Backlink checker for Google Spreadsheets?

by Traste
6 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

I'd love to find a way to properly check whether my backlinks are live. I found some kind of way, but it's not perfect:

=ImportXML(B4; "//a[contains(@href, 'pagetobefound.com')]/text()")

B4 is the cell containing the URL where the backlink is supposed to be. This function shows the anchor text for the backlink, but it has 2 problems:

1. If there's more than one backink, the cell underneath is also written, messing up the layout

2. It doesn't alway work as expected. Some words are split and shown in other cells.

Any other way? Thanks
#backlink #checker #google #spreadsheets
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Buy SEO SpyGlass. Import your links into there. Then let it check.
    Signature
    Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
    Delivered to you each week!

    >>> Sign Up Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438943].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Traste
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Buy SEO SpyGlass. Import your links into there. Then let it check.
      Thank you, but that's not what I need. I do own a SEO Powersuite license, but we're sharing a Google spreadsheet and a cloud solution is what works for us right now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438971].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by Traste View Post

        Thank you, but that's not what I need. I do own a SEO Powersuite license, but we're sharing a Google spreadsheet and a cloud solution is what works for us right now.
        You can export the results back out to a spreadsheet.
        Signature
        Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
        Delivered to you each week!

        >>> Sign Up Now <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439048].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Traste
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          You can export the results back out to a spreadsheet.
          Seriously, I appreciate you're trying to help, but this thread is not about that kind of applications. I need a formula for Google Spreadsheet, that's all.

          Thank you
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439070].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by Traste View Post

            Seriously, I appreciate you're trying to help, but this thread is not about that kind of applications. I need a formula for Google Spreadsheet, that's all.

            Thank you

            Then change the title of this thread because I don't know how in tarnations you expect Google spreadsheet to check your baclinks
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439143].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Traste
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              Then change the title of this thread because I don't know how in tarnations you expect Google spreadsheet to check your baclinks
              Well, the title is pretty self-explanatory: Backlink checker for Google Spreadsheets

              And it can be done. Right now, I have a column with the sites containing the backlinks and the formula in the first post checks the anchor text. If found, I get the anchor text in next cell, if not, I see a red flag.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439153].message }}

Trending Topics