The Truth - A must read for beginners

30 replies
  • SEO
  • |
99% of the people here are either:

A: Trying to sell you something
B: Have no idea what they're talking about

I thought I'd post a little about my history on this site and how I've come to discern the good guys from the bad guys.

But before I start - let me just say this... There are very good smart, helpful people on here who are selling stuff. Don't think just because someone has a link in their signature their information is bad. That's not the point of this post.

If you're not a beginner, this really isn't aimed at you but it would be great it you could contribute.

On to the good stuff...

How do you know the guy/gal in the thread has a clue about the topic.

1. Their answers are specific
2. They might be supported by links to other posts
3. They engage in "professional" debate when someone differs with their opinion

And what I think is the most telling...

They have no link in their signature but go out of their way to help people in the thread. They make multiple comments, give specific advice, and just flat out help for no gain of their own.

Someone that comes to mind is Alexa (over in the main forum) and Yukon right here. In general they're not here to promote things. They like being here and just happen to provide great information.

I assure you if you took 4 hours and read as many posts by those 2 people you would know more about "IM" than if you bought 20 WSOs.

By the way there are a lot of people like this, I just happened to pick these folks.

How to spot the bad guys:

1. Their answers are short and vague
2. They only pop into threads that have to do with the service their selling
3. They are asking basic questions about a topic (take SEO) but selling SEO services.

I'm not going to call anyone out here, but if you spend 5 minutes here you'll see many people who fall into this category.

Now the truth about Adsense:

1. Making money with Adsense is hard, and there are better business models

2. However, the entry point for Adsense is low and it IS a great way to start generating revenue so you can grow to bigger and better things.

3. Your pipe dream of making $100/day with it is just that unless you're willing to work your butt off.

How do I know these things? Because I spent a lot of time, and I mean a lot (hundreds of hours) learning and figuring it out. I do make that $100/day but believe me it took so much work I would have been better off working at the gas station for the first year.

What's the point of this other than to brag about my Adsense awesomeness?

You have to be willing to put in a lot of work to be successful generating passive income. And passive is really just a made up pipe dream by people selling stuff.

I'll give you an example - I had a site cruising along making great money (for a 20 page site being monetized solely by adsense). Then Google came out with those silly ads with the colored circles and little arrows. Guess what - my income tanked by 70%.

I've been spending the last few months (or however long its been) trying to get my numbers back to where they were. I'm finally almost there, but it's probably cost me over 100 hours of work. How's that for passive?

Oh, and by the way the theme that I was using wasn't a responsive theme, so I had to take some high earning sites and convert them to a responsive design. The risk involved was enough to make me puke, literally I was so nervous about changing the design.

Again, how's that for passive?

Now I'm going to share how I've been able to be successful.

I don't make millions, I work a full time job still, but I make enough that if I didn't have a high paying full time job I'd do this full time. Make sense? What I'm trying to say is, I'm not going to work in a factory if I lose my day job. I'd spend the 60 hours a week I work there on "IM" and I'd be able to support my family.

Also - I'm not selling anything, I don't plan to sell anything, and this isn't a big lead up to a WSO. I've taught courses in the past with great success. My students actually make money. What I'm giving you is actionable information that if you use it properly you can and will be successful.

First - for the love of all things holy on the the internet, do this for all of us. Find something you're passionate about and ONLY create good content. This is not for SEO purposes, it's because I'm tired of reading the same crap over and over. And finding something you're passionate about will make things so much easier for you.

I have a site with a topic so boring and stupid it make you laugh (not in a good way), but it earns a lot of money so I keep writing articles and creating content. The content is good, but it kills me to make it, and even if I have someone else create it I hate posting into wordpress. It's that bad. Don't do that.

Second - Pick one method of monetization (for now) and stick with it for a period of 3 months. Let me give you a little advice here.

Email Marketing (list building)

- If you are going to build a list and use email marketing you MUST study copywriting or hire a copywriter. You will not be successful (kind of a generalization) if you don't. It is not easy to market via email, you are not amazon, walmart, or groupon. And heck, those guys pay for the best copywriters in the world. Don't you think you should study a little.

Buy some actual books about the subject. Dan Kennedy, Bob Bly, Gary Halbert's letters (free), there are some more but become a student of copywriting. It will increase your opt-ins and you will actually sell stuff to your list.

