Is there some where to buy a PBN network?

33 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Dont think I could set one up myself. Is there places that you can buy like a 5-10 site PBN network?


Also do the domains need to be related to your niche? Or does it not matter?
#buy #network #pbn
  • Profile picture of the author KenL
    It ain't that hard. If you can set up a wordpress site then you can set up your own PBN.
    Look in the WSO section for sellers.
    Domains need not to be related.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453696].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Ok listen up, domain prices are out of the roof these days, a solid PR4 can easily cost $200+, solid PR3's go for $100+.

      Still you see tons of private blog networks advertised as for sale for prices in the range of $50-$100/site including setup.

      So you should ask yourself: "How on earth is that possible?"

      Simple answer: Weak domains that they source at sites like expireddomains.net , you can do that yourself and make things a little easier by using a tool like Netpeak:

      Click Here To Download Netpeak Checker

      Netpeak allows you to filter on metrics like DA, PA, CF, TF, MozTrust, MozRank and many more.

      However the thing is that you won't find rock solid domains that way, as the good ones with pagerank, though outdated still the most important metric of all, are bid on at auctions so you can't get them for just the registration fee.

      Another thing is that when you filter down solely based on external metrics from Ahrefs, Moz and Majestic that the ones with the highest metrics are heavily spammed and previously used in churn & burn projects. Go check and see for yourself.

      I analyzed 100's of domains and when I ignore the heavily spammed ones I can easily find domains that are like DA25+, TF20+ and so on, but once you start analyzing the actual backlink profiles then you'll find that they have maybe 1 PR1 or 1 PR2 link pointed at it, and if you're very lucky maybe 1 PR3 and/or a couple of PR2's.

      Like I said already, very weak domains, all those external metrics mean nothing if there's no pagerank to back it up.

      So why spend let's say $500 on 10 very weak domains when you can buy them yourself for $100,-, unless you think the research and hosting is worth the $400 then you can consider it. Personally I don't even pay the renewal fee for such weak domains.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453715].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        a solid PR4 can easily cost $200+, solid PR3's go for $100+. Still you see tons of private blog networks advertised as for sale for prices in the range of $50-$100/site including setup.
        Nik is right - if you are looking for strong Pr3s - but not all of us small network sellers (in fact almost none) make that claim. If you want something like that then we quote custom prices. However heres the deal. I have had people get just three domains and put contextual links with only three other links on a page and they have seen good bounce in the serps. why? because the domains are not shared with a ton load of other people. Besides all the talk of PR and strength people ignore the other important factor -OBL - the number of out bound links. I'd rather put two links on a PR2 then 8 on a PR3

        Strong PR3 page if you rent on someone else's PBN OK ( I mean thats the only other choice people have right now) but with a link renter how many links are on the page with yours? and with your own PBN even a weaker one theres one other thing - your link never rolls off the page with juice. So hey you pay a service provider a hundred dollars a month and in 6 months you've spent $600. Stop paying and your link rolls into nowhere. Weaker PBN? you still own the links and how much weaker was it to you personally since you didn't have to share with anyone else on the page.

        I analyzed 100's of domains and when I ignore the heavily spammed ones I can easily find domains that are like DA25+, TF20+ and so on, but once you start analyzing the actual backlink profiles then you'll find that they have maybe 1 PR1 or 1 PR2 link pointed at it, and if you're very lucky maybe 1 PR3 and/or a couple of PR2's.
        Nik You have to have an automated system setup and alternate ways of getting links. Yeah the expiredomain.net ones have been worked over by everyone - good luck if you find anything in there Since you are representing that this is what all network sellers do then I think it only fair that I point out that I don't buy domains with one PR3 and a couple of Pr2s. I pass on those and I hope other networks sellers do as well (although I wish my conscience didn't demand me to pass on them because it would make my work sooooo much easier and faster especially when good domains dry up for awhile).

        Theres at least three other ways to get domains besides auctions and digging into expiredomains.net. However I am not getting into them because as you know any time you share anything with the masses they screw it up

        Does it take a whole lot of research and some times techniques to make them stronger? yes and thats where the price comes in. Just setting up the automation for it can take weeks and quite an investment.

