Market Samurai Vs. SEO Powersuite

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Good day,

I am a total noob when it comes to keyword research and seo. I am exploring some paid options between market samurai and seo powersuite. I am looking for an seo tool that I could use for keyword research, tracking and would help with a link building campaign.
Has anyone used the both of these options? Which one is better?
#market #powersuite #samurai #seo #seo powersuite
  • Profile picture of the author J R Salem
    If you had to choose between the two, probably MS.

    But use a combo of tools, including the google kw tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8160143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rakesh1600193
    Yes MS is good but they don't provide good results for Back links.
    Use backlinkwatch for baclinks.
    Signature
    guaranteed seo services with Google top 10 ranking guarantee.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8162755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    MS is an overpriced, worthless POS. I don't think it offers anything of value. SEO Powersuite provides a far superior rank checker, better tools for analyzing a website and its backlinks, and is not a resource hog like MS.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8162772].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Servaughn
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      MS is an overpriced, worthless POS. I don't think it offers anything of value. SEO Powersuite provides a far superior rank checker, better tools for analyzing a website and its backlinks, and is not a resource hog like MS.
      That's interesting... I was wondering because there are alot of people promoting MS, and not alot promoting SEO Powersuite. I wonder if it is because MS has an affiliate program??

      I just downloaded a trial version of SEO powersuite, it is more expensive than MS, but I see that there are much more features!

      I am just trying to find if there is someone out there that could defend MS against SEO Ps
      Signature

      Real Estate Trinidad
      [URL="http://trinidadrealestate.co.tt"]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8163878].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author linkassistant
        Originally Posted by Servaughn View Post

        That's interesting... I was wondering because there are alot of people promoting MS, and not alot promoting SEO Powersuite. I wonder if it is because MS has an affiliate program??
        Originally Posted by Servaughn View Post

        Seo ps just had 2, HTML validator and Affiliate program!

        SEO PowerSuite has an affiliate program as well: Link-Assistant.Com Affiliate Resource Center. HTML validator is available in WebSite Auditor.
        Signature
        SEO PowerSuite - the most trusted SEO software on the market!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8175966].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Servaughn
          Originally Posted by linkassistant View Post

          SEO PowerSuite has an affiliate program as well: Link-Assistant.Com Affiliate Resource Center. HTML validator is available in WebSite Auditor.
          Thank you!
          Signature

          Real Estate Trinidad
          [URL="http://trinidadrealestate.co.tt"]

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8179948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author +Awesome
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8163891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Servaughn
      I just googled MS vs Seo Powersuite, and MS failed in 18 of the features below! Seo ps just had 2, HTML validator and Affiliate program!

      Analytics
      HTML Validator
      PageRank Analysis
      Spider
      Analytics
      HTML Validator
      PageRank Analysis
      Spider
      Link Management
      Backlink Management
      Broken Links
      Link Analysis
      Link Anchor Text
      Link Partner Analysis
      Outbound Link Management
      Backlink Management
      Broken Links
      Link Analysis
      Link Anchor Text
      Link Partner Analysis
      Outbound Link Management
      Reports
      Backlinks Report
      Competitive Analysis Report
      Keyword Report
      Link Building Report
      Search Engine Report
      Site/Page Structure Report
      Traffic Report
      Backlinks Report
      Competitive Analysis Report
      Keyword Report
      Link Building Report
      Search Engine Report
      Site/Page Structure Report
      Traffic Report
      Keyword Research Features
      Keyword Market Analysis
      Keyword Performance
      Keyword Suggestion
      Keyword Market Analysis
      Keyword Performance
      Keyword Suggestion
      Competition Features
      Competitor Backlink Analysis
      Competitor Link Metrics
      Competitor Ranking
      Domain Comparison
      Competitor Backlink Analysis
      Competitor Link Metrics
      Competitor Ranking
      Domain Comparison
      Promotion Features
      Affiliate Program

      Is there any reason why I should buy MS? I am seeing that seo ps can do everything and more than ms. Also, There is a new update for SEO ps this month!
      I am trying to make an unbiased opinion, is there anyone that can tell me something different about MS, or why I should choose it over SEO Ps?
      Signature

      Real Estate Trinidad
      [URL="http://trinidadrealestate.co.tt"]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8163975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StatCentric
    From a usability standpoint, SEO Powertools blows everything out of the water. Their rank checker is unmatched.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8165538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MatthewWoodward
    Hi,

    I actually use both tools and I dont believe they are comparable.