Don't listen to these yahoos who tell you just build a huge list and blast it with offers.

Creating your own product

Only do this if you're an expert. No one cares that you read a book about wood carving and now you want to write and sell an ebook about it. If you've been carving wood your whole life and can actually teach people how, then create some courses.

Create a beginners course, an intermediate course, and an advanced course. Promote it, advertise it, spend money to make money, etc. But don't make crap.

And for God's sake don't create another terrible IM product.

Using Adsense

Remember that whole passion thing. Well here's where it's critical. Get the whole 2007 "mini site" idea out of your mind. Create a site that's built around your passion.

Do these things:

1. Write for your readers, but write about keywords. After all that is what they're searching for.

2. Create awesome content. If you write a blog post, make it great. Do actual research, be specific, tell your readers something new, etc. If you create a video, make it funny, educational, just plain cool, whatever. But make it worthwhile. If you create a podcast, interview relevant people, discuss current issues, etc.

3. Don't forget the purpose of the site is to get people to actually click on your ads. So you need to test like crazy, document those tests, and continually optimize placements, colors, sizes, etc.

4. Have a traffic strategy (this is actually more important than anything, it just happens to be here). You can't make money without traffic. It's impossible. So if you have a site about fashion, you better be all over Pinterest.

If you have a site about doomsday bunkers, you need to be on forums and blogs.

If you have a site about your dog that does funny stuff and you make videos about it, then you need to be on Facebook and twitter.

If you have a site about toenail fungus well SEO is your friend. No one on Facebook cares about and people on Pinterest don't want to see your gross feet pictures.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Your traffic strategy needs to be just that, a strategy. The whole idea is to convert the traffic.

Here's a hint - if google sends you toenail fungus via search, and toenail fungus cures ads are running on your site, people will click them. Google isn't worth 400 Billion dollars because they don't know what they're doing.

OK, this thing is getting crazy long. So if you take nothing from this post, or it was TLDR, or whatever do this.

Make an awesome site. Choose 1 monetization strategy for 3 months. Research it via reputable sources. Know you have to work your butt off. And know there's no such thing as truly passive income.

Now stop living a pipe dream and get to work.

Paul
#beginners #read #truth
  • Profile picture of the author ufshane
    Awesome post Packerfan,

    I will agree that when you focus on something you are passionate about, you will be successful.

    I mainly work with website owners in the video game niche, and passion does not begin to describe some of them, but those that are always up to date with their content not only are successful but they are having a blast.

    Another tip I will ad is networking, this site is a fantastic networking tool, but network with others in your niche. As you build those relationships, not only will your business grow, but you will create some long time relationships with others that are passionate about the same subjects you are.

    Ohh I am guilty of having links in my sig, I know, but for me that is plenty of marketing on here for now and lets people learn what I do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8818315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RUSStep
    2 packerfan thanks mate

    found very useful, and informative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8818689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dewayneboyd
    The old "follow your passion" argument never fails to rear its head. This only works in some situations and niches. It's not bad advice. It just doesn't apply to everyone. I write about gloom and doom because it makes me money. Apparently, others don't like to write about it. Well, that's more money for me.

    The passion that people need is a passion for marketing. I once told a friend that Internet marketing is my hobby. He looked at me like I was crazy. Well, that's the kind of passion you need to succeed. Otherwise, just keep your job and forget running a business.
    Signature

    1,574,810 unique visitors and counting. And that's just one of my websites.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8819024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMdeaming
      Originally Posted by dewayneboyd View Post

      The old "follow your passion" argument never fails to rear its head. This only works in some situations and niches. It's not bad advice. It just doesn't apply to everyone. I write about gloom and doom because it makes me money. Apparently, others don't like to write about it. Well, that's more money for me.