        Anyway Just another perspective becase your one Pr3 and a couple Pr2s is just wrong in my case and no I am not sayig the opposite of that either. The price can only do so much. By the way I'll say this because most people know about it - the hayden method is not likely to give you super duper PR5s anymore Or even super PR4s but yeah there are still some PR3s showing up.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453783].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Djman77
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Nik is right - if you are looking for strong Pr3s - but not all of us small network sellers (in fact almost none) make that claim. If you want something like that then we quote custom prices. However heres the deal. I have had people get just three domains and put contextual links with only three other links on a page and they have seen good bounce in the serps. why? because the domains are not shared with a ton load of other people. Besides all the talk of PR and strength people ignore the other important factor -OBL - the number of out bound links. I'd rather put two links on a PR2 then 8 on a PR3

          Strong PR3 page if you rent on someone else's PBN OK ( I mean thats the only other choice people have right now) but with a link renter how many links are on the page with yours? and with your own PBN even a weaker one theres one other thing - your link never rolls off the page with juice. So hey you pay a service provider a hundred dollars a month and in 6 months you've spent $600. Stop paying and your link rolls into nowhere. Weaker PBN? you still own the links and how much weaker was it to you personally since you didn't have to share with anyone else on the page.



          Nik You have to have an automated system setup and alternate ways of getting links. Yeah the expiredomain.net ones have been worked over by everyone - good luck if you find anything in there Since you are representing that this is what all network sellers do then I think it only fair that I point out that I don't buy domains with one PR3 and a couple of Pr2s. I pass on those and I hope other networks sellers do as well (although I wish my conscience didn't demand me to pass on them because it would make my work sooooo much easier and faster especially when good domains dry up for awhile).

          Theres at least three other ways to get domains besides auctions and digging into expiredomains.net. However I am not getting into them because as you know any time you share anything with the masses they screw it up

          Does it take a whole lot of research and some times techniques to make them stronger? yes and thats where the price comes in. Just setting up the automation for it can take weeks and quite an investment.

          Anyway Just another perspective becase your one Pr3 and a couple Pr2s is just wrong in my case and no I am not sayig the opposite of that either. The price can only do so much. By the way I'll say this because most people know about it - the hayden method is not likely to give you super duper PR5s anymore Or even super PR4s but yeah there are still some PR3s showing up.

          Mike,

          You care to share through PM where a newbie like myself in the SEO game could find some good domains?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453810].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by Djman77 View Post

            Mike,

            You care to share through PM where a newbie like myself in the SEO game could find some good domains?
            They are not sitting free or cheap somewhere Djman. You have to go out looking fo them and spend many hours setting up a system to get them. two years ago you could probably run scrapebox and pick them off the trees so to speak but it takes more than that now.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453863].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nik0
              Banned
              I know there are ways that are very time consuming and need to be fully automated but I've seen a huge influx of sellers recently and all they have is the same crap that I find at expireddomains.net

              Others go to great lengths to scrape every single URL they can find from the bbc, huffingtonpost or whatever authority sites and say: "Hey look at this domain and what a great links it has" but they have to scrape so deep so those pages are buried deep into the site and when you look up the Ahrefs rank from those pages it never exceeds 15, which is pretty damn weak, neither does it show any pagerank or PR1 at best so Google hardly ever scrapes those pages if at all.

              I've analyzed domains of at least 3 of such providers and it was all crap so far.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453894].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Steve Waller
                Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                Others go to great lengths to scrape every single URL they can find from the bbc, huffingtonpost or whatever authority sites and say: "Hey look at this domain and what a great links it has" but they have to scrape so deep so those pages are buried deep into the site and when you look up the Ahrefs rank from those pages it never exceeds 15, which is pretty damn weak, neither does it show any pagerank or PR1 at best so Google hardly ever scrapes those pages if at all.

                I've analyzed domains of at least 3 of such providers and it was all crap so far.
                There are still plenty of good domains to find by scraping these sorts of sites if you ask me - I've come across (and subsequently sold) a number of domains and I'm not talking about ones with links on PR0/1 pages - I'm talking about pages with relatively low OBLs and high PR.

