value of PR0 backlink?

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have a handful of domains that I made years ago and didnt do anything with...age must be a big factor because a lot of them are now a PR0. I know PR0 is technically a rank but is it better than a PR n/a at any significance?
#backlink #pr0
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Acharyaa
    Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

    I have a handful of domains that I made years ago and didnt do anything with...age must be a big factor because a lot of them are now a PR0. I know PR0 is technically a rank but is it better than a PR n/a at any significance?
    As far as i know PR N/A are assigned to those sites that are yet to be indexed. Once the page is indexed its a PR 0(after the next algo update of course!). Age has nothing do with it if the site/domain has no backlinks whatsoever. so i'd say its pretty much worthless.

    EDIT:: I could be wrong. :p
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438143].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      PRn/a can be indexed & cached.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438157].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ben Acharyaa
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        PRn/a can be indexed & cached.
        Thanks yuke, for the clarification, but will it still be PR n/a after the next PR algo update? well i've noticed a new site is normally pr n/a. even after its indexed, google pr toolbar shows its pr n/a until the next algo update. The next time its usually PR 0. it could mean the PR is something in between 0 and 1. it could be 0.6 for example but google pr toolbar will still show 0. it doesnt mean its a PR 0 coz its indexed but there're no backlinks at all to make it PR 1. well i could be wrong, i'm no expert in this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438199].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Ben Acharyaa View Post

          Thanks yuke, for the clarification, but will it still be PR n/a after the next PR algo update? well i've noticed a new site is normally pr n/a. even after its indexed, google pr toolbar shows its pr n/a until the next algo update. The next time its usually PR 0. it could mean the PR is something in between 0 and 1. it could be 0.6 for example but google pr toolbar will still show 0. it doesnt mean its a PR 0 coz its indexed but there're no backlinks at all to make it PR 1. well i could be wrong, i'm no expert in this.
          Here's a random 1 year old page, indexed & cached, still PRn/a. Most sites will usually have similar pages that get buried & few links.

          Bounce rate for my PPC campaigns





          Here's a PRn/a from 2008, lol.

          What is the ONE link you would get..
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

    I have a handful of domains that I made years ago and didnt do anything with...age must be a big factor because a lot of them are now a PR0. I know PR0 is technically a rank but is it better than a PR n/a at any significance?
    Something most people don't realize is that PageRank, although named after Larry Page, also means the rank of the page. So a link from a PR0 would pass some link juice yes, but putting it on a new page that is unranked would not...unless of course it had linkjuice passed from some other place etc...

    Getting a link from a PR0 page to your website is actually greater than a PR unranked page link from a PR10 website, because the page actually has some juice.

    Whether or not that link would actually help you make money depends on all sorts of factors other than just a simple link though, if your going to link, try and optimize it.

    Another way might be to just 301 them to your new website, and pass the pagerank that way.
    Signature

    If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    N/A can mean a lot of things.

    Probably no current link indexed. If that's the case a little quality SEO can bring back the PR.

    Selling it that way or using it won't be of any value.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
    ok so PR0 links have SOME link juice however small. cool that's all I needed to know.
    Signature
    A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

    CLICK HERE! LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrischiang
    I think now DA and Trust Flow of a domain are as important as the PR of the domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439611].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      You people need a math lesson. PR scale is really a log scale,
      give or take, with tweaks. Any page indexed must have a starting
      point. PR n/a just means no update yet. In reality, all indexed
      pages will have PR0. That's the starting point. It does not mean
      it has zero PageRank. Log (1) = 0 because anything to the zero
      power is 1.

      In theory, when google started, all pages indexed had PR0.
      But , using the algo, many sites jumped instantaneously
      to PR1, 2, 4, 5 and so on, based soley on those first PR0 links.
      The sheer number and quality of the PR0 links sent sites to PR1,
      then PR2, and all the way up.

      You do not need a higher PR link to raise your PR. If this were true,
      then no site would ever rise. But as you move up, because it is a log
      scale, you need a ton more as you move up Remember, it's a log
      scale tweaked.

      Just like earthquakes. A earthquake with magnitutude 8 to a 5 is not higher by 3,
      but literally thousands of times more powerful. Like sound. To get
      twice as loud, you need ten times the power.

      So the higher the PR of the link, the less of those you need.

      How does a site get to PR10? With a PR11 link? Of course not.

      Google has tosed other stuff into the calculation, as well as lowering
      your PR for selling or buying links.

      In short, a PR0 has value. It passes PR. Not anywhere close to a PR7.

