it, claim you are an authority site, you
        are the bane of my existence.

        It takes time. It takes hard work. It takes sweat. It takes
        love.

        But no. people come here, claiming they have made an authority
        site, with WP no less, then come here and actually ask how
        long it will take to rank, or why they are not ranking.

        And that's just insane.

        Yes, you can do keyword research. But if you are not
        prepared to take it to the top level, then don't start
        the site. Google does not need nor want it.

        With all respect to Yukon, I'll call it

        The Warrior Regression.

        Toss in fiverr gigs to buy YT views, FB likes, and other idiot
        dumb-@$$ link building or SEO, and you have a recipe for
        disaster. If not now, soon.

        That's not an adsense business. That's not even a real
        business. That's not even making a good, let alone
        valuable, website.

        Get rich slow.

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7891933].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        I've seen your spin/spun thread, good luck with that while running Adsense. You could probably get away with the gibberish as an Amazon affiliate, I've never known them to care about anything content related.
        Oh F*** totally forgot about that indeed, might get me banned, meh....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hansons
    Of course, Adsense is becoming more challenging, if you are planning to earn from Adsense then you have to think twice first.

    You should have any good plan for content from that users would get benefited and they should be fresh and qualitative.
    Signature

    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    I'm a BA student. I got a full time job from learning off the Warriorforum > University. Waddddup? Drinks on me.
    Signature

    RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7892408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    This somehow turned into an Adsense thread, so I'll share something that isn't typical as far as traffic generation goes around here.

    I said before that I have email list on my Adsense sites, one of the things I do every once in a while is browse the email list for TLD email URLs. On my best traffic site I have 3 .edu email subscribers & the front part of the email is their real name (ex: johndoe@someschool.edu). At first I thought the emails were kind of cool (don't see that too often on my email list), so I googled the school/edu & found the staff pages that list everyone that works for the schools. The emails belong to school instructors, a mix of high school & community college .edu schools.

    This got me to thinking about using the instructors as traffic sources by contacting same niche school instructors (not school Admin.) at different schools than are already on my email list & send them an email (get the emails from the same niche school sitemaps via Google) asking If there's anything they need that's not already on my existing site/s.

    It's more or less link baiting the school instructors but my sites are a content source & it's free content which is useful for school instructors, they're always getting nickel & dimed by budget cuts.

    The ultimate goal would be to get the instructors to pass my site/s link/URL along to students. I figure even a small class size in a high school/community college would be around 20 unique traffic (per class) & that's highly targeted traffic, you can't get traffic better than that, these are people guaranteed to be interested in the niche.

    This also got me to thinking about this guys story:
    "I started with the idea of providing a research source for schools and universities that was free of charge," explains Simkin. "I mailed all the schools and universities and did some advertising on Google at the start, and now 137,000 schools and colleges link to the site, which makes it very popular."
    I realize Google is promoting Adwords in that article but that's not important to me, what's interesting is the quote above (in red). That quote is basically what I'm planning on doing with my own sites, mailing niche school instructors to try & get the instructors to generate traffic for my sites.

    The real work in this traffic source would be manually creating a laser targeted list of niche school instructors, all schools don't offer the same class.

    I'm thinking If I can hook the instructor they'll continue to use my site/URL/content for future classes, so it's a lot more traffic than just 20 students in a single class, most teachers make a long term career out of teaching. Even If I only connected with 1 school from all 50 US states that's possibly 1,000 unique traffic per class/semester, I'm low balling the numbers to be somewhat realistic.

    BTW this is content that gets shared by traffic via sites, blogs, forums, word of mouth..., the content isn't complicated but it does have a learning curve when first starting to learn how things work (mostly learning niche software). These are also Adsense sites. I'm not promoting Adsense, really I don't care If anyone runs Adsense or anything else, it's my choice, it's what I do. My point here is generating niche traffic.