                Finding domains with multiple such links is the trickier part in my opinion but dig for long enough and you'll find the gems.
                Signature


                Crawl Your Way To Cheaper Expired Domains - PM Me To Access My Personal Crawler/Scraper


                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454664].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nik0
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by Steve Waller View Post

                  There are still plenty of good domains to find by scraping these sorts of sites if you ask me - I've come across (and subsequently sold) a number of domains and I'm not talking about ones with links on PR0/1 pages - I'm talking about pages with relatively low OBLs and high PR.

                  Finding domains with multiple such links is the trickier part in my opinion but dig for long enough and you'll find the gems.
                  Few weeks ago I scraped quite a bit and scraped the OBL's from about 25k pages which resulted in nothing. A year ago that easily resulted in 25+ domains. With my slow internet and such I just gave up on it, especially with no Google PR updates the sites are kind of useless for my network / customers.

                  Lol at 50 pounds for a domain with 1 single PR4 link from a gov site, that's like what 80-85 dollars, yaiks.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454913].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                    Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                    Few weeks ago I scraped quite a bit and scraped the OBL's from about 25k pages which resulted in nothing. A year ago that easily resulted in 25+ domains. With my slow internet and such I just gave up on it, especially with no Google PR updates the sites are kind of useless for my network / customers.

                    Yep the good old days are done. 25,000 pages is nothing now and you don't run that from your internet connection but multiple servers.
                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomas24
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jayski32
    I sell very strong PR2-5s for way less than $200 a pop. I have a custom dropcatching software set up on heavy duty servers and countless registrar accounts. Everyday I compete against all the other big time dropcatching services and I get my share. I have custom filtering system to both weed out spammed domains, but also weak PR'ed sites.
    So yes there is a way to get really good domains without paying an arm and a leg for it.


    EDIT TO ADD: yes, expireddomains.net is sloppy seconds if you will. If you want to get the "good stuff" you have to compete at the moment the domains become available.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Jayski32 View Post

      I sell very strong PR2-5s for way less than $200 a pop. I have a custom dropcatching software set up on heavy duty servers and countless registrar accounts. Everyday I compete against all the other big time dropcatching services and I get my share. I have custom filtering system to both weed out spammed domains, but also weak PR'ed sites.
      So yes there is a way to get really good domains without paying an arm and a leg for it.


      EDIT TO ADD: yes, expireddomains.net is sloppy seconds if you will. If you want to get the "good stuff" you have to compete at the moment the domains become available.
      $200 is for solid PR4's

      I just registered at your site and what I see right now is a whole bunch of the weakest PR2's and PR3's I've ever seen for $40-$50/each. Majority less then 10 referring IP's, DA in the range of <15

      WOW, that's exactly what I mean with there's a whole lot of crap being sold.

      I pay $50 to my broker for PR3's with DA25+ and at least 50 referring IP's and many more high PR links. It's just that the PR4's are a bit rare these days but when I look at the ones you advertise for $100/each it's way below my expectations as well.

      But hey, good luck selling to the noobs, I'm sure there are plenty that will buy when they compare it to auction prices.

      Seriously if my network consisted of such domains I wouldn't rank a single client.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455108].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jayski32
        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        $200 is for solid PR4's

        I just registered at your site and what I see right now is a whole bunch of the weakest PR2's and PR3's I've ever seen for $40-$50/each. Majority less then 10 referring IP's, DA in the range of <15

        WOW, that's exactly what I mean with there's a whole lot of crap being sold.

        I pay $50 to my broker for PR3's with DA25+ and at least 50 referring IP's and many more high PR links. It's just that the PR4's are a bit rare these days but when I look at the ones you advertise for $100/each it's way below my expectations as well.

        But hey, good luck selling to the noobs, I'm sure there are plenty that will buy when they compare it to auction prices.

        Seriously if my network consisted of such domains I wouldn't rank a single client.

