On the other hand, I really like the idea of using the company and/or product name in your Domain Name and/or as Key Words in/on my site.
Anyway, I'm wondering which of the following strategies might work best, given my concerns:
1) Use the company/product names in my DN and if they find out and tell me to stop using that DN, I'll just recreate the site with another DN.
* But, won't I lose any/all SEO, page-ranking, etc that I might have built up over the months or years before they catch up with me? Or does that some how automatically transfer over to the new site (or actually,, the same site with a different DN ... if it can be considered the "same").
2) Build the site with another DN from the git-go and use the DN with the company/product names to redirect to my real site with the other name.
* But will I have much luck in my "redirecting" DN (the one with the company/product names) being found by Google or the person searching for those KWs (company/product names), if the DN containing them is not associated with a real site with content, etc. but rather just redirects to my "real" site (the one with the other, non-company/non-product names in the URL)?
* Does it matter - in terms of being found by Google/people searching for the KWs of the company/product names - if the redirecting DN (with those KWs) redirects to my "real" site and that real site is well-ranked (for similar KWs, but not specifically the company/product names)?