    Market Samurai used to be a lot more useful than it is today but right now it is by far the best tool for SEO competition analysis.

    SEO Powersuite however is much more suited to the 'management' side of things - the rank tracker is unlimited and much more dynamic with competitor reports, website auditor can help you keep on top of onsite issues, while link assistant can be used to automate guest posting - SEO spy glass is good to monitor and manage backlinks.

    It depends what your goal is
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8165600].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Servaughn
      Originally Posted by MatthewWoodward View Post

      Hi,

      I actually use both tools and I dont believe they are comparable.

      Market Samurai used to be a lot more useful than it is today but right now it is by far the best tool for SEO competition analysis.

      SEO Powersuite however is much more suited to the 'management' side of things - the rank tracker is unlimited and much more dynamic with competitor reports, website auditor can help you keep on top of onsite issues, while link assistant can be used to automate guest posting - SEO spy glass is good to monitor and manage backlinks.

      It depends what your goal is

      Mathew,
      Are you saying that ms is good for research on your competition, but not seo ps, and that seo ps is good for maintaining and building ?

      Can't seo ps do competition analysis as well? if not the same as Ms? whats the difference?
      I would be very grateful if you can answer this.

      Thank you
      Signature

      Real Estate Trinidad
      [URL="http://trinidadrealestate.co.tt"]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8167614].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jackkarter
        Originally Posted by Servaughn View Post

        Mathew,
        Are you saying that ms is good for research on your competition, but not seo ps, and that seo ps is good for maintaining and building ?

        Can't seo ps do competition analysis as well? if not the same as Ms? whats the difference?
        I would be very grateful if you can answer this.

        Thank you
        I use both tools all the time and apart from rank tracking, they both achieve very different things.
        1. Powersuite's Rank tracker wins hand down for rank tracking but when it comes to analysing competition for keywords, Market samurai is (for me) the best on the market.
        2. SEO Powersuite doesn't do "link building" per say. Link Assistant is basically a tool for maintaining reciprocal links and monitors guest posts in the same way. It doesn't build one way links. It can't do keyword competition analysis. SEO Spyglass can analyse the backlinks to a site in great detail, but thats it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8169460].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by olafshiel View Post

          2. SEO Powersuite doesn't do "link building" per say. Link Assistant is basically a tool for maintaining reciprocal links and monitors guest posts in the same way. It doesn't build one way links. It can't do keyword competition analysis. SEO Spyglass can analyse the backlinks to a site in great detail, but thats it.
          Market Samurai doesn't do keyword competition analysis. It just spits out a bunch of useless numbers.

          Using SpyGlass (in combination with Ahrefs) to analyze the backlinks of a page will tell you more about the level of competition than anything that MS tells you.

          MS is just an overhyped POS. Totally worthless. Pulls all its keyword data straight from the Google Keyword Tool, only it takes 20 minutes to do in MS what takes 10 seconds in Google.
          Signature
          SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
          Get a FREE Quote.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8169710].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jackkarter
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            Market Samurai doesn't do keyword competition analysis. It just spits out a bunch of useless numbers.

            Using SpyGlass (in combination with Ahrefs) to analyze the backlinks of a page will tell you more about the level of competition than anything that MS tells you.

            MS is just an overhyped POS. Totally worthless. Pulls all its keyword data straight from the Google Keyword Tool, only it takes 20 minutes to do in MS what takes 10 seconds in Google.
            I'm not sure I totally agree with you there Mike. I find Market Samurai very useful. If you can tell me another piece of software that gives you....

            Age, Page rank, Citation flow, Trust flow, Indexed pages, backlinks to domain, backlinks to page, number of unique domains to both page and site, the amount of links from .gov and edu links, Dmoz or Yahoo registered, keywords in Title, url, Description and H1 tags, multiplied by the top 10 sites, keyword research tool,all layed out in a really simple fashion, for a one off fee of $100 with free updates for life....Please let me know cos I'll buy it!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8423404].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
              Originally Posted by jackkarter View Post

              I'm not sure I totally agree with you there Mike. I find Market Samurai very useful. If you can tell me another piece of software that gives you....