      The passion that people need is a passion for marketing. I once told a friend that Internet marketing is my hobby. He looked at me like I was crazy. Well, that's the kind of passion you need to succeed. Otherwise, just keep your job and forget running a business.
      Exactly. People have it backwards. Your AUDIENCE needs to be passionate about something, not you. If you enjoy it then that's just the icing on the cake. My passion is finding these folks and getting them to give me money. The whole passion thing gets parroted by self-development speakers who are making money from the suckers in the audience. Time to give it a rest already. It's called work for a reason. Think about that for a second...
      Signature
      Something stinks...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8820344].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author packerfan
        Originally Posted by IMdeaming View Post

        Exactly. People have it backwards. Your AUDIENCE needs to be passionate about something, not you. If you enjoy it then that's just the icing on the cake. My passion is finding these folks and getting them to give me money. The whole passion thing gets parroted by self-development speakers who are making money from the suckers in the audience. Time to give it a rest already. It's called work for a reason. Think about that for a second...
        We're all trying to get money from suckers in the audience.
        Signature

        Nothing to see here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      Originally Posted by dewayneboyd View Post

      The old "follow your passion" argument never fails to rear its head. This only works in some situations and niches. It's not bad advice. It just doesn't apply to everyone. I write about gloom and doom because it makes me money. Apparently, others don't like to write about it. Well, that's more money for me.

      The passion that people need is a passion for marketing. I once told a friend that Internet marketing is my hobby. He looked at me like I was crazy. Well, that's the kind of passion you need to succeed. Otherwise, just keep your job and forget running a business.
      This is terrible advice for a beginner. It's very difficult making any money getting started. If I have to write about corns on my feet to make my first dollar, how long do you think that's going to last? Now if I love tropical fish, I can write about that all day long and actually enjoy it, oh, and I probably already have established profiles on forums, I'm known on a couple blogs, etc.

      For experienced folks the game is different I suppose. But I'd still rather make money with something I like and not corns on my feet.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by dewayneboyd View Post

      The old "follow your passion" argument never fails to rear its head. This only works in some situations and niches.
      Nope. It works in almost every situation. In fact, that's how the internet blossomed.
      People wrote, videod, sang, programmed, blogged, vomited,...what they knew about
      and loved.

      Started my "stuff" in 1997. Never wanted to make money. Wanted to be an internet
      sensation and get hits! Loved those hit counters! Thing is, it morphed into a way
      to make money.

      No matter what niche, there is money to be made. On that site I started in 1997,
      I get at least three times CPC what people pay on search. Why? Because that
      site rocks with laser target info and traffic. Have another site that has almost
      100% CTR. Yup. 100%. You can bet the traffic and ads are doing well together.

      Those 2 niches are 180 degrees apart. But I love them, knew something about
      them, and continue to massage them into greatness.

      I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Grandma with her knitting blog and
      Uncle Joe with his model railroad site are getting tons of visitors. And they
      aint worrying about a panda, penguin, giraffe,..

      I detest keyword research. I detest making a site based on some pie in the
      sky keyword. (No, not hatin' all all keyworders here). The internet does
      not need another wii games for left handed idiots site. Every time I see
      someone seeing car insurance gets a lot of searches, and a high CPC, and
      doing a site...I vomit.

      If you are a janitor, guess what? You can create a site and make cash.
      And you won't turn over a site because panda screwed you.

      Look. Some buffoon (yes, I'll call it as I see it) wants to make some site
      for law firms. Another one is an electric "company." Get a friggin' grip people!
      I chuckle at the clown who suggest doing a plastic surgery site...

      Listen. If you aint a plastic surgeon, no way should you be doing a site on
      plastic surgery. For what? What on earth do we NEED your site on plastic
      surgery, just cuz you read a guy who researched the CPC?

      Oh, BTW. That model railroading thing was not a joke. That's what inspired
      me to join adsense 6-7 years ago. Saw a bit on TV about a guy with a
      model railroad in his basement. Started a club and blog. And he started making
      triple in adsense what his SS check was. He was astonished! He thought he
      might make an extra $5 a month.

      Passion can go a long way.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        People wrote, videod, sang, programmed, blogged, vomited,...what they knew about
        and loved.
        For the simple reason that what you don't care about you seldom will search or go as deep with compared to something you like. People will smell you out. The guy that loves and plays golf is going to have a better golf site than the person who can't watch a whole tournament without falling asleep.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    99% of the people here are going to read this and go right back to making no money.

    Nice post,
    But it's going to have to be a module within the next Senuke update, before anyone will take you seriously...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8819036].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

      99% of the people here are going to read this and go right back to making no money.

