I made Seo 2013 Check list for writers, so i think its good to share with you:
Seo 2013 Check list for writers:
Remember: Content is King
But SEO is Queen
1) Choose keyword for your article: if its new topic – try to think what searcher will search when he try to know more.If its old topic – you can use the "adwords keywords suggestion tool" – to choose what keyword to target.
2) Title - Put the keyword in the title – the more in the beginning – the better (again don’t forget the reader)
3) Title - Try to make you title no more than - 65 characters
4) Title – try yo make each title to be unique then other title in the site.
6) H1, H2 - Put the Keyword in H1, H2 – but don’t forget the reader.
7) Images- Add alt tags and title with your Keyword in all of your images
8) Images - For image links, the alt attribute serves as anchor text – sample:
<a href="http://www.example.com/webpage.html"><img src="img/keyword.jpg" alt="keyword" width="100" height="100"></a>
9) Meta description - Try to make your meta description tags no more ~155 characters (Google not read more then 155)
10) Meta description - Well written descriptions influence High click-through rate – that make Google love your article.
11) Interlinking- Interlink your related post, make sure your link contains keyword. Don’t link too deep and same keywords more than two times.
12) Call to action - If the article is about help someone, – its good to end the article with "call to action" – to share, spread this article in all social media they have, and give the reason why it is so important.
13) Keyword density – between 2%-4% (Keyword density = Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page)
14) Video- If you have relevant video to your article it very helpful to add relevant video to your article – its help readers and also help Google to see that users stay in your site more time – then the articles get better ranking in Google listing.
15) Tags – for adding tag – go to "adwords keywords suggestion tool" and find more relevant tags to your main keywords.