low competition keyword optimization and no visitors

by brux
22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
created a free web service about 2 months ago, optimized it for low competition keywords. No google webmaster tools errors.

and

no visitors... (webmaster tools showing: "No Queries" warning - e.g my website does not participate into search process).


any ideas why?
I know - website is too young, there are no backlinks yet, but why no visitors at all.
#competition #keyword #low #optimization #visitors
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Why would you have visitors?

    Does anyone else know the site exists?
    Signature
    New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
    Open for A Limited Time!

    Request to Join
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193238].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      google know

      they usually index websites, then in a period of time start sending traffic. even with no backlinks at all (it happened to mu blog in the past)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Alvey
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Why would you have visitors?

      Does anyone else know the site exists?
      That's true.Now only those people were suppose to come who know your domain name accurately.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    They don't automatically start sending you traffic.

    Is your site ranking for anything that people search for? I'm guessing not.
    Signature
    New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
    Open for A Limited Time!

    Request to Join
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      They don't automatically start sending you traffic.

      Is your site ranking for anything that people search for? I'm guessing not.
      no it is not ranking, since there are no search queries.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AskAnAffiliate
    Hi,

    Well what are your keywords so I can check them out. There are a few things that would matter when ranking even the lowest competitive keywords like actual search volume and your content. If your content is missing keyword density and LSI keywords then you may have a problem ranking.

    Do me a favor..

    Please list your keywords and URL to your page.

    I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by AskAnAffiliate View Post

      Hi,

      Well what are your keywords so I can check them out. There are a few things that would matter when ranking even the lowest competitive keywords like actual search volume and your content. If your content is missing keyword density and LSI keywords then you may have a problem ranking.

      Do me a favor..

      Please list your keywords and URL to your page.

      I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
      okay, I've PM you about this matter. Thank you for review.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194321].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author brux
        looks like I left too few info, that's why such questions.

        Ordering info:

        1. I'm running a simplistic free web service (Imagine a online calculator or something like this).
        2. There is no registration. You come, use it and leave.
        3. Defined a list of keywords.
        4. By google keyword tools - These keywords are searched about 10.000 per month.
        5. Since service is very simplistic and needs no additional explanations or large descriptions (using keywords). I created minimum content and a simple help system.
        6. Submitted all above to google webmaster tools:
        - google accepted my website (if you search my website by URL, google gives it first in SERP and a list of similar functionality websites after it)
        - website is indexed
        - website keywords are detected - I think correctly
        - google show no errors or issues about my website

        Now negative apect:
        - 0 Search queries - e.g. website does not appear SERP


        What help I need:
        I'm trying to find a strategy on how to SEO and get top ranked for such kind of websites - with poor content but rich functionality.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hostdare
    Have you check is your site is indexed properly or not?
    Signature
    Hostdare Unlimited cPanel SSD hosting | Managed cPanel Dedicated Servers | Dedicated server starting @17 usd/mo
    █ Cpanel/WHM | Not Oversold | Reseller / Managed dedicated Plans Available
    www.hostdare.com Email : sales@hostdare.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by nipon View Post

      Have you check is your site is indexed properly or not?
      website is indexed, see details above.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author promo87
    Banned
    Originally Posted by brux View Post

    created a free web service about 2 months ago, optimized it for low competition keywords. No google webmaster tools errors.

    and

    no visitors... (webmaster tools showing: "No Queries" warning - e.g my website does not participate into search process).


    any ideas why?
    I know - website is too young, there are no backlinks yet, but why no visitors at all.
    It's is because you have no source to get traffic from i.e you are only waiting for the Google to rank you up in the search result but let me tell you one thing in order to rank you in the search result Google also looks at your backlinks and not working on the backlink isn't going to benefit you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by promo87 View Post

      It's is because you have no source to get traffic from i.e you are only waiting for the Google to rank you up in the search result but let me tell you one thing in order to rank you in the search result Google also looks at your backlinks and not working on the backlink isn't going to benefit you.
      so you think I should create backlinks first?