      Nice post,
      But it's going to have to be a module within the next Senuke update, before anyone will take you seriously...
      It's included with SenukeXXII it's just top secret. You know, 4 level tier links via secret back channels. Oh, and I'm running a special you'll hear about soon.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8820986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UnkwnUsr
    Nice post, everyone should read this...I agree that you have to like what you're building or else you won't stick with it long enough. Especially if you plan on doing the writing yourself. Nothing is worse than writing about something you find boring and it will show.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8819070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    I make a point of never trusting anyone that is giving advice with the goal of geting money from me.
    Signature

    If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8819574].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      Originally Posted by PBScott View Post

      I make a point of never trusting anyone that is giving advice with the goal of geting money from me.
      You're missing out then. At some point you have to give someone with expertise money. In my real job I pay consultants 10s of thousands of dollars for their expertise. They're whole purpose in life is to exchange advice for money.

      Just choose wisely.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    And what I think is the most telling...

    They have no link in their signature but go out of their way to help people in the thread. They make multiple comments, give specific advice, and just flat out help for no gain of their own.
    Agree with everything you said except the above quote. The lack of a sig means nothing. I find that ridiculous particularly since you mentioned a user here I would trust for nothing ESPECIALLY SEO knowledge although the person does try to give it. On a marketing board I want to learn from marketers and would never think because they place a link in their sig (which is marketing) they are less reliable.

    I trust Mike F and Backlinko the most for SEO knowledge on this board and they both have links in their sig from time to time. Its just a bit funny that on a business forum people would have the sentiment that the people who don't show signs of doing business should be more credible. Heres the thing.

    No one posts here continuously without some form of pay back

    for Some its cash
    for some its ego
    some its need for socialization

    All those payoffs can lead you wrong not just cash. If Mike F posted hundreds of posts here each month and never got any business from here ever I would in fact wonder about his claims of being a professional well employed SEO. In my view the fact that he does have a sig is what helps me to understand why. I trust what i can understand not what makes no sense to me.

    What about strictly charity and helping people? Sorry. There are homeless people, terminally ill kids, abused children, cancer cure projects, save the planet groups. I would have some serious questions of myself if instead of helping those worthy groups I spent all my charity hours helping marketers make money online for absolutely free with no chance of picking up any business or cash. Just telling it like it is.

    Most here are a money loving group and a significant amount have loved it over other peoples properties for many years spamming links to web properties they never owned. Thats just not a deserving charity to be involved in as far as I am concerned. The kid dying of leukemia - yes

    Now there are posters that all they do is market but thats just the other extreme. If you tell it like it is and lead people in the right direction you are fine and dandy with a sig and making some money if it suits your niche.

    Disagree? Take it up with this entire site then. Warrior forum is VERY well monetized with lots of links that end up making it money and I don't see anybody claiming Allen or Paul Meyers are less reliable for it. In fact being involved in a well marketed and monetized site as WF is lends to credibilty in this niche - not takes it away.

    You take Yukon and Alexa because they seemingly do it for nothing in return (debatable on both counts). I'd take the time with Allen any day of the week and he makes the most of anyone every day from these forums.

    I dunno. Theres just something sad and sel centered about being here to learn to make money and yet begrudging those who you want to learn from making any along the way.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8820944].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Agree with everything you said except the above quote. The lack of a sig means nothing. I find that ridiculous particularly since you mentioned a user here I would trust for nothing ESPECIALLY SEO knowledge although the person does try to give it. On a marketing board I want to learn from marketers and would never think because they place a link in their sig (which is marketing) they are less reliable.

      I trust Mike F and Backlinko the most for SEO knowledge on this board and they both have links in their sig from time to time. Its just a bit funny that on a business forum people would have the sentiment that the people who don't show signs of doing business should be more credible. Heres the thing.

      No one posts here continuously without some form of pay back

      for Some its cash
      for some its ego
      some its need for socialization

      All those payoffs can lead you wrong not just cash. If Mike F posted hundreds of posts here each month and never got any business from here ever I would in fact wonder about his claims of being a professional well employed SEO. In my view the fact that he does have a sig is what helps me to understand why. I trust what i can understand not what makes no sense to me.

      What about strictly charity and helping people? Sorry. There are homeless people, terminally ill kids, abused children, cancer cure projects, save the planet groups. I would have some serious questions of myself if instead of helping those worthy groups I spent all my charity hours helping marketers make money online for absolutely free with no chance of picking up any business or cash. Just telling it like it is.