        Niko, you're just wrong. I buy based on specific metrics because I have purchased 1000's of domains. I use these domains personally. I have hundreds of moneysties that these are based on and its how I make a living. I am just selling some now because I have more than I can use. By offering themto public I can then use those funds to pay my overhead etc.
        Your metrics are shit. LOL. Chasing after DA25+? That's a sweet way to buy a penalized domain. I would only rarely have a DA25+ site and it would be only because it had other mitigating factors. I think your broker is selling you domains that I take a pass on.

        IPS are an important metric I grant you that which is they are factored in the price.

        BTW- I've seen the sites in your network. Some of them are pretty meh

        PS - If by noobs you mean the guys who rank in payday then well...
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455151].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steve Waller
          Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

          Few weeks ago I scraped quite a bit and scraped the OBL's from about 25k pages which resulted in nothing. A year ago that easily resulted in 25+ domains. With my slow internet and such I just gave up on it, especially with no Google PR updates the sites are kind of useless for my network / customers.
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Yep the good old days are done. 25,000 pages is nothing now and you don't run that from your internet connection but multiple servers.
          You've got to go big these days - in the past week or so I've crawled just over 1.2 million pages and I've been holding back to be quite honest. It can be hit and miss with sites that you'd think would yield some gold giving up nothing decent while others reveal multiple domains worth using.

          Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

          Lol at 50 pounds for a domain with 1 single PR4 link from a gov site, that's like what 80-85 dollars, yaiks.
          No offence but a domain with such a link is worth far more than you think. You say you are buying domains from your broker with PR3 and a DA25+ and that they have 50+ IPs and multiple high PR links but I'd be interested to know what the trust in those domains is - this is the metric that I favour and you can't get trust without links from other high trust websites.

          My PR4 link from NASA.GOV > your PR4 link from joeblog.com so you can't compare them unless you too are getting domains with high trust links.
          Signature


          Crawl Your Way To Cheaper Expired Domains - PM Me To Access My Personal Crawler/Scraper


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455240].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
            Originally Posted by Steve Waller View Post

            My PR4 link from NASA.GOV > your PR4 link from joeblog.com so you can't compare them unless you too are getting domains with high trust links.
            I'm sorry, but your website is trying to sell me a DA12 domain with 2 root domains for £150, with a link from a PR6 domain. Links from PR6 domains aren't hard to come by. It's getting 40+ referring domains with a bunch of PR2/PR3/PR4 links and the occasional PR5/PR6 links that are difficult to get, and actually worth something.

            What if that PR6 link drops tomorrow? The whole domain is WORTHLESS. Not to mention, the PR6 page probably has tons of OBL, making the link actually worthless. That's why you need at least 20+ referring domains.

            If I scrape 500,000 url's tomorrow, and run all of the PR6/PR7 pages through Xenu, I'll find probably 15-20 unregistered domains. You're selling them for £150. I ignore them and leave them unregistered.
            Signature

            Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455267].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nik0
              Banned
              You guys are completely out of your mind and are only able to sell to a bunch of complete clueless noobs. Seriously who on earth would even consider spending 50 pounds or 50 dollars for a domain with 1 single link or CF/TF<10 and DA<15. You really think only the MozTrust of 4+ justifies it? Oh come on.

              When a site has a DA in the range of 8-15 then I don't even give it a closer look or second thought, DA is a cumulative result of referring domains, and I want my domains to have at the very least 25 referring domains though nowadays I increased that to at least 50+

              Don't worry about MozTrust, I filter on that as well, besides CF, TF, MozRank, Ahrefs rank etc.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455279].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Jayski32
                Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                You guys are completely out of your mind and are only able to sell to a bunch of complete clueless noobs.
                I'm sorry that you have been led astray by MOZ's horrible metric. I have experience and results on my side. I rarelyhave PR3s with DA25+, and refips 50+ instock because I usually pass on those. Remember I'm dropcatching. I have my choice. I'm not sifting through the rubble afterwards with xenu or expireddomains.net. Are there some in there that may perform with those metrics? Yeah sure. But most are either penalized or about to be.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455288].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nik0
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by Jayski32 View Post

                  I'm sorry that you have been led astray by MOZ's horrible metric. I have experience and results on my side. I rarelyhave PR3s with DA25+, and refips 50+ instock because I usually pass on those. Remember I'm dropcatching. I have my choice. I'm not sifting through the rubble afterwards with xenu or expireddomains.net. Are there some in there that may perform with those metrics? Yeah sure. But most are either penalized or about to be.
                  I have my own broker, I've only look at expireddomains.net a couple of times to see if there's anything worthy in between it and that's not the case.

