Looking for a long-tail keyword software

25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Looking for particular long-tail keyword software, i forgot the name but i see it in this forum something to do with (Google keyword tool not accurate 2012) a software that use Google keyword tool to define the search volume xpb or something like it. If any can recall the software i appreciate it..
#keyword #longtail #software
  • Profile picture of the author birddog200
    You are looking for long tail pro. hxxp://www.longtailpro.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8729222].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
      Originally Posted by birddog200 View Post

      You are looking for long tail pro. hxxp://www.longtailpro.com
      Great tool. I also suggest über suggest. It's free google it
      Signature

      Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8729277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebalroc
    Its not long tail pro it a software were the searches from google keyword tool it take that and reconfigure the search volume i believe but not its long tail pro thanx..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8729291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author veekay31
    Google suggest is a good way to get long tail keywords. Most of the paid tools anyway use Google keyword planner to pull keywords. Combination of Google keyword planner and Google suggest works well for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8729634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thebalroc
      This long tail software wso feature in 2012 i forgot the name. The wso landing page stated he got more traffic (with pic) after Google keyword tool and his software...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8730272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheProgrammer
    Its impossible to find the right one. Because there are many small and big keyword research tools that were released in 2012.

    Here's few:
    1. Niche Cracker
    2. Long tail pro
    3. Market Samurai
    4. Niche Finder by Brad Callen
    5. Ultimate Niche Finder
    6. Micro Niche Finder
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8731572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andrewkar
    Originally Posted by thebalroc View Post

    Looking for particular long-tail keyword software, i forgot the name but i see it in this forum something to do with (Google keyword tool not accurate 2012) a software that use Google keyword tool to define the search volume xpb or something like it. If any can recall the software i appreciate it..
    Well, in the current SERP state, your Brain is the best tool I think

    Think about "what people may want to type into G to find your s*****" ...
    Signature
    Do what you want to do!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8732692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lewis187
    There is also Keyword Spy which gives search volume and use their own data I believe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8732770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fenice Leonhart
    I think google's very own keyword planner is good enough for the long tail keywords. Most of free/paid tools use it. You don't need to spend a dime for keywords researching.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8733748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackrice
    have you checked keyword researcher
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8734267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebalroc
    Its a software you but in the data you get from Google keyword tool (all numbers) and this particular software use broad xp or exact xp or something in that nature..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8734392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dennis09
    For keyword research I'm using SEMRush, Netpeak Checker and Excel. I used to use LongTail pro but it's been soooooo slow and it always just hangs when grabbing keyword data from Google. Same issue on 2 PC's. Any of you Longtail pro folks experiencing that?
    Signature
    There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8734403].message }}
  • Long tail pro is a good choice. You may also want to check out Traffic Travis (free version) and Affilotools. Both these tools provide a lot of good long tail keywords plus it also provides keywords for your PPC campaign.

    I hope that helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8734674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author forekast
    I just picked up KeywordXtreme from the forums on here the other week and have had some great success with it. I found it in the WSO section from an older thread. That sounds sort of like what you're looking for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      You need 4 things.

      1. Your brain
      2. The index of a real book on your subject
      3. google keyword planner
      4. Excel

      Step 1 - Think about the top 10 things people will search for about your subject (if you can't do this, then you actually need to learn about the subject).

      Step 2 - Use the keyword planner for those 10 searches. Download all 800 results to excel. Combine all those files into one, sort by number of searches, and then take the top 50 that make sense and do the same exercise.

      You'll end up with 25,000 or so keywords up to this point.

      Google a formula that counts the words in a cell. Add this to your spreadsheet and sort then filter the sheet for keywords containing 3 or more words.

      I'm guessing you'll end up with 5,000 or so at this point.

      Start at the top of the list (should still be sorted by number of searches) see which make sense for your site.

      Now - if your actually dedicated this method will tell you more than you can imagine about what people are actually searching for.

      For those that really want to awesome results...

      The index of a real book on your subject is full of nothing but seed keywords. You can literally come up with a database of over a million keywords using the method I laid out here, and the majority of the work is administrative (easily outsourced).

      I've used every keyword tool and I don't care what people say. Your brain and the google tool is all you need. Microsoft excel really helps as well.

      The next step is to figure out how hard the keyword is to rank for. Everyone has their own ideas on that, but I come up with a ranking system and add that to your spreadsheet.

      At the end of the day you'll have more keywords than your site will ever support and your days of doing keyword research will be over.

      Imagine, all you'll have to do is develop content and you can stop wasting time researching what you should already know anyway.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seosoldier
        Originally Posted by packerfan View Post

        You need 4 things.

        1. Your brain
        2. The index of a real book on your subject
        3. google keyword planner
        4. Excel

        Step 1 - Think about the top 10 things people will search for about your subject (if you can't do this, then you actually need to learn about the subject).