              Age, Page rank, Citation flow, Trust flow, Indexed pages, backlinks to domain, backlinks to page, number of unique domains to both page and site, the amount of links from .gov and edu links, Dmoz or Yahoo registered, keywords in Title, url, Description and H1 tags, multiplied by the top 10 sites, keyword research tool,all layed out in a really simple fashion, for a one off fee of $100 with free updates for life....Please let me know cos I'll buy it!
              Well, that's the problem. You think those metrics tell you something about the level of competition. They don't. PR, citation flow, trust flow... lol... They tell you nothing about the specific keyword you are looking at.

              Here's another little secret... .gov and .edu links carry no special weight just because they are .gov and .edu. If anyone tries to tell you otherwise, you should stop listening to that person immediately. They have no clue what they are talking about.
              Signature
              SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
              Get a FREE Quote.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8423719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dead Body
    Both have some differences please go through the details of both software and choose according to your requirement, for experts MS is slightly better.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8167978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RockNRolla
    For what you have described in your first post, Market Samurai will be the best of the 2 tools to suit your needs. You have to pay for the rank tracking part of it by the amount of keywords you want to track now though. I get 50 per month for free as I purchased it a long time ago, before they changed the way they gather ranking results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8169350].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
      Originally Posted by RockNRolla View Post

      For what you have described in your first post, Market Samurai will be the best of the 2 tools to suit your needs. You have to pay for the rank tracking part of it by the amount of keywords you want to track now though. I get 50 per month for free as I purchased it a long time ago, before they changed the way they gather ranking results.
      You only have to pay (and then it starts at $5 a month) for rank tracker if you go over 50 keywords at a time. Which means when you delete keywords you no longer want, you're limit goes back up
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8169725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hansons
    Use these tools if you have lots of work to research, if you are working alone then you may not need these tools as well.

    For keyword research you can use Google Adwords Keyword Tool.

    Market Samurai is also based on Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
    Signature

    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8171647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Susan Richards
    Originally Posted by Servaughn View Post

    Good day,

    I am a total noob when it comes to keyword research and seo. I am exploring some paid options between market samurai and seo powersuite. I am looking for an seo tool that I could use for keyword research, tracking and would help with a link building campaign.
    Has anyone used the both of these options? Which one is better?
    Both tools are great for marketing but I have experience using SEO Powersuite. It has helped me manage and track progress for the sites that I help rank online...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8425968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author malcsimm
      Hi - basically, keyword research software is a rip for all the but the top 1% of marketers who truly understand SEO and backlinking - and might be able to use their sophistication. For the rest of use - you really only need free tools.

      You only have to look at their sales copy of the keyword tool vendors to see they are no better than the IM "gurus" using actors - they are all using exaggerated claims to try to separate newbies from their money:

      Market Samurai: Download Your FREE Copy of Market Samurai and Laser-Target High-Traffic, High-Profit, Low-Competition Markets With Devastating Accuracy [bullshit]

      Micro Niche Finder: Discover how to uncover the hot niche markets everyone else is missing by a mile ...and no, you don't need any prior experience or expertise. The truth is, if you can follow directions, then you can achieve real results. ["no prior experience" - yeah, I think I read that on 79 sales pages for CB products]

      Wordtracker: Reveal high-performing keywords in minutes. [Minutes, eh? Cheers Wordtracker. {BS}]

      This over-egged bullshit makes me sick. They are just being greedy and preying on unsophisticated marketers.

      I have owned most of the KW research software around. Now I use none of it.

      I do it for free. I made a video about exactly how I do it - using two Google searches. It's free and it's called my "How to keyword research" method.

      Now, I'm all for making money - I really am! But I don't like any hint of scamming internet marketers. It's too easy. It f*cks with your reputation. And it's just not right.

      So learn how to do KW research by hand - using my method if you like - then if you need a tool for something extra think about buying it then. But you don't need those over-blown tools.

      Any questions, ask on my blog where the free video is

      Malc
      Signature

      You WILL banish # Procrastination, # Email bloat, # Wasting time, # Wasting money
      Getting Things Done PLUS Evernote turned my life around - read here how I do it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8433506].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eproc
        Wise words Malc. Everyone needs to hear this from time to time.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8433748].message }}

Trending Topics