      Most here are a money loving group and a significant amount have loved it over other peoples properties for many years spamming links to web properties they never owned. Thats just not a deserving charity to be involved in as far as I am concerned. The kid dying of leukemia - yes

      Now there are posters that all they do is market but thats just the other extreme. If you tell it like it is and lead people in the right direction you are fine and dandy with a sig and making some money if it suits your niche.

      Disagree? Take it up with this entire site then. Warrior forum is VERY well monetized with lots of links that end up making it money and I don't see anybody claiming Allen or Paul Meyers are less reliable for it. In fact being involved in a well marketed and monetized site as WF is lends to credibilty in this niche - not takes it away.

      You take Yukon and Alexa because they seemingly do it for nothing in return (debatable on both counts). I'd take the time with Allen any day of the week and he makes the most of anyone every day from these forums.

      I dunno. Theres just something sad and sel centered about being here to learn to make money and yet begrudging those who you want to learn from making any along the way.
      I just quoted the whole thing because I'm lazy, but you left out the part where I said that there are those with links in their sig that provide a lot of value. Beginners just struggle to know who to pay attention to.

      I've bought a lot of services from people on this forum, have no problem with people who come here to promote their business by helping others. That's kind of the point of the whole damn board. But...

      A lot of people build their business around selling crap products and services to an audience who doesn't know any better.

      I just know when I came on this board for the first time I thought I was going to be a millionaire because I found something no one else new about... I was naive and I bought a handful of terrible WSOs and luckily got a PM from someone who kind of set the record straight with me.

      Anyway - like I mentioned nothing wrong with a link, just know that person is in your post for a reason and make sure they're good at what they do.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8820985].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by packerfan View Post

        I just quoted the whole thing because I'm lazy, but you left out the part where I said that there are those with links in their sig that provide a lot of value.
        I didn't leave it out. I stated that I agreed with everything else you said. You did however state that the MOST TELLING PART was not having a sig which to me is just not "the truth".
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    @ packerfan, thanks for the mention, I appreciate it.

    @Mike Anthony, we've been down that sig road plenty of times over the years, I never really understood why your offended that I don't target IMers. I've explained my position plenty of times, I have nothing to sell to IMers. I will never sell my link sources, it's all niche specific.

    I run evergreen sites in comparison to what Mike F. is doing (selling services). Selling services is non-stop work, that's not what I want to do. I don't want to be responsible for other peoples sites because I only want to work whenever I feel like working, not when someone else wants me to work. I've worked for other people offline, not my idea of a fun day. I prefer building pages & monetizing for years on auto-pilot.

    Maybe you wanted OP to mention your name instead of me, cool, take my spot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8820968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post


      @Mike Anthony, we've been down that sig road plenty of times over the years, I never really understood why your offended that I don't target IMers.
      Yuke what in the world are you going on about? . If you must know (and only since you are so offended because I put it that way to avoid identifying a party) the person that I stated i would not trust was NOT you. Read his recommendations again. You were not the only one mentioned though now you seem to think its all about you.

      I've explained my position plenty of times, I have nothing to sell to IMers. I will never sell my link sources, it's all niche specific.
      For full disclosure you have sold things in the past by PM some years ago. All I am saying is that that neither made you less or more reliable.

      I run evergreen sites in comparison to what Mike F. is doing (selling services). Selling services is non-stop work, that's not what I want to do. Maybe you wanted OP to mention your name instead of me, cool, take my spot.
      What a revealing little tirade. Again despite your great focus on yourself the OP was not about You. You were far from the only example and again you were NOT the one I was referring to. On the other hand seems like you are offended that I said a I trust MikeF and backlinko more. Thats my option . I do think they grasp SEO the best. Professional SEOs tend to have ranked in far more niches and understand SEO therefore generally much better

      I don't post for socialization here Yuke. I don't care about those things. Anyone who has read my posts over the years should be fully aware I do not kowtow for favorable recognition. I'd hardly expect Packerfan or at least half this board to suggest me since I disagree quite often with a great many here. I post here primarily because

      A) people being led astray bothers me.
      B) Yes I do pick up some business here

      The whole I have sig and you don't is sad logic as a basis for credibility. You refer to us going down the road before because yes unfortunately you yourself have pushed that sad logic in the past.

      Alas for the third time however I made no mention of you. I expressed a rational and logical counterview. Lack of a sig makes you neither more nor less credible.