                  My broker has a setup probably similar to what you do but at least he does have domains with good metrics and good amounts of high PR links and good amount of referring domains and sells for similar prices. So why do your domains lack on all fronts? Few links, few referring domains, few high PR links, and complete terrible metrics.

                  Now look at the ones you list that do have 35 referring IP's like that aoz one, when I check the backlink profile it's all chinese links, oh my, or that other one with china in the name and 16 referring IP's. Seriously mate, when I get a PR3 from my broker and chinese backlinks / anchors, which I never buy btw besides the once or twice perhaps, then they have at least 100 referring domains and much stronger backlink profiles + metrics as a result of that.

                  It seems you only pick up the left over's so perhaps work on your system so that you can actually compete with those backdrop services.There's clearly a reason why you can get them as no one else wants them.

                  And what's that for ridiculous claim that domains with higher metrics are more tend to be spammy? Yes at expireddomains.net for sure, and I get more the idea that's where you source them from but whatever. You think 50 referring IPs automatically related to a spammed domain? WOW, do you even check anchor profiles before you buy? Oh wait, excuse my ignorance, with 5 or 7 linking domains it's hard to end up with an over optimized anchor profile LOL
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455308].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Jayski32
                    Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                    I have my own broker, I've only look at expireddomains.net a couple of times to see if there's anything worthy in between it and that's not the case.

                    My broker has a setup probably similar to what you do but at least he does have domains with good metrics and good amounts of high PR links and good amount of referring domains and sells for similar prices. So why do your domains lack on all fronts? Few links, few referring domains, few high PR links, and complete terrible metrics.
                    Because I primarily buy these domains for myself. I know the type of profiles that make good money sites. My primary motivation is not to sell to domains to link sellers. In doing, I guess we see things very differently.

                    You run a good service Nik0 and wish you the best of luck but this is just something we disagree on.

                    You say no one else wants them? You don't want them. Fine cool.
                    Signature

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455332].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author nik0
                      Banned
                      Originally Posted by Jayski32 View Post

                      Because I primarily buy these domains for myself. I know the type of profiles that make good money sites. My primary motivation is not to sell to domains to link sellers. In doing, I guess we see things very differently.

                      You run a good service Nik0 and wish you the best of luck but this is just something we disagree on.

                      You say no one else wants them? You don't want them. Fine cool. I just processed an order from the maker of shadowmaker. Considering what he's accomplished, well ...
                      Oh you use them for money sites instead of linking to money sites? Yes of course then you don't want them to have to many links as it will kill the whole relevance of the site. However it seems you sell them to be turned into a private blog network to rank sites.... or maybe I should read your signature again.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455370].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Jayski32
                        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                        Oh you use them for money sites instead of linking to money sites? Yes of course then you don't want them to have to many links as it will kill the whole relevance of the site. However it seems you sell them to be turned into a private blog network to rank sites.... or maybe I should read your signature again.
                        I do use them as PBN as well and they work for that purpose but you are correct they are primarily for money sites. Most of my customers that's what they buy them for. When I said I have sold to those who rank in payday that is what I meant.
                        Signature

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455381].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author nik0
                Banned
                Btw I have tons of PR0, PR1, PR2 and even PR n/a domains with a MozTrust of 4+, I don't even use that crap anymore, it's just pending to get deleted at the next expiration.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455301].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
            Originally Posted by Steve Waller View Post

            My PR4 link from NASA.GOV > your PR4 link from joeblog.com so you can't compare them unless you too are getting domains with high trust links.
            I don't know. I am okay with a PR4 link from joeblog.com. A link from nasa.gov has a much greater chance of being edited and removed, in my opinion.
            Signature
            Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
            Delivered to you each week!