      (I have experience with my personal blog, google traffic started flowing in without any backlinks. I don't have any until now - blog is created for my personal purposes and sharing some experience and is not meant to make me a penny. And I have not back traffic, real comments and so on).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194789].message }}
  • If your site is not yet ranking highly for your targeted keywords, then that is the reason why you're not getting any organic traffic. Start building high quality backlinks (dofollow, on high PR pages, niche relevant, and contextual). You will soon see your rankings increase, and your traffic as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by strategic seo services View Post

      If your site is not yet ranking highly for your targeted keywords, then that is the reason why you're not getting any organic traffic. Start building high quality backlinks (dofollow, on high PR pages, niche relevant, and contextual). You will soon see your rankings increase, and your traffic as well.
      I have almost no competitors. e.g. first 3-4 positions are occupied with similar services and all the others are totally different services.
      I think google could place me on first page with no problems.

      Your suggestion is to build links? Right?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by strategic seo services View Post

      If your site is not yet ranking highly for your targeted keywords, then that is the reason why you're not getting any organic traffic. Start building high quality backlinks (dofollow, on high PR pages, niche relevant, and contextual). You will soon see your rankings increase, and your traffic as well.
      what about website content? It's poor, just 2-3 sentences (alt tags, hidden descriptions, placeholders etc). I don't think any more content is necessary on this page. Do you think it word building another page with explanations - how service work etc etc?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Tan
    Brux,

    If you are after SEO, you need to be ranked to get that traffic. If there are already existing competitors, your job will get a lot tougher.

    Another alternative is to run some social media traffic over, do some clever marketing and make it go viral.

    There are many ways to get traffic to your site.

    Daniel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9194914].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brux
      Originally Posted by Daniel Tan View Post

      Brux,

      If you are after SEO, you need to be ranked to get that traffic. If there are already existing competitors, your job will get a lot tougher.

      Another alternative is to run some social media traffic over, do some clever marketing and make it go viral.

      There are many ways to get traffic to your site.

      Daniel
      service is totally free and only a couple of competitors.
      I'm not going to pay to get 10.000 views a month. I need SE free traffic.

      Main purpose is to get traffic for no money.


      Social media advertising sound interesting.

      Just throw a few ideas - how would you advertise via social media a "what is my IP address" service...
      Interesting how many brand new ideas I would throw to social media to advertise it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9195050].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by brux View Post

        service is totally free and only a couple of competitors.
        I'm not going to pay to get 10.000 views a month. I need SE free traffic.

        Main purpose is to get traffic for no money.


        Social media advertising sound interesting.

        Just throw a few ideas - how would you advertise via social media a "what is my IP address" service...
        Interesting how many brand new ideas I would throw to social media to advertise it.
        Forget social for that niche, nobody on FB cares about their IP.

        Make a list of the existing what's my IP competition & scrape their backlinks with something like SEOspyglass, filter down to their best link sources & dump the rest of the links.

        Build out a bunch of IP FAQ internal pages focused on additional keywords that have traffic volume, do on-page SEO (relevant internal links, etc...) & repeat the link building step.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9195078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brux
    thanks to all.

    Starting with yesterday, google ranged my website and started sending a few visitors daily.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9202275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    How many of your pages are indexed in Google? Did you do a quality On-Page SEO? What about Off-Page? Also did you choose a good keyword (how about the traffic and competition)
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9202904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hunteryz
    could be in sandbox, so google did not indexed your site,

    You could do backlinks to force Google index your site and rank now,

    Google Webmaster is slow, I just create my site, about authentic chinese food recipes , Google webmaster always show incorrect backlinks
    Signature
    If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some.
    Authentic Chinese Food Recipes
    http://yzenith.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9203644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hostdare
    Try to optimize another keyword which has some competition.Before optimizing the keyword try to check the competition on that keyword
    Signature
    Hostdare Unlimited cPanel SSD hosting | Managed cPanel Dedicated Servers | Dedicated server starting @17 usd/mo
    █ Cpanel/WHM | Not Oversold | Reseller / Managed dedicated Plans Available
    www.hostdare.com Email : sales@hostdare.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9204914].message }}

Trending Topics