    Edit: Also, I'm not one of those .edu link guys (lol), I don't care about getting links as far as SEO. I'm looking for more direct niche traffic, they can javascript the link for all I care.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7893784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    From now on I forbid you guys to make such long posts. Is it cause of charity towards the warrior forum for better search engine rankings or do you guys jus thave nothing better to do? :p
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7894283].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      From now on I forbid you guys to make such long posts. Is it cause of charity towards the warrior forum for better search engine rankings or do you guys jus thave nothing better to do? :p
      We are all not just pimping our sig so we don't keep things short to highlight it like ummm some people
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7894354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I took some time to follow up on the school teacher email leads.

    I found a footprint, searched the class name (niche) + TLD for a single US state, collected the first 10 emails from the school directories for the teachers that teach the niche class. Sent out a canned email but made it sound like I was speaking directly to another person, then used the BCC on the email to hide each of the 10 emails from the other 9 people.

    Lol, hope I'm not violating any email law. I'm not selling a single thing, all the content (downloads) on my site are 100% free, they don't have to register or anything like that. I even offered to help create custom downloads as long as I can post the content on my site for all my traffic to use & they don't ask for content that would violate a trademark or copyright, I don't even consider stuff like that.

    It's late Fri. night so they probably won't see the emails until early Mon. morning of next week, I probably should have waited for late Sun. night so my email would be at the top of their inbox, I figure a teacher isn't getting very many emails anyways, plus I didn't feel like waiting, wanted to get this tested before I forget (lol).

    What reminded me of testing this tonight was, I was checking my best sites email list tonight & noticed a new email from a .edu school, did the Google search for the email/domain name & it was indeed another teacher.

    Anyways, the wheels are in motion, now I wait & see what happens. This is the first time I've actually went out & tried to get teachers to visit my site.

    Note these are very targeted emails/teachers, I'm manually searching for these emails/teachers myself, nothing automated. I want these teachers on my site so they'll hopefully share my link/s with their students, who will hopefully pass my link on to friends, family, whoever...
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968091].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brittlesnc
      Hey Yukon,

      Did any of the teachers you contacted ever get back to you?


      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I took some time to follow up on the school teacher email leads.

      I found a footprint, searched the class name (niche) + TLD for a single US state, collected the first 10 emails from the school directories for the teachers that teach the niche class. Sent out a canned email but made it sound like I was speaking directly to another person, then used the BCC on the email to hide each of the 10 emails from the other 9 people.

      Lol, hope I'm not violating any email law. I'm not selling a single thing, all the content (downloads) on my site are 100% free, they don't have to register or anything like that. I even offered to help create custom downloads as long as I can post the content on my site for all my traffic to use & they don't ask for content that would violate a trademark or copyright, I don't even consider stuff like that.

      It's late Fri. night so they probably won't see the emails until early Mon. morning of next week, I probably should have waited for late Sun. night so my email would be at the top of their inbox, I figure a teacher isn't getting very many emails anyways, plus I didn't feel like waiting, wanted to get this tested before I forget (lol).

      What reminded me of testing this tonight was, I was checking my best sites email list tonight & noticed a new email from a .edu school, did the Google search for the email/domain name & it was indeed another teacher.

      Anyways, the wheels are in motion, now I wait & see what happens. This is the first time I've actually went out & tried to get teachers to visit my site.

      Note these are very targeted emails/teachers, I'm manually searching for these emails/teachers myself, nothing automated. I want these teachers on my site so they'll hopefully share my link/s with their students, who will hopefully pass my link on to friends, family, whoever...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7987171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Backlinko
    I'm not sure it's right to lump together building an authority site, a network of MFA sites and an autoblog.

    They're so, so different. Even if you "fail" at building an authority site at least you (hopefully) learned a few things, like how to create awesome content and a new niche.

    That being said, your point is completely valid: most Warriors fail dozens of times before finally succeeding...and they usually find success in something other than building 150 MFA sites "the right way".

    It's because they sacked up and built a real business.
    Signature
    Find Awesome Keywords...Without ANY Tools
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7987597].message }}

Trending Topics