SEOs, friends, here are a few questions for you; your answers might help up-and-coming SEOs map out their own path to success! Of course you can answer as many or few of these as you'd like. This post is to disperse some preconceptions floating around that SEO/Adsense/PPC forum is full of cowboys, that these areas of IM are somehow inferior to other niches of IM. (Ever get that vibe from the rest of the WF? Me too)
1) How did you get into Internet Marketing? What did you do before that?
2) What are some personality traits that you think are important to possess in IM/SEO? What qualities of your own personality have helped/hindered you?
3) What is your area of expertise?
4) What kind of education was necessary to do what you do? Did you have formal/traditional training? Did you have a mentor? Are you self-taught?
5) What are some specific skills or programs that you learned along the way that have helped you get where you are today? Do you know any server side languages for example?
6) What advice would you give to someone that wants to be where you are now? Your best advice for someone starting out!
Time to represent our industry and give back!