Bit confused with google Indexing

12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Everyone,

Two days back I started a blog with a domain which I purchased six months back. I created the blog using wordpress platform, with generic plugins.

Submitted my blog to Google and Bing "Web Master Tools"

Google indexed it partially but with all the tags which give out absurd snippet below the link

Blog: hxxp://www.seocontent.in

Google site search: site:seocontent.in


Also I scanned my pages with hxxp://www.siteliner.com and it show me internal Duplicate content.

Now if I am using canonical URL by "All in one SEO" should I be worrying about internal duplicate content.


Details of software used:
- wordpress 3.7.1

PLUGINS
All in one SEO
All in one Firewall and security
JetPack
w3c cache
wp clean
wp navi
breadcrums
addthis
smush.it
Google xml sitemap

Please let me know if something is wrong, as this is my first attempt at wordpress and blogging.

Regards
Alex
#bit #confused #google #indexing
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    If your blog is only two days old . . . don't worry about anything just yet.

    Your main thought should be adding high quality, relevant content on a consistent basis.

    SEO is something that too many newcomers fret about. Lots of Warriors will tell you how important it is . . . but to be honest, you can do very little SEO and still rank highly in Google if you will create lots of relevant keyword original content and draw lots of prospects to your site.

    It will take the big G some time to index all your pages, probably weeks rather than days.

    Good luck,

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shariarkhabir179
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      If your blog is only two days old . . . don't worry about anything just yet.

      Your main thought should be adding high quality, relevant content on a consistent basis.

      SEO is something that too many newcomers fret about. Lots of Warriors will tell you how important it is . . . but to be honest, you can do very little SEO and still rank highly in Google if you will create lots of relevant keyword original content and draw lots of prospects to your site.

      It will take the big G some time to index all your pages, probably weeks rather than days.

      Good luck,

      Steve

      Thanks Steve B for the solutions. I am having the same problem and it will help me to come across the problem hopefully.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705699].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bluefirepro
        This is one mistake I did. I removed the pingomatic rpc from wordpress thinking that I'll use feedshark and forgot to use it.

        Probably will make a new and selected ping list for the purpose. Another thing I want to know if that is it necessary to ping all the google's like I saw in google ping... pinging just google.com wont work.


        Regards
        BF
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705896].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BrianMI
          My recent experience seems to show that pinging isn't as effective anymore. It used to be that I would ping a new post with pingler and it would be indexed within a few hours. Now that isn't the case.

          I don't really know why. Big G doesn't seem to care all that much. My stuff gets indexed on Google's time table. The really weird thing about it is that my site is getting spidered every day, but the blog posts on the first page, the newest ones, get left unindexed for as much as a week while other stuff on the site gets crawled.
          Signature

          I'm a Realtor who is building a website about homes for sale in Plymouth. I don't really sell stuff online.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8707874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluefirepro
    Thanks for the advice Steve.

    But I building this blog around trending new topics and if big G will take weeks to index those topics then it will be of no fun. In this case should I concentrate more on social media marketing.

    Regards
    bf
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705483].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Janice Stacy
      Originally Posted by bluefirepro View Post

      Thanks for the advice Steve.

      But I building this blog around trending new topics and if big G will take weeks to index those topics then it will be of no fun. In this case should I concentrate more on social media marketing.

      Regards
      bf
      In that case, you can ping your new post immediately after posting in your blog through Googleping.com.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Porphyrogenitus
    If there's enough traffic volume coming to your site, G will fully index it faster.

    Don't worry about Google not indexing right away. Focus on driving the traffic to your site, if the traffic really starts coming Google will come too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705495].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sweersz
      When your site is brand new, sometimes it can take a couple months to notice even a slight increase in search engine traffic. I created a site a few months ago and thought Google had blacklisted my domain or something and then I remembered how slow the indexing process was. Patience, my friend.

      Search engines will come, oh yes, they will come! In the meantime, focusing on social media marketing and referrals is an excellent idea.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8705519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    Wordpress, especially with all in one SEO installed is already search engine optimized, you might want to submit your RSS feed url as a site map in Google site maps, and one for your comments also, and then make content and promote it on social media.
    Signature

    If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8707970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bluefirepro
      I am doing little bit of research and optimization everyday. The latest addition I did is adding my blog to Google Feedreader with few optimizations and creating an post update page with Google Blogspot.

      Google can ignore my blog but it certainly cannot ignore its own services.



      Will be posting more stuff..... but will be bit slow as I love to go at my own pace.

      Regards
      Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8708792].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by bluefirepro View Post

        I am doing little bit of research and optimization everyday. The latest addition I did is adding my blog to Google Feedreader with few optimizations and creating an post update page with Google Blogspot.
        Google Reader & Feedburner are completely different things. Google Reader doesn't even exist anymore.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8709099].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bluefirepro
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          Google Reader & Feedburner are completely different things. Google Reader doesn't even exist anymore.

          I am sorry.. its feedburner. Thanks for pointing it out, it completely slipped my mind.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8710254].message }}

Trending Topics