A Tip on How to Get Backlinks Naturally

by Wes888
9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Just want to share a tip on how I get backlinks naturally. I would often search using link: http://www.mydomain.com or mydomain.com at Google. I would often encounter people giving credit to my content saying something like "Courtesy of mydomain.com" but forgetting to link to my site.

I would then e-mail the blog or website and ask if they could add a link to back. Almost 100% of the time I would get a link back. This would work only if your site has content that people find useful.
#backlinks #naturally #tip
  • Profile picture of the author zpoll92
    Yes, this is a simple and honest way of building backlinks. Everyone should use this tactic if you are serious about link building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8153121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeff09
    Actually you will get backlink if people love your content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8153186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solemanali
    All I do is just write quality content and I automatically start to gain backlinks from social networking sites and other sites on the internet that are related to my niche.

    I have allowed guest posting on my site and it has a pr4 so after I created the guest post page I saw that my site was listed in many guest posting sites list and wow I got free links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8153541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dalegolden
    Originally Posted by Wes888 View Post

    I would then e-mail the blog or website and ask if they could add a link to back. Almost 100% of the time I would get a link back. This would work only if your site has content that people find useful.
    Have you used this technique yourself? Just asking because the guarantee you are providing to get backlink in this way is 100% and it is not much likely to be true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8154753].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wes888
      Originally Posted by dalegolden View Post

      Have you used this technique yourself? Just asking because the guarantee you are providing to get backlink in this way is 100% and it is not much likely to be true.
      Yes I'm using this myself. I said almost 100% well out of maybe 5 tries there was one that didn't reply probably because the content was posted more than 6 months ago and he used the content differently. For the other 4, the reply was fast and on the affirmative.

      The trick is to search and contact those that have used your content recently and with credit to your website explicitly stated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hansons
    Also, Google has different section for searching blogs, discussion, video etc.. use all those one by one with relevant keywords search..
    Signature

    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8155287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Backlinko
    If you want to scale this up you can use the "Mentions Tracker" feature in Ahrefs. It finds all mentions (both linked and unlinked) of your brandname, site etc.

    And then you can reach out to those people and say: "Dude! Thanks for the mention. Can I get a link please??".
    Signature
    Find Awesome Keywords...Without ANY Tools
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    Originally Posted by Wes888 View Post

    Just want to share a tip on how I get backlinks naturally. I would often search using link: http://www.mydomain.com or mydomain.com at Google. I would often encounter people giving credit to my content saying something like "Courtesy of mydomain.com" but forgetting to link to my site.

    I would then e-mail the blog or website and ask if they could add a link to back. Almost 100% of the time I would get a link back. This would work only if your site has content that people find useful.
    Yes... But most people can't do this, because they often use copied or duplicated content, so I don't think people will link back to them especially if they know this fact!
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8156879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PROmotions LLC
    This could be a good way to get backlinks, but you could also pay that person to use your content and include your link, Google does not know which method you used so considering them "natural" would be in your head.
    Signature

    Signature!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8157029].message }}

Trending Topics