      And any page that is indexed should have a PR0, theoretically, if updated.
      That is the lowest PR available, but again, it does not mean PR = nothing.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439877].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        You people need a math lesson. PR scale is really a log scale,
        give or take, with tweaks. Any page indexed must have a starting
        point. PR n/a just means no update yet. In reality, all indexed
        pages will have PR0. That's the starting point. It does not mean
        it has zero PageRank. Log (1) = 0 because anything to the zero
        power is 1.

        In theory, when google started, all pages indexed had PR0.
        But , using the algo, many sites jumped instantaneously
        to PR1, 2, 4, 5 and so on, based soley on those first PR0 links.
        The sheer number and quality of the PR0 links sent sites to PR1,
        then PR2, and all the way up.

        You do not need a higher PR link to raise your PR. If this were true,
        then no site would ever rise. But as you move up, because it is a log
        scale, you need a ton more as you move up Remember, it's a log
        scale tweaked.

        Just like earthquakes. A earthquake with magnitutude 8 to a 5 is not higher by 3,
        but literally thousands of times more powerful. Like sound. To get
        twice as loud, you need ten times the power.

        So the higher the PR of the link, the less of those you need.

        How does a site get to PR10? With a PR11 link? Of course not.

        Google has tosed other stuff into the calculation, as well as lowering
        your PR for selling or buying links.

        In short, a PR0 has value. It passes PR. Not anywhere close to a PR7.

        And any page that is indexed should have a PR0, theoretically, if updated.
        That is the lowest PR available, but again, it does not mean PR = nothing.

        Paul
        great explanation on PR!
        Signature
        A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

        CLICK HERE! LOL
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440373].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author A S M
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        You people need a math lesson. PR scale is really a log scale,
        give or take, with tweaks. Any page indexed must have a starting
        point. PR n/a just means no update yet. In reality, all indexed
        pages will have PR0. That's the starting point. It does not mean
        it has zero PageRank. Log (1) = 0 because anything to the zero
        power is 1.

        In theory, when google started, all pages indexed had PR0.
        But , using the algo, many sites jumped instantaneously
        to PR1, 2, 4, 5 and so on, based soley on those first PR0 links.
        The sheer number and quality of the PR0 links sent sites to PR1,
        then PR2, and all the way up.

        You do not need a higher PR link to raise your PR. If this were true,
        then no site would ever rise. But as you move up, because it is a log
        scale, you need a ton more as you move up Remember, it's a log
        scale tweaked.

        Just like earthquakes. A earthquake with magnitutude 8 to a 5 is not higher by 3,
        but literally thousands of times more powerful. Like sound. To get
        twice as loud, you need ten times the power.

        So the higher the PR of the link, the less of those you need.

        How does a site get to PR10? With a PR11 link? Of course not.

        Google has tosed other stuff into the calculation, as well as lowering
        your PR for selling or buying links.

        In short, a PR0 has value. It passes PR. Not anywhere close to a PR7.

        And any page that is indexed should have a PR0, theoretically, if updated.
        That is the lowest PR available, but again, it does not mean PR = nothing.

        Paul

        thats like wikipedia on steroids man .. amazing explanation there
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440384].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ben Acharyaa
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        You people need a math lesson. PR scale is really a log scale,
        give or take, with tweaks. Any page indexed must have a starting
        point. PR n/a just means no update yet. In reality, all indexed
        pages will have PR0. That's the starting point. It does not mean
        it has zero PageRank. Log (1) = 0 because anything to the zero
        power is 1.

        l
        I thought the same paul but turns out there are pages that are indexed, passed plenty of algo updates and still PRn/a. :confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441305].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulgl
          Because there are tweaks. One of the biggest thing about PR, is a page's
          chance of being visited by a random person. Most pages published on the
          web are published for a reason. That is, people want them to be seen.
          I don't know what the percentage is, but it's probably very high for almost
          every page that is created for some real, tangible purpose. Either that or
          someone builds backlinks.

          So, getting back to that random thing. There are pages that google will
          index, but the tweak says that the chances of anyone randomly getting to
          it, are indeed, zero. So you get PR n/a. And that won't ever change.

          Google's index is huge. But not all all pages will ever get a visitor.

          It's like something infinitely small. If you cut a piece of paper in half,
          then half a piece, then half that piece, the limit of the size of the piece
          as the number of cuts goes to infinity is zero. But you never get there.
          But eventually those pieces will be so small, they are insignificant.
          Basically nonexistent. Just like those PR n/a pages.

