After a bit of advice, I've just released my newest website and I've put a massive effort into making it Google friendly post-penguin as I do rely on search engine traffic a lot.
Onto link building, I must get this right from the start and need a little bit of guidance. Here's my plan so far:
1. Get a list of 10/15 keywords I want to rank for
2. Write 20 unique articles of between 250 - 400 words each relating to my niche, naturally dropping in 3 of my keywords into each article
3. Link my three keywords back to my money site
4. Every week, post 5 articles on 5 different Web 2.0 sites
5. Backlink check my competitors and use the sites they are backlinking from, post 5 articles onto 5 different sites.
6. Use my other articles to guest post on relevant blogs in my niche.
7. Rinse and repeat weekly.
Am I on the right tracks here? I'm at a loss to know how much is too much or not enough, but I do believe in quality over quantity - I also don't want to spend all week backlinking!
Also if anyone has any guidance on how to find Web 2.0 sites that would be a good starting point!