Ranking well in Google.com but not Google.co.uk, any reasons?

17 replies
  • SEO
  • |
A niche site of mine is ranking in the top 5 pages for all the home page keywords in Google.com but in Google.co.uk it's not ranking within the top 10 at all.

I have blog posts which are on page 1,2,3,4,5 in Google.co.uk but why is the home page not ranking?

Competiton in the top 10 is not difficult either, so I don't know why the site isn't ranking.

Although, recently I did find many rankings in Google.com for the home page keywords jumping in and out of the top 10 results. Now, most of the home page keywords are doing very well in the top 4 pages and seem to have settled.

The site is only 2-3 months old and I know it will take time to rank but I would have thought the home page would have been ranking for my main home page keywords by now.

The site is well indexed in Google.com and co.uk, so not sure what happening. All content is 100% unique and well written too.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
#googlecom #googlecouk #ranking #reasons
  • Profile picture of the author zenichanin
    Is the content relevant for the UK audience?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
      Originally Posted by zenichanin View Post

      Is the content relevant for the UK audience?
      Yes, the UK is my target market, I have just went into my webmasters area and set the UK as my target too.
      Signature
      Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523125].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        They are for all kinds of reasons seperate search engines. regional results are based on

        location of server/tld or reference in webmaster tools
        location of incoming links
        no doubt some related terms -mostly geographic in nature

        These no reason why you should rank equally in .com and .co.uk
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webdevpro
    Had you tried querying using some UK based IPs (if you are out of UK) as the result usually vary based on the Geo regions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
      Originally Posted by webdevpro View Post

      Had you tried querying using some UK based IPs (if you are out of UK) as the result usually vary based on the Geo regions.
      Yeah, I have been using a keyword rank tool which checks different countries. It just doesn't seem right and I have never had this problem before. It should be ranking in the top 10 because the content is good and it ranks everywhere else but my main target.
      Signature
      Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
    Is it a business/place?

    If so, have you added your site to Google Places/pages? We saw a dramatic change in rankings for .co.uk when we connected our website to Google Places. You could help geolocation by connecting your Google plus account (if you're in the UK) to the website via the Google Authorship setup.
    Signature

    My name is Justin Lewis. My digital marketing company has been in business for over 10 years with multiple six-figure years. We do provide a premium web design service.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8523833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
      Originally Posted by Justin Says View Post

      Is it a business/place?

      If so, have you added your site to Google Places/pages? We saw a dramatic change in rankings for .co.uk when we connected our website to Google Places. You could help geolocation by connecting your Google plus account (if you're in the UK) to the website via the Google Authorship setup.
      I have just signed up and activated my email. Is that all I had to do?

      Thanks
      Signature
      Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8524023].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
        Originally Posted by larryboy03 View Post

        I have just signed up and activated my email. Is that all I had to do?

        Thanks
        Have you setup Google Authorship or Google Places?

        Sorry you didn't really explain what you signed up for and activated.
        Signature

        My name is Justin Lewis. My digital marketing company has been in business for over 10 years with multiple six-figure years. We do provide a premium web design service.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8524726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
    Iv found the site ranking in other countries as well. I have just went through Google.co.uk results to find my url ranking for its keywords and its no where to be found.

    Any suggestions?
    Signature
    Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8524082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jonnyhardbaked
    Have you find resources in UK that somehow you can use in optimizing your client? e.g. guest blog, citation sites, local listings, etc.

    If not, you should start finding then.
    Signature

    Acquire an unlimited access to over 2,000 eBooks with unlimited Downloads and resale rights for only $55! Join me now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Henney
    Try doing some links on .co.uk sites, I've noticed that geolocalization of domains alone, does make a difference
    Signature

    One giant leap of awesomness

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abs007
      Thats a strange one -

      I would give it a little time, from the sounds of it you have done all you can to set your targeted geo location -

      If it's showing high in google.com and your site is only a few months old then it might need a little time to settle down - once it does then I wouldn't be surprised if it shoots to page 1 in google.co.uk
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525443].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
        Originally Posted by abs007 View Post

        Thats a strange one -

        I would give it a little time, from the sounds of it you have done all you can to set your targeted geo location -

        If it's showing high in google.com and your site is only a few months old then it might need a little time to settle down - once it does then I wouldn't be surprised if it shoots to page 1 in google.co.uk
        Hey, yeah, well its doing very well in other locations like Google.ca and so on. It's just very strange, the UK is my target market, so it's a bit of a pain.

        It's weird how I couldnt find it in the results at all but I found it for 2 keywords yesterday which I am not targeting but there ranking page 1 spot 1.

        These keywords have no searches but it's a good sign I guess because it shows it's indexed properly. Just weird how the home page wont rank for the keywords I'm targeting. I always check competition too and theirs not much.

        Iv made a few sites in the past and ranked them 1 spot but never had this before.
        Signature
        Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheLooper
    Actually, i have seen this before. Not with .co.uk, but with another location. Site ranked really well for several main keywords, but not in local results.

    For me the culprit was the server where my site was hosted. Maybe it´s a glitch or maybe it isn´t, we never know. But what is important is that i kept adding links and suddenly my site appeared in local results.

    My advice - keep doing SEO and wait or if it´s not working, try to move your site´s geo location.

    -Regards-
    Signature
    Hey fellow WarriorForum member!!!

    Looking for a reliable SEO strategy that has been around for ages and hasn´t been affected by Google algorithm changes?
    ---Check it out now and ask for WF special---
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525828].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
      Originally Posted by TheLooper View Post

      Actually, i have seen this before. Not with .co.uk, but with another location. Site ranked really well for several main keywords, but not in local results.

      For me the culprit was the server where my site was hosted. Maybe it´s a glitch or maybe it isn´t, we never know. But what is important is that i kept adding links and suddenly my site appeared in local results.

      My advice - keep doing SEO and wait or if it´s not working, try to move your site´s geo location.

      -Regards-
      I see, the site is hosted in the USA, but yesterday I went into webmasters and set the United Kingdom as my target. I have been slowly creating high pr links with a good anchor diversity too.
      Signature
      Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hossain
    larryboy03 See what Mike said. There can be several reasons you are not ranking high on local Google. I can add some more. But the first solution is wait for next few weeks or even a month. Google takes time to crawl and index backlinks. So first of all be patient. But if it is already done then here is the solution.

    Solution: Submit the website into UK local listing directories. It would work for sure. But if not then get another domain with ".uk" TLD. Then build some backlinks to it. Redirect the domain to your current one. It should work.

    If not then PM me. I would recommend you alternative ways.

    Hope that helps.
    Signature

    --- Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you! Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you --- '(◣_◢)'

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525895].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
      Originally Posted by Hossain View Post

      larryboy03 See what Mike said. There can be several reasons you are not ranking high on local Google. I can add some more. But the first solution is wait for next few weeks or even a month. Google takes time to crawl and index backlinks. So first of all be patient. But if it is already done then here is the solution.

      Solution: Submit the website into UK local listing directories. It would work for sure. But if not then get another domain with ".uk" TLD. Then build some backlinks to it. Redirect the domain to your current one. It should work.

      If not then PM me. I would recommend you alternative ways.

      Hope that helps.
      Sound mate, thanks for the advice!
      Signature
      Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8525923].message }}

Trending Topics