            >>> Sign Up Now <<<
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455349].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

              I don't know. I am okay with a PR4 link from joeblog.com. A link from nasa.gov has a much greater chance of being edited and removed, in my opinion.

              A government worker removing a link or a blogger? LOL I'll take my chances with the government worker. Still as with all thing in related its about location, location location.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455382].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                A government worker removing a link or a blogger? LOL I'll take my chances with the government worker. Still as with all thing in related its about location, location location.
                It depends on the page. If it is 10 pages deep on a government site rarely accessed, that's different. Or if it is a directory type page with 50 different resources. That would be okay.

                However, if it is showing on the homepage of medicare.gov, I'm skipping it. That will get changed.

                My point is that just because you see a .gov link it does not mean you should jump all over the domain.

                All part of the link evaluation process.
                Signature
                Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
                Delivered to you each week!

                >>> Sign Up Now <<<
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455413].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nik0
                  Banned
                  Final post I make in this thread as I don't feel much for pissing contests, have more to do then that.

                  There are 2 ways to run a service:

                  1) Like I do, where clients in fact rent 60 homepage links, yep times changed, (10 PR2, 20 PR3 / 30 PR4) with 20 OBL on the homepage and they pay for that.

                  2) Setting up 60 sites in the PR1-PR3 range with say 5 OBL

                  There's something to say about both, but one thing I know for sure and that is that my long term customers, mostly SEO companies that outsource to me won't accept it when I come up with weak domains.

                  ps: There's a 3rd way like Mike F is probably doing, solid domains with 5 OBL, but that has a price tag and that's why he charges many times more.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455428].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                  My point is that just because you see a .gov link it does not mean you should jump all over the domain.

                  All part of the link evaluation process.
                  Fully agree. I was not for a moment indicating anything special about gov sites except yes I have noticed government sites tend to be very large and often not updated as much

                  There's something to say about both, but one thing I know for sure and that is that my long term customers, mostly SEO companies that outsource to me won't accept it when I come up with weak domains.
                  Why should they Nik? You are renting links and they have to pay forever or their links rolloff. People buying small PBNs are

                  A) not looking to rank a lot of sites so can utilize low OBL in a way they can't with a link renter
                  B) don't want to pay forever
                  C) don't want the risk of getting their money sites deindexed when their bigger service provider gets their domains slapped
                  D) are looking for them as entry point to add on to later (either by building another network or better yet enhancing the network after they have made some money with additional links to build even more strength)
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455477].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        I pay $50 to my broker for PR3's with DA25+ and at least 50 referring IP's and many more high PR links.
        and where do you think he is getting them from (If he is real which I doubt - yes I am saying you are blowing smoke -since good pr3s now sell for a hundred dollars and up so he would be an idiot not to put them up on godaddy)? Making them out of thin air? He's making a profit too but no you and Ice are wrong again. You do not need a whole heap of referring Ips for a domain to be strong. I have bought domains with 10 links and if the links are strong then they have worked out great (my best as I have stated before was a PR 6 been going strong for 3 years of principally two Pr7 links.)

        Its a quality game not quantity. Also though I prefer my DA at least 20+ I have seen too many domains with less with killer links to say DA is a perfect metric. Most metrics go terribly wrong quite frequently. why?

        I think the number one problem is that Moz and majestic just do poor jobs calculating the flow of juice internally. I see PR 4 links all the time that register as DA13 and 14 most likely because Moz is not calculating the internal juice very well .

        Finally you are a link seller. You plan on putting 50 or more clients on your sites and collecting $150 a month . You have a vested interest in people not owning their own and your standards are different. The link renter however is not getting the full benefit you claim from your domains. the juice is being divided up by the other people and links you put on the pages. So the small PBN owner can get alot more value and ownership even with an allegedly weaker domain.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455366].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          and where do you think he is getting them from (If he is real which I doubt - yes I am saying you are blowing smoke -since good pr3s now sell for a hundred dollars and up so he would be an idiot not to put them up on godaddy)? Making them out of thin air? He's making a profit too but no you and Ice are wrong again. You do not need a whole heap of referring Ips for a domain to be strong. I have bought domains with 10 links and if the links are strong then they have worked out great (my best as I have stated before was a PR 6 been going strong for 3 years of principally two Pr7 links.)

