Which Of These Methods Would Be Best For Trying To Sell Your Own Product?

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Im going to use PPC/Media buys for promoting my own product. Which of these would be the best:

1. Straight To Sales Page
2. To Squeeze Page Then promote product through emails To Sales Page
3. To Authority site where product is promoted on there
4. To Squeeze Page then product is promoted by authority site
5. To authority site where product is promoted on there with opt in as well to promote if they dont buy first time.
I have never done this before and just wondering which would be the best plan of attack. I want to hear from people who are successful with any of these methods or have tried and have found one better than the other.
#methods #product #sell
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Not enough information to go on...

    What are the traffic sources? What do they see before arriving at any of the above?

    Is this an impulse purchase? Where are prospects in the buying cycle?

    What's the price point? Payment options?

    There are so many variables that all influence each other that just picking a number from your list would not be serving you.

    That said, be prepared for a lot of one-line answers with five-line sigs to plug. And a lot of people touting their particular 'hammer' (my late grandfather always used to say "give a kid a hammer and the whole world looks like a nail" ).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      Not enough information to go on...

      What are the traffic sources? What do they see before arriving at any of the above?

      Is this an impulse purchase? Where are prospects in the buying cycle?

      What's the price point? Payment options?

      There are so many variables that all influence each other that just picking a number from your list would not be serving you.

      That said, be prepared for a lot of one-line answers with five-line sigs to plug. And a lot of people touting their particular 'hammer' (my late grandfather always used to say "give a kid a hammer and the whole world looks like a nail" ).
      I plan on doing banners with media buys. It will be a CB weight loss product. priced at $47-$67...havent decided yet on that one...leaning towards $47.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterkailo
    Not much info here but I would use a squeeze page to capture email regardless
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519682].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
      Originally Posted by misterkailo View Post

      Not much info here but I would use a squeeze page to capture email regardless
      Just worried about that new filter in gmail messing things up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Number 2
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I would test #1 first. Odds are If traffic isn't interested in your sales page now, they won't be interested in the same sales page after an email optin.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I would test #1 first. Odds are If traffic isn't interested in your sales page now, they won't be interested in the same sales page after an email optin.
      This is the most simple solution...I was just thinking if having the product on an authority site would be of any benefit...maybe give it more credibility?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bent SEO
    I'd do #1 or come up with a new one - Create an authority blog, give out lots of high quality information and then drive opt ins later, not sure if this is what you mean in #5 but building up an authority blog can really set you in the right place to turn those visitors into long term customers, not just buyers who purchase once.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    I would go with email marketing, it's the best way to do it. build a list of people first and then promote it. When people subscribe to your list, you also make a list go bigger and the possibilites of sales itself increases,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8521153].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      You may want to consider a dual approach. Split your traffic and send half to a straight sales page and half to an email capture of some flavor.

      Normally, I'm a "get them on a list" kind of guy, but when you mentioned Clickbank, I am assuming you want affiliates to makes sales for you in addtion to your own efforts.

      Having a straight sales page lets you do two things while you build your house list.

      1) It lets you build some conversion numbers. I know that I'd be more inclined to promote a product if the owner could legitimately tell me their conversion rate on cold traffic.

      2) The subject of affiliates' reaction to opt-ins on Clickbank offers has been debated here many times. Almost all of the serious affiliates, the ones you really, really want, will bypass a product that offers an opt-in on the landing page. While you may be pure as the driven snow, there's enough history of vendors using lists for shenanigans to cheat affiliates out of commissions that many super affiliates don't trust them.

      It's kind of like what Ben Franklin is quoted as saying...

      "A cat that sits on a hot stove once will never do it again; nor will she ever sit on a cold one."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8522574].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        You may want to consider a dual approach. Split your traffic and send half to a straight sales page and half to an email capture of some flavor.

        Normally, I'm a "get them on a list" kind of guy, but when you mentioned Clickbank, I am assuming you want affiliates to makes sales for you in addtion to your own efforts.

        Having a straight sales page lets you do two things while you build your house list.

        1) It lets you build some conversion numbers. I know that I'd be more inclined to promote a product if the owner could legitimately tell me their conversion rate on cold traffic.

        2) The subject of affiliates' reaction to opt-ins on Clickbank offers has been debated here many times. Almost all of the serious affiliates, the ones you really, really want, will bypass a product that offers an opt-in on the landing page. While you may be pure as the driven snow, there's enough history of vendors using lists for shenanigans to cheat affiliates out of commissions that many super affiliates don't trust them.

        It's kind of like what Ben Franklin is quoted as saying...

        "A cat that sits on a hot stove once will never do it again; nor will she ever sit on a cold one."
        I will probably try to drive traffic to both and see what happens. I do not plan on putting an opt in on the CB sales page as I know affiliates dont like it. I just want to be able to focus on selling my own product as well incase I dont get alot of affiliates on board.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eman2011
    In my opinion squeeze page. Once you have their emails you can promote your affiliate products again and again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PROmotions LLC
    Straight to sales page, if you get the click, and the Sales Page offers what your Ad Copy stated, then I don't see any other reason not to go with it. Putting it on your own website gives you total control of the visitor experience.
    Signature

    Signature!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8524381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ITmarck
    There isn't a sure reply.

    I have seen website double profit by changing "squeeze hompage" to "sales on homepage". And others stop making sales after that change and vice versa.

    To be sure you need to test, it's the only real confirm. All other are theories.
    Signature

    Want to invest on Italian Market? We are an Italian Internet Marketing Agency! Find us on www.emarketmedia.net

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525341].message }}

Trending Topics