Backlinks Over Onsite SEO?

13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi Fellow Warriors,

I have a client who wants to rank in google organically.

I don't want to mess with his site too much so onsite SEO is not really an option.

Can I get his website ranked on front of google just by building backlinks to his inner pages or?
#backlinks #onsite #seo
  • Profile picture of the author Bambinos
    Yes it can still work but it requires alot more effort. If you have proper on-page SEO done, the backlinkings doesn't need to be too much. It also depends on the competition of your niche/keyword.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smileverse
    If you combine on-page and off-page SEO effectively, it will be more easier to rank your keyword to a good position.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267447].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author patco
      Originally Posted by smileverse View Post

      If you combine on-page and off-page SEO effectively, it will be more easier to rank your keyword to a good position.
      Yes, that's right! It's almost impossible to get on 1st page for a HIGH competitive keyword without proper On-Page SEO! So... it depends on the niche and the keyword he would like his website to rank high!
      Signature

      A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
      Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    Why do you take such clients when you are not willing to "mess" with his site?

    If it's poorly optimized then it takes a lot more backlinks and other signals to get it ranked.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matt Pickstone
      Originally Posted by online only View Post


      If it's poorly optimized then it takes a lot more backlinks and other signals to get it ranked.
      Can you please specify what other signals may help.

      Thanks,
      Matt
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267623].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MP80
        Originally Posted by Matt Pickstone View Post

        Can you please specify what other signals may help.

        Thanks,
        Matt
        1) Social Signals - shares on twitter, facebook, etc. At the very least, your client should have something installed to make his/her content easy to share on social media.

        2) Time spent on site - Even without analytics, google will be aware if someone visits the page from their search engine and then immediately clicks back. So he needs to have quality/interesting content.

        3) Privacy, About Us, Disclaimer, Contact pages (etc) The site needs to look/be legit.

        4) Page Loading time - there are free cache plugins available to improve this.

        5) Sitemap - make sure you have sitemap plugins installed and working properly.

        These are just a few things off the top of my head, and I don't know how relevant they are when it comes to flash websites. The extent of my 'knowledge' when it comes to FWs is that they are visually superior, but generally SEO-unfriendly and slow-loading.

        EDIT:

        This might also help: Adobe Community: Flash website SEO??
        Signature
        Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8359902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    SEO like Rome can not be learnt in one day.

    If you are using your clients as sites and resources
    as a learning ground then I foresee doom.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267513].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matt Pickstone
      Originally Posted by johnben1444 View Post

      SEO like Rome can not be learnt in one day.

      If you are using your clients as sites and resources
      as a learning ground then I foresee doom.

      I'm not using my clients as a learning ground im simply asking the question if it can be done.

      In order to make his site onsite SEO firendly i will have to redesign it in html or wordpress as his site is in flash and redesigning is something he does not want to do.

      The question was simply is there any techniques i can do to boost rankings without any onsite optimization.

      If not this is fine I will probably say i can't improve rankings without fiddling. But if so would be great to hear about the techniques.

      Thanks in advance
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8267617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Matt Pickstone View Post

    Hi Fellow Warriors,

    I have a client who wants to rank in google organically.

    I don't want to mess with his site too much so onsite SEO is not really an option.

    Can I get his website ranked on front of google just by building backlinks to his inner pages or?
    Sure you can rank pages with 100% external links, but it's defiantly more work than ranking a single internal page with external links & then piggybacking off that ranked internal page when trying to rank additional internal pages.

    Internal links go a long ways once you have external links ranking at least one page.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8269808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Sure you can rank pages with 100% external links, but it's defiantly more work than ranking a single internal page with external links & then piggybacking off that ranked internal page when trying to rank additional internal pages.

      Internal links go a long ways once you have external links ranking at least one page.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8270258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hrkjds
    On Page SEO is must before doing back link creation. Off page need patience and efforts and this can minimize by doing on page seo properly. So if you want to save your time, then you have to mess with his onsite work..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8360071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hansons
    On-page SEO is must but if it is not done properly then you have to make effort in link building so that you would cover it.
    Signature

    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8360143].message }}

Trending Topics