          Its a quality game not quantity. Also though I prefer my DA at least 20+ I have seen too many domains with less with killer links to say DA is a perfect metric. Most metrics go terribly wrong quite frequently. why?

          I think the number one problem is that Moz and majestic just do poor jobs calculating the flow of juice internally. I see PR 4 links all the time that register as DA13 and 14 most likely because Moz is not calculating the internal juice very well .

          Finally you are a link seller. You plan on putting 50 or more clients on your sites and collecting $150 a month . You have a vested interest in people not owning their own and your standards are different. The link renter however is not getting the full benefit you claim from your domains. the juice is being divided up by the other people and links you put on the pages. So the small PBN owner can get alot more value and ownership even with an allegedly weaker domain.
          Pfff, maybe that's why I source strong domains cause I put multiple clients per domain?

          Hey make sense!

          If my network would consist of the weak domains you guys are spousing I wouldn't rank a thing for sure, yes maybe with 1 OBL I might have some chance.

          ps: In your opinion everyone is blowing smoke non stop so what can I say lol.

          ps 2: How am I supposed to rank people for $149/month when a single solid PR4 domain costs in the range of $200-$250,-, by offering them weak domains that go unnoticed on auctions? No thank you, the costs of content doesn't justify it. You got to admit it makes no sense to spend $50 on content for a $10 costing domain right? Cause those 1-5 page sites simply won't last very long.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455379].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

            If my network would consist of the weak domains you guys are spousing I wouldn't rank a thing for sure, yes maybe with 1 OBL I might have some chance.
            I'm not spousing anything but all the regulars here know your drill. You argue these things for sales of your link services even when the threads are not about that. Facts are really good PR3s sell for a hundred dollars up and your secret (most likely imaginary) brokers sells them for you for $40-$50??

            Yeah I am saying you are blowing smoke and the smoke has an ahem "different smell" to it. You know what I mean rasta?

            I am also stating two facts.

            A)Links are about quality not quantity
            B) DA although again I go by 20+ is wrong lots of time.

            Thats all
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455432].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nik0
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              I'm not spousing anything but all the regulars here know your drill. You argue these things for sales of your link services even when the threads are not about that. Facts are really good PR3s sell for a hundred dollars up and your secret (most likely imaginary) brokers sells them for you for $40-$50??

              Yeah I am saying you are blowing smoke and the smoke has an ahem "different smell" to it. You know what I mean rasta?

              I am also stating two facts.

              A)Links are about quality not quantity
              B) DA although again I go by 20+ is wrong lots of time.

              Thats all
              A) Yes and the more quality links you have the better lol

              B) That's no secret indeed, that's why there are many more stats and backlink analysis needed

              As for the prices, the PR3's with good metrics and good link profiles are obvious dropped ones and they always go for less then expiring ones at auctions. Has always been like that, besides that I do have to admit that it got quite a bit more rare then 1.5 years ago where I could chose from a list of 100+ domains and nowadays I am lucky to get 4-5 per month of those cheap PR3's.

              Pff know the drill, says someone who's every comment is just as related to his service as mine lol, pot blaming the kettle lol.

              The end, cause I know you love these threads to get as much exposure for your service as possible Btw did you notice how little I post on this forum these days? If it was all so profitable to non stop post I would still spend at least an hour a day wouldn't I. I think I've spend maybe 4 hours in the last 3 months posting here.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455449].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Jayski32
                Final post I make in this thread as I don't feel much for pissing contests, have more to do then that.

                There are 2 ways to run a service:

                1) Like I do, where clients in fact rent 60 homepage links, yep times changed, (10 PR2, 20 PR3 / 30 PR4) with 20 OBL on the homepage and they pay for that.