          Those PR n/a sites can be in limbo. Not in, not out. Any page worth its
          salt will eventually be PR0 or above.

          So I suppose we can come up with another analogy to PR n/a. How significant
          is tossing a spoonful of salt into the ocean? That's what a forever PR n/a site
          would essentially be to the web.

          Plus, google has added a subtraction of PR to the calculation. What are you going
          to subtract from a PR0 site?

          I don't think there is any way of telling what the true PR of a page is anyway.
          Until google comes out with its own checker, the rest are just guesses. Google
          will never come out with its own checker.

          Paul
          Signature

          If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441380].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PBScott
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        How does a site get to PR10? With a PR11 link? Of course not.
        This is because PR works on a competitive placement, not a scale, only the top site is PR10 (Google), and all others go below it.

        This is the same reason why a website with the exact same back links since last update an move down a pagerank with an update, it is not that they lost links or linkjuice, it is just that other websites moved up, which caused them to move down a notch.

        Also I am sure most of you know this already, but the simple 1-10 that Google shows you is an extreme layman gauge of real pagerank, which is a massive ranking system.

        A PR0 link does not have much value, but it does have some. If you really wanted to give it some value then spend some time doing some SEO to the page so it becomes relevant and might even attract some traffic that will click on your link. Add something of value to the page as well and it might even earn some backlinks.

        Honestly as someone mentioned above a PR0 link is almost useless by itself. 1000 PR0 links might not even make a difference in your traffic, so long as your website has some PR already.
        Signature

        If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8454134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I've already posted a couple of old PRn/a link examples, I can post a bazillion more but I'll have to start charging for my time.

    Just because a page is old has nothing to do with PR (already proven).
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440488].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I've already posted a couple of old PRn/a link examples, I can post a bazillion more but I'll have to start charging for my time.

      Just because a page is old has nothing to do with PR (already proven).
      that's the thing. I bought these domains a while back (5-6 years ago) and did ZIP with them. It's when I first got into the whole IM game and didnt really know what I was doing.

      Reason I was checking up on these domains is because I still pay the reg fee every year and decided to stop wasting money, clean house and let a bunch of them expire at this point. I wasnt even going to check PR. I was going to check things like G trends for keyword usage and see if I could do something with them.

      Only thing I can think of is type in traffic because of keywords in them and they are parked. no backinking. no social media. nothing.I don't even see how G picked them up..I haven't made a dime with them parked.
      Signature
      A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

      CLICK HERE! LOL
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440558].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

        that's the thing. I bought these domains a while back (5-6 years ago) and did ZIP with them. It's when I first got into the whole IM game and didnt really know what I was doing.

        Reason I was checking up on these domains is because I still pay the reg fee every year and decided to stop wasting money, clean house and let a bunch of them expire at this point. I wasnt even going to check PR. I was going to check things like G trends for keyword usage and see if I could do something with them.

        Only thing I can think of is type in traffic because of keywords in them and they are parked. no backinking. no social media. nothing.I don't even see how G picked them up..I haven't made a dime with them parked.
        No offense but PR0 isn't much & isn't that difficult to achieve, even by accident.

        A bunch of low quality downstream links could easily cause a PR0. There's plenty of statistic type sites that could have caused a PR0, you don't necessarily have to be the one creating the links/pages on other domains.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441368].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          There's plenty of statistic type sites that could have caused a PR0, you don't necessarily have to be the one creating the links/pages on other domains.
          oh yeah thats a good point. would you say they're at least worth the reg fee or let them drop?
          Signature
          A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

          CLICK HERE! LOL
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441898].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

            oh yeah thats a good point. would you say they're at least worth the reg fee or let them drop?
            IMO drop them unless you can build out the site & build decent backlinks to the site/s pages.

            Nobody will buy a PR0 just because it's higher than PRn/a, everybody can get those without even trying.

            There's a difference between some small site that has no authority & established sites (ex: CNN, Forbes, etc...). Large established sites tend to crank out a lot of pages, so they'll have a bunch of PRn/a or PR0 pages (as far as we can see) but that doesn't mean those are actually PRn/a or PR0 pages, there's a chance PR hasn't been updated for the public to see, where Google could have still updated the PR.
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bob33229
    Seems a few people know here math also.
    Signature

    List of FREE and Legit Survey Sites
    https://www.makemoneytakingsurveys.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webdevpro
    In simple maths, anything that itself has a 0 value may not provide any advantages to anything linked to it (.. if it just limited to math topics..)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441347].message }}

Trending Topics