        Step 2 - Use the keyword planner for those 10 searches. Download all 800 results to excel. Combine all those files into one, sort by number of searches, and then take the top 50 that make sense and do the same exercise.

        You'll end up with 25,000 or so keywords up to this point.

        Google a formula that counts the words in a cell. Add this to your spreadsheet and sort then filter the sheet for keywords containing 3 or more words.

        I'm guessing you'll end up with 5,000 or so at this point.

        Start at the top of the list (should still be sorted by number of searches) see which make sense for your site.

        Now - if your actually dedicated this method will tell you more than you can imagine about what people are actually searching for.

        For those that really want to awesome results...

        The index of a real book on your subject is full of nothing but seed keywords. You can literally come up with a database of over a million keywords using the method I laid out here, and the majority of the work is administrative (easily outsourced).

        I've used every keyword tool and I don't care what people say. Your brain and the google tool is all you need. Microsoft excel really helps as well.

        The next step is to figure out how hard the keyword is to rank for. Everyone has their own ideas on that, but I come up with a ranking system and add that to your spreadsheet.

        At the end of the day you'll have more keywords than your site will ever support and your days of doing keyword research will be over.

        Imagine, all you'll have to do is develop content and you can stop wasting time researching what you should already know anyway.
        No offense, but I'd kill myself if I had to do keyword research this way!
        Maybe it's best, I don't know; but it's so tedious and time consuming!

        When Ultimate Niche Finder used to work reliably, it was SO fast and easy, and gave me all the info I needed. THEN I'd plug in the 5-6 results that seemed best, into google search, and use SEOBOOK to see what the actual Top 10 results were - in terms of page rank, links, and so on, to determine if it seemed possible to get a Top 10 or Top 5 ranking.

        I've done keyword research the manual way and honestly, it's just too tedious. There's GOT to be a more efficient way!
        Signature
        > My Promise To You: I will never promote any offer I do not truly believe to be 100% worth buying and using!
        https://bestwaterfilter.us
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8738731].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thebalroc
          This software or app i'm looking for stated the google keyword tool isn't accurate. It use Google keyword tool for search volume then you take that keyword and it's search result into the app it use calculation like (exact-broad -phrase) x % numbers and it give you different number, don't know the name but it came out in 2012 i believe...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8766924].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author thebalroc
            Any lists of keyword or niche finder app or software of 2012 on this forum?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8795285].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author whawk57
              WordTracker! It's online only.
              Signature

              Peace!



              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8795327].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author TanM
                Have used Market Samurai & Micro Niche Finder, but prefer Market Samurai out of the two.

                Cheers
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8795487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dead Body
    Niche Cracker is the best..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trackleads
    I haven't had any issues with LTP, it's still my favorite tool!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737010].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seosoldier
      Originally Posted by trackleads View Post

      I haven't had any issues with LTP, it's still my favorite tool!
      I bought LTP a long time ago and finally got it fired up to use yesterday and I don't know, I just found that it gave me TONS of useless keywords that were not even related to my keyword terms.

      For example I typed in "jewelry in candles" and it gave me tons of keywords about jewelry and tons about candles and I didn't want that, I specifically wanted keywords with the words jewelry + candles in them. So to me it was a real waste of time.

      I have heard so many people say it's great so I wonder if there is some trick to getting it to be more specific in it's results?

      Also it's very very slow...

      I used to LOVE Ultimate Niche Finder but ever since Google changed to Keyword Planner it had to be adjusted by the software developer and it has never worked consistently since then, for me. About every other time I go to use it, it hangs or gives me some kind of error so I'm definitely in the market for a new keyword software.

      Used Market Samurai today and jheez, it's just so damned complicated AND slow, AND it hung on me...

      Maybe NO keyword tools work now?

      And I for one HATE "Keyword Planner"! The old GKT was just fine, but using the new one is just a giant pain - very user unfriendly, klunky and as I said, a giant pain to use.

      Looking for other options and am leaning towards finding an ONLINE tool since all these desktop software seem to not be working well any more.

      I tried jaxxy but it seems to not give all the parameters I'd like plus their technical support sucks.

      I checked out one of the other ones that came up in google and it was like $30/month. Can't afford that at this point.

      Any suggestions?

      p.s. Ubersuggest says "We know you are experiencing many errors these days. We need some time to fix the problem, please be patient."

      But if it starts working again does it allow you to put in a specific exact match keyword and get search volumes or is it just a tool for giving you other ideas for related keywords?
      Signature
      > My Promise To You: I will never promote any offer I do not truly believe to be 100% worth buying and using!
      https://bestwaterfilter.us
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8738702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hostdare
    Hittail , wordstream are best tool for longtail keyword
    Signature
    Hostdare Unlimited cPanel SSD hosting | Managed cPanel Dedicated Servers | Dedicated server starting @17 usd/mo
    █ Cpanel/WHM | Not Oversold | Reseller / Managed dedicated Plans Available
    www.hostdare.com Email : sales@hostdare.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8796273].message }}

Trending Topics