      P.S. please spare me the illogical evergreen forever versus service no work argument. In these days of changing algos everything requires on going work of some kind. IF your SEo can last forever then its a low competition low income niche. Any niche that i s lucrative is eventually going to get competition and have to keep up with that competition. MikeF can have 30+ past customers on maintenance plans and do far less work than you think. In fact some businesses have no concept of stop paying when they rank.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821006].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Yuke what in the world are you going on about?
        The sigs have come up before & you tried to dis on me for not selling anything here on WF in my forum sig. It looked like you was taking another shot at me considering Alexa rarely post in the SEO forum. Apologies If I misread your comment.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821510].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          The sigs have come up before & you tried to dis on me for not selling anything here on WF in my forum sig. It looked like you was taking another shot at me considering Alexa rarely post in the SEO forum.
          Technically that is correct but posts to the general board are moved quite often to the SEO section. Besides you really don't have a good basis to complain. if its okay to "dis" on people because they happen to have a sig then the opposite view can be maintained. Yes we have had debates about this and yes in threads where you and others tried to make points based on sigs or the lack of having one.

          People in fact often do make the point to almost all posters with high post counts that their high level of participation is an indicator they have time on their hands and are not the success they claim or seem to be. Its just as legit an observation (i think more). If posting here made me absolutely nothing at all I would question my time usage.

          Better people not try and make points about sigs at all as they will come back at some point to bite them in the rear. Everyone on here is a marketer.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whawk57
    SSSSSHHHHHHH That's enough folks!

    Take the positive track instead of hitting the egocentric minds.. it'll only blow up in the end.
    Everybody has their own ways, your way isn't going work for me or his way isn't going to work for me or your way isn't going to work for him..... lol
    One has find his own way!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author m59studios
    Hi Packerfan, thanks for the great post. I am brand new to internet marketing and this forum. I appreciate the tips as I start this journey.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    How to spot the bad guys:

    They are using double names like: marrysue, jasonclint, tomgeorge etc.
    or names with numbers like: john1855, steve00, candy006 etc.



    fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author UnkwnUsr
      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

      How to spot the bad guys:

      They are using double names like: marrysue, jasonclint, tomgeorge etc.
      or names with numbers like: john1855, steve00, candy006 etc.



      fastreplies
      Or they pretend to be a hot girl when it's clear that they are in fact a man. I'm not mentioning any names but take all advice with a grain of skepticism.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author syrena143
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8824431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author swaffi
    Hi Packerfan.
    Thanks so much for that truthful post. I really appreciate people on this site that contribute in a very helpful way and there are so many words of wisdom to take on board with your post.
    Sorry I am not being very specific here but I enjoyed reading everything about it!
    Keep up the good work Packerfan, I'm now a fan!
    Signature
    "Happy are those conscious of their spiritual needs"
    "Don't let your failures go to your heart and your victories go to your head"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getnewonline
    I make a point of never trusting anyone TOO that makes me relax
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    I add nothing of value to this forum.
    I gave my Sig to Tim Pears kidney fundraiser because I had nothing else I thought would be suitable for a community forum.
    Tim sounds like a decent enough bloke although I hardly know him. Maybe I'll sell something in it, who cares?
    I was thinking of putting.

    "I'm the King of the search engines, ooooh I'm the serps V...I...P. I've reached the top and had to stop and that's what's bothering me....."

    Thought about using it as an intro to something cool. Maybe like an SEO humor blog. I only get bothered when someone who doesn't normally get involved in say the "SEO section" but suddenly launches an "SEO" related WSO. Then suddenly is bursting alive down this way with lively conversation. The PimP my ride sig homies... They bug me, but I don't report them for spamming, I have more fun just calling them out publicly.

    Anyway truth be told. This is a damn big forum with a lot of members. You won't get good business around here for having a high post count. You'll get good business around here for having a "helpful" history.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8826020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
    Originally Posted by packerfan View Post

    I do make that $100/day

    Paul
    haha I knew you would sneak that shit in in the middle of all that text...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8826143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fallingdown101
    thanks for the great post !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8869023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slin
    Kind of true.

    Except for the fact that one of the examples of somebody "great" that you mentioned really doesn't exist. I could go on about that but I don't want to get into any trouble.

    The way I found really good online marketers on here was by talking to people who didn't have many posts, but seemed to know what they were doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8872017].message }}

Trending Topics