                2) Setting up 60 sites in the PR1-PR3 range with say 5 OBL

                There's something to say about both, but one thing I know for sure and that is that my long term customers, mostly SEO companies that outsource to me won't accept it when I come up with weak domains.
                Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                A) Yes and the more quality links you have the better lol

                B) That's no secret indeed, that's why there are many more stats and backlink analysis needed

                As for the prices, the PR3's with good metrics and good link profiles are obvious dropped ones and they always go for less then expiring ones at auctions. Has always been like that, besides that I do have to admit that it got quite a bit more rare then 1.5 years ago where I could chose from a list of 100+ domains and nowadays I am lucky to get 4-5 per month of those cheap PR3's.

                Pff know the drill, says someone who's every comment is just as related to his service as mine lol, pot blaming the kettle lol.

                The end, cause I know you love these threads to get as much exposure for your service as possible Btw did you notice how little I post on this forum these days? If it was all so profitable to non stop post I would still spend at least an hour a day wouldn't I. I think I've spend maybe 4 hours in the last 3 months posting here.

                So after all the hubablub. You basically admit in your last two posts that:
                1. DA is crap.
                2. The domains you like are next to impossible to get anymore at the price you want.
                3. Domains with metrics similar to what I provide could make a decent PBN for someone not in the linkrenting business.

                So thanks for needlessly shitting on my domains because you were scared of what it would mean for your business.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455624].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Steve Waller
                  Originally Posted by Icematikx View Post

                  I'm sorry, but your website is trying to sell me a DA12 domain with 2 root domains for £150, with a link from a PR6 domain. Links from PR6 domains aren't hard to come by. It's getting 40+ referring domains with a bunch of PR2/PR3/PR4 links and the occasional PR5/PR6 links that are difficult to get, and actually worth something.

                  What if that PR6 link drops tomorrow? The whole domain is WORTHLESS. Not to mention, the PR6 page probably has tons of OBL, making the link actually worthless. That's why you need at least 20+ referring domains.

                  If I scrape 500,000 url's tomorrow, and run all of the PR6/PR7 pages through Xenu, I'll find probably 15-20 unregistered domains. You're selling them for £150. I ignore them and leave them unregistered.
                  If you read the listing for that domain you'd see that the PR6 linking page has precisely 12 external links on it - not tons as you suggest. It also shows that I have checked the archive for that page and ever since it first shows up (October 2012), the page has remained unchanged. Does this mean it will last forever? No, of course not. Does it mean it stands a good chance of remaining in place - yes of course it does.

                  If you want to go and try that with Xenu then be my guest, I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying it would take you hours and thus you have to factor in the value you place on your time.

                  Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                  Btw I have tons of PR0, PR1, PR2 and even PR n/a domains with a MozTrust of 4+, I don't even use that crap anymore, it's just pending to get deleted at the next expiration.
                  Can I just ask, out of curiosity, whether those MozTrusts of 4+ are for the root domain and not the page metrics? If so, maybe you can PM me the ones you are going to let expired and I might buy them off you.

                  Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                  I don't know. I am okay with a PR4 link from joeblog.com. A link from nasa.gov has a much greater chance of being edited and removed, in my opinion.
                  As with the domain I talk about above - I always check to see how long the link has been in place and if the page ever gets updated. I'm not saying that it's definitely going to stick but I am very careful to try to mitigate against the possibility.

                  To clear up my thoughts - number of referring domains or IPs means nothing to me unless those links are on good pages. I've seen plenty of domains with 50 referring domains where the metrics look ok until you dig a little deeper.

                  Secondly, I don't like the flaming of people's services on here. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and people have different needs for different purposes whether that's selling links or selling the domains. Clearly one requires a different set of parameters than the other. So while I respect everyone's opinion, please can we refrain from calling each other's offerings worthless.
                  Signature


                  Crawl Your Way To Cheaper Expired Domains - PM Me To Access My Personal Crawler/Scraper


                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9456006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenL
    Haven't enjoyed a lively and informative thread such as this in quite a while. Learned a few things about what to look for when checking the link profile.
    Thanks, guys.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9458020].message